Server merge request thread

90 Human Rogue
Here is the deal if Blizzard would merge for example if they have 20 low pop servers merge 2 servers with each other making 10 med/high pop servers then i'm sure it would save them some money in server maintenance. Also people are getting upset due to low pop and having to pay to transfer to better servers and cant afford it so they just quit playing and save money so in the long run blizzard would keep subscribers and make a lot of people happy.Even though merging the DB's would be a lot of work it would be worth it for blizzard in the long run
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I vote we merge or get people here soon
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
Transferred Off:

I've recently transferred most of my toons off to higher pop servers. I am leaving characters I have shelved here b/c its not worth the $$ to move them since I don't play them. I had a few tanks and healers and now that some of them are gone there will be less in trade making it harder to fill simple things like BH(which has become a feat of strength on rivendare). For a while I felt I was one of the last few helpful/useful people left.

Predictions:

My prediction is most, if not all, servers in this former battlegroup are linked and the server is called Emberstorm. GM hinted something big was coming in Mist, really what else could it be. Hard to say if a server as high pop as Moon Guard will be included, I would doubt it.

On Emberstorm:

Rivendare, Cairne and the rest of Emberstorm were BC launch servers, which was why Emberstorm was what it was. Traditionally a lot of Emberstorm had some higher than usual ratio of not so good players which was derived from raid progression during the old days of Ulduar and ICC back when people said raiding was easy.

Who is left:

The few dozen skilled that remain dedicated to Rivendare are a rare breed and most of them that are raiding have it made here and have too many alts to bother leaving. Some of which have evacuated maybe half of their toons with YL, leaving a group of alts mildly peppered accross the server.

Unfortunately there's a good number of people left are really really casual that have no idea what they are doing nor do they care. A lot of teens with low maturity levels as well. Along with that somehow some of the most unpleasant people have managed to stay behind and continue to pollute whats left of Rivendare.

Trade:

Trade has devolved into barrens chat. While looking to buy, sell, trade, or LFG there is nothing to be found. Most of the day/night its dead quiet but then the teens come out at prime time and exactly when you'd expect them to not be at school or sleeping and its mind numbing.

Server Merge:

It wouldn't be a long shot to put your money on the fact that the rest of the low pop servers on Emberstorm have these caliber players left on them. To merge the Emberstorm battlegroup into a server you will likely not end up with a playerbase from which to recruit raiders, or even run simple old raids or do anything worth doing.

Good luck with all that, you can keep paying for barrens chat in trade, however I will pay to play the game the way I want to play it.
Edited by Tytyghty on 4/8/2012 12:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Shaman
Edited by Tytyghty on 4/8/2012 12:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
I don't usually post on the forums but I felt inspired by this post. You are all bringing up valid points and, more importantly, you are offering solutions. I applaud everyone's effort and I would like to contribute.

Has anyone thought about consolidating guilds to form a stronger community/raiding presence? You could eliminate the trolling by using gchat for questions and ideas without persecution. Those who try and troll gchat can be removed and left out in the cold. I seem to remember a time when that was the standard. I think this is one of those "united we stand, divided we fall" type situations. Just a thought.

If anyone still has an active guild that is recruiting, I'd be interesting in joining. WTB friends. PST.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
I don't usually post on the forums but I felt inspired by this post. You are all bringing up valid points and, more importantly, you are offering solutions. I applaud everyone's effort and I would like to contribute.

Has anyone thought about consolidating guilds to form a stronger community/raiding presence? You could eliminate the trolling by using gchat for questions and ideas without persecution. Those who try and troll gchat can be removed and left out in the cold. I seem to remember a time when that was the standard. I think this is one of those "united we stand, divided we fall" type situations. Just a thought.

If anyone still has an active guild that is recruiting, I'd be interesting in joining. WTB friends. PST.

I've thought about that exactly as a matter of fact! Great idea! Amateur Hour recruitment is open and I try to say so in trade every now and again to get some people interested. I'd like to do exactly what you're describing here, and to elaborate a bit on it just build a solid network of players that would like to have community back in WoW. How much more strengthened would pugging be, etc? It would allow newer players to be able to learn from some experienced ones without be trolled by people adding to the problem here. If we want to build a better foundation for our server we're going to have to take the matter into our own hands, and bit by bit try to do our part to improve it.

With that said, just let me know what I can do to help out. Anyone is welcome to my guild, and my guild would be happy to have you.

You can refer to this post I made around this time last year in regards to the same: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2030064109 .

With our population dying as rapidly as it is now, hopefully we can spark some life back into this place.

Edit : For thread link.
Edited by Muradmode on 4/16/2012 5:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
88 Undead Priest
You guys do realise that if or when we ever merge (which is highly unlikely) that you will lose the freedom of farming things so easily. Mining, Herbing, Skinning will all become harder to do with nodes not there due to higher population. just some food for thought. I personally like rivendare the way it is. i can make tons of gold fairly easily. the same cannot be said for a server say like Blackrock.

-Kalisto

Rivendare 4 Life
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
You guys do realise that if or when we ever merge (which is highly unlikely) that you will lose the freedom of farming things so easily. Mining, Herbing, Skinning will all become harder to do with nodes not there due to higher population. just some food for thought. I personally like rivendare the way it is. i can make tons of gold fairly easily. the same cannot be said for a server say like Blackrock.

-Kalisto

Rivendare 4 Life

I'd take a regulated economy and higher supply on the AH over the state of it now any day. Sure there is more competition farming, but who cares when the supply is up and so are the buyers. It works itself out in a balance in the end that is WAAAAY better than having to either get everything on your own or pay outrageous controlled prices on a tiny supply. Besides what good is the gold if everything is inflated or not there?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote]With that said, just let me know what I can do to help out. Anyone is welcome to my guild, and my guild would be happy to have you.

With our population dying as rapidly as it is now, hopefully we can spark some life back into this place.

First: ^ big time bumpz

Second: Rivendare probably isn't ever going to be a high pop server where people are actually waiting for mobs to respawn or can't find nodes/herbs cause there's just SO MANY people. Right now we barely have 5000 items on the AH at a time.. high pop servers have 50,000+ at a minimum. I've grown to like some aspects of a low pop server (all the nodes to yourself, etc), but there is a happy medium. That's really what I would hope for from any potential server merge. I wanna be able to go buy Queen's Garnets for 500g... which you can do now on med/high pop servers.. doesn't that sound nice?!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
04/07/2012 03:29 AMPosted by Tytyghty
It wouldn't be a long shot to put your money on the fact that the rest of the low pop servers on Emberstorm have these caliber players left on them. To merge the Emberstorm battlegroup into a server you will likely not end up with a playerbase from which to recruit raiders, or even run simple old raids or do anything worth doing.

I think a server merge would likely bring in more raiders. We do have a small dedicated group of casual raiders on Rivendare, and I'm sure other low population servers do as well. It's becoming more and more difficult to fill raids or find people willing to join. The LFR feature has largely satisfied a lot of players' raiding appetites. I'm curious to see what Blizz has in store for MoP. I'm sure they realize they are having problems with server populations. I for one am all for a server merger. There are some great people on this server from the few guilds we have left, but I don't think anyone would be sad if the population got a boost.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Oh noes!!! That'll be way to hard! Blizzard will have to find a way to resolve same name issues if they do that, that's way to much work!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Bump for Blues :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Is there anyway to at least connect AH cross server?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I wouldn't mind having a server merger...I know I would not want to try keeping a 25man raiding guild going on this server as it is. Sadly, the best way to keep a guild going is to get people to transfer over, but that's not as feasible with a 25man as with a 10man.

I'm calling it right now. If a server merger happens, I get to keep the name Vasquez...I CALLED DIBS.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I've noticed Blizzard hasn't done a lot of server merging since they introduced transfers. I think they believe that between guild transfers, paid transfers, plus the new tools MoP is introducing for X realm stuff they no longer need to worry about merging servers.

I would encourage them that while all of the above are great, dying servers still need to be merged for AH's, things like TB, guilds/progression, and PuG raids (I know this is somewhat alleviated by LFR and x server stuff, but it still is helpful to have an active server).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think they should provide everyone on Rivendare a free Realm xfer so that this fail of a server can be laid to rest....just started back up again after a year and the server is just terrible as far as population on the alliance side :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Actually i have checked out some of the X realm stuff. i encountered 12 people on my random flight to nowhere around eastern kingdoms (Eastern plague west plague arathi and wetlands)

And If you haven't been to dalaran its almost the happening place again. made a couple new battle tag buddies up there. Not to mention ive been griefing the lvl 77 to 80 hordies in Icecrown as i farm for frostweave and trophies.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I remember WTB Friends. good peeps.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
BLIZZ FIX OUR DEAD SERVER PRETTY PLEASE!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]