No Blizzcon - Cancelled in 2012?!

MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
01/25/2012 06:02 AMPosted by Jackjagalos
I'm disappointed since I was hoping to go this year if I could save up the dough, but I guess it just means that the 2013 one will be twice as good, right?

2013 probably means time for titan, so it might be worth going to that one.

Heck yeah. :) And hopefully by then we'll be knee deep in Pandas and D3 too so fans can gossip about that while more details on the new game are released.

The sad thing is, it probably will take me about that long to save up the money necessary to go. So maybe this is a blessing in disguise. *eyes non-maxed credit cards.*
90 Human Warlock
No new Blizzcon mini pet?

T_T
I really don't look for Blizzcon in 2013 either.....it's a tough pill to swallow; but Blizzard just isn't the leader they once were. Another 800K (from what analyst are saying we will get the real number at the next investors meeting) has left WoW putting up the numbers at around 3 million lost and Mike Morhaime keeps saying they'll be back but really it aint happening. SCII did okay but it wasn't the Block Buster folks thought it would be...D III we probably won't see it till late 2012...or early 2013 given the recent shake up.

I'm sad to see those heady days when Blizzard ruled the world go...but we all knew it was going to happen one day. A lot of folks I knew who went to Blizzcon came back and said..."I just had the feeling I was attending the last Blizzcon" Looks like they were right.

85 Dwarf Warlock
01/25/2012 06:06 AMPosted by Judge
Im glad there will be no Hordecon 2012! Now all the neckbeards that roll horde will have to meet up at the local McDonalds to yell Loktar Ogar.

Yup, the standard response from a self hating WoW player that assumes all players are like him. Put down the big mac, take a deep breath, and try to calm down.

I cant take a deep breath! My mothers basement is far too musty.
85 Undead Rogue
Prolly a good thing considering all people do around here during Blizzcon and in the following days/weeks is post threads pissing and moaning about all the announcements, how everything sucks, and how Blizzard are driving this game into the grave.
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/25/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Hellpint
Im glad there will be no Hordecon 2012! Now all the neckbeards that roll horde will have to meet up at the local McDonalds to yell Loktar Ogar.

Sorry your faction is notoriously wimpy. =P

At least most of you are pretty. And you have Draenei. Oh, Draenei.. I wanna be a Draenei. It'd be really awkward with all my horde pride, but I'd be so pretttttyyyyyyyyyy.
85 Worgen Mage
Hope this means they'll find someone better to carry their online streaming then. A lot of time to browse. Really do hope they find a new provider. This past year SUCKED so much. It really was a waste of money. Couldn't watch most stuff whenever you wanted because the whole thing was botched.
85 Troll Druid
Good. Now they have time to book a proper musical performance and not some heavy metal garbage.
90 Gnome Warrior
What really makes me curious is they're hosting an E-sports event in 2012 BUT didn't the E-sport commission remove Arena from it's list of 'official e-sports'? I mean, yeah sitting around watching people play SC2 might be fun...for about 3 minutes.

I'm not sure WHERE they're going with this unless it's just going to be an 'off year' for Blizzard overall regarding new information and thus not really worth the cost of hosting Blizzcon.
97 Draenei Paladin
01/25/2012 06:07 AMPosted by Jadden
SCII did okay

SCII flopped which is why we aren't hearing anything about HOS, and nobody is asking about it. However that didn't stop all the subsequent BlizzCons.
100 Draenei Paladin
WoW, that's pretty unbelievable. Since Blizzcon started have they ever missed a year like this? This is a mistake in my opinion, Blizzcon is a huge PR event and on the Warcraft side of things they can't afford to cancel things like this in my opinion.

Kind of a bummer, I have no idea if I would have been able to go this year but I was going to try, went last year and it was a freaking blast.
85 Worgen Druid

I cant take a deep breath! My mothers basement is far too musty.

Oh my..How did you break into a sweat eating french fries?

Theyre pretty crunchy fries...takes alot of work.
90 Gnome Warrior
01/25/2012 06:15 AMPosted by Judge
What really makes me curious is they're hosting an E-sports event in 2012 BUT didn't the E-sport commission remove Arena from it's list of 'official e-sports'? I mean, yeah sitting around watching people play SC2 might be fun...for about 3 minutes.

I know it was dropped by MLG. Maybe this is a different league, i don't follow it enough to care.

MLG was the one I was thinking about! I still don't get it though. Only thing I can figure is that it's going to be an 'off news' year for Blizzard so it's not worth the money to them.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]