No Blizzcon - Cancelled in 2012?!

85 Tauren Druid
D3, MOP and Heart of the Swarm will all be out before Blizzcon 2012..so nothing really to talk about.
2013 will be all about Titan
82 Human Paladin
Think about it in a positive way OP.

All this means is that we have more instore for us in terms of gaming experience :)

I hope they spend their blizzcon budget on something truly amazing!

like loot rules in LFR and maybe they can hire some more brains to ditch this rotation thing where each class is OP for a few months and ones always gimped for the same period..

Let us pray..

~Vael

Errrrmmm I thought the people who pay mega bucks to show up to Blizzcon pay for it. I'm not sure Blizzard would spend that much money on it to be honest. And what they spend on it, they would easily make back with tickets and online streaming of the event.

They make money on it with ridiculous amounts of press it gets. It's hard to put an exact dollar amount on something like that but I promise you....it way more than you would think it to be. They've said in the past they actually lose money doing Blizzcon but the PR more than makes up for the loss.
100 Worgen Druid
Considering they have a lot of stuff to release this year, I really doubt they would have anything besides updates about what they said in blizzcon 2011.

So, it's more than fine to not have one this year.

01/25/2012 06:03 AMPosted by Hellpint
Im glad there will be no Hordecon 2012! Now all the neckbeards that roll horde will have to meet up at the local McDonalds to yell Loktar Ogar.

Oh my... So true that made lmao.
86 Draenei Paladin
After the turdstorm that happened this Blizzcon, I'd be surprised if they ever held one again.
85 Blood Elf Warlock
People got spoiled into expecting Blizzard to put on the convention every year.

Geez, it's not the end of the world if it doesn't happen - get over it. It'll be back next year.
I also look at other signs pointing to Blizzards overall decline.

WoW Official magazine cancelled.
    Jinx Reducing or Phasing out the WoW clothing line
    WoW TCG game production being cut way back with rumors of being discontinued later this year
    DC stopping production of WoW action figure
    WoW comic being discontinued.

So merchandising is dead for this game and is very minimal for all Blizzards other games...No Blizzcon, D III pushed back till god knows when....how can anyone put a positive spin on this??
Edited by Jadden on 1/25/2012 7:08 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I also look at other signs pointing to Blizzards overall decline.

WoW Official magazine cancelled.
    Jinx Reducing or Phasing out the WoW clothing line
    WoW TCG game production being cut way back with rumors of being discontinued later this year
    DC stopping production of WoW action figure
    WoW comic being discontinued.

So merchandising is dead for this game and is very minimal for all Blizzards other games...No Blizzcon, D III pushed back till god knows when....how can anyone put a positive spin on this??

You would be so, so, very wrong then, Chicken Little.
96 Draenei Mage
Ill go out and say it now.

I blame.... activision CORPORATE GREED!

lawls sorry.. I had to be the first! bobby kotick fault!

Too bad Activision has no control over Blizz...nice try though :)
01/25/2012 07:09 AMPosted by Malistra
You would be so, so, very wrong then, Chicken Little.

How exactly am I wrong? Everything I said is true and is happening. I see cut backs like that it tells me the brand is dead.
Edited by Jadden on 1/25/2012 7:12 AM PST
85 Human Warlock

Yeah, the LGBT Q&A controversy. The Corpsegrinder fallout. The woman who was assaulted because she was an Alliance player. 2011 Blizzcon certainly wasn't Blizzard's finest hour.

Well we can all blame Blizzard for fostering that behavior for years...now the Genie is out of the Bottle and there isn't any way for Blizzard to put him back in...they ran off most of the respectable players years ago...whats left is that loser with a rap sheet wearing a horde T-shirt....that is the average WoW player now.

I don't really agree with the fact that Bliz wouldn't be able to "put the Genie back in the bottle". After all, they *could* hire a lot more security so assaulting people (like that woman was) wouldn't happen.

Also, they could display 100% faction neutrality at the next con. Basically, they should only mention factions in the context of the game itself and not talk about how cool either of them are. That would mean, NO alliance shirts from the staff, NO horde war cries , and absolutely NO jokes about players who play EITHER faction. It would be sad that it would have to come to that, but....well, the truth is that a good chunk of the playerbase isn't able to handle a little friendly game rivalry without taking it into real life. Tis why we can't have nice things.
Edited by Nephthys on 1/25/2012 7:13 AM PST
100 Human Death Knight
Maybe after reading these forums for the last 7 years, they decided damn we need a break this year from meeting these same nut jobs in the flesh.
90 Blood Elf Mage
01/25/2012 06:02 AMPosted by Solaru
Controversy?

Yeah, all the people getting shirty and emo about wanting LGBT themes shoehorned into WoW or taking the nerdrage of George Fisher seriously. It was famous and important for about a week. Then the Kung-Fu Panda/Pokemon trolls overtook it until they too became old and got put back in the box for later flogging.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I rather they get the games out faster missing 1 blizzcon wont kill me thanks.
85 Human Warlock
01/25/2012 07:17 AMPosted by Valariala
Controversy?

Yeah, all the people getting shirty and emo about wanting LGBT themes shoehorned into WoW or taking the nerdrage of George Fisher seriously. It was famous and important for about a week. Then the Kung-Fu Panda/Pokemon trolls overtook it until they too became old and got put back in the box for later flogging.

Is it sad that the "pokemon" pet battles is the ONE thing I'm actually looking forward to the most in this game? I personally don't understand all the hate. I foresee people getting addicted to this feature.

Lets just pray it doesn't go the way of 'Path Of The Titans'
90 Blood Elf Paladin
And just fyi they only have so many people about 5k that work for blizzard i know its shocking if you go read the info on there poppution its not many people so its either games go out faster or you get yout blizzcon i rather not wait another year or a !@#$ ton of months for the games.

Well we can all blame Blizzard for fostering that behavior for years...now the Genie is out of the Bottle and there isn't any way for Blizzard to put him back in...they ran off most of the respectable players years ago...whats left is that loser with a rap sheet wearing a horde T-shirt....that is the average WoW player now.

I don't really agree with the fact that Bliz wouldn't be able to "put the Genie back in the bottle". After all, they *could* hire a lot more security so assaulting people (like that woman was) wouldn't happen.

Also, they could display 100% faction neutrality at the next con. Basically, they should only mention factions in the context of the game itself and not talk about how cool either of them are. That would mean, NO alliance shirts from the staff, NO horde war cries , and absolutely NO jokes about players who play EITHER faction. It would be sad that it would have to come to talk, but....a majority of the playerbase isn't able to handle a little friendly rivalry without taking it into real life. Tis why we can't have nice things.

Yeah that would be nice ...I mean it is what Bioware does for TOR and there is a lot less community hair pulling because of it......but Blizzard developers have always made it known that they created the Alliance just to beat up on ......I mean I have seen them openly laugh while a fat Horde player yelled at the girl standing in the row in front of my wife and I that he was going to and I quote; "Cut her Fing throat" at the 2009 Blizzcon ...but the dev on the stage saw it and just chuckled about it...unless you have actually been to a Blizzcon you have no idea how Alliance players are treated; it's why less and Less Alliance players show up every year.

This nose dive is Blizzards own making really...for years decent people who just wanted to play the game begged Blizzard to stop with the Favoritism and the promoting of hate speech...they were laughed at called names and ignored...what we are seeing now is the consequence of those actions.
Yes I would love to see them turn it all around…not really hopeful of it happening though.
Edited by Jadden on 1/25/2012 7:24 AM PST
85 Human Warlock
01/25/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Wynters
Maybe after reading these forums for the last 7 years, they decided damn we need a break this year from meeting these same nut jobs in the flesh.

I have friends who will prob meet up in Cali anyway this summer, for hotel guild meet-ups. After all, theres a lot of people that go out there annually for the hotel room parties. Blizzcon was just a bonus for them. ^_^.

It's funny, I know people who even went out there, not knowing ANYONE, didn't get a ticket, and just went to chill at various people's hotel parties to get smashed and God-knows what else! lol. As I understand, it doesn't matter if you know people...a lot of people have these, like...open-door hotel parties there and let anyone chill and drink with them
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/25/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Nephthys

Is it sad that the "pokemon" pet battles is the ONE thing I'm actually looking forward to the most in this game? I personally don't understand all the hate. I foresee people getting addicted to this feature.

Lets just pray it doesn't go the way of 'Path Of The Titans'
yeah i hated when they cancelled it oh well. path of the titan sounded primiseing but they said it would have just been more talents to deal with that could op some classes.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]