R.I.P Durotan Horde?

Is it true or just trade chat trolls looking for attention? :O
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Don't let the trolls of trade chat fool you.

Horde players on durotan still exist.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Even the few mins I spend on my 2 horde toons. Trade chat is pretty much dead.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Maybe Alliance will start winning BH more often now...
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Don't let the trolls of trade chat fool you.

Horde players on durotan still exist.

Says the Human >.>
There has been a drastic decline in the number of players though. Whether it be SWTOR, Skyrim, end of expansion boredom, or just getting tired of how blizzard is turning this game into a children's game by dumbing it down entirely too much. I've seen several people xfer servers as well. Alot of guilds are having trouble filling spots for raids. Wish they hadn't made all the servers they did, maybe then there'd be more people on durotan.
Reply Quote
I got a lot of respect for you hordies, you guys have gone through a lot of bs over the last few months. Isnt going to stop me from pwning faces in TB and what not though. *pokes the folk from Advent* >:)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Yeah, well, you guys still have more guilds who've downed something past Heroic Morchok, so you must be doing something right lol.

Though it is sometimes funny to check your auction house and go "huh, no red or epic gems at all right now", lol. I dunno about your trade chat, but big portions of your AH are a ghost town sometimes.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
01/27/2012 01:15 PMPosted by Variat
Yeah, well, you guys still have more guilds who've downed something past Heroic Morchok, so you must be doing something right lol.

And then stopped progressing >.>
I know with the loss of people Remix is working on rebuilding core 10 man. So yea, we have guilds that have downed more than H Morchok, but also guilds that have done that and then stopped progressing and actually degressed...
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
yes RIP durotan horde
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Horde isn't dead. Dark Democracy, Dead Poets Society and Light Democracy all still raid and are progressing on 10m content. And from what Druidicdark said it sounds like Remix will be back in the mix shortly also.

I agree that the number of players has shrunk. I'm thinking maybe 30% of what we had in Wrath. I remember Remix, Light Democracy, Dark Democracy, Exile, and a few other guilds all running 25m content weekly back then.

Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I know im pretty new over here but i find it alot better than most servers. My old alliance server is lucky to have maybe 10 people in trade at once nowdays.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Not gonna be much of an alliance without a horde to counter. /sob
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Wouldn't mind getting home one day to see Durotan absorbed into another server.

...Well, a non-latin-speaking server.

...And preferably after we're done with D.S. realm first lol.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Wouldn't mind getting home one day to see Durotan absorbed into another server.

...Well, a non-latin-speaking server.

...And preferably after we're done with D.S. realm first lol.

Lol, I wouldn't mind it merging with another server but i doubt it'll happen, and i'm too stubborn to xfer to another server...
Reply Quote
60 Orc Rogue
The Horde on Durotan is in pretty bad shape. Not dead, but kind of languishing along, too stubborn to die.

AH sucks.

Trade sucks.

Raiding is sucking.

That said, Union of Death is still fielding a 10 man team and are on non-heroic Spine finally. Slow going, but getting there.

EDIT:

And merging servers would be a huge headache that I am not sure they would want to tackle. Name conflicts, guild name conflicts, population conflicts, etc. Not to mention the image that comes with merges, that of a dying game.

Anyway, yeah, we could use some more Horde on Durotan.
Edited by Krunge on 2/2/2012 6:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
Horde may be struggling to breathe right now, but i must say, after i a few weeks playing horde, its about 10x more friendly there. Im by no means a gold begger/dungeon begger, etc; but within a few hours of making a toon and gettin to Ogrimmar to learn some much needed upgrades, the guild i was in (think it was Honor Bound) decided to help me out and sent me a few extra mats and epic leg enchant to sell on AH that they had in their GB. I've been an alliance player on Durotan since Wrath and not once did I ever experience that kind of generosity.

Maybe if word spreads of how friendly Durotan Horde is over the Alliance, maybe there could be a minor population surge and Horde could get back on track.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
x2 for the more Horde on Durotan.

But I don't think things are quite as grim as everyone is saying. We're currently 4/8...which isn't sucking (in the top 1,000 US guilds..yeah...not great..but not terrible either). But that is only 10 of us (well 13 of us...).

Horde is definitely running low on players. We're currently outnumbered 2:1 (not sure this is accurate, but it's from: http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us). And you can feel that the economy and player base are shrinking.

As far as the AH being crazy...I think that is all servers. For gems check these...Durotan Horde is right about in the middle of the range (and cheaper than the Alliance in most cases):
Inferno Ruby
http://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?realm=H-Durotan&item=52190
Bold Inferno Ruby:
http://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?realm=H-Durotan&item=52206
Brilliant Inferno Ruby:
http://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?realm=H-Durotan&item=52207
Delicate Inferno Ruby:
http://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?realm=H-Durotan&item=52212

Another favorite of mine to watch is Elementium Ore. We're just a bit above average price on that. Still not too crazy.
http://theunderminejournal.com/item.php?realm=H-Durotan&item=52185

I can imagine that BoE DS gear may be scarce.

But I wouldn't give up on the Horde yet. Mists might bring a nice resurgence. We can hope.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
x2 for the more Horde on Durotan.
Horde is definitely running low on players. We're currently outnumbered 2:1 (not sure this is accurate, but it's from: http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us).

From the looks of it, WoWprogress only tracks the population of people who have either killed t12 content or are in a guild that has killed t12 content.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Glad I'm not the only one that has to wake up this frickin' early every day, lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]