Please bring back whoever designed Ulduar

90 Blood Elf Priest
** This thread is capped and the second thread can be found here http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3967588043?page=1 **

Or if they are still working at Blizzard, make them in charge of raid design again please.

I am steadily getting burnt out by the same ol' same ol' of the raiding design that started with the atrocity which was ToC.

Normal 10-man -> Flip a switch -> Heroic 10-man

Normal 25-man -> Flip a switch -> Heroic 25-man

There has nothing been quite like the, "OMG!" moment when you pushed that big red button in Mim's room. Or when everyone in the raid blew all of their CDs to get XT's heart down only to see him regain full health and start wailing on the tank even harder.

I don't know how to explain it, but there was more depth with the hardmodes in Ulduar. Whether it was just a DPS race, or having to deal with a slew of new mechanics like Freya, I can say that I have never enjoyed a raiding as much as I did than when I did Ulduar and I was very sad when ToC came out as a tier raid.

Can we please remove the "switch" for hardmodes please? Can we have more of a variety of drops rather than three pieces of the same gear with slightly different colors and some green lettering? Can we please get Ulduar 2.0? *puppydogeyes*

Thank you~
Edited by Arianenna on 1/27/2012 2:47 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
Ulduar in general was pretty amazing. Blizz, please do more stuff like Ulduar.
Edited by Korlek on 1/25/2012 4:07 PM PST
90 Worgen Death Knight
Quickly followed by "This raid is too long, Blizzard!"
85 Blood Elf Rogue
They also need to make raids that don't need nerfing. Can't recall if Ulduar even had nerfs. Prob did but I can't recall them.
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/25/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Malmström
Quickly followed by "This raid is too long, Blizzard!"

I don't recall any vast complaints about the raid being "too long", especially since a nice handful of the bosses could be skipped if you didn't want to bother with them.
90 Human Death Knight
Wasn't this the raid everyone hated on for the entirety of Wrath?

Why does everyone now have a sudden change in opinion?

Edit: Or was it ToC?
Edited by Nithalak on 1/25/2012 4:17 PM PST
90 Tauren Druid
01/25/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Nyzul
They also need to make raids that don't need nerfing. Can't recall if Ulduar even had nerfs. Prob did but I can't recall them.

It did.. but the nerfs were to parts that needed it... mostly bugfixes and tweaks to actually make them doable without exploiting...

Ulduar HMs were hard in appropriate gear... and I loved that instance... not only did we have the HMs and associated achievements for the meta, we also had loads of other achievements as well that weren't part of the meta. That were just there for fun.. and as an alternate playstyle for those who could do normal, but couldn't do heroic mode.
25 Blood Elf Paladin

People hated Ulduar? Bwuuuuhhh?

Ulduar was the single best raid Blizzard has ever created.
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Go figure.

I think it was TotC that everyone hated. T9 or whatever it was. I hadn't really seen any complaints about Ulduar. That seems to be the most popular raid next to Kara.
90 Blood Elf Priest

I don't know what forums you were reading, but Ulduar was like one raid that wasn't completely hated upon during Wrath.
85 Human Warlock
yeah I agree, Ulduar is amazing looks like they put lots of effort into that raid.
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/25/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Lynaris
I think it was TotC that everyone hated. T9 or whatever it was. I hadn't really seen any complaints about Ulduar. That seems to be the most popular raid next to Kara.

^^that
90 Pandaren Warrior
Ulduar would have been perfect if it was split into 4 parts that ran together through the patch and could be gotten to without doing the previous one.

In it's base state, the thing was just too long. Especially with traditional progression where you had everything you needed off the first 3 in line, but still had to waste the 45 min to an hour killing them before getting to the tier 8 bosses.

Ulduar is a good raid to emulate and look at, but not something that long... Anything over 8ish in one raid is too much.

But I am disappointed that we didn't really get any encounter raids this expac. 4 winds was the only one.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ulduar is a good raid to emulate and look at, but not something that long... Anything over 8ish in one raid is too much.

Wow...

The fact that having a raid with more than 8 bosses would be considered "too much" shows the sad state this game has become :(
85 Night Elf Druid
If I'm not mistaken, a GM said the reason they don't do Ulduar type hardmodes is because:

1) It took alot more time and money to create them.

2) People complained that they accidently triggered hardmode and got roflstomped.

and

3) Because if they did it for every raid it wouldn't be special.
85 Gnome Rogue

I don't know what forums you were reading, but Ulduar was like one raid that wasn't completely hated upon during Wrath.

Yeah, everyone complained about ToC, not Ulduar. Ulduar was amazing.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
Yeah it was Trial of the Crusader everyone hates/hated, esp the faction champions boss fight and the cheating last boss where you needed to keep people at the a low enough health level to not heal the boss, while having enough health to not die.

Ironically enough makes that boss worse at 85 lol

Ulduar wasn't out for very long before ToC came with higher leveled gear to replace it. Then ICC
Edited by Nyzul on 1/25/2012 4:46 PM PST
80 Blood Elf Priest
Ulduar would have been perfect if it was split into 4 parts that ran together through the patch and could be gotten to without doing the previous one.

In it's base state, the thing was just too long. Especially with traditional progression where you had everything you needed off the first 3 in line, but still had to waste the 45 min to an hour killing them before getting to the tier 8 bosses.

But I am disappointed that we didn't really get any encounter raids this expac. 4 winds was the only one.
Actually, if they released Raid Lock Extension with Ulduar, a lot of the length issues people faced with Ulduar could have been avoided. I remember when my 10man would clear the first 6 non-optional bosses and then be done for the week (since we only raid 2 nights a week). At best we got 2-3 attempts on Mimiron, but the next week, we would have to repeat the same 6 bosses and maybe get 1-2 more attempts on Mimiron compared to last week.

That was with skipping the optional bosses like Razorscale, Ignis, and Council so we felt really behind other guilds on our server that raided 4-5 nights a week and it was just a meh feeling throughout most of the summer.

Of course, splitting the raid like they do LFR could work, but it just seems too disconnected when there really is no need when they had Raid Lock Extension around the corner.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]