Please bring back whoever designed Ulduar

90 Troll Shaman
01/26/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Nodrugs
when i buy a single-player console game, i'm not thinking "man this takes too long, i want to kill the final boss RIGHT NOW.

You can't compare a single player title to an MMO. You just can't. It's like comparing solitaire to poker. Yeah, they're both played with cards, but that's about the extent of the similarities. The goals of each game are completely different.
85 Orc Death Knight
01/26/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Aurora
Big grand raids... Naxx, Ulduar, ICC... these are what made this game fun and exciting. It gave guilds something to do for the whole week. Most guilds that aren't really too interested in HM's right now are done in a night. I miss so much being able to do Ulduar on 10 man when I want, then logging on at night and raiding with my guild to do Ulduar 25. I think you guys are totally wrong when it comes to this argument, and you're hiding behind a mystical statistic that we don't even know if it's real or not. I remember the progression of Ulduar quite fondly back in the day. Most guilds that were progressing were 25 mans, and it was quite a competitive scene.

Big grand raids... Naxx, Ulduar, ICC... these are what made this game fun and exciting. I think you guys are totally wrong when it comes to this argument, and you're hiding behind a mystical statistic that we don't even know if it's real or not. I remember the progression of Ulduar quite fondly back in the day. Most guilds that were progressing were 25 mans, and it was quite a competitive scene.

Big grand raids... Naxx, Ulduar, ICC... these are what made this game fun and exciting. you're hiding behind a mystical statistic that we don't even know if it's real or not.

just wanted to point out the irony
53 Orc Shaman
Just a thought to throw out that maybe this game could look at doing since we know we are adding scenarios to the game maybe do something like, dare i say it (something like what is in the game RIFT) and maybe throw in some random outdoor raid type encounters that anyone in the zones these encounters pop up in can help and get something out of it for their help like special currency and maybe even some new achievements etc.... and since they would be random it'd maybe get those that camp out in big cities like ORG and SW back out in the world again. go on any realm and goto any zone an maybe there'd be 3 folks in say the barrens maybe 3 in stranglethorn maybe 1 or 2 in anyother zone but goto ORG or SW and do a /who stormwind or /who orgrimar and the zone is maxxed you can't even list all the folks hanging out in it goto general chat in the social panel and the list of people in stormwind and orgrimar general chat is as long as the list is for trade chat usually 100 +. do something to get these people out of the cities and into playing the game.

sure MOP is going to get them out for awhile like maybe 3 days but then they'll all be back sitting around doing nothing. unless they actually roll a panda an level 1 predict once world an realm firsts pop be a lot of race changes like most did with the worgen an goblin 90% of the worgen an goblins in the game are paid race changes.
Edited by Räffäëlë on 1/26/2012 2:02 PM PST
90 Human Paladin
01/26/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Kaivax
Nonetheless, because there are so many requests for those style mechanics, we are considering doing a few bosses with optional modes (in the same way Mimiron, Freya or Sartharion had them) in Mists of Pandaria.

You won the internet.
90 Blood Elf Priest

You are trying to compare apples to oranges.

I can say that more people cleared ZA in Cata than in BC and although true, the fact that they are two completely different instances has a huge part in it. The same for LFR DS vs Normal/Heroic DS.

Its a raid difficulty so no...

Certainly it is new but why do you think they created it? Thousands of threads are quite vocal about it over the years regarding raiding in general.

Normal DS has a very high clear rate as well.

And your point? I am not being facetious. I am honestly trying to figure out what your point is in all of this.
90 Human Warrior
01/26/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Ashva
Blizzard doesn't cater to one crowd nor to subjective opinions so quit passing Ulduar as the most awesome raid of all time. By all means LFR DS is the most awesome raid of all time because of the numbers.

A raid's quality isn't determined by how many people finished it, that's asinine.
91 Draenei Death Knight
Longer raids definitely keep me interested longer. I mean if every tier was as long as Ulduar, ICC or BoT/BWD then we wouldn't be getting bored so quickly. We weren't even done with Ulduar when ToC came out and continued to focus on Ulduar for at least a month past Anub'arak's unlocking. Short tiers such as ToC, Firelands, or Dragon Soul are just unsatisfying.

Did it take a long time to clear to Yogg? Sure. Same with the Lich King. It was hard to kill both Cho'gall and Nef in the same lockout (but you had that choice at least). However in many ways I'd prefer having something to work towards every week. You're rewarded for being efficient.

Though in all these cases the length could have been mitigated by being more willing to keep trash under control. Often it feels like someone didn't know when to stop when implementing trash. Worst offenders include Freya's Conservatory, General Vezax trash, the entirety of BoT, and entirely pointless events like the spiders before Sindragosa and the drakes before Ultraxion.

I just don't find 8 boss tiers to be acceptable, not at all.
Edited by Vyers on 1/26/2012 2:04 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/26/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Ashva
People hate DS, hate Firelands but a hell of a lot more people cleared them then WOTLK raids.

They cleared them because they were short and easy, plus DS had the added perk of LFR where you can literally AFK to victory.

This thread is about wanting Kara/Ulduar-like raids again and if the "nay" is due to time and length, LFR chunks would fix that.

Blizzard doesn't cater to one crowd nor to subjective opinions so quit passing Ulduar as the most awesome raid of all time. By all means LFR DS is the most awesome raid of all time because of the numbers.

A raid's quality isn't determined by how many people finished it, that's asinine.

Amen!
Edited by Arianenna on 1/26/2012 2:03 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]