Please bring back whoever designed Ulduar

90 Human Warrior
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCG2Q8iQzEE

Relevant
85 Troll Mage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCG2Q8iQzEE

Relevant

That right there is a beautiful showcase of what Blizzard can do at there best and with enough time. No wonder WoW is the top MMO out there.
90 Worgen Warrior
Again, it took them over a year to make. Its not feasible now-a-days.
85 Tauren Druid
I felt like Firelands came pretty damn close to Ulduar in its creative boss fights and end boss.
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/25/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Glokki
Ulduar was and still is the best raid instance ever created by Blizzard.

Mhmm~!

That was an issue with Flame Leviathan. The first boss shouldn't take 45 minutes to organize.

If it took 45-minutes to organize, your raid leader was doing something wrong >.>

01/25/2012 05:59 PMPosted by Jessebella
People didn't really get the chance to complain. ToC came out soon after Ulduar. The only people who saw all of it in its prime where the Super guilds that burn through content.

I was in a fairly casual guild that raided 25-mans 2 nights a week and did the occasional 10-man now and then, and still managed killed Yogg plus a few hardmodes a good number of times on my shaman. The 10-man easier mode made it very accessible to the casual player.
Edited by Arianenna on 1/26/2012 1:48 AM PST
85 Human Rogue
How about the nax/bwl team, sure u love los breaks on tank swaps, yes. and a 10 min run back :D
100 Pandaren Rogue
Freya was such a lovely Granola Girl.
100 Human Paladin

I was in a fairly casual guild that raided 25-mans 2 nights a week and did the occasional 10-man now and then, and still managed killed Yogg plus a few hardmodes a good number of times on my shaman. The 10-man easier mode made it very accessible to the casual player.

That might have been the case with your guild, but even looking at statements Blizzard has made, they felt they rushed TotC out before they should have. I'd have to go dig up old blue posts, but I remember reading one where they felt they didn't let ulduar stay as the current raid tier for as long as they should have based on both feedback, and looking at their own statistics for what guilds were accomplishing.
85 Troll Death Knight
I think Ulduar had more work put into it than all of Cata raids combined, and it shows.

I can't say a bad word about Ulduar. I really, really hope they create a raid in MoP that has even half of the love and dedication that Ulduar had.
80 Draenei Paladin
Everything about Ulduar was done right:

-It was visually stunning
-The fights were very different from each other
-The "hardmodes" were VERY different from the original fights (unlike Dragon Soul)
-It progressively got more challenging after each boss
-It wasn't a one level raid - as you got deeper into Ulduar, you realize how massive it was, which left me questioning "What could be down here?"

Sure it may have taken a year to finalize, but it was definitely worth it for the players. Ulduar will always be my favorite raid. I really hope Blizzard puts the amount of effort as they did for Ulduar into MoP.
85 Human Rogue
My guild never got far in Ulduar (lolKologarn) but it was an amazing raid and I /gquit when they stopped raiding it because of not even trying to go farther. Next week I killed Mimiron in a different 10 man guild, and I was soo happy seeing all the content I'd been roadblocked on for a long time. I was actually excited when the raid leader told us we'd be going for a heroic mode kill! Even if it was just one boss, I was overjoyed. I didn't get that for the rest of wrath with heroic modes, and didn't even bother in Cataclysm. TotC pretty much killed the fun of being a raider for me, which was short because I started at the beginning of wrath lol.

I still love going back to Ulduar to this day on alts, I've never gotten bored of it.
85 Orc Warrior
Better yet make a Ulduar 2.0
90 Orc Hunter
Sorry, they're busy.

The D team is assigned to WOW.

The C Team is working on Diablo.

The B Team are working on Titan.

The A Team are working on the Real Money Auction House. They only get one shot at it... but if it works, Blizzard will be earning BILLIONS. That project get only Blizzard's best.

Spitfire; I should douse your bad mouth with water.

Ulduar was built up since... Forever ago? Ulduar is a titans thing if I remember correctly, and Blizzard had so many lore sources, art sources, and everything inbetween to probably make Ulduar fantastically well made.

and the final battle with the Old god has been buolt up since classic, even Ulduar itself was just a teaser-

suprise we just did it- DS.

yeh..
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/26/2012 04:08 AMPosted by Glìtterstorm
Better yet make a Ulduar 2.0

Yes prz~!
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/26/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Firestyle

If it took 45-minutes to organize, your raid leader was doing something wrong >.>

Our guild run was fairly efficient, but every 10 man PUG I ever ran took forever to assess who knew what vehicle and then plan it out.

And, do you know how few people knew how to get pyrite, and stack pyrite? Geez....and then there's that guy that always runs down at starts hardmode, since the titan was dead center and Brann was off to the side. So then there's towers to kill.......

Oh...Those kind of pugs :3

Yeah...Flame would take an eternity with those >.<

And on a side note, I totally loved Freya's room ^_^ Being an herbalist and an alchemist on that fight was sweeeeet~
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]