The Ironman Challenge III

95 Undead Rogue
Some notes in response to Ironworgen’s request for statistical data.

Based on information currently remaining in my spreadsheet (remember I deleted a BUNCH of information on dead toons before we began trying to look at this data so, while “current”, it may not be proprely inclusive of past feats [which might not be verifiable]) we have:

30 ‘active’ participants:
Hunter – 13
Rogue – 4
Warrior – 3
Druid – 2
Priest – 2
Shaman – 2
Warlock – 2
Mage – 1
Paladin – 1

(I put ‘active’ in quotes because some of them haven’t had any progress since inception and I don’t know if they’re still ‘in’ or not).

Of those – Highest levels to date
Mage _____47
Hunter_____34
Warlock____45
Shaman ___23
Druid______19
Rogue_____16
Paladin____11
Priest______10
Warrior____10

Hope that helps.

Side Note
Ferrousbuelr: Armory currently shows this toon as level 16, but my list shows it at 19. Is this a restart, did I get it wrong to start? --- please help. Thank you.

Edit to correct Warlock high level
Re-edit to correct Warlock/Hunter high level
Edited by Aberzombie on 1/26/2012 11:42 AM PST
29 Night Elf Hunter
01/26/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Selenagnomez
probably doesn't help i play on my lunch break..hoping to hit 8 by the time i leave

lol yeah that might be it

No college kids playing in between classes, though? I'm surprised.

I've been playing when I fell well enough to. Level 17 now, I like how they redid all the quests so far. I'm glad I didn't have to go through the old Deep sea, vast ocean.
22 Draenei Shaman
Woo, logging out. lvl 8 :) almost died twice due to misjudged falls
what was the reason for secondary professions being cut? a food buff wouldn't be terribly overpowering, compared to say Raising your Mining/bs and crafting an epic.

ps i wouldnt worry about equipping a green, i would worry about drive by 85s buffing you lol

Hasn't happened yet but are drive-by buffs to be clicked off? What about buffs that occur from quest givers or during normal gameplay? I don't see anything in the original Do/don't list regarding spell buffs.
85 Gnome Rogue
Mage _____47
Hunter_____35

Highest Mage: 34
Highest Hunter: 47

Both Jani's
85 Gnome Rogue
Hasn't happened yet but are drive-by buffs to be clicked off? What about buffs that occur from quest givers or during normal gameplay? I don't see anything in the original Do/don't list regarding spell buffs

I believe most players are removing player-given buffs but not quest-given buffs.

I personally don't believe it's a significant enough issue to warrant a rule (our rule list is getting a little bulky so I'm trying to keep it slim now) as those buffs will only last an hour unless you have someone following you around granting them.

If other players feel strongly about it, or any other rule, I encourage them to voice their opinions.

Heals are treated the same way. It's no big deal if another player heals you up, even if they save your life. It happens. So long as you aren't requesting help or getting constant help I'd just smile and thank them.
95 Undead Rogue
Fixed.

Drat. I'm strating to doubt my own competence.

*sigh*
26 Gnome Mage
I came across this little character that is untalented, unguilded, and no deaths so far.

I'm in
01/26/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Selenagnomez
I personally don't believe it's a significant enough issue to warrant a rule (our rule list is getting a little bulky so I'm trying to keep it slim now) as those buffs will only last an hour unless you have someone following you around granting them.

Thanks for the quick reply. That's what I thought as well - the point being not to have a pocket druid following you around tossing on thorns.
85 Gnome Rogue
01/26/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Ironbrit
As I see more people showing leniency towards Ironic for the Elixir, I hereby ask for Leniency for my small transgression also.

"So granted!"

Seriously though, I'm willing to see past a first transgression for these things. We're all human and accidents will happen. It's when we start to see multiples that I'd begin to wonder...
Edited by Selenagnomez on 1/26/2012 12:10 PM PST
25 Human Warlock
As I see more people showing leniency towards Ironic for the Elixir, I hereby ask for Leniency for my small transgression also.

I was questing in Nothern Stranglehorn. I had to go collect Jungle Remedy off the bodies of slain Kurzen. I sent my pet into attack one, and another came after me. I quickly dodged around and sent my pet after it, and we downed both of the mobs fine, but I got hit a few times and was down to about half health. I looted the bodies, and got a Healing Potion. And stupid me, instead of just using one of my plentiful bandages, I immediately clicked it, and then realized that I'd just broken the rules.

I got no advantages from it. I had food and bandages I could have used, but I actually did break the letter of the rules.

I believe that whatever the decision is about Ironic, I should have the same decision.

Cheers.

I See no prob with this at all, just like Ironic's situation.

Ironmikey, lvl 30 Warlock
Wyrmrest Accord(Ally) - /join iron to chat!
56 Blood Elf Mage
The two highest were a lock and hunter. Selena is trying to be humble.
I am most interested in our two shaman's actually, because I intially said shaman's w/o talents would be near impossible.
Any word on them?

~Jani
87 Blood Elf Paladin
I think spirit of the Ironman should have people remove themselves for a transgression. If only because of those that haven't. I'll be starting my char when I get home from work, and if I do something, the character will be deleted immidiately, because that's what the rules say.

What makes this a challenge is the rules, if you don't follow the rules, you lose the challenge. Those that have had a slip shouldn't ask for forgiveness, but rather press on by the code you have sworn to. Erase the character, and chose whether or not to start again. If you don't want to erase your character, feel free to continue on, but please remove yourself for the leader board, for you can only lead by the example you set.
37 Draenei Hunter
01/26/2012 08:56 AMPosted by Pallisade
I hate to be a stickler, but Ironic, the challenge says no secondaries other than First Aid, and you've been fishing :(

I most certainly have not. I did a quest to gather some fish with a net, but I do not have the fishing skill and never have.

edited to remove my unnecessary name-calling.
Edited by Ironic on 1/26/2012 12:23 PM PST
18 Draenei Warrior
***To: Aberzombie***

<--am in the challenge :)
---------------------------

Journal:
after waking to find the ship we were on a total wreak I spent some time getting acclimated to this new planet. Having been forced to fight for others entertainment during our enslavement I was encouraged to serve in Freedom as a warrior. I like it.
I quickly got my hooves under me around the Exodar and the few makeshift towns on the island we crashed into.

I have to explore this new land. In order to see as much of this world as I can I have hooked up with the Alliance forces around the Human center they call Stormwind.
I helped bring in a creature they call "Hogger". He was kind of weak and whinny but I hear he used to really be something, supposedly he gave people nightmares. He may be a shell of what he once was but that shell is in the stockade now.

The Alliance Command asked me to help in Westfall for a time.
such poverty there! I did as much as I could to aid those people while completing my assignments.

I'm now in Redridge, (The land is so beautiful that while staring at it I almost walked right off a towers edge! I'll have to pay attention if I'm going to survive!)

I don't keep a journal well but I'm told the Profit may want a record of my travels here so I'll try to keep some notes. we'll see the next few weeks bring.

(((
I do use self made macro's of the /<spell command> variety. If that is a problem. let me know now so I can start a new guy before I put too much more work into this one.

Also; Somebody mentioned 'Facebook'... Please Don't!
If you move this off the forums to some other social program site then sadly I'm out.
I am a firm believer in the adage; "Friends don't let friends Facebook" or twitter or any other of that sort of thing. It is great, and add-ware safe, here.

FYI: There is a quest in Westfall that requires you to drink an invisibility potion to go into a tower and spy on some NPC. I always turn it down but I thought I'd let you folks know its there.
To Jani and the others who brought this challenge to us, and back to us, Thanks! I'm having a blast :) !
)))
Edited by Zaior on 1/26/2012 12:23 PM PST
85 Draenei Mage
Please don t take it the wrong way because I am not at all trying to stir controversy. I see you are granting leniency...

What happens if someone dies to comcast or power going down or lag etc...will you be lenient? In a real competition you make a mistake and you are out. If you are not going to enforce your own rules because "its the first infraction" then it is not really a challenge but simply a game.

I believe you have strict rules for a reason. I worry that if you start being lenient then the people who will get to 85 without having made mistakes will feel cheated. On the other end I understand you don t want to alienate people and discourage them since permadeather are rare.

Take another example. I had a guild member level 62 in zangarmarsh who was doing the hardcore leveling bit will ALL restrictions. She killed a silver mob by mistake and got an achieve...had to start over from scratch.

Also is the challenge a race to first or will you have a set number of winners per class or race or is it more for a "personal achievement" to have made it to the top and anybody can join at any time?
Edited by Neverdied on 1/26/2012 12:24 PM PST
01/26/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Pallisade
I think spirit of the Ironman should have people remove themselves for a transgression. If only because of those that haven't.

I'm logging in now to drink a minor healing potion so I won't be one of those people that never made a mistake. :P
85 Gnome Rogue
I think spirit of the Ironman should have people remove themselves for a transgression. If only because of those that haven't. I'll be starting my char when I get home from work, and if I do something, the character will be deleted immidiately, because that's what the rules say.

What makes this a challenge is the rules, if you don't follow the rules, you lose the challenge. Those that have had a slip shouldn't ask for forgiveness, but rather press on by the code you have sworn to. Erase the character, and chose whether or not to start again. If you don't want to erase your character, feel free to continue on, but please remove yourself for the leader board, for you can only lead by the example you set.

However contradictory it may seem (having just supported leniency), I think this is an admirable attitude.

I too plan to delete my characters (or retire them) in the event of accidental consumable usage or d/c deaths. I want my statistics page to be pure if/when I hit 85.

I still will support participants who request leniency (perhaps a confusing stance), but I thank you for posting this and I personally will abide by it.
26 Gnome Mage
So no potions or even food that you've looted? Just first aid to recover? What about drinks to restore mana?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]