Why do people hate the Alliance?

85 Goblin Rogue
01/25/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Mordstreich
They seem lame and overused fantasy protagonist thing going on.

Minotaurs, green orcs (ripped from WH), goblins, wood elves, and evil undead are also overused. That's not necessarily a good reason.

Especially since Alliance has good werewolves, nature drow, and lawful good tieflings.

Well you don't really get to play stereotypical horde characters in other games though. Nor are they used for POV in other media.
Worgen are cool too.
100 Worgen Hunter

- The Alliance is the "good" side?

Who told you that?

Well the Horde isn't the Good Side thus the Alliance are the Good Side by Default.
I love the allies....

....and I love my gnome >.<
90 Dwarf Warrior
01/25/2012 07:12 PMPosted by Sardorim
Well the Horde isn't the Good Side thus the Alliance are the Good Side by Default.

The Alliance is not "good".

We're a lighter shade of grey at the most.
85 Worgen Warrior
People are jealous of our manly dwarves and titan like male draeneis
I love the Alliance!

I love them even more after I kill them. :D
85 Tauren Death Knight
Humans in WoW are bloody unbearable. Dwarves are self-righteous. Night Elves are pompous. Draenei are laughable. Worgen are just stupid.

Gnomes, however, I will accept. We always need balls for punting.
90 Undead Rogue
I hate how the Worgen terrorists forcefully infected Gilneas civilians with their curse for their own crazy scorched earth policy against the Forsaken. To think of all those people that will never know what its like to reach the pinnacle of consciousness that I've reached under the Dark Lady's tutelage is just sickening. I personally can't wait for the day when every last one of the of those werewolf murderers has to answer to Forsaken justice.
60 Orc Warrior
i hate the alliance because humans are weak as a species. Orcs are all willing to fight for the horde, from the warchief to the bread vendor. the humans have a few heroes and their army, but their regular citizens are lacking in the amount of spirit it would take for me to not want to spit on them.

night elves, you rock, same with dwarves. the other alliance races might as well not even exist, so who cares.
90 Dwarf Warrior
01/25/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Lenzilla
Dwarves are self-righteous.

What, how? More careless and intrusive, but self-righteous is more of a trait I would expect to be attributed to humans.

01/25/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Lenzilla
Draenei are laughable.

Also, why? I think they're an interesting concept for a race, and I feel that they fit the Alliance quite well. Besides Blizzard being horrible in depicting their interactions/contributions within the Alliance, I don't see what's wrong with the race itself...
90 Dwarf Warrior
01/25/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Mordstreich
lawful good tieflings.

I think those are just called celestials at this point?
90 Tauren Druid
01/25/2012 07:17 PMPosted by Catriya

The Alliance is not "good".

We're a lighter shade of grey at the most.

The Alliance is also made up of traditional good-guy High Fantasy races: humans, dwarfs, elves, and shortfolk. The Horde? Orcs, ghouls, minotaurs, and trolls - traditional bad-guy races. WoW morality might be blue-orange (or should I say blue-red?) but there might be some imported perception bias.

And judging from WAR and TOR, a bias against good.
90 Undead Rogue
01/25/2012 07:33 PMPosted by Quard
I think those are just called celestials at this point?

No, tiefling implies (or flat out says) demon or devil heritage. Mindset doesn't change ethnicity.
85 Tauren Paladin
Your King. That is all. But then again, I hate my Warchief.
01/25/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Wyrt
He has good reason to hate the orcs. So does basically every other alliance race. Orcs aren't exactly a lovable group of people.

"Bwahaahahah! My father was killed and city was burned by a possessed Half-orc. I spent months in the Arenas!"
EDIT: In comparison to Thrall's "Bwahahahaa! My people were reduced to a lethargic, apathetic race. I have spent my entire childhood fighting in the Arenas for a deranged lieutenant using me to eventually conquer Lordaeron. My surrogate sister was beheaded and her head thrown to me."
I think the reason why Thrall doesn't hate humans is because he's seen the good side of humanity, through four people. Varian, however, hasn't seen the good side of Orcs. Also, I don't mind hatred but when it's to a "LEEROY JENKINS RUSH THRALL!" degree, then it is a problem.
The Alliance is also made up of traditional good-guy High Fantasy races: humans, dwarfs, elves, and shortfolk. The Horde? Orcs, ghouls, minotaurs, and trolls - traditional bad-guy races. WoW morality might be blue-orange (or should I say blue-red?) but there might be some imported perception bias.

Also Dark Elves. Blood Elves are quite corrupt.
Edited by Spacemuffin on 1/25/2012 7:44 PM PST
100 Draenei Paladin
01/25/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Divinora
We, on the other hand, have all the pretty races, the pretty cities, we have no internal conflicts and are at peace with one another.

I'm sure there are conflicts, but nothing near what the Horde has, it's nearly in a state of civil war.

We are truly what our name implies, an Alliance.

OP:

Most people who hate on the Alliance are just your standard forum idiots following the crowd of "Horde is so cool, Blizzard loves us more, Alliance is for babies!!" stupidity. Some people genuinely feel faction rivalry and despise the opposite faction.

Who cares? Play what you like, enjoy your faction.

Glory to the Alliance!!
Edited by Cadenbrie on 1/25/2012 7:36 PM PST
90 Dwarf Warrior

From the outside they may appear good, but their actions are hardly righteous.

The thing is, the Horde are far from evil in my opinion; and which is why I dislike them so much. They may be brutal and ruthless, but they don't go around eating babies and they're hardly depicted as a major threat to Azeroth (unlike, say, Deathwing or Arthas were). In fact, many times they're displayed as the victims (Turajo being a prime example) while the Alliance is depicted as unreasonable bigots. But then they go right along and pull some stunt against the Alliance which makes them seem sort of evil in a way.

Honestly, from an outside perspective, there is a "good" side and an "evil" side. But once you get into the game's story, you can see they're both dirty and corrupt in their own ways.

01/25/2012 07:34 PMPosted by Kasselin
And judging from WAR and TOR, a bias against good.

Yeah, it's always been a sort of annoyance for me that it's sort of the "cool/popular" thing to play as a bad or misunderstood character and playing a character that appears somewhat noble or righteous is frowned upon for some reason. But whatever toots your own horn, I guess.
85 Human Warrior
When I went and bought the BC expac back in the day, the clerk asked what faction, when I responded, he was like "nooooooo, you have to play horde dood". I've tried, believe me I have, but the lore just doesn't cut it for me, but I don't think all horde hate the alliance though, if that were the case I wouldn't have gone out of my way to rescue alliance players that overpulled.
85 Tauren Paladin
01/25/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Catriya
In fact, many times they're displayed as the victims (Turajo being a prime example) while the Alliance is depicted as unreasonable bigots. But then they go right along and pull some stunt against the Alliance which makes them seem sort of evil in a way.

During the entirety of Cataclysm (Except Taurajo), the Alliance has been hit with the "Victim" bat while the Horde has been on the receiving end of the "Morally-bankrupt" bat.
01/25/2012 07:43 PMPosted by Catriya
Yeah, it's always been a sort of annoyance for me that it's sort of the "cool/popular" thing to play as a bad or misunderstood character and playing a character that appears somewhat noble or righteous is frowned upon for some reason. But whatever toots your own horn, I guess.

You can be misunderstood and noble. Like the Horde. Well most of the time.
Edited by Spacemuffin on 1/25/2012 7:47 PM PST
90 Undead Rogue
Seriously, why? Is there:
- Not "cool" enough races?
- The Alliance is the "good" side?
- Lame capitol cities?
- Not enough player base?
- Too many Drunk Drake Driving charges late night in Stormwind?

Anyhow, I'd really like to hear the public's opinion.

Salrius

Personally I just don't like the player base that I've come across on alliance, I have a lvl 70 rogue, (human) and I can't stand almost any of you lol (no offense) it's either,

A. you're way uptight
B. you're whiny
C. you're jerks, and i've come across many a few of you who think you're hot **** when in fact are doing it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wrong.... I can say the same for horde as well I suppose...but not nearly in the numbers I've seen in my alliance endeavors....
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]