Enhancement Shaman

90 Draenei Shaman
My biggest complaint about the class is that scales incredibly poorly with raid buffs, since haste and crit are so useless. WTB mastery raid buff plz.

You want to BUFF Mastery?
Our Mastery is already absurd.
Instead of buffing Mastery, they should make Haste and Crit more appealing.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
I think shaman need a main hand atk to use asside from lava lash, that also benefits 2hd'ers if you want to go back to 2h shamanian. And Shaman need a finisher for pvp or move the stun to shaman and drop it off the wolves. Also for the main hand atk i think it should do dmg based on what weapon enhancer your useing, same for lava lash, make them do dmg based on the weapon enhance type.

Main hand, Elemental Strike.

Windfury does nature dmg
Flame does fire
frost does frost
Rockbiter could stun but increases the cooldown on the main hand or lash.
Earthliving could provide a shield for yourself.

Rename Lava Lash to something that deals with nature too. maybe Back Lash... not really nature like but sounds cool.

rockbiter for lash would root or snare them.
Reply Quote
01/27/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Mootcraw
Enhancement shamans were some of the top DPS during ICC.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
What are you guys talking about? I rolled this toon a couple weeks ago and just hit 85 six nights ago and usually top the dps chart in the hour of twilight dungeons I've been running. Granted it's usually 30%+ damage from fire nova.

...I love my fire nova.

Enhancement shamans rock from this single weeks experience alone.
Reply Quote
01/27/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Mootcraw

Laughing at your own ignorance?

Yeah, sure, enhancement was OP during ICC. That must be why they buffed enhancement's haste by 5% (back when haste was our best stat) due to complaints about enhancement being in the garbage except on a few gimmick fights.
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
I actually happened to see the memo on this when I was visiting Blizzard HQ. It's not that they hate enhancement shaman, its that they hate you. Please be sure to continue playing only your enhancement shaman! I do not want their wrath to spread to any other classes such as some of the ones I play.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
enhancement with rock on both has the equivalent of plate and releasing the enchant is a taunt yet they arent a tank class

so basicaly these abilitys are useless so why give them too shammys?

It is a situational ability, being able to perhaps tank as well as a plater dps in case the tank dies and needs brezzed.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
enhancement with rock on both has the equivalent of plate and releasing the enchant is a taunt yet they arent a tank class

so basicaly these abilitys are useless so why give them too shammys?

It is a situational ability, being able to perhaps tank as well as a plater dps in case the tank dies and needs brezzed.

Cause they gave us sooo much kiting ability and standing right next to the boss doesn't mean I'll go splat. Making it so I'm next to die instead of whoever had second on threat.

Sorry, but if that is truly the case, Blizzard didn't follow through at all and just left it in unfinished. I think they felt they needed an earth imbue, and then just left it cause they suck like that sometimes.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
If it makes you feel any better, Enchance shaman are nearly the only melee class who can destroy blood dks
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
01/27/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Novalas
My biggest complaint about the class is that scales incredibly poorly with raid buffs, since haste and crit are so useless. WTB mastery raid buff plz.

You want to BUFF Mastery?
Our Mastery is already absurd.
Instead of buffing Mastery, they should make Haste and Crit more appealing.

Or either!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage

Enhancement Shaman also have the highest hit requirement (hit+expertise combined) to be hit capped, which is kinda lame because I don't have any wiggle room in terms of reforging, which sucks.

I have been thinking that Blizz could add to the enhancement passive mastery that they would recieve double their hit gained from gear. So instead of running 17% for the spell hit they couls run with approx. 8.5%hit which is close to normal melee. That alone gives Blizz plenty of room to then give better attention to the secondary stats and what they do for enhance.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
01/27/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Mootcraw

Laughing at your own ignorance?

Laughing at yours.

Enhancement was decent on stand-still fights, especially at the start of the tier - Saurfang, Rotface, Festergut - but that was about it.

As everyone geared up, Enhancement fell pretty far back. Any movement destroyed our dps output. Sucked at movement, sucked at AoE, sucked at survivability.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Okay, im going to sort this out: First of all, Shamans have aggro abilities because during Vanill and BC they were effective trash and off-tanks.

Second: You are not that bad. Sure, you need some help with balancing, but if any of you played during original, you would know just how OP shamans, especially Enhancement, were.

and the last part, and this is just my opinion, Shamans complain the more than ANY other class. If anything, its paladins who should be complaining right now, with the upcoming buff, then easily forseable nerf, in MOP. Thus continuing the cycle of hatred that has existed from Vanilla.

Honestly, whatever class is capable of pissing off a Community Manager to the point of having him troll you back and get fired should just quiet down for a few expansions :D
Reply Quote
they didnt even add a fist weapon to dragon soul,

what more proof do you need they either completely ignored or forgot about shamans.

lol, oh my bad, they added one to the heroic 5m hour of twilight.

enh shaman and fist weapons are a perfect match. the idea they would completely omit them from the lastest raids is pretty pathetic.

but if any of you played during original, you would know just how OP shamans, especially Enhancement, were.

"WERE", in vanilla? lol. how long ago was that?

if enhance shaman is still being punished due to performance and balance problems from 7 years ago, i would have to argue thats totally irrational. possible, but irrational.

what it really means is that theyve been out right ignored.
Edited by Torcano on 1/27/2012 11:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Enhancement is in the best place it probably has ever been in..right now.

We're very competitive on most all fights in DS currently. The only fight we're probably being benched for specifically may be Spine of Deathwing. It's not that we're terrible, but we can't consistently match the burst output of a sub rogue or arcane mage.

Are there things that could be fixed? Sure, like giving us a DPS cd and/or fixing Spirit Wolves - or increasing the value of Crit OR haste. However, the expansion at this point is pretty much a in the past. Only expect any sweeping changes come MoP.

Seriously, though..we're doing great right now.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Totems were great in classic. Specifically Tremor Totem, which made fights with fear much easier to handle.

Unleashed Rage was one of the best buffs for non-casters for all of BC. Totems were still amazing, specifically Grace of Air, which buffed hunters and rogues, some of the best DPS at the time.

Enhancement shamans were some of the top DPS during ICC.

Every class is subpar compared to casters and rogues in Casterclysm.

Enhancement was NOT anywhere near top DPS in ICC. The ONLY fight we were competitive on was Saurfang. It needed to last 6 minutes or so too to get a couple of spirit wolve cooldowns in as well. Anything that required movement in ICC Enhancement fell significantly.

When the 4.0 patch hit and all the melee got nerfed to the ground with the changes Enhance was there with them. Most top enhancers lost between 2-3k DPS and never got compensated for it like Warriors and Rets did.

Reply Quote
@yaycookies,

how is enhancement in pvp?

when you compare other top dps'ers in terms of the transition from pve to pvp, something gets completely lost. mages, rogues, hunters, all great damage dealers, enhance sham, another great damage dealer.

but how often are you seeing enhance sham in pvp?

to me, thats half of the game. in other words, the return on investment from playing an enhance shaman, is half that of it peers. and it basically means that we are being let down simply because of the class that interests us.
Edited by Torcano on 1/28/2012 12:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
But hey, at least we look awesome doing it.

<-- Case in point

Also I agree with the OP we need better Dcds. Sham rage a buff to 70% from 30. The glyph clears debuffs like Iceblock and cloak does. And stone Claw glyph needs a 100% buff from roughly 15k to about 30k.. A small buff to Earthen power and we would be set.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]