Lor'themar's story?

90 Pandaren Warrior
I'm not one to complain, but this really concerns me.

The Sin'dorei are without a doubt my favorite race in this game. And it really makes me sad that our race and especially our leader, hasn't had any major lore updates since the end of BC.

I mean, really? The story is set just before Wrath of the Lich King, and every other story is set just before or during the Cataclysm.

Please Blizzard, this is entirely racist. We Blood Elves deserve some love too :( I appreciate that the story was a little different from the original, but c'mon, it's still 2 years old and not-current lore compared with everyone else's.

Is it that hard to ask for every race to be traded equally? Would it be that much work to make a little story showing Lor'themar's ascension to the kingship or something (Yes, I know he insists he won't, but he should; Quel'thalas needs a king), and what happened to all the lore with the Sunwell?

Again, I beg you, update our lore. I've been waiting months for this, and all I've gotten is disappointment.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
The Lor'themar story is really old.

It was the winner of a fan-fic contest a while ago.

It's really good.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/28/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Swiftstomp
We Blood Elves deserve some love too

False.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Oh i hear you OP, I hear you loud and clear.

I was so disappointed, when I found out, that story was.....the same one...that's years old. >_<

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3967848373

Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I've read that, after I posted mine, and I really agree. Every faction leader but ours has a unique model and unique gear (Velen, Tyrande, everybody).

I mean, for the love of God, update him. He's supposed to be missing an eye and all of his gear is cloth or leather that was tweaked a little :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Swiftstomp I'm with you while the story truly is amazing, it is nowhere near enough. It truly is quite old and we as Blood Elves need a story updated to Cataclysm. (I also hope the Draenei story will be up to date)
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
What story is there left to tell? You aren't the High Elves who have many great stories left to tell. All you had was "We Joined the Horde, are Evil, and for a awhile sucked the life out of an innocent Naaru. Now we just leave the Orcs and Forsaken to do anything important while we brush our hair.".
Edited by Sardorim on 1/28/2012 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I've read that, after I posted mine, and I really agree. Every faction leader but ours has a unique model and unique gear (Velen, Tyrande, everybody).

I mean, for the love of God, update him. He's supposed to be missing an eye and all of his gear is cloth or leather that was tweaked a little :(

Oh i know. I know....

http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/media/artwork/wow-leader/lorthemar-theron-full.jpg

I mean this new art is a real treat, but he needs to match this in game....even just a little.

Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
We Blood Elves deserve some love too

False.
They do. Well, for current lore anyway, it seems really lazy to keep the leaders and lore of the Blood elves and Draenei stuck in 2007.
Edited by Cutanaga on 1/28/2012 1:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior

Oh i know. I know....

http://us.media.blizzard.com/wow/media/artwork/wow-leader/lorthemar-theron-full.jpg

I mean this new art is a real treat, but he needs to match this in game....even just a little.

I agree completely, that art is super awesome. I'd be extremely happy if they even just gave him a scar and made him look like, well, how he's supposed to (They can make Spine and Madness of Deathwing THAT detailed, but they can't give a guy a scar over his left eye).
Reply Quote
They do. Well, for current lore anyway, it seems really lazy to keep the leaders and lore of the Blood elves and Draenei stuck in 2007.

I'm fine with the Draenei getting lore. I just don't want them to encourage people to make more BEs. There are too many already. And yes, I do know I'm a bit of a hypocrite on that subject.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
01/28/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Sardorim
What story is there left to tell? You aren't the High Elves who have many great stories left to tell. All you had was "We Joined the Horde, are Evil, and for a awhile sucked the life out of an innocent Naaru. Now we just leave the Orcs and Forsaken to do anything important while we brush our hair.".

Something called moving forward, into new things.

And high elves are just even more stuck up blood elves. I know you're obsessed with them, but they're the same people. The only difference is they're not playable, and because of that, it's much more important to move forward with races that you can actually play.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
01/28/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Karat

I'm fine with the Draenei getting lore. I just don't want them to encourage people to make more BEs. There are too many already. And yes, I do know I'm a bit of a hypocrite on that subject.

If that's the case they should stop making human lore, but there's more human lore than everything else combined : /
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter

That's still not a reason to leave the lore, and starting area in 2007. People will play the races that they want to play no matter what. However, leaving two races in lore limbo for 2 whole expansions, is just bad storytelling.

Reply Quote
01/28/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Springrunner
If that's the case they should stop making human lore, but there's more human lore than everything else combined : /

Well, I don't play Alliance anymore, and I didn't find humans as annoying as male BEs even when I did. It's purely selfish reasoning on my part.

If you want to look at it from an abstract perspective, then I think it'd be good to update all of the races at once (or in the same expansion, at least). If they do that, then it'd be significantly less work to keep all of them relatively up to date without breaking continuity.

01/28/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Tharvon
That's still not a reason to leave the lore, and starting area in 2007. People will play the races that they want to play no matter what. However, leaving two races in lore limbo for 2 whole expansions, is just bad storytelling.

People will play the races they want to play, but having current lore would likely make more people want to play them, or make them want to play them more if they already do play them.
Edited by Karat on 1/28/2012 1:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
01/28/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Springrunner

Quick question... How'd you obtain those furious offpieces? Kept them from Wrath?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight

"I don't like story development because people would play my race in the game and that wouldn't make me special ;)"
MFW-> http://memedepot.com/uploads/1000/1148_1253230725640.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter

People will play the races they want to play, but having current lore would likely make more people want to play them, or make them want to play them more if they already do play them.

That is still no reason to skip out on the lore. Good storytelling id important for all the races of the game, and leaving 2 of them out cold, is not going to make WOW's lore look good in the long run.It will affect the whole horde, and make the over arching story look disjointed and badly pieced together.

If you don't want more blood elves, then race change or just stop rolling them, that decision is yours to make for yourself, not to make for other players.

Edited by Tharvon on 1/28/2012 1:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I think BC gave the blood elves plenty of exposure.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
01/28/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Lightning

Quick question... How'd you obtain those furious offpieces? Kept them from Wrath?

Yes, dunno if they're still aviable in some way.

01/28/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Lightwrath
I think BC gave the blood elves plenty of exposure.

This is like saying "Why do you want to eat today? You ate much more than normal at the party yesterday."

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]