Tanks

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Are you a decently geared, experienced and non retarded raid tank?

Do you enjoy progression raiding, but don't feel like your guild is progressing?

Are you interested in joining the #1 guild on the server?

If you know how to play your class, know the fights, and have experience raiding (8/8 N Minimum), and are interested in raiding with us get in touch with me we are looking to add a 2nd tank to our active roster.
Edited by Kazurmoo on 1/26/2012 2:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
On this server, that whole 8/8N thing is a bit of a longshot to start. I'd place a bet at...what, maybe 16-20 candidates? Possibly in the upper 20s if you include alliance that may or may not be willing to faction transfer. And then you've gotta consider that next to no one reads these forums anymore.

Then you've gotta figure in the fact that at least of the guilds I've seen, very few of them have enough members to even raid on a stable schedule. Those lucky ones that do aren't having people leave them easily (mostly because they've got no backups - it's a core, and that's it, period).

I wish you guys the best of luck, but I'm willing to put fair money on it that unless you recruit off-server and somehow convince someone to come to this hellhole, it's not happening.

//but what do I know, I'm just a lowly plebeian, right?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/26/2012 04:51 PMPosted by Xylaria
On this server, that whole 8/8N thing is a bit of a longshot to start. I'd place a bet at...what, maybe 16-20 candidates? Possibly in the upper 20s if you include alliance that may or may not be willing to faction transfer. And then you've gotta consider that next to no one reads these forums anymore.

10 tops. 8/8 experience and knows their class. Plenty of alliance are willing to faction transfer... Ask Reign.

Then you've gotta figure in the fact that at least of the guilds I've seen, very few of them have enough members to even raid on a stable schedule. Those lucky ones that do aren't having people leave them easily (mostly because they've got no backups - it's a core, and that's it, period).

This is kind of the point of posting it here. How many of those 10 are limited by shotty schedules or 1-2 bad kids holding their raid back. How many of them are tired of it?

I wish you guys the best of luck, but I'm willing to put fair money on it that unless you recruit off-server and somehow convince someone to come to this hellhole, it's not happening.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3961296116?page=1

This is just a formality. Maybe we'd get lucky and save ourselves the trouble. You'd be shocked how willing people are to transfer to !@#$ty servers to join a 5/8 (Soon to be 6/8) HM guild. It's almost like they'd only bring one toon and be happy with the progression. I don't know of a single 3DB member that only has characters on this server.

//but what do I know, I'm just a lowly plebeian, right?

^ That. But at least you know it!
Edited by Kazurmoo on 1/26/2012 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
Honestly, I'm at the point now that I'm almost willing to dump severe amounts of gold just for the 8/8 to be able to get into a decent prog group. It's the reason I'm looking at leaving server now - this place is a !@#$hole and I need somewhere with at least semi-reliable people to work with. Sort of digressing from the thread, though.

I'm glad at least a couple guilds are moving along well with progression though. For you guys to get as far as you have on this server with essentially no support outside of your own guild is a damned miracle. I'm ashamed to say I don't have the kind of organizational moxie or prowess to do the same. (But anyone that'd let me try and actively lead a group is a moron anyway, I'm too much of a jerk, even if I know my stuff.)

I sort of see what you mean about people willing to transfer just for the progression though. It looks like we're by far not the only server with people having trouble getting their heads out of the clouds and actually pushing for a challenge. I just wish we could offer them something more than just a couple nights a week of hardmode prog. (Like, for instance, an economy where you could actually buy stuff you need for said prog instead of having to spend hours farming/having your guildies farm for you.)

I really need to stop ranting about this place though. I'm getting out of here soon one way or another.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Stay tuned for more on that front. When I get our progression raid sorted out, I'll be forming a 2nd raid (Our old alt raid) for weekends only. Probably a 1 day thing, but I will have to find a couple of people for it.
Reply Quote
Now that I might be interested in. Even if I transfer off-server I've got a couple of alts rotting right now. (And by rotting I mean top-healing LFRs because what else do alts do, right?) Anyway, depending on what I leave, might be interested. Keep us informed.

Edit: I accidentally a word here and there.
Edited by Xylaria on 1/26/2012 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Hedo
LOLOLOL FUNNY GUY, GOOD LUCK FINDING A TANK !@#$%.

Oh Hedo, I'm gonna miss laughing at you.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
01/26/2012 05:13 PMPosted by Xylaria
I'm getting out of here soon one way or another.

Hopefully en masse, which I'm sad to actually say. I've been here on Velen since the night it's doors opened, never thought I'd be so eager to man the lifeboats. I'm just so tired of having half a raid log in and knowing there's absolutely nothing I can do to fill those seats for you guys. :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
01/26/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Kazurmoo
... Ask Reign.

I lol'd
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
01/26/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Hedo
Oh Hedo, I'm gonna miss laughing at you.

I am used to having people laugh at me by now. Sad part is, I thinks they are laughing wit me.

Miss me? You leaving the server? Good luck finding a decent guild, as a scrub with hardly any raiding experience. While your (you're) gone ill still be repping as No. 1 Pally on Velen.

PEDO = VELEN'S NUMBA 1 CHALLENGER... WATCH YER MOUF, BOI. B4 I "SCRUB" IT OUT WIT SOAP.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Hey guys believe it or not this is a recruitment thread. We dont need a bunch of jealous fanboys pulling us off topic. ty
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/26/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Hedo
LOLOLOL FUNNY GUY, GOOD LUCK FINDING A TANK !@#$%.

Damn Hedo, hit me where it hurts.

Oh wait, we actually kill bosses. So recruiting a tank more progressed than the rest of the server took me 2 days. The fact that he rivals my gear is just a bonus!

But thanks for your concern.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
01/28/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Trends
While your gone ill still be repping as No. 1 Pally on Velen.

Being the best retard is such an achievement.

I lol'd a bit there. +1. now back to your own server meat.
Reply Quote
Lol #1 PvE guild on the server, and you still suck. Velen is a !@#$ head realm and the fact that you gained 3 retards that are average at best isn't worth bragging about. Just goes to show how big of douche bags people are. You still suck compared to the rest of the "GREAT PVE GUILDS". Go do something that holds some weight and then maybe you will be able to at least talk some %^-*. That goes for all those in Three Day Ban and everyone else who is trying to ride their *@*#.

Hedo #1 Paladin on Velen
Reply Quote
1 Human Paladin
Lol #1 PvE guild on the server, and you still suck. Velen is a !@#$ head realm and the fact that you gained 3 retards that are average at best isn't worth bragging about. Just goes to show how big of douche bags people are. You still suck compared to the rest of the "GREAT PVE GUILDS". Go do something that holds some weight and then maybe you will be able to at least talk some %^-*. That goes for all those in Three Day Ban and everyone else who is trying to ride their *@*#.

Hedo #1 Paladin on Velen

You mad Bro?
Reply Quote
If it appears like I'm mad, I'm not. Them leaving has no effect on me and I say good riddance. I'm just saying it's pretty funny that they pull out the cocks for a contest and they're boasting the biggest when we all know they aren't packing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]