The Days When WoW Was Fun...

85 Undead Warrior
I don't know if anyone may remember me from the days of WoW classic, but I was a human warrior named Dralkan. Firetree was the very first server I played on, and was really what made the game awesome for me. Those were the days when the server was always packed with people playing, and raids were 40 players, and the game was clunky and not streamlined at all.

I was a member of <A F F I N I T Y> until it became <Dark Aegis>. I remember racing for #1 on alliance with Chosen (who inevitably won). I remember questing and seeing the warrior "Unreal" and !@#$ting my pants and running the other direction. Seeing the first thunderfury, which I believe was on horde side, and <Dark Aegis> had some alliance with them to help get them mats to craft it, and people hated us for it. (i think it was the guild before <Cake> that was made up of a lot of now <Cake> members).

Some of the best moments in WoW for me were on this server. Painstakingly farming with the entire 39 other members of my guild for the legendary bug mount to try and beat chosen. The opening of the AQ gates where us and <Cake> controlled the platform where the gong was, not allowing any horde or alliance to stir %^-* up.

Just thought I'd mention how great this server once was for me, and see if anyone remembers me, or if anyone is still around from those days. Cheers!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
TL;DR

On a side note your Transmog gear is not /fa/.

Please work on it.

Love the community of Tumblr.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We never did find out what color her panties were, did we?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
TL;DR

On a side note your Transmog gear is not /fa/.

Please work on it.

Love the community of Tumblr.

cool post...

DA or Affinity were never in a race with Chosen. At best they were fighting for 5th behind Chinerinyes, Cynical, and Displaced. I'm also reasonably sure that both Priceless and Veneratios out progressed Valorax's guilds. At least up until BWL, AQ/Naxx saw a different shift, which iirc was due to Valorax and Twila running off and getting married in Second Life, or wherever they ended up at. I remember accepting your application into Displaced when DA/Affinity folded Dralken, which was shortly after the gate opening.

Best DA/Affinity memory was dealing with a pissed off Twila because Tonavin used MC general to name every Pokemon, thereby causing some of your lesser players to miss the bomb call, and wipe the raid. Ahhh memories...

i'm fairly certain in the days of MC and BWL Chosen and DA were the top alli guilds. I say race because from the perspective of a DA member it was competition for us, even though chosen had the lead. I could be wrong though since back then not a lot of information was out there whereas now oyu have sites like wowprogress to track that information, it was more word of mouth back then.

Either way I do remember erinynes as well lol ( no one could ever pronounce their name.) pretty sure I was in it for a while too. And Fantasylady just !@#$ing dominating the server's economy lol. good %^-*.

I remember being in displaced, I think that was the guild with Twoinpunishr, but it may have been erinynes. Either way I !@#$ing hated that guy so much.

edit/ holy !@#$ i recall that exact instance with the pokemon thing. she had all the tight %^- suck ups in our guild trying to get people to shut up in trade chat so we could focus lmfao. That guild was like being in north korea i swear.
Edited by Initiate on 1/28/2012 6:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
01/28/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Baconn
We never did find out what color her panties were, did we?

haha wow baconn, i used to get into so many arguments with you otuside of ironforge from dueling trololol
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I can't recall who killed Nef after chosen, it was either us TLS or affinity, we all killed it within 2 weeks or so.

I do recall another reform after DA, can't remember the name.

After Dupont quit, Displaced went to !@#$. %^-* that noise.
Reply Quote
14 Undead Warrior
Baconn you def need to get a !@#$% helm to match Agro.
Reply Quote
60 Human Paladin
Sup dralkan. First TF was Vals. 2nd ally Nef was ours. And wow is still fun when you're as lucky as me and play with some old DA pple.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
DA lost any credibility of so called "race" after they gave a hunter Thunderfury.
Edited by Ganol on 2/7/2012 7:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Dark Aegis. lol.

-D. Rock
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]