Guild suggestion : Allow offline invites.

90 Human Paladin
I know the guild areas are mainly ment for social activities, but I have a really hard time getting my alts invited to my own guild. Could we please adjust the system so that you can accept a guild request from someone offline? It would make getting my own alts into my own guild 10000x better.

Thank you.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
This is the main reason why I have a secondary account, this way if ppl are not online in my guild, I can log onto my other account and pass a guild invite to my alts on my 'main' account. Makes things easier for me so my alts do not get snatched up by other guilds. And yes it does makes things 10Kx better lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
not everyone can afford to pay for 2 accounts just to be able to guild their alts.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
I for one agree with this!!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
This also ties in with another issue that has been irking me with the LFGuild interface. While I have had some success using the tool, I find that I have to play a horrible game of "phone tag" to actually invite anyone using the system. Offline invites would solve this problem as well as inviting your own alts.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
01/29/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Masakari
This also ties in with another issue that has been irking me with the LFGuild interface. While I have had some success using the tool, I find that I have to play a horrible game of "phone tag" to actually invite anyone using the system. Offline invites would solve this problem as well as inviting your own alts.

I TOTALLY agree with this problem of the LFGuild system. I have to send people mail, add them to my friends list and even then sometimes we just don't get online at the same time to invite.

G
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Priest
Very very very much agree with this! Its worse than phone tag.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
HOLY SMOKES YES!

I've been wanting to post about this for awhile now!

Personally I feel like when I look at the list of people requesting to join I should be able to right click and choose from the list of: Message, Invite (to guild), Accept application, and Decline. The only one that would be added is the Accept. This would then allow the applicant to log on and check all the guilds they were Accepted to and then click 'join guild' to the one of their choice. This could then remove them from the list of the other guilds as applicants.

Phone Tag is a brilliant way to explain it! Often I almost feel like a stalker having to send them mail, friend them and then trying to catch online to invite them to the guild.

In my experience most people have an 'initiate' rank where they can't do any damage to the guild so I don't see how this could be a problem in that aspect.

So yet PLEASE! implement this!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes! this would be amazing to have implemented!

Our guild has always has a high number of LFGuild requests and I would say maybe 1 per month gets added in because we just happen to catch them online eventually between the moment they signed up and before the 30 day time limit wears out.

It is horrible playing phone tag with the people using LFGuild; And some of our guildies use it as a means to get their alts in the guild (even though we say just whisper an officer) but don't understand that we can't invite them when they aren't online on that char, so it makes them think that we don't want their alt in the guild (Silly, I know, but it's happened twice now)

I've added people from LFGuild to my friends list but I've reached the max twice so I have since stopped doing this as I'd prefer not to remove my actual friends. (and with the implementation of battle tags - my list is getting even larger.

Maybe even an "I'm online now" notification or something would be good as well so I don't have to do a /who on many names in the list various times a day.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I disagree with this. There are so many guilds being utilized by auction house moguls, not only for the storage, but for the extra stream of income by having people in the guild leveling by the 10% gold to guild bank bonus. On my server there are a few of these people who invite EVERYONE without a guild as soon as they log on somewhere in the world (I imagine it is some type of addon). If I was a player that wanted to go solo, I would be extremely infuriated by this....to log on and have 40 invites in my inbox.

If Blizzard wanted to look at adding this option, maybe make it a "must check this box to receive them offline", or allow the ability for someone to send offline invites only to characters on their WoW account. I just see the strong potential for abuse from guilds only interested in having large membership bases or wanting the free gold.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/12/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Pyruvate
I just see the strong potential for abuse from guilds only interested in having large membership bases or wanting the free gold

This is pretty easily avoided if you have to log into the game to see and accept. The only way that it could be abused is if the people who got the invite sent to them accepted. The point would be to have the capability to EXTEND invites to others while they are offline, not add them to the guild. Then they could get on and accept or decline, just like when you invite someone while they are in-game.

And I completely agree with the phone tag thing. I'm usually on at nights/weekends, and I sometimes get requests from people I never see and it irks me! My guild is small enough, I want to get them in, not leave them hanging when they've expressed some interest (enough to send a request at least), and yet the eventually probably get snatched up by another guild that can see them when they are online. Death to phone tag! Lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well I am already being spammed realid invites from Gold sellers, as much as I can see this might help , I can and do see the potential for abuse.. and I really do not need any more ways for these invite everything guilds to bllind/mass invite

Frankly to me expressing interest by just sending a msg via LFG is not enough effort for me to go after the potential guildie. if they are really intnerested in my guild they will do more than that

That is like me looking for a job and the only thing I do is send out my buisness cards attached to a very basic resume and nothing more... How Many call backs do you think I am gona get? not all that many , not in todays competative market. If a player is truely interested in looking for a guild they will do more than just use the LFGuild feature.
Edited by Ssinfull on 9/12/2012 10:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It should be made so that you don't have to catch them online to send the invites, a lot are alts that are played at random times.

As for it getting abused, if the person didn't want to be invited,they wouldn't send the request. i could see the need to have a updated interface, so when they log back onto that toon, if they applied to a few, and all accepted, they would be able to choose which to accept.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I disagree with this. There are so many guilds being utilized by auction house moguls, not only for the storage, but for the extra stream of income by having people in the guild leveling by the 10% gold to guild bank bonus. On my server there are a few of these people who invite EVERYONE without a guild as soon as they log on somewhere in the world (I imagine it is some type of addon). If I was a player that wanted to go solo, I would be extremely infuriated by this....to log on and have 40 invites in my inbox.

If Blizzard wanted to look at adding this option, maybe make it a "must check this box to receive them offline", or allow the ability for someone to send offline invites only to characters on their WoW account. I just see the strong potential for abuse from guilds only interested in having large membership bases or wanting the free gold.

I think you missed the point... we're talking about Guild Finder not sending guild invites to random players. This way Billy wants to join my guild so he finds us in Guild Finder and sends a request. Instead of having to play 'phone tag' and wait for Billy to get online again to send him the invite that he is requesting... We would like the option to just 'accept' his request and then he can auto-join the next time he comes online if he wants to!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yes please!

I hate when I check the guild info and see a bunch of requests to join but of course everyone is offline!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I think you missed the point... we're talking about Guild Finder not sending guild invites to random players. This way Billy wants to join my guild so he finds us in Guild Finder and sends a request. Instead of having to play 'phone tag' and wait for Billy to get online again to send him the invite that he is requesting... We would like the option to just 'accept' his request and then he can auto-join the next time he comes online if he wants to!

Sorry I understood the point completely and I am still against it because to allow off line invites is not going to differentiate from those that are requested and those that are not.. the programing that will need to be done to do that is likely more than Blizz will want to implement.

So no I do not want this feature.. If a player is really interested in your guild he is going to do more than just send one random request. frankly I want players who show more interest then a passing I would like to joinyour guild kind of thing
Reply Quote
14 Troll Priest
Why wouldn't it be able to differentiate from those requested and those that are not? It's really rather simple (in my head)....

I go look up a guild in guild finder (which still needs a search option or ability to sort alphabetically or SOMETHING!) and I "apply" to 5 ... no 10 since that's the max at once *unless they changed it*... guilds.

When the person/s who can invite check at the request tab, and click "invite member" (or whatever the button says) if I'm not online it would pop up a box that says "player not found" as it does in chat- it would then have the option to "send mail/offline invite" which is a message that the guild leader has already written in and all the person has to do is click "YES" if they click yes, the invite button is grey for everyone else that can invite- if they click no, it can still be used.

The mail invitation would show in my mail box- there would be a max of 10 of these for me to read through, since 10 requests are all I that can make, and each one can only be used once per guild, per request. The mail would have an "Accept" or "Decline" button. If I decline all 10, I can go look at 10 more guilds. Until I have accepted or declined some to free up my max of 10, I cannot apply to more- thus, no "mail spam".

If I think 3 may be good fits, I can just neither accept or decline (move to the next mail) and decline the other 7, leaving the mail for however many days they have left until the mail vanishes like other mail. I can go request invites from 7 more guilds, but not 10 since I have 3 invites in my box.

*Edited for some clarity I think. Still working on coffee.
Edited by Trollyheals on 9/16/2012 2:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Troll Priest

Frankly to me expressing interest by just sending a msg via LFG is not enough effort for me to go after the potential guildie.

If a player is truely interested in looking for a guild they will do more than just use the LFGuild feature.

I'd normally agree with you- but what about if they are a new player?

Yes, it depends on the type of guild you are, it may not be an issue for your guild, but there are others of us that embrace the new people, and would like to help them if we can.

I also had issues myself with some returning players, in one case they assumed they HAD to use the Guild Finder, and that it was their only way back in (they forgot at the time they could do a /who for us- new babies and a year break will do that to you sometimes). So, even though we wanted them back, I had to add them back to my friends list, and send them mail with instructions just to be sure we could get them back. (They had been removed simply due to inactivity).

I myself was on an alt looking for a guild- I felt I found two that would be matches. I used GF and in a week nothing, I did /who, whispered someone random in guild about it, got "talk to the gl". In one case I had to go so far as armory to find out WHO the GL was! I mailed them- never got an answer at all. I assume I wasn't for them, fine- but how many hoops should one have to jump to get in a social guild IN A GAME!

I ended up finding a guild via an auto invite spam, never thought I'd say that, but I did, and they are my second wow home.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Frankly to me expressing interest by just sending a msg via LFG is not enough effort for me to go after the potential guildie. if they are really intnerested in my guild they will do more than that

That is like me looking for a job and the only thing I do is send out my buisness cards attached to a very basic resume and nothing more... How Many call backs do you think I am gona get? not all that many , not in todays competative market. If a player is truely interested in looking for a guild they will do more than just use the LFGuild feature.

I hear this line time and time again. "Good" guilds talk about how they dont need to recruit and they keep telling other people "good" guilds are out there. I get it that they dont need to recruit, probably cause they dont want to. But how is anyone suppose to know about them if they basically keep to themselfs?

I have known a few great people, really nice, great guilds. The one catch, could only get in if you knew one of them in real life, no matter how "close" you were in game.
So how is one suppose to find out and get into these guilds? Like if you do an old world run with them and get on well, is that enough for them to even let you in? Or more tests?

But I really hate it when people bring real life jobs apps into this, its a flipping game. Its not meant to be "here read over our webbie and fill out this app". I kind of get it why raiding guilds do that, need to know if the people is a good fit for them. But just casual guilds, they are meant to want nice casual people, that whole deal just tells me they are way too serious and not to even bother.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]