Login Screen Stuck on Success

85 Blood Elf Paladin
So, I try to log onto WoW and it connects, but I get stopped on "Success!" as well as "Logging in to game server." Now I probably would not have minded this so much had I not have been able to log onto realms where I have no characters, or one character that's Lv. 2. I've been encountering this problem for about 3 days, and I miss playing on my laptop :(

Please help if you have any advice.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi Salistindan,

Does your WoW Launcher state "World of Warcraft is up to date"? If not, I would allow it to download and apply all the updates till it says so. You also may wish to power cycle your network devices to see if that helps.

Powercycle network devices
    1. Unplug your modem and router (if you have one.)
    2. Let them set for 30-60 seconds.
    3. Plug them back in modem first, then the router.
    4. Test

Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am having this same Problem and what u said isnt working any other ideas ? It also says its up to date.
Reply Quote
64 Worgen Priest
Same issue, usually happens after a patch. I've run repair but that says everything's fine. I'll have to look through past forum postings to see how it was handled before, but here's my connection log, for what it's worth:

4/28 09:29:22.610 Login program=WoW platform=Mac locale=enUS
4/28 09:29:22.610 Component WoW.Mac.15595
4/28 09:29:22.610 Component WoW.base.15595
4/28 09:29:22.610 Component WoW.enUS.15595
4/28 09:29:22.610 Component WoW.enUS.15595
4/28 09:29:22.610 Component Tool.Mac.2736
4/28 09:29:22.615 GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_CONNECTING result: LOGIN_OK
4/28 09:29:22.684 Connecting to 12.129.206.130:1119
4/28 09:29:25.774 GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_FAILED result: LOGIN_FAILED
4/28 09:29:25.775 Disconnected from 12.129.206.130
4/28 09:29:25.779 Client initiated Disconnect from 12.129.206.130
4/28 09:29:25.782 Client initiated Disconnect from 12.129.206.130
4/28 09:29:25.785 GRUNT: state: LOGIN_STATE_FAILED result: LOGIN_FAILED
4/28 09:29:25.785 Login program=WoW platform=Mac locale=enUS
4/28 09:29:25.786 Component WoW.Mac.15595
4/28 09:29:25.786 Component WoW.base.15595
4/28 09:29:25.786 Component WoW.enUS.15595
4/28 09:29:25.786 Component WoW.enUS.15595
4/28 09:29:25.786 Component Tool.Mac.2736
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yea they should really fix this cause its soo stupid we pay but we cant play :/
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
So the launcher states "World of Warcraft is up to date"?

If it does say this, and you've already power-cycled your modem/router; try bypassing all wireless connections and directly connect to the modem with an Ethernet cable. This will help eliminate the wireless aspect of the connection issue.

If that fails, try removing all temp files and letting all non-critical updates and what not apply again.

Reset the temp files (including Data/Cache)
1. Navigate to /Applications/World of Warcraft/
2. Delete the Cache folder.
3. Move Interface and WTF to the Desktop.
4. Then go into the Data folder, and delete the Cache folder in there.
5. Launch the WoW Launcher. Let Non-Critical Updates apply and press Play when you see World of Warcraft is up to date.
Reply Quote
65 Blood Elf Hunter
I have this same problem and none of that has worked. I am on a college dorm wifi network that connects to the internet perfectly but i get stuck at the success screen when trying to log in. My WoW is up to date.
I do not have access to modem or router.
What can i do to fix this?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I have this same problem and none of that has worked. I am on a college dorm wifi network that connects to the internet perfectly but i get stuck at the success screen when trying to log in. My WoW is up to date.
I do not have access to modem or router.
What can i do to fix this?

It may be the background downloader taking up some bandwidth. Have you tried disabling the background downloader?

1. Open the World of Warcraft Launcher
2. Select Options form the system menu bar
3. Select Downloader Preferences
4. Uncheck the option for Download while playing World of Warcraft
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Mage
I did all of those things too.. I even uninstalled wow completely and re downloaded it.. And still having the same problem. Please help... I really want to play by the time the next patch comes out. Soo excited for the next patch!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What happens when you open WoW directly and see if you can login?
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Mage
It goes straight to success. And then I let it sit there to see if it will eventually load, but it never does. And it sends me straight to the realm selection. So I click on a realm, and it just stays stuck at logging in to game server.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Let's see if we can get WoW to force repair itself to make sure it is all up to date.

Can you delete the Updates folder in Users/Shared and run the launcher? This should make WoW reupdate and download some data.
Edited by Machkhan on 9/10/2012 9:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Did this fix the problem? I have tried to reinstall WoW, delete WTF/Interface and cache folders. But it's also just loading on the login screen and then staying on 'Success'. It's updated everything and i have deleted my temp folder ect. But the problem still persists..

I am at a Uni Dorm and i have never had this issue before. Maybe the new patch brought in some new ports or somthing? Can someone please help or suggest anything?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
if i reset my computer it works. only first login though. if i want to relog it decides to stay on Success!!! which is really friggin aggravating. i REALLY have no desire to reset my computer every time i want to log on......
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I have also been having login problems stuck at success screen. Login worked fine before patch. It made it to character sceen once by waiting long time and luck i recon.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Sence the patch 5.0.4 i am having the same problem but if i wait it logs me in but it takes a long time but i also noticed after they do a rolling restart i will log in fast for the first couple times and then it goes back to the long login again before the new patch never had any problems
Edited by Wildtanker on 9/1/2012 6:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
having this problem since the patch update halp
Reply Quote
55 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm in the same boat as everyone here. I did every single thing suggested here and still no such luck! I used to be able to play fine on my laptop until the patch, like most have mentioned.
I'm not sure what else to do but wait... I hope someone or they resolve this issue soon! Someone let me know when they do!
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Mage
Let's see if we can get WoW to force repair itself to make sure it is all up to date.

Can you delete the Updates folder in Users/Shared and run the launcher? This should make WoW reupdate and download soem data.

I tried what you recommended, and even looked at other posts and flushed my dns, and nothing seems to work. I completely downloaded the patch, and tried again, hoping that it would work. But alas, it still didn't work. I haven't played in about three weeks.. this problem really needs to get solved. So, anymore help you could give me would be awesome.
Edited by Aarylynna on 9/10/2012 12:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey Aarylynna,

Can you send me your system information so I can look into this?

Obtaining your System Information and system.log
Snow Leopard (10.6) and older versions of OS X
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Profiler from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Profiler is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location. Make sure the file format is "System Profiler 4.0 (XML)"

Lion (10.7)
    1. Hold the Option Key and choose System Information from the Apple Menu
    2. When the System Information is finished gathering its data, click "File" then "Save As..."
    3. Add your name to the filename, and save it to your desktop for easy location.

Obtaining your system.log
    1. Using Finder, Navigate to /Applications/Utilities and open Console
    2. Click system.log on the left side bar.
    3. On the menu bar, click File, and select Save a Copy As. Make sure the file is saved to the desktop for easy location.

Submitting your system files
    1. Open a new email message, and attach the items as an attachment.
    2. Send the email to macsupport@blizzard.com with the subject as "Attn: TonyM". Make sure you include the Thread title and URL address. This way it gets routed to me so I can take a personal look.

Please note: This method is only used for sending information after files are requested for additional review. This is not to be used a a form of contact, as this box is monitored only when files are requested. No replies are sent from here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]