Please update Lor'themar Theron..in the game.

99 Blood Elf Hunter
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/leader-story/lorthemar-theron/1#readmode

While this story is a wonderful read, and very well written (I can see why the writer won, you guys should give her a book contract, seriously).

It's pre-Wrath....it's at the end of the Burning Crusade....he still has no idea that Deathwing came and went. Or even that Arthas is dead. Or that Garrosh is in charge.

Can we please have a quest? A few lines? Something, anything, to indicate that he's aware of what's going on right now.

SMC is in a time warp, and once MOP comes along it's going to be a lore disaster.

Please Blizzard? Pretty please?

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I thought he was going to get a new story. I was disappointed. It's so hard to get new Blood Elf lore, I was really looking forward to this story and we get this. I hate Lor'themar, give us Kael back :(((
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I'm pretty sure I read that exact story ages ago.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Hunter
01/28/2012 10:20 AMPosted by Yakuchin
I thought he was going to get a new story. I was disappointed. It's so hard to get new Blood Elf lore, I was really looking forward to this story and we get this. I hate Lor'themar, give us Kael back :(((

Believe me...I'm beginning to miss Kael'thas as well.

He never should have went nuts, and we never should have had to kill him.

We need a strong leader, someone who has a bit of fire in the belly, a bit of anger in the eyes.

Heck I'd love it if Grand Magister Rommath, went ballistic, and took over SMC.

We need a King, a ruler, a Warlord....

Edited by Tharvon on 1/28/2012 10:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Hunter
Belfs are everywhere yes, but our own leader has no idea what we are doing out there. He has no clue, nothing...He's acting like it's still BC.

I'm not asking for an entire expansion, just a few quests and perhaps a chance to see Lor'thremar outside of SMC, doing something.... anything.(and the Quel'Delar quest does not count, it's a rare item quest that not everyone can see.)

He needs some action.
Edited by Tharvon on 1/28/2012 10:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
6 posts in this thread, and nobody asked "Who?" yet? Surprising.

Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Hunter
01/28/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Novalas

I know you'd think they'd ask the author, to write an update or something.

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
01/28/2012 10:26 AMPosted by Tharvon

Believe me...I'm beginning to miss Kael'thas as well.

He never should have went nuts, and we never should have had to kill him.

We need a strong leader, someone who has a bit of fire in the belly, a bit of anger in the eyes.

Heck I'd love it if Grand Magister Rommath, went ballistic, and took over SMC.

We need a King, a ruler, a Warlord....

I've always thought Blizzard completely screwed up with Kael'thas. He was the only guy willing to give EVERYTHING for his people. I don't know any racial leader so devoted to his subjects. Of course he made pretty bad choices, following Illidan and all, but he was desperate.. he was seeing everyone go crazy around him because of our addiction.. I bet the pressure must have been crushing him.. I find it terrible that Blizzard discarded him like that in the end and made us kill him. After his death, the Sunwell was restored and we got over our problem.. so what did Kael die for in the end? he could be with us right now, living among s us, being a strong and extremely powerful leader, focused on rebuilding our city, not having to worry about what was destroying us before.. it's just terrible. The Sunstrider bloodline killed.. and Lor'themar just chilling there, doing nothing and cracking hair jokes. C'mon.. I would not mind crazy farfetched lore to bring Kael'thas back. Some crazy naaru reviving him or something because he wasn't so bad or whatever. I don't care. Lor'themar is boring, does nothing and is not fit to lead the Blood Elves. I weep everytime I teleport to Silvermoon, I really do.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/28/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Tharvon

THere are several changes and a small addition to it.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Mage
For once in a long time I feel bad for all the blood elves.

I'm sorry. :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warrior
01/28/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Paluunn
6 posts in this thread, and nobody asked "Who?" yet? Surprising.

I honestly had no idea who this was.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
01/28/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Yakuchin
I've always thought Blizzard completely screwed up with Kael'thas. He was the only guy willing to give EVERYTHING for his people. I don't know any racial leader so devoted to his subjects. Of course he made pretty bad choices, following Illidan and all, but he was desperate.. he was seeing everyone go crazy around him because of our addiction.. I bet the pressure must have been crushing him.. I find it terrible that Blizzard discarded him like that in the end and made us kill him. After his death, the Sunwell was restored and we got over our problem.. so what did Kael die for in the end? he could be with us right now, living among s us, being a strong and extremely powerful leader, focused on rebuilding our city, not having to worry about what was destroying us before.. it's just terrible. The Sunstrider bloodline killed.. and Lor'themar just chilling there, doing nothing and cracking hair jokes. C'mon.. I would not mind crazy farfetched lore to bring Kael'thas back. Some crazy naaru reviving him or something because he wasn't so bad or whatever. I don't care. Lor'themar is boring, does nothing and is not fit to lead the Blood Elves. I weep everytime I teleport to Silvermoon, I really do.

Sometimes trying your best isn't enough. Kael'thas was trying to help his people (at first, at least), but he failed in the end. Results are more important than effort. Lor'themar hasn't done much (at least in game), but he hasn't damned the BEs who follow him either.
Edited by Karat on 1/28/2012 11:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
The BC starter zones should (by should I mean "I'd like to see them") be updated in some way next expansion. Nothing like a major visual over haul but maybe a few new quests or some small revisions to the current ones.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Bob of Silvermoon is just fine.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The fact that they used a story written over 4 years ago disappoints me greatly.
Reply Quote
99 Blood Elf Hunter
01/28/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Layam

THere are several changes and a small addition to it.

It's still pre-wrath. We're in post Wrath, post Cata, pre MOP times now.

It's still a well written story but....he needs another update.

Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/28/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Zathas
The fact that they used a story written over 4 years ago disappoints me greatly.

And it wasn't even Blizzard that wrote it, if I'm understanding correctly.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Priest
Blood elves dont need anymore expacs They had BC and wotlk and Cata.

yes they did. They were everywhere in BC they were everywhere in wotlk and they are everywhere in cata

By that logic, Blizzard should just get rid of humans. They've been in every expansion, they're everywhere inthe RTS, Vanilla, BC, Wrath and Cata, Wrath was heavily human-centric (the main baddie of the xpac was human, argent crusade was a human-created group, Dalaran is crawling with humans, their leader is human... I could go on).

Take a long relaxing bath infused with herbs and spices then die in a fire, good sir Tauren.

And to be fair, OP... Draenei are just as ignored as us, if not more so. I would like to see some changes for the BC races so that they are up to date with the rest of Azeroth.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage

Sometimes trying your best isn't enough. Kael'thas was trying to help his people (at first, at least), but he failed in the end. Results are more important than effort. Lor'themar hasn't done much (at least in game), but he hasn't damned the BEs who follow him either.

I know, that's why I hate what Blizzard did. Kael'thas should've prevailed. Blizzard shouldn't have destined him to such a retarded demise. Making him evil? becoming a subject of Kil'jaeden?... Kael was much better than that, the Kael'thas from W3 wouldn't have been so dumb, even if desperate to help his people. I don't know.. we had such a charismatic leader, he was really beloved and great, an actual prince.. he could've been so much more. I honestly could not believe it when I first came to WoW and found out Kael was dead, killed by players. The guy inspired me to be a mage, dammit!! I luved the Blood Elf campaign more than anything in W3.. I'll never get over this, consider me a Kael'thas widow forever.
Edited by Yakuchin on 1/28/2012 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]