Ironman Challenge IV

71 Draenei Hunter
Dear Shanir;

I am in Arathi Highlands, working for the humans retaking Stromguard. It is so beautiful here with rolling grass covered hills and abundant wildlife. I had a little trouble with a Witherbark Troll headhunter. As we were fighting, his axe bit deep into my leg. The wound is red and weeping and I feel feverish. I bandaged it as you taught me to do, but there is no medical care here at Refuge Pointe, merely a collection of tents with a few merchants and the troops stationed here. I will continue this letter when I feel better.

To Priestess Shanir of the House of Baeari;
Your sister, Ferrufem, was brought to the infirmary in Ironforge near death from an axe wound. She is unconscious, recovering slowly and will be unable to write for some time. I found this letter in her pack, already addressed to you and thought it would ease your mind to hear that she is alive. If you wish to write her, send you letter in care of the Ironforge infirmary.

Nissa Firestone

TLDR: I will be unable to play for a bit. I will catch-up with everyone here when I return. (Level 32)
Edited by Ferrufem on 2/1/2012 4:47 PM PST
85 Gnome Rogue
02/01/2012 04:41 PMPosted by Aguantar
I really don't mean to be argumentative, but I can think of several that are not 100% safe, unless you are higher level. There is one in sw harbor, where there are sharks--that was challenging at low levels. And one in the borean tundra where you kill an animal then jump in the water to create a pool of blood to fish in.

That's a valid observation. I would counter that, in the same way that not all dailies are risk-free and not all AG dailies are risk-free (as Aber pointed out with TFA), the presence of some risk-free dailies within the larger group has forced us to ban all of them (since we can't verify which quests were specifically done).

That said, I am willing to concede that I'm alone in wanting this change. So, I'll drop the issue.
26 Gnome Mage
I've decided to take some pictures of my adventures as I make my way around Azeroth. My little tid-bits of adventure splashed with some nice little pics will hopefully add some spice to daily smorgasbord of quests and shenanigans.

So after having some delightfully fun conversations with some of the Draenei around Stormwind, however difficult it was to translate at times, I found myself wanting to explore the islands around the Exodar. What a crazy place this is! The creatures, the flora, and what's with all the Bloodelves?! Anyhow.... here's a little pic of me safely at Blood Watch after I got a little sea sick on the boat ride from Stormwind.

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r587/Wizspindle/Wiz_1.jpg
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Ironit, level 17 dwarf paladin, died at the hands of Redridge murlocs.
46 Draenei Hunter
02/01/2012 05:12 PMPosted by Kathni
Ironit, level 17 dwarf paladin, died at the hands of Redridge murlocs.

R.I.P. Ironit May your spirit return to us
14 Troll Rogue
So, I'm at level 10 now (no matter what it says by my picture there. I AM level 10!) and you all should be able to check on me and make sure I'm doing right. :D Whenever my proper level updates on this thing anyway. lol

I almost didn't make it though. I got jumped by a raptor right after fighting a scorpid thing and hadn't had a chance to recover my health and energy yet. I managed to kill it, with only 7 health left. Things will hopefully be a little easier now that I have sap though. This is turning out to be pretty fun. I keep getting whispers inviting me to join guilds and it's been fun coming up with different ways to explain why I'm not joining a guild. lol
31 Dwarf Hunter
Ironcunning checking in at level 28, currently questing through Northern STV. =)
20 Undead Rogue
Kamacite has met her untimely demise today. I feel badly, if it were not for my being distracted by the television, she may have fared better.
I will be re-animating her shortly, in the manner befitting an Undead.
Same name and realm.
55 Undead Rogue
,,l,,
36 Night Elf Warrior
Level 29 and still trucking along. Teldrassil and Darkshore entirely completed and finished all but a couple quests in Ashenvale. Skipped the end of the Dartol's rod quest because planting a flag and waiting for a bunch of furblobs to storm you sounds dangerous.

Also, avoid the quest "Too Far Gone" like the plague. Dal Bloodclaw has more health than normal for a named mob his level which wouldn't be so terrible if he didn't also hit like a truck (plus an enrage, plus bloodlust, plus a stacking buff that makes him hit even harder...).

I tried it around 23 or 24 initially and had to shadowmeld and run for my life. Came back to give it another shot at 28 and he was still beating the crap out of me even in defensive stance. I might have been able to down him but we both had about 50hp left and I didn't want to risk it so I shadowmelded and ran again.

I will kill that jerk eventually, but in the meantime it's onto Stonetalon.
46 Gnome Warlock
02/01/2012 04:46 PMPosted by Selenagnomez
I really don't mean to be argumentative, but I can think of several that are not 100% safe, unless you are higher level. There is one in sw harbor, where there are sharks--that was challenging at low levels. And one in the borean tundra where you kill an animal then jump in the water to create a pool of blood to fish in.

That's a valid observation. I would counter that, in the same way that not all dailies are risk-free and not all AG dailies are risk-free (as Aber pointed out with TFA), the presence of some risk-free dailies within the larger group has forced us to ban all of them (since we can't verify which quests were specifically done).

That said, I am willing to concede that I'm alone in wanting this change. So, I'll drop the issue.

I also will not be doing dailies. Seemed to me they went against the spirit of what this challenge is about. doesn't matter to me if others decide to do them though.
36 Night Elf Warrior
02/01/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Dubbelstuff
,,l,,

Oh no :(

/mourn
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I sense a blue post coming if we make a major landmark.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Challenge accepted.

Toon name: Ironcrit
Class: Paladin
Faction: Horde
Race: Blood Elf
Realm: Moon Guard

Let's do this... /Cracks knuckles...
Edited by Criticism on 2/1/2012 10:55 PM PST
67 Dwarf Paladin
Doradin, Checking in.

Hit level 24 today, which would be great, except the one new ability I got costs nearly 1/3 of my mana. /sigh

Haven't had any close calls in Wetlands so far, well except for this rare that spawns in Dun Algaz. I aggroed two regular Dragonmaw orcs thinking it'd just be a simple pull and he came charging down the stairs.

I survived, but he got me down to 34 health twice during the fight. Way too close for comfort.
46 Draenei Hunter
02/01/2012 10:19 PMPosted by Ironbrit
RIP Dubblestuff and Kamachite. May you rest easy and come back back stronger.

Yep. You both fought the good fight, come back for more!

Welcome Ironmancrit, and grats to all the levelers. It was funny, going to the spreadsheet to update my info, and seeing others update at exactly the same time. And I love seeing even the check-ins, just to have a sense of who everyone is.

Go team go go go!!!!!

Lvl 36 /played 1 day, 11 hours, 5 minutes.
Almost up to where Ironic was when she left this world.
94 Night Elf Hunter
The part of this where you delete your charicter reminds me of an old game I used to play, one of the servers gave you 3 times the experience but when you died you were done for, and as a bonus if you killed a player you got all of their stuff.

This challenge sounds like fun, but I would try to push for a server designated souly for this, and then some fail safe plans to prevent high levels from going around destroying all of the low levels just because they want too.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Dear Ironman Journal thingy,

I've started my epic adventure to become an official Ironman. I've decided that being a Paladin was the smartest choice for the situation. As I logged into the Ironman Horde realm, I noticed another player with "Iron" in their name so I decided to confront them. They invited me into the Ironman Challenger guild. There doesn't seem to be a lot of guild members. Not a good sign, seems like a lot of people have failed at this competition. Let's hope I'm the exception.

- Ironcrit -
Current level: 6
Edited by Criticism on 2/1/2012 11:45 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]