Ironman Challenge IV

54 Undead Rogue
Just hit 24 and went to learn Vanish from my rogue trainer. I began to salivate as I saw the lvl 26 skill - Cheap Shot (2CP from stealth plus a stun). My mind is racing on how to quickly blow through two more levels. As I left my trainer he put me in my place with this goodbye - "Remember, Patience... Discipline...." Here's to hoping I can heed sound advice.
85 Goblin Shaman
Sounds like fun!
46 Draenei Hunter
Ironbraids, R.I.P. I loved that name as soon as I saw it. When your spirit returns, will she bear the same name?

I've added my name to your list, and updated Ironic's death notice to note that she never died....I felt she deserved that acknowledgement :) Thank you for making and maintaining that list, it's comprehensible, easy to read and easy to use. I did put my name at the bottom, for fear of deleting someone.

*Ironbraided posted this quote, my response to it follows:*

Ironbraids, would you also mind tracking all the other permadeath players who made it to 85 like this toon before the challenge? I know there is only a handful of us but that will show to people that it is possible to get to 85 without deaths and with restrictions.

And Janileth thank you for making clear simple rules

I did not see this post....I expect it's because it's from the player I have on ignore. My opinion is, the ongoing and updating lists for this challenge group should record just this group.

I would support a separate list, or link to a list, of people who have made it to max level in other challenges or purely on their own.

I may get another level or 2 today, but not much more for several days, as I will be elsewhere in Azeroth!

GO CHALLENGERS GO GO GO!!!
Edited by Aguantar on 1/29/2012 8:45 AM PST
I am quite dis-heartened. There is not a single soul in the Moon Guard channel!
wow we moved so fast through thread number 3
56 Blood Elf Mage
01/29/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Hermie
I am quite dis-heartened. There is not a single soul in the Moon Guard channel!

I didn't clairify, the moonguard side is Horde...well at least the side I am in.
:)
41 Dwarf Paladin
Ironbraids, R.I.P. I loved that name as soon as I saw it. When your spirit returns, will she bear the same name?

I've added my name to your list, and updated Ironic's death notice to note that she never died....I felt she deserved that acknowledgement :) Thank you for making and maintaining that list, it's comprehensible, easy to read and easy to use. I did put my name at the bottom, for fear of deleting someone.

Hehe, she has already been reborn here as Ironbraids the Second. Her hairstyle is the double braided dwarf hairdo, in dark grey :)

And no worries about putting your name at the bottom. I check for out of order levels all the time, and its simple to drag you up into the right place :)
I would really love to do this Challenge as a Gnome. Oh, but I simply just dont have the time for something at extensive as this! Plus, I would want to make a Warrior and be easily slain once I hit like... Northrend!
41 Dwarf Paladin
Where do we put death info? I didn't see a place for it in the google doc. I've died 2 times now. This is my third try.

Cheers.

Scroll down past the live list, the Honored Dead section is at the bottom. I think we have both your previous dead on there, Ironbrit the 1st (lvl 28 hunter) and Ironbrit the 2nd (lvl 13 mage).
63 Draenei Warrior

No, I'm against this. That's not what this challenge is. It's Ironman. If you want your own permadeath information in a thread to show how special you are, then make one.

Lol @ the irony of that post (with all due respect)

So...people like Never who made it to 85 without death long time ago with even more restrictions than you want to show "how special they are"? While you competing in a "show how special I am competition" with front page bumps, journals and tracking spreadsheets are not? Am I missing something? Neverdied made the front page of mmochamp, I don t think she needs to show "how special she is" anymore. Anyway I applaud the efforts...gogo perma-death peeps
27 Undead Hunter
Have you considered adding a restriction on riding?

One thing I remember most about my first max level toon was not being able to ride fast because I couldn't afford it. Made me think - what if we restricted riding to only lvl 20 riding? It really effects nothing either way, just a thought that made me giggle due to the suggestion of no mounts at all. I can honestly say I would never run one at all if I couldn't mount. For as much as I love this game, all the walking gets tedious!
46 Draenei Hunter
in response to:

No, I'm against this. That's not what this challenge is. It's Ironman. If you want your own permadeath information in a thread to show how special you are, then make one.

Lorelolz posted:

Lol @ the irony of that post (with all due respect)

So...people like Never who made it to 85 without death long time ago with even more restrictions than you want to show "how special they are"? While you competing in a "show how special I am competition" with front page bumps, journals and tracking spreadsheets are not? Am I missing something? Neverdied made the front page of mmochamp, I don t think she needs to show "how special she is" anymore. Anyway I applaud the efforts...gogo perma-death peeps

9 minutes ago

Oddly, I have Neverdied on ignore, and is the one and only character I have on forum ignore. But...this post was "ignored" as well. Did you know that the forum Ignore feature will ignore all characters on that account?

Does this mean that Lorelolz and Neverdied are one and the same? That's the only conclusion I can come to.
54 Undead Rogue
Others have posted it and I'd have to agree with them - riding is overrated in this endeavor.

It's not like when you are questing normally and you know you can 'usually' ride past mobs and just take a hit or two. The very real possibility of being knocked off your mount is enough to avoid it in most cases. There is an area right oustide of Ratchet where there are 4-5 stealthed marines. I have always ridden through that area in the past, but when I reached there during Ironman (with riding) i stealthed through to avoid an unfortunate accident.

Basically, if you wouldn't do something irl you probably shouldn't do it in Ironman. I'd choose not to knowingly ride past 5 hostile, sword-wielding marines irl.
46 Draenei Hunter
Have you considered adding a restriction on riding?

One thing I remember most about my first max level toon was not being able to ride fast because I couldn't afford it. Made me think - what if we restricted riding to only lvl 20 riding? It really effects nothing either way, just a thought that made me giggle due to the suggestion of no mounts at all. I can honestly say I would never run one at all if I couldn't mount. For as much as I love this game, all the walking gets tedious!

All restrictions are based on the help they would provide during battle, or to leveling.

So mounts are not restricted
54 Undead Rogue
That is what it means, yes. Ignore will ignore all characters on that account.
Edited by Dubbelstuff on 1/29/2012 10:24 AM PST
85 Draenei Mage
Post removed by player
Edited by Neverdied on 1/29/2012 11:23 AM PST
100 Undead Warrior
noticed some people added themselves to the obit

cool :O

I AM BACK AS IRONGINGER!!!
85 Draenei Mage
Post removed by player
Edited by Neverdied on 1/29/2012 11:23 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]