Ironman Challenge IV

33 Night Elf Druid
Can we put an end to the raging about the spreadsheet and who to include and who to exclude before it gets started please?

While some of Neverdied's posts have rankled me a bit I have also found value in some of the posts as well and believe the intent is a positive one.

I am as guilty of anyone of being a little snarky and making a post before I reign in my passions (and I have also stopped myself from pressing submit on a few that I might regret).

Let's all just enjoy playing in our own way and allow others to do the same and enjoy the game.

(I actually would be interested in a list of 85s with zero deaths just to check them out)

IronWorgen V, level 22 Night Elf Druid
Edited by Ironworgen on 2/15/2012 11:32 PM PST
85 Draenei Mage

Oddly, I have Neverdied on ignore, and is the one and only character I have on forum ignore. But...this post was "ignored" as well. Did you know that the forum Ignore feature will ignore all characters on that account?

Does this mean that Lorelolz and Neverdied are one and the same? That's the only conclusion I can come to.

I can help you right now by telling you that Monsoon, Neverdied & Lorelolz are on the same account in the same household. Being the same person? I am afraid not, there are 5 of us here, hence the 5 accounts we have (and the 5 toons we are racing against each other at the moment using your challenge restrictions). But thank you for trying to stir some controversy. instead of attacking the player could you please focus on the issues and the topic?

I have personally tried to help and provided guidelines and recommendations due to my experience with leveling toons to 85 without death. Some people see this as attacks...I always try to be helpful and provide guidelines and I am always thrilled to see new people realizing the permadeath game is a total new playstyle that opens a whole new game.

Please stop the ad hominems, I tell the others downstairs to not post anymore on this topic. You have here someone experienced that can give you pointers and zones cues or fast leveling less dangerous areas. If you prefer I will refrain from posting anymore
Edited by Neverdied on 1/29/2012 10:37 AM PST
46 Draenei Hunter
Welcome Ironginger, may your life be long.
33 Night Elf Druid
01/29/2012 10:22 AMPosted by Dubbelstuff
Others have posted it and I'd have to agree with them - riding is overrated in this endeavor.

Was looking forward to turning 20 and getting my mount, although I have decided to refrain and keep with my personal policy of only white or gray items (and mounts do not meet that requirement for me).

However, I am a Druid so I do get travel form which, while not as fast as a mount, is better than walking speed. And I do get flight form also.

01/29/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Ironworgen
Others have posted it and I'd have to agree with them - riding is overrated in this endeavor.

Was looking forward to turning 20 and getting my mount, although I have decided to refrain and keep with my personal policy of only white or gray items (and mounts do not meet that requirement for me).

However, I am a Druid so I do get travel form which, while not as fast as a mount, is better than walking speed. And I do get flight form also.

Wyrmrest Accord (Alliance)
'/join iron' to chat

What a classy outfit you have on there! I approve!
46 Draenei Hunter
01/29/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Ironworgen
Can we put an end to the raging about the spreadsheet and who to include and who to exclude before it gets started please?

My apologies if I sounded like I was raging about the spreadsheet...I merely intended to express my opinion. As I said, the idea of a separate list has merit.

I was, blatantly and intentionally, pointing out that Neverdied is also posting on an alt, but pretending to be a different player. My original objection to Neverdied's influence stands: non-participants in THIS challenge should let us evolve our own guidelines, as Neverdied did for their own permadeath achievement. Supportive suggestions are fine.

Ok, before I get more grumpy, I will go level some more.
54 Undead Rogue
Someone start a priest - there are no active priests atm!
56 Blood Elf Mage
The reason we have allowed mounts is on the off chance someone gets to the BC/Wrath/Cata zones, flying is almost necessary.
My example has always been Deepholm. There is also Netherstorm, Storm Peaks, Icecrown.

As to the spreadsheet stuff, I would suggest that whoever is running with that to get with Aberzombie - he's been wonderful in tracking things for us, and he loves doing it.

I can't even explain why neverdied is still hovering around, it seems to me that he feels threatened that we will indeed do something he hasn't, and keeps going on and on about limited Achievement points.
Do we care that he was on MMO-Champion?
I believe the great majority of people doing the challenge are doing it for the pure excitement of it all. We are all painfully aware that there is no "Trophy" that will be given by the world as a whole. Its personal satisfaction and fun. Why is this such a problem for people?
Personal satisfaction of a job done, and well!
and Fun. Again, why is this a problem?

I at this point have ignored neverdied as well. I have had enough of the his "I am better than thou" attitude, and its causing grief among people that were petty much in harmony with things.

Take care everyone,
~Jani
27 Undead Hunter
Checking in at level 20, and still breathing.. well, kinda.

As to the mounts, I know it's not restricted, I just find it funny. I will go that route, probably, tbh, assuming I live to see 40!
26 Night Elf Druid
Journal of Ironamalia

entry two:

Zen honestly believed that it was a tasty snack that I was giving him. Part of me feels bad that I tricked him but at the same time he tricked me. The fel cones turned him into a toad! I hope that this is enough to appease the Council. I never meant to anger them. Syral was very happy that I complied and was quite confident that they would forgive me. Hopefully the Satyr will not trick anyone else that comes across him.

When I was talking to Syral I noticed a cute night elf standing in front of the building behind her. He seemed to be looking at me a lot and smiled when he noticed I had noticed. So once I said my goodbyes to Syral I headed over in his direction. He said his name was Tallonkai Swiftroot and he had just the task for me. I was curious as to what he would need me to do but went when he sent me over to starbreeze village to retrieve something of his, an emerald dreamcatcher that was given to him by the warden of the druids, I wondered why he couldn't go get it himself? Even more so when he told me it was in his house in Starbreeze Village that was overrun with corrupted furbolgs. I guess he was to afraid for his own life but he would ask this of me? I went anyways and didn't realize it was bad until I saw it. I got the amulent no problem though, I was very cautious that the few that saw me weren't able to alert any others. Unfortunately, even though he was happy to have the amulet back, he was even more upset that the emerald that was inside was missing. He said he had a feeling that a furbolg that goes by the name of Ferocitas the Dream Eater had it in his posession but had hoped that he was wrong. Seriously, why didn't he let me know that BEFORE I ran there and back. ~sigh, So I had to make two trips instead of one. I'm beginning to think he is just a pretty night elf after all and is too into himself. After all, come to think of it he is the only one that has no shirt on. He does have nice abs but still. He had no eyes for anything else after he got his jewel back. Oh well, no time for that if I want to see the world.

The grelkin are bouncy little monsters though. I was asked to take care of them and another Satyr that was causing more trouble. Unfortunately he was hiding in a cave which I had bad dreams about the night before. I did step into the cave and take care of some of the grelkins but going after the satyr was just to much for me. I will sadly have to leave that to another adventurer.

I got my first look at Darnassus today as well. Nyoma a nice friendly night elf who loves cooking asked me to deliver a recipe book to her freind in the capital. She said she knew Sister Aquinne was a bit homesick and thought this would help. Thankfully the griffin wasn't to far away and I got her task done fairly quickly. I did take my time in the city though. When I got back Nyoma was glad to hear that her friend was well and loved the present.

As for me after all this adventuring I think I need a little sleep. Seems like there is still a bit for me to do before I can move on. I hope tommarrow is as lucky as today has been. It feels good to be helping out in Dolanaar.

Ironamalia lvl10 5h42m7s
46 Draenei Hunter
Journal of Ironamalia

entry two:

Thank you for sharing your adventures, delightful story
46 Draenei Hunter
Checking in at level 20, and still breathing.. well, kinda.

lol!!

I love the updates, even the brief ones. I hope we maintain this for the long haul. Because...it will be awhile before any of us reach 85 :)

Maintain the course everyone, and keep heart (if you have one). Go Go Go!
85 Gnome Priest
I made a Gnome there named "Ironstalk", a namesake of my rogue Stalkyou.

She's up for the challenge, but I'm gonna need to find some time to actually do it.
87 Human Priest
Amazing idea
56 Blood Elf Mage
It was brought to my attention that on the initial page, I might have missed something on the rules that we fixed and/or adjusted.
If anyone can tell me what I messed up, I will be happy to fix it or clairify it.

Thanks,
~Jani
14 Human Hunter
Day one: Survived the Murlocs in Elwynn Forest.
33 Night Elf Druid
01/29/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Hermie
What a classy outfit you have on there! I approve!

Worgens are such classy dressers!

I decided to honor my ancestors and wear their starter gear.
My outfit is that of a priest, but also acquired mage and warlock robes.

This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]