Ironman Challenge IV

20 Gnome Warrior
I'm doing better this time.:)

Talie -- level 12 -- Wyrmrest Accord
56 Blood Elf Mage
It was brought to my attention that on the initial page, I might have missed something on the rules that we fixed and/or adjusted.
If anyone can tell me what I messed up, I will be happy to fix it or clairify it.

Thanks,
~Jani

Any of the foods or drinks give you a buff?

Cheers.

I adjusted #4 for clairity, I hope it looks good now - thanks! :)
20 Night Elf Hunter
Gah I want to get back to leveling but... must... finish... history... paper. So easily distracted.

I have a priest and a pally waiting in the wings just in case, you know, something tragic and completely out of my control occurs. :P This is turning out to be way more fun than I initially thought.
Can we keep the character and level it normally if it dies?
il be posting on my character when i make him for the challenge
85 Human Paladin
01/29/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Silaa
Can we keep the character and level it normally if it dies?

Yeah, that's fine. It's your character.
Ironbringer checking in, joining the Ironman challenge for the first time. Let's see how this goes :D
26 Night Elf Druid
Thank you for sharing your adventures, delightful story

thanks! Hopefully I will kept it up. I love reading everyone else's entries to. :)

edited to add: I really suck at quoting lol
Edited by Ironamalia on 1/29/2012 1:26 PM PST
100 Undead Warrior
ironginger died young

that's 3 dead for me
36 Draenei Hunter
Personal Journal.

My time is Stormwind is over. I am heading back to lands more familiar to me that the inhabitants of this planet call Kalimdor. There, home lies, the Exodar. Thanks to my hearthstone, I will not have to once again suffer another sea voyage. I would rather face a nest full of maddened ravagers or a Cryo Core full of Sunhawke Blood Elves! Then again, I have grown to have a certain fondness for the captain's thin seasickness soup that I might venture another trip on her vessel sometime in the future.

For now, I'll invoke the spirit of home as embodied in the stone. Exodar, hear my call.
36 Draenei Hunter
Personal Journal.
(addendum)

Upon emerging onto the Grand Vestibule, I was told there is an urgent need for me at Darkshore. Our Night Elf allies require aid as they try to recover from the devastation wrought by Deathwing. I grind that name between my teeth. No time for more. The hippogryph master is impatient for me to leave.

Personal Journal
(addendum, this same day)
Darkshore is a scene of devastation and despair. This area bore the brunt of Deathwing's malice. The very sea itself rose and consumed much of what was here before. The settlement of Auberdine is no more and her people are scattered throughout the land. A makeshift settlement is emerging at Lor'dnel with frantic efforts to rescue those that may still be alive. The land is in turmoil as the elements battle for dominance. The wildlife has suffered badly. Many splinter groups are emerging bent on furthering the destruction. There is a lingering smell of corruption in the air.

Our night elf allies remain resolute. I see their steadfast faces but I also sense how forlorn and near exhaustion many have become. How much suffering can a people take? I will help them the best I can.

===
tldr. Continuing the story arc. Can you believe we're on the fourth thread? Welcome to all the new challengers.
54 Undead Rogue
Moved the Colored info section above the listings rather than to the side of the listings (hope you don't mind). Just seems cleaner and easier to maintain.
85 Gnome Mage
Ironmini has been made, she's feeling a little scared.
36 Draenei Hunter
An interesting thing is happening in the WrA auction house. Maybe you're seeing it in your server, too. When this challenge was newer, there were hardly any greys or whites for sale. Now, as this challenge gains momentum and more exposure there seems to be an increased interest with more buyers posting these items. A few I can recognize as participants here in WrA and have priced their sales fairly. Others are gougers trying to make a fast buck. 40G for a white rifle? Same for grey shoulders? Come on!

No, I'm not saying we should reconsider exchanging gear or selling directly to each other as "friends of the challenge" prices. This obviously violates the rules of "no outside support." What I'm saying is though gear is important (phys damage mitigation, looks cool, etc.) it may not be as important as your skill at pulling mobs and surviving them. Don't give away your hard earned silver for something you may not really need.

For the auctioneer botters, I've taken to posting grey items as exorbitantly high prices. If you think 40G for a white rifle is high, try 3999G!! I was tempted to make it over 9000!!!!, but that would have been too asinine.

Another thing I've noticed while chatting: the excitement is back at getting gear. And would you believe for grey level gear? Who would have thought that a grey shield drop would give a warrior so much joy? "It's tripled my armor score!" For me, a grey leather shoulder dropped. Yeah, it's got tassels, but it's a +12point bump. W00t!!! One thing for sure. There won't be any loot ninjas here. "What? You rolled need on my grey shoulders??!!" Waaahhhh!!!!" /ragequit
54 Undead Rogue
Yeah, I squealed like a schoolgirl when my leather shoulders dropped.
46 Draenei Hunter
01/29/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Zheleznyi
For the auctioneer botters, I've taken to posting grey items as exorbitantly high prices. If you think 40G for a white rifle is high, try 3999G!! I was tempted to make it over 9000!!!!, but that would have been too asinine.

that was YOU!!!! da.....ng

lol, kidding. I have been bummed, on Ironic I looted leather grays and whites all the time, but almost 0 on Aguantar. And I haven't found much to buy either. But they sell well, I price to make a profit but not a killing.

ironginger died young

that's 3 dead for me

01/29/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Miniegg
Ironmini has been made, she's feeling a little scared.

Welcome to you both, and remember caution and perseverance are the words of the day
85 Dwarf Hunter
Wow. This is amazing. I created the original thread before I got the race change to Dwarf. I never even expected it to reach 3 pages. I can't believe it is this popular =)
100 Undead Warrior
01/29/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Targâryen
Wow. This is amazing. I created the original thread before I got the race change to Dwarf. I never even expected it to reach 3 pages. I can't believe it is this popular =)

it's pretty fun :O

the dying often actually lets you play around with a lot of different class/race combos I would normally let you do

now I just got to decide if I want to do this a 4th time or not :l

46 Draenei Hunter
01/29/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Steve
now I just got to decide if I want to do this a 4th time or not :l

Can't hurt. And, honestly, for raiders, you will learn some things about your class that you have skipped learning when you level with boa's and dungeons....careful pulls, paying attention to your surroundings.

what is the highest you've gotten to in this challenge?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]