Balance?

85 Dwarf Hunter
Hey all,
Thinking of faction changing to Horde,
Just wondering - whats the population balance like?
More Alliance to Horde?
Vis versa?

- Heisna.
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Paladin
According to http://wow.realmpop.com/us.html

Name - Shadow Council
PvP - PvE
RP - RP
Region - United States
Time Zone - MST
Alliance - 31,878
Horde - 23,133
A/H Ratio - 1.378
Total - 55,321

I have toons on both sides, an alliance 85 Warrior and two horde 70s, a 40, and a 30something.

The economy is definitely better alliance side, there are some items that you can't find in the Horde AH, it's harder to sell stuff, etc.

The people are about the same, all those that I have dealt with were nice, /trade is just as stupid on either side.

Edit: Formatting
Edited by Pici on 1/31/2012 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
89 Human Priest
Don't forget that the third party realm pop census sites tend to be skewed as they use addons to determine numbers, and it depends who all has them installed and how often they report, when, etc. That's still a better estimate, though, than some I've seen that had Alliance at a couple hundred and Horde as a few thousand!

Depending on what one is looking for, both factions on Shadow Council are pretty strong, if they go about doing things differently (RP for instance is fairly different on each side of the fence, but active either way). I know active and successful raiders, PvPers, and guilds both red and blue.

For me, the factor is generally people; I stay mostly Alliance side because of guild stuff and most of my pals mainly play Alliance, though I do dip my toes in Hordeside now and again, and have pals there as well. Folks are pretty helpful and nice all over for the most part; I tried to leave Shadow Council once for RL friends on another server, and came back to ShC because it just felt friendlier and more familiar, on both sides!
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't forget that the third party realm pop census sites tend to be skewed as they use addons to determine numbers, and it depends who all has them installed and how often they report, when, etc. That's still a better estimate, though, than some I've seen that had Alliance at a couple hundred and Horde as a few thousand!

Depending on what one is looking for, both factions on Shadow Council are pretty strong, if they go about doing things differently (RP for instance is fairly different on each side of the fence, but active either way). I know active and successful raiders, PvPers, and guilds both red and blue.

For me, the factor is generally people; I stay mostly Alliance side because of guild stuff and most of my pals mainly play Alliance, though I do dip my toes in Hordeside now and again, and have pals there as well. Folks are pretty helpful and nice all over for the most part; I tried to leave Shadow Council once for RL friends on another server, and came back to ShC because it just felt friendlier and more familiar, on both sides!

Project Details

What - We currently record character names, races, classes, genders, levels, and guild memberships for all characters on every realm in the US and EU regions.

How - To get the list of characters for a realm, first we record all the characters who posted to the auction house. Then we fetch and record their guild rosters. This should cover the majority of characters on a realm. To avoid getting listed, a character must never post to the auction house, and never belong to a guild where a guild member posts to the auction house.

Who - It's important to remember that we're simply counting the number of characters seen for each category. This does not mean the number of players, nor the number of actively played characters. We can't efficiently get activity data yet, so some characters may not have been played for a long time.

When - We re-fetch guild rosters about once every 10-12 days, and then fetch characters we haven't seen after about 20 days. The goal is to find all characters, not necessarily to have up-to-date guild rosters. The reports that come from this data get updated about once a week.

Where - We use the Battle.net API to get character and guild information. Every visitor to this site fetches some data that we need and sends it to our servers. In compliance with Blizzard's Third-Party API Usage Policy, you can view the code that accesses the API by loading this JavaScript file and running it through a beautifier.

Edited by Pici on 1/31/2012 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Have to take into account peoples alts. Some People I know have two accounts some of them having more alliance than horde or vice versa. So it will be more skewed seeming as the tracking isn't based on one person but rather every character on the server that is in a guild or posted to the AH.. Although it seems like ShC has balance out. Alliance seem to be blooming again with more people and are actually getting Tol Barad on a regular basis.

So as to your question its a preference thing. If you have friends on Alliance or Horde go with that option.
Reply Quote
72 Blood Elf Paladin
My own experience is that there are many more alliance than horde. First off, you do a /who in the lower level areas and as alliance I can quite often find a few others, as horde I usually don't find others. The AH is much, much more stocked on alliance than on horde. When I was leveling my alliance I rarely had trouble finding something I needed to level my profession or to wear, as horde I have trouble finding stuff. It's so small that you have 1 guy (bankoferica) that has a large grip on the armor market.

Now, don't get me wrong, I like it here on horde side. My guild is quite nice, most of the people that I've met here are also nice. The trade chat is like any other server (at least the 2 I have experience with). It's just smaller than the alliance side.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I wouldn't be shocked if someone somewhere is actually willing to pay an astronomical price like that.

I seem to recall that, at least for a brief period in Wrath, there was a Horde majority on server. Or at the very least there was a strong impression that that was the case. Its reasonably close now but slightly in favor of the Alliance, numbers-wise. It will be interesting to see how the demographics fluctuate, come Mists.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
http://wow.realmpop.com/us-shadow-council.html

# of 85's which is the important number to consider actual server activity:

Horde: 11,717
Alliance: 13,990

Need more Horde!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]