Too scared to Arena...

90 Orc Shaman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_4K0HR6LlU

No matter what anyone says, rogues are now overpowered with legendary daggers and VOS. That is a fact. Non-negotiable.

Overpowered doesn't even describe it, the way i see it, rogues are currently above the overpowered level, closer if not already at the gamebreaking level.

Makes me want to quit pvp

Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Remove pve items from pvp. Remove MS from rogue toolkit

Plz
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Mage
As you already mentioned, in the upcoming patch there is a change to Vial of Shadows that should reduce some of the burst damage you are experiencing in PvP.

Dying in openers certainly isn't fun, and can be incredibly frustrating if you're the one on the receiving end of such a coordinated attack, but don't give up! In addition to perhaps taking some time to focus on other activities such as Rated and unrated Battlegrounds where you have more people to watch your back, you might also consider browsing some PvP videos from other members of the community to not only help inspire you, but to also arm you with a further arsenal of tactics that you can use to your own advantage against opposing teams.

Also, from my own experience, when I was having a lot of trouble against a certain class or spec that I felt countered my usual tactics, I found it helpful to sometimes grab a friend that played that class and spent some time dueling them so that they could critique me on areas where I could improve my skills, including my timing on using certain abilities, and how I could counter some of their own tactics. That way when I stepped back into arenas, I was more confident in my own skills and felt better-prepared for how to expose the weaknesses of my enemies.

Keep at it, and remember there are players out there equally as scared to see you step out onto the Arena floor. :)

Filovirus, a member of the defending champion NAO team, was doing RLS 3s earlier this morning. His shaman has ~4950 resilience. They ran into an RMP. The result?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/220/derp2b.png/

1.69 seconds for 151,009 damage onto a target taking ~48% less damage? That's absolutely insane. No amount of practicing is going to help that.

Oddly, this RMP fought Talbadar's team as well earlier in the night. While they didn't get a kill on Talbadar's team in the opener, you can see the absolutely absurd amounts of damage this team can put out:
http://www.twitch.tv/talbadar/b/306907953

I don't want to chase off the first Blizz employee to post in the PVP forums in a long time, and I realize you're probably actually well aware of the situation, but I think this needs emphasis. This is absolute insanity.

Here's something else:
Watch the video of Cdew getting 3.6 second killed by Venruki, Original, and Sodah. [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT4uYNM32Y0&feature=player_embedded or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mtcS1xtqM0&feature=related ]

Vial of Shadows is far from the only thing that needed nerfed. I mean, you're nerfing the trinket proc. That's good and everything, but what about mages? What about triple DPS just eviscerating the colons of their enemies? I mean, I'd attribute this to WOG off-heals, but most games end with the triple DPS' rogue outhealing the ret, so if ret healing is a problem, rogue healing is more of a problem.

I don't want to be a spoil sport, but the Vial of Shadows nerf will honestly do so little in the long run that I'd be surprised if it even reduced rogue rep above 2400+ from 16% to 15%.

I'll quote Filo on this one:
"People weren't even dying this fast in 5s last season."
Reply Quote
That's rather amusing. The rogue may aswell have not even been there aside from his trinket proc. Mage solo'd him otherwise.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
you know what you do when you see a rogue being a lil !@#$%? you SPANK the hell out them!
you just TANK AND SPANK them out of arenas!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Priest
01/27/2012 07:54 PMPosted by Vaeflare
The overall goal is to reduce the barrier for crossing between PvE and PvP (and vice versa), as well as to also ensure that PvP gear is the best in PvP, and PvE gear is the best in PvE.

This may be a controversial issue between folks who JUST enjoy pvp and who JUST enjoy pve... however, this is my opinion as someone who enjoys both, but may have less time to play than the average person.

I recently took a break from WoW due to the game just feeling stale and boring. I honestly haven't enjoyed this expansion as much as BC or Wrath. Up until wrath, I enjoyed raiding and pvp... though focused primarily on raiding. When Wrath launched, however... pvp seemed to devolve into something completely ridiculous. I don't like having to farm for raid gear AND pvp gear. Especially when the time to get those two sets can be quitelengthy. I know as the game has gone on, Blizzard has drastically reduced the time and difficulty of getting pve gear.

However, I have out right refused to pvp for the simple reason "I don't like to be a farm kill until I've suffered enough for some adequate pvp gear". I really don't like the whole "You have to have this type of gear in order to do this type of thing" philosophy that WoW has devolved into the last couple of expansions. And while I, personally, can suffer through millions of heroics till my character is "Raid ready"... I cannot suffer through a single BG that I simply don't have a chance in because of gear...

So when I heard WoW was doing away with Resilience and making it a base stat, I thought they were doing it to eliminate that problem. But the statement I have quoted above makes me believe otherwise. I could be wrong, but it sounds like they are just creating new ways to have the same problem.

I understand that for both pve and pvp you want to reward the players for their efforts. However, I don't think the rewards should be a requirement in order to participate in the first place. Again, I think pve is in a good place... It's not too difficult to get geared but does still require some effort and there are many ways to get around being perfectly ready to enter a raid... such as going with a group of friends.

In short, I think there should be both pve and pvp sets... though I don't think there should be much difference between them other than models or textures. Whichever path you choose to be your primary focus should not limit you from dabbling in another craft... And to be quiet honest, and i say this with respect, but at the moment... I don't think WoW can afford to limit the player's ability for enjoyment... While raids are more accessible as they should be, they are also much easier... and become boring much quicker... causing you guys to struggle with new content to keep people playing and happy... But allowing a raider to immediately transition from pve to pvp may help alleviate the boredom while waiting for that new content.

That's just my two cents.
Edited by Housé on 1/29/2012 9:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
As you already mentioned, in the upcoming patch there is a change to Vial of Shadows that should reduce some of the burst damage you are experiencing in PvP.

Dying in openers certainly isn't fun, and can be incredibly frustrating if you're the one on the receiving end of such a coordinated attack, but don't give up! In addition to perhaps taking some time to focus on other activities such as Rated and unrated Battlegrounds where you have more people to watch your back, you might also consider browsing some PvP videos from other members of the community to not only help inspire you, but to also arm you with a further arsenal of tactics that you can use to your own advantage against opposing teams.

Also, from my own experience, when I was having a lot of trouble against a certain class or spec that I felt countered my usual tactics, I found it helpful to sometimes grab a friend that played that class and spent some time dueling them so that they could critique me on areas where I could improve my skills, including my timing on using certain abilities, and how I could counter some of their own tactics. That way when I stepped back into arenas, I was more confident in my own skills and felt better-prepared for how to expose the weaknesses of my enemies.

Keep at it, and remember there are players out there equally as scared to see you step out onto the Arena floor. :)

Sorry but no they're not, :P. I feel ya OP. I remember when wearing plate meant something but i get mauled down by rogues pretty quickly now. Maybe things will be better next week. All you can do is hope. I'd hang on to the rating & get your points elsewhere. Rogues have alot of control so i'm not sure what you can do to counter them other than have a rogue on your team to peel them off. Just don't get a warrior for that task.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock

You need to disable PvE gear in PvP. your change is only minor once legendaries kick in, in about month or two Arenas wont be playable at all. Disable PvP gear tone down rogues control, defensives or damage.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm Juice and I approve this msg.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
One way to deal with rogues is(at least if it's possible) is stand with your back to the edge of a ledge, most rogues almost always open with premed/shadowstep macro because they start with 4-5 combo points that way once they're no longer stealthed. But if you're back is on a ledge and they try that, they fall down. Then you take away some of their burst if they still decide to open up on you
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
A rarity it is to see a blue post on the forums and a mere fact that when they do, they know that what has become is out of hand, yet they won't admit or adhere to their mistakes.

Lets face it, 5+ years of arena and nothing has changed. It's a median that blizzard throws out something causing a domino affect of FOTM or classes that have no belonging in arena versus what they should do is listen to the community and at that time, maybe, PvP would be fun.

I see the proven failures a fact that the game is going the wrong direction since Cata started. Why, before Cata, they promised soo many changes that would make arena fun again, but what they did was focus on RBGs and balance around RBGS where most don't want to partake in (yet I love RBGs). They force something to the community versus providing a median that maybe the community can embrace. The balance classes around that thus leaving a void or some grey areas in arena.

What they do every season or expansion is allowing PVE into PVP thus causing a imbalance to the system. Legendaries should belong, trinkets that can single handingly change the game (I remember the Wotlk armor pen, the lightening trinket that rogues even wore for crazy burst). When you see legendaries that can basically turn the favor to a comp that has very little skill.

No, I don't blame rogues, mages, feral, locks, paladins, or whatever FOTM occurs, no, I blame the system. The system is flawed and Blizzard has no intention to fix it. Their promises in MoP are like promises in Wotlk and Cata, something they can't grasp nor care to grasp, but rather put some PR move and post a blue saying "we care about pvp and want to make changes" where all they care since Activision merger is $$$$$$$.

It's a known fact as history states it.....

All I know is Po and pikachu have more say than the community that keeps wow alive
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Warrior
OP says this while using Cunning of the Cruel. QQ terrible.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
01/29/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Elmaryn

Has nothing to do with what he's using since most rogues go VoS and daggers and still complain or tell people to L2P like the blue poster. If that's a way to win in this broken system, he's going to exploit it until they nerf it or something else happens.
Reply Quote
5 Troll Warrior
01/29/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Elmaryn

What's wrong with using a PvE trinket in your PvE set?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
The overall goal is to reduce the barrier for crossing between PvE and PvP (and vice versa), as well as to also ensure that PvP gear is the best in PvP, and PvE gear is the best in PvE.

"When Wrath launched, however... pvp seemed to devolve into something completely ridiculous. I don't like having to farm for raid gear AND pvp gear. Especially when the time to get those two sets can be quite lengthy." I know as the game has gone on, Blizzard has drastically reduced the time and difficulty of getting pve gear.

So when I heard WoW was doing away with Resilience and making it a base stat, I thought they were doing it to eliminate that problem. But the statement I have quoted above makes me believe otherwise. I could be wrong, but it sounds like they are just creating new ways to have the same problem.

I understand that for both pve and pvp you want to reward the players for their efforts. However, I don't think the rewards should be a requirement in order to participate in the first place.

While raids are more accessible as they should be, they are also much easier... and become boring much quicker... causing you guys to struggle with new content to keep people playing and happy...

But allowing a raider to immediately transition from pve to pvp may help alleviate the boredom while waiting for that new content.

That's just my two cents.

this guy makes a few good points a couple of which i would like to build upon.

first of all, the devolution of meaningful talents was married to the idea of "dual spec" this was a horrible idea because it really kills the "search" for good players of a certain spec. fast lvling (thanks blizz) also gave birth to "fotm" as they can be rerolled and geared in a matter of 2 weeks. but in BC it took a long time to lvl up a new class. admittidly there were still OP comps but they didnt change so drastically between seasons and also the synergy was to blame for OP comps, not individual OP classes as we see now.

paragraph 2 that i quoted makes a really good point. blizzard, while simplifying their game may make their jobs easier and requiring less attention, resil cannot be stacked so they think a flat number will be easyier to manipulate. but when players start exceeding dmg compared to flat resil, blizz will be forced to scale something, which their history has shown almost always results in a negative and imbalanced snowball effect. it forces them to work, while alot less harder, alot more often, which i believe is contradictory to what blizz thinks (red flag). when u work very often with poor quality u end up with mass produced, shotty merchandise, plain and simple. and these forums are filled with ppl comparing this shotty expac with past expacs that took longer to impliment, and had less content, but was harder AND more enjoyable.

basically, blizzard either doesnt know what they are doing, or they do not care. there is no other logical explination. they make alot of money but have no retention or real customer service. i pay less that 15 bucks a month for some other services and there are ppl ready to help me 24/7 online or over the phone and right away, with no wait times. they break the spirit of their own game by allowing multiboxing. (yes its argueable but the spirit of the game is NOT to solo your own current content without any social exposure) they do it purely for the cash, which again, shows its about not caring rather than not knowing......

cuz when it comes to making a buck, blizzard knows wtf they are doing, and they seem to really care about that as well.

blizzard doesnt care about the quality of this game i wish they did but im not dumb enuf to sit here and hope, and thats the basis for the increase in multiboxing, hacking, cheating, cheapness, and overall manipulation of the game itself. why should we care if they dont care?
Edited by Tomasini on 1/29/2012 1:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
All these blue posts are confirming is that they have no idea that the current state of arena is terribly imbalanced in some areas. I wonder if any blue reading these forums actually has high end arena exp
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
01/29/2012 01:53 PMPosted by Zookz
I wonder if any blue reading these forums actually has high end arena exp

They're pve role playing fanatics as you can tell by most of their posts. They're not hardcore pvp players which we can mostly agree on because if they were hardcore pvp players we would see a difference already in classes abilities.

Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin

This is crap. Rogues are afraid of nobody.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]