Too scared to Arena...

85 Human Warrior
So funny how many people blame the game for their own inadequacies. If I cant get 2200 its because RMP openers are too powerful

This is a l2p issue

^x100

If you are dieng to an RMP opener its because you arent peeling.

If your dieing to a RMP opener and you ARE peeling, then is it still a L2P issue? Or are we just going to defend broken classes and let Blizzard take our money when some of us actually have to press more than 3 keys on our keyboard just to get something done?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
02/15/2012 05:41 AMPosted by Warmage
If your dieing to a RMP opener and you ARE peeling, then is it still a L2P issue? Or are we just going to defend broken classes and let Blizzard take our money when some of us actually have to press more than 3 keys on our keyboard just to get something done?

This x100^100
Reply Quote
5 Troll Warrior

^x100

Owned.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Fact is PVP is really unbalanced and Blizz caught a lot of us with this year contract D3 deal. The good ole bait and leave us dissapointed by not fixing pvp.

I wish I hadn't signed up for the year contract because wow is not fun right now for a lot of pvp players.

All im saying is that I should NOT have to trudge through multiple 45 min arena draws against a blood DK just for points. Warriors don't kyte!

Reply Quote
5 Troll Warrior
Fact is PVP is really unbalanced and Blizz caught a lot of us with this year contract D3 deal. The good ole bait and leave us dissapointed by not fixing pvp.

I wish I hadn't signed up for the year contract because wow is not fun right now for a lot of pvp players.

All im saying is that I should NOT have to trudge through multiple 45 min arena draws against a blood DK just for points. Warriors don't kyte!

2s has always been awful. You shouldn't be staying in a game for 45 minutes. Once you realize that it's not going to end by about 10 minutes, just afk out.
Reply Quote
5 Troll Warrior
Why do we have to wait until Q3-Q4 to see some attempt to balance PvP?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Let's put it this way (as far as balance between classes goes): when i'm on my boomkin, say doing a random bg, a rogue in greens will open up on me, ill be stun locked for around 8 seconds at least then i get a chance to FF them and apply DoTs/damage. They can cloak and then start all over on me. Even though this kid is in greens, i get dropped to at least 3/4-1/2 of my health left. WTB BALANCE. Dont get me started on mages.
Reply Quote
51 Blood Elf Rogue

02/22/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Starlitt
Let's put it this way (as far as balance between classes goes): when i'm on my boomkin, say doing a random bg, a rogue in greens will open up on me, ill be stun locked for around 8 seconds at least then i get a chance to FF them and apply DoTs/damage. They can cloak and then start all over on me. Even though this kid is in greens, i get dropped to at least 3/4-1/2 of my health left. WTB BALANCE. Dont get me started on mages.

It's a rogue opener. If an opener out of stealth did any less damage, then it would obviate the part of the class that's unique: getting the first big powershot in a fight.

Rather than adjust the part of the class that makes a rogue a rogue (the opening and initial control) why not fix what's really breaking them in arenas and what would have no effect on PvE (at least raids). Get rid of vanish resetting, nerf stealth vs players to the equivalent of a 20 level difference (enough that they must approach from behind, or use shadowdance to open. Can't walk into my face and sap). make DR apply on every stun: sap, cheap shot, kidney shot and gouge should make me immune to stuns from absolutely every other player, punish the rogue's teammates for wasting all the free time and not taking me down, and blind can be separate so long as it continues to break on any damage (thus counterable, at least a bit).

Nerfing/complaning about opening damage on rogues won't stop them from being an absolute pain in PvP, it will just give them a reason to QQ and ask for buffs. Scary.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
02/22/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Starlitt

dude kite the garrote and typhoon the cloak
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
02/15/2012 10:25 PMPosted by Grothern

You mean you didn't see that coming from a mile away?
Reply Quote
5 Troll Warrior
02/23/2012 12:50 AMPosted by Bigwibo

dude kite the garrote and typhoon the cloak

It's not really kiting when you're being hit the entire time.
Reply Quote
24 Gnome Warlock
rogues and mages has always been unbalanced funny how blizz balanced dks but yet hardly touching mages and rogues
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
its funny how rogues can make mistakes and easily get away with and stilll win but majority of the class really cant
Reply Quote
60 Blood Elf Death Knight

Well said good sir... well said!!!!

i completely agree wont matter how geared u are. i honestly dont mind the stun lock but the fact theiy can burst and stun lock/silence is extremely overpowered then cloak then prep then cloak again or do other spell twice. of course rogues are gonna say we're balanced but if u look majority have rogues or mages or both easily breaking gladiator at least death knights can be trrained easily despite they do amazing damge but rogues cant be trained cause they have soo many utility (like disarm, cloak, vanish , sprint , self heals shadow step , then prep and do it all over again and what do deaht knights have ? pet sac , ams , amz lichbourne and thats all theres deathstrike but its not worth to mention ) to get away and do amazing damage at the same time there's really no balance with rogues and mages (im not saying other classes are balanced but mages and rogues are in another league)

i always respected rogue and mages back in BC and even LK cause it actually took skill to play em and have good team work to execute but im annoyed how blizz gave em sooo much on this xpac
Edited by Mika on 2/25/2012 3:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Certainly not scared of arenas, but I see little point now.

Playing as Feral with 4600 resil, almost full Cata' geared since many weeks ago.

Getting dropped in a stun (in cat), while my pitiful Shred damage is hitting for 5.7-12k (hit-crit) on some clothies (without their defensive CDs popped). Most opponents aren't stupid enough to show you their back for the most part which leaves Mangle - nice one. That and they run just as fast as I do so outside of stuns there's no space for repositioning.

Regardless of what my 'partners' are doing, I know I can't drop anyone in a stun - not even a 25 second Berserk / Shred burst - it's not happening.

The saddest thing is, I have a well geared Rogue (4300 Resil, mostly Cata') now for PvP and although clearly needing more practice, after almost 10k BG HKs, can't come anywhere near doing as well as my Feral.

Over 7000 lifetime arena matches and 400k HKs from BGs has been fun though.
Edited by Propaganda on 2/25/2012 3:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight
Certainly not scared of arenas, but I see little point now.

Playing as Feral with 4600 resil, almost full Cata' geared since many weeks ago.

Getting dropped in a stun (in cat), while my pitiful Shred damage is hitting for 5.7-12k (hit-crit) on some clothies (without their defensive CDs popped). Most opponents aren't stupid enough to show you their back for the most part which leaves Mangle - nice one. That and they run just as fast as I do so outside of stuns there's no space for repositioning.

Regardless of what my 'partners' are doing, I know I can't drop anyone in a stun - not even a 25 second Berserk / Shred burst - it's not happening.

The saddest thing is, I have a well geared Rogue (4300 Resil, mostly Cata') now for PvP and although clearly needing more practice, after almost 10k BG HKs, can't come anywhere near doing as well as my Feral.

Over 7000 lifetime arena matches and 400k HKs from BGs has been fun though.

the advantage rogues have that other dont have really makes rogue too strong of a class to be called balance pretty much.
but yea as a rogues have too much advantage such as when ur rdy to pop cd on a target the target is pretty much gona die for sure but when ur like a feral despite popping cd theres a chance u will get peeled easily rogues needs to have a counter like that im sure they do but they pretty much have everything for every1 like with melee rogues can shield wall or evasion through it or on a caster they can cloak through it or even vanish through everything worst of all they can refresh it all with prep and pretty much have all cd while other classes dont have that ability unless your a mage of course which is also a overpowered class.
just saying i know theres alot more people with their own opinion about rogues
Reply Quote
55 Goblin Death Knight

^x100

people defend broken class cause they dont want to be balanced i actually did not complain much be4 this expansion but rogues and mages just went too far i mean why do u think ALOTTTTT of people quit playing majority were not satisfied wit this expansion but i normally hear cause classes is too unbalanced to even pvp of course classes like mages and rogues destroying through opener despite we're peeling or forced to pop trinkets in the first min of the fight not even through that i've seen some awful players play them and make soo many mistakes and still win while with other classes like feral , death knights or war and other classes make a mistake and its pretty much gona go downhill easily.
hence a reason why u see more rogues and mages now on this xpac
Edited by Quinzap on 2/26/2012 6:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Mage
On my fire Mage if a rogue hits me from stealth its usually all over.

Garrote, Hemo, Hemo, Kidney, <I trinket/blink, then cast something at them> Trinket/Cloak, Shadowdance, Shadowstep, <if casting something its kicked> Ambush, Ambush, Ambush

Blizz says they don't balance 1v1 so I guess you have to use your sixth sense when you are out alone at night and a hard counter that can stealth specifically picked you as a target because you are easy pickings attacks you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]