Too scared to Arena...

they might read those but don't comment. every time a blue does post here people start foaming at the mouth and demanding buffs/nerfs etc. without an overall sense of rationality (restricted to a few posters). sometimes it's just as well they let the players talk it out amongst themselves instead of turning the thread into a bunch of balance-beggaring from a CM who probably can't comment on what the plan is.
what i do hope is that they communicate specifics to the balance team and not just a blanket "warriors are underpowered" statement... the specifics of the problem are of utmost importance otherwise you end up with 4.0.6 warriors. i hope they've read already but linking for emphasis: http://www.hoodrych.net/warrior-problems-nao.html

People 'foam at the mouth' because they rarely get a Blue post that isn't completely frivolous or seems to be dropped in some random thread that doesn't pertain to current, highlight issues.

Don't fool yourselves. When they post it isn't because something caught their eye, it's because something they went looking for something they were told to address in some meeting. I've never seen a company so stingy with information and so lacking in communication.

totally, it used to be a two way street. im not saying this method of communication is good, but until GC or whoever starts actively posting again it's dumb of posters to expect anything more than patch note parroting. my point is that the discussion is actually more constructive without CMs posting. if it was someone who'd be willing to talk with the players in a theoretical capacity then yeah blue posts would be good, but at this point they are usually useless and just inspire a lot of bad posts.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
As you already mentioned, in the upcoming patch there is a change to Vial of Shadows that should reduce some of the burst damage you are experiencing in PvP.

Dying in openers certainly isn't fun, and can be incredibly frustrating if you're the one on the receiving end of such a coordinated attack, but don't give up! In addition to perhaps taking some time to focus on other activities such as Rated and unrated Battlegrounds where you have more people to watch your back, you might also consider browsing some PvP videos from other members of the community to not only help inspire you, but to also arm you with a further arsenal of tactics that you can use to your own advantage against opposing teams.

Also, from my own experience, when I was having a lot of trouble against a certain class or spec that I felt countered my usual tactics, I found it helpful to sometimes grab a friend that played that class and spent some time dueling them so that they could critique me on areas where I could improve my skills, including my timing on using certain abilities, and how I could counter some of their own tactics. That way when I stepped back into arenas, I was more confident in my own skills and felt better-prepared for how to expose the weaknesses of my enemies.

Keep at it, and remember there are players out there equally as scared to see you step out onto the Arena floor. :)

Why won't Blizzard acknowledge that PvE gear is vastly overpowered in PvP? Your work-around here was to suggest practice, playing different, and look at videos.

I can tell you there is nothing anyone is able to do against my heroic Cunning of the Cruel that crits for 40k once every 30 seconds.

As a high rated arena player that abuses PvE gear, I'm begging you to remove it from the arena.
Edited by Conradical on 1/26/2012 6:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
A blue...This is like...groundbreaking...Thank you Vaeflare for visiting the forums.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
As you already mentioned, in the upcoming patch there is a change to Vial of Shadows that should reduce some of the burst damage you are experiencing in PvP.

Dying in openers certainly isn't fun, and can be incredibly frustrating if you're the one on the receiving end of such a coordinated attack, but don't give up! In addition to perhaps taking some time to focus on other activities such as Rated and unrated Battlegrounds where you have more people to watch your back, you might also consider browsing some PvP videos from other members of the community to not only help inspire you, but to also arm you with a further arsenal of tactics that you can use to your own advantage against opposing teams.

Also, from my own experience, when I was having a lot of trouble against a certain class or spec that I felt countered my usual tactics, I found it helpful to sometimes grab a friend that played that class and spent some time dueling them so that they could critique me on areas where I could improve my skills, including my timing on using certain abilities, and how I could counter some of their own tactics. That way when I stepped back into arenas, I was more confident in my own skills and felt better-prepared for how to expose the weaknesses of my enemies.

Keep at it, and remember there are players out there equally as scared to see you step out onto the Arena floor. :)

Why won't Blizzard acknowledge that PvE gear is vastly overpowered in PvP? Your work-around here was to suggest practice, playing different, and look at videos.

I can tell you there is nothing anyone is able to do against my heroic Cunning of the Cruel that crits for 40k once every 30 seconds.

As a high rated arena player that abuses PvP gear, I'm begging you to remove it from the arena.

pve gear you mean xd
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Dear Blue,

Double lengendaries are out there and you suggest people watch pvp videos? I'm sorry, but have you actually played more recently? The melee cleaves- especially Ret/Rogue/DK is stupidly overpowered and it needs to be addressed.

MS/Wound Poison should NOT stack with Necro Strike. Just like Hamstring does not stack with crippling. You claim watching pvp videos helps-- why is it I saw the world's greatest Spriest and his Shadowplay get rocked by Firemage/Boomkin/Priest? I know it wasn't because they got out skilled.

It was won based totally on the damage done by the opposing comp. When people literally go, "We were winning-- how did we die?" it means you should probably really revisit balance in PvP. But it won't happen, you made it perfectly clear you were glad to break the words spoken at Blizzcon that PvE items wouldn't impact PVP so much.

Then you continued to allow them in there. You then tell people they need to learn to play. Frankly, I weep for the pvp department of the company. You made it abundantly clear everyone else hates them and ignores them.

Oh wait, we can pay MORE money and hope you fix it in the next Expansion! Seems like a terrible business model to me.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
This blue that has posted proves Blizzard's lack of intelligence when it comes to PvP. Apparently in the eyes of the forum mods, all your problems against a class can be solved by "watching videos" or "dueling that class spec to see where your going wrong". Tell that to a warrior as he duels a frost mage or any other class. Watching someone better than you doesn't help at all: the most it will do is make you feel like that class and spec is overpowered because the person playing is so good. What will it take to get some CORRECT balancing around here?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter

So how do you counter a mage rogue opener? You dont, all I do is give my partner Roar of Sacarfice when my ret pally gets sapped and hope for the best.

So this comment by you is nothing more than a big middle finger to those who arent a rogue right now. I get that you dont want to change the meta game wildly in a season, but this is too much. Its beyond frustrating when all you do is try and have fun with your friend to do some 2s and you just Q into rogue teams ALL night.

Theres literally nothing I can do with 2 smoke bombs, blind, dismantle x2, focus redirect kidney. When a ret paladin in 4.2k+ resilience is going to 40% or lower in an opener FROM MAGE ROGUE or FERAL/ROGUE that is wrong.

What makes you think rogues are balanced at all. I can still get a rogue out stealth and it doesnt matter, they tank damage better than warriors can. If a warrior played as sloppy as rogues these days going gung ho into the battle field with out even thinking they'd be punished, and thats how it should be. But rogues, they dont have to worry about these things. Rets/DK/Warriors all get severely punished for bad positioning, but nope flaring a rogue does nothing because LOL 3 second immunity on vanish.

Just stop telling players to deal with it. Thats all I got from your post. Its sad to see this type of garage being told to a customer/fan/player to just deal with it and watch videos for inspiration.

Just stop being blind and actually play your game once in a while and see how frustrating this is for people who arent mage or rogues right now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Can I ask why Hunters are getting a buff? They really don't need one...

Hunters are right there with enhancement shamans, They get screwed over by maps than ANY other class.

And to the other poster
01/26/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Sensations
Wonder how those 2600 rdruids do it.

Resto druid+2 rogues is now viable.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Yes, rogues damage is currently out of control in PvP, and this Vial "change" isn't going to do to much to change that. They are simply lowering the base damage of the trinket and causing it to proc every ~8-10 seconds instead of ~25-30, but they still get all of their damage from passive attack power towards the Vial attack.

You're also playing one of the only specs in the game that does not have a damage reduction cooldown or passive damage reduction talent like every other caster in the game (Mages -15% Physical Damage in Frost Armor + Iceblock, Shadowpriest -15% Damage in Shadowform + Dispersion, Boomkins -15% Damage in Boomkin form + Barkskin, Warlocks -25% Damage via Soul Link w/ Glyph).

I'm still at a loss as to why after removing Ancestral Shift (which should be reverted back into the game) no one spoke up and suggested giving Elemental ANY damage reduction cooldown to compensate, absolutely ridiculous.

And to top it all off, if you weren't already "scared" to go into an arena in fear of facing a rogue, feel free to go look at YouTube videos that are up of rogues killing people in 4k+ Resil in under 2 seconds, simply by popping Shadowdance + Pop Trinkets.
Edited by Swagger on 1/26/2012 7:14 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid

Dying in openers certainly isn't fun, and can be incredibly frustrating if you're the one on the receiving end of such a coordinated attack, but don't give up!

By that you mean lucky trinket procs in the opener. Or rogues absurd damage while dancing + smoke bomb, or 30k+ shatters on the opener. Yeah, broken, not coordinated. You hardly have to set up kills anymore, you just do damage and win or lose.
Reply Quote

Can't do that while stunned.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Warrior
is it really that hard for blizzard to take out PVE gear PROCCS out of PVP? I mean, make it not procc from doing damage to other players, like they are doing with vengeance... its a no brainer... while 2 piece set and 1 piece of armor that improves damage is clever, doing 40k on an item is ridiculous
Reply Quote
75 Human Paladin
Blue posting in PvP forums.

http://smileyti.me/wp-content/uploads/scared-guy-meme-facebook-chat-code.jpg

2012 is real
Edited by Aguro on 1/26/2012 7:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Saw blue post and got excited, realised post was worthless and was disappointed.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Blue post in arena forum.

wtf???

He is a brave soul, indeed.

Arena forums have a tendency to eat people alive. Guess that includes blues! xD
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
01/26/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Vaeflare

I'm not afraid of some Elemental shaman
Edited by Zëphyr on 1/26/2012 7:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Warrior
01/26/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Armsageddon
Can I ask why Hunters are getting a buff? They really don't need one...

Hunters are right there with enhancement shamans, They get screwed over by maps than ANY other class.

And to the other poster
01/26/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Sensations
Wonder how those 2600 rdruids do it.

Resto druid+2 rogues is now viable.

There was a Rdruid+2 rogues topping the past few seasons with like 95%+ W/L ratio in 200 matches...
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
You should be more afraid of Frost Mages. At least Rogues can be peeled.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]