Too scared to Arena...

90 Human Warrior
. . .In addition to perhaps taking some time to focus on other activities such as Rated and unrated Battlegrounds . . .

LOL, haha, LOL, hehe, rated battlegrounds, shew...that is a good one. man I needed that laugh, thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
No disrespect Mr. Blue, but his point was that rogues are killing people in under 3 seconds with the legendary daggers.

I don't care if PvP isn't "balanced" around 1v1. This isn't a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 issue. This is an issue, just like all legendaries, being overpowered in the PvP scene.

Preface: I have not fought a rogue with legendaries yet, so this isn't a QQ about nerfing them. Something SHOULD be done about legendaries in PvP though.
Edited by Alturic on 1/26/2012 7:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
01/26/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Numify
You should be more afraid of Frost Mages. At least Rogues can be peeled.

Oh wait no they can't. Every single thing a frost mage does is dispellable.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
posting in blue thread in arena forums
Reply Quote
75 Human Paladin
01/26/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Asmaru
You should be more afraid of Frost Mages. At least Rogues can be peeled.

Dispel removes 1 thing every 1.5s.

Any target a frost mage looks at routinely has 4-5 dispellable(Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, pet Freeze Nova, Deep Freeze, Frostbolt snare) things that are constantly being reapplied.

Math's hard.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
01/26/2012 07:46 PMPosted by Asmaru

brb spam dispelling ice lance with fof procs.
Edited by Nahjx on 1/26/2012 8:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Community- "Why doesn't Blizzard ever post here"
Blue- "Hey guys, we really are terrified to post here because you people analyze everything we say"
Community- "No we don't, we just want to see your presence"
Blue- "Hi guys, you should just try and relax and try some new strategies."
Community - "BITE HIS THROAT!"
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
Also, from my own experience, when I was having a lot of trouble against a certain class or spec that I felt countered my usual tactics, I found it helpful to sometimes grab a friend that played that class and spent some time dueling them so that they could critique me on areas where I could improve my skills, including my timing on using certain abilities, and how I could counter some of their own tactics. That way when I stepped back into arenas, I was more confident in my own skills and felt better-prepared for how to expose the weaknesses of my enemies.

Personally, I've found leveling each class and trying it in PvP also helps greatly. Then you know all the tricks each class has.

I've been playing my freshly 85 (8th alt) Rogue and it's been a lot of fun, but more of a learning experience for me in knowing exactly what a Rogue has and what they have to do to get their kills.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Dispel removes 1 thing every 1.5s.

Any target a frost mage looks at routinely has 4-5 dispellable(Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, pet Freeze Nova, Deep Freeze, Frostbolt snare) things that are constantly being reapplied.

Math's hard.

I wasn't aware frost mages didn't have a global cooldown my bad.

Oh and it appears they can cast things by merely looking at opposing players, and apparently no longer have cooldowns on any of their abilities! Looks like I need to trade mine in because he appears to be broken.

Hyperbole is hard.
Edited by Asmaru on 1/26/2012 8:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
Actually considering the topic at hand I think the responses have actually been rather restrained.

I think the CM is trying to do the right thing but trying to brush off Rogue balance issues and telling the OP to try RBGs which Rogues are even more OP in is going to annoy a lot of the community. We need actual results not just kind words.

I am starting to wonder how many of Blizzard's staff have been on the sharp end of these issues. There does seem to be a lot of misinformation at times coming from them.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3941317284#12

I am not surprised there are not major changes. They are trying to get the next expac set up. If you really think about it, they have to reinvent the game. Remove stat inflation, change all the talent trees, balance the talent trees, balance a class, balance a race intodroduce a plathera of new things to do.

I mean, as much as Im pissed I don't play my warrior anymore, its a game. I can play an alt, I can level, and I can imagine what next expac will be.

Reply Quote
7 Worgen Druid

01/26/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Vaeflare
you might also consider browsing some PvP videos from other members of the community to not only help inspire you, but to also arm you with a further arsenal of tactics that you can use to your own advantage against opposing teams.

Oh...I get it.

You mean...like this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_4K0HR6LlU&feature=player_embedded
Edited by Januus on 1/26/2012 8:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
This thread shouldn't have made it pass 1 page (no offense OP)

Why Vaeflare chose to post in here and turn a somewhat useless thread (again sorry) into a 5page one is beyond me when we have a few constructive threads floating around that actually press on the issues we have been facing in pvp.
Reply Quote
26 Blood Elf Rogue
Guys...GUYS. This means there's at least someone at Blizzard who arenas, don't scare him away.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
01/26/2012 08:05 PMPosted by Aguro
t routinely has 4-5 dispellable(Frost Nova, Cone of Cold, pet Freeze Nova, Deep Freeze, Frostbolt snare) things that are constantly being reapplied.

I didn't know I could have all my novas up at once and that spamming them all at once wouldn't totally DR them and make me useless the next 30 seconds!
Reply Quote
7 Worgen Druid
01/26/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Ranee
Guys...GUYS. This means there's at least someone at Blizzard who arenas, don't scare him away.

He seems like a really nice, friendly guy to be honest.
Reply Quote
7 Worgen Druid

No need to be so snarky but that said, your point is still valid.

I didn't mean to be.

Vaeflare seems to be a really nice, friendly guy.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
allmyconfusion to why this is alive
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]