Too scared to Arena...

85 Human Warlock
Might as well take the 1 chance i have to post in a blue forum on the arena forums. Because it will never happen again.
Edited by Freshlemons on 1/26/2012 10:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
87 Human Rogue
This is the reason I rolled a rogue. ^^
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
As you already mentioned, in the upcoming patch there is a change to Vial of Shadows that should reduce some of the burst damage you are experiencing in PvP.

Dying in openers certainly isn't fun, and can be incredibly frustrating if you're the one on the receiving end of such a coordinated attack, but don't give up! In addition to perhaps taking some time to focus on other activities such as Rated and unrated Battlegrounds where you have more people to watch your back, you might also consider browsing some PvP videos from other members of the community to not only help inspire you, but to also arm you with a further arsenal of tactics that you can use to your own advantage against opposing teams.

Also, from my own experience, when I was having a lot of trouble against a certain class or spec that I felt countered my usual tactics, I found it helpful to sometimes grab a friend that played that class and spent some time dueling them so that they could critique me on areas where I could improve my skills, including my timing on using certain abilities, and how I could counter some of their own tactics. That way when I stepped back into arenas, I was more confident in my own skills and felt better-prepared for how to expose the weaknesses of my enemies.

Keep at it, and remember there are players out there equally as scared to see you step out onto the Arena floor. :)

So basically what you have just said is, L2P...
Instead of addressing the issue and giving a response with anything of value.
Just the typical mentality as if class imbalance doesn't even exist.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
When I play 2s, with friends and stuff to pass time, no other class or combo like mage or rogue (mage/rogue) will destroy me in an opener. Im wearing 4700+ resilience, no PVE gear, and I still often times have sacred shield proc before I can even start to do anything.

I guess its bubble and L2P.

Seriously screw you guys blizzard. Play your own game and tell yourself to L2P
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
As you already mentioned, in the upcoming patch there is a change to Vial of Shadows that should reduce some of the burst damage you are experiencing in PvP.

Dying in openers certainly isn't fun, and can be incredibly frustrating if you're the one on the receiving end of such a coordinated attack, but don't give up! In addition to perhaps taking some time to focus on other activities such as Rated and unrated Battlegrounds where you have more people to watch your back, you might also consider browsing some PvP videos from other members of the community to not only help inspire you, but to also arm you with a further arsenal of tactics that you can use to your own advantage against opposing teams.

Also, from my own experience, when I was having a lot of trouble against a certain class or spec that I felt countered my usual tactics, I found it helpful to sometimes grab a friend that played that class and spent some time dueling them so that they could critique me on areas where I could improve my skills, including my timing on using certain abilities, and how I could counter some of their own tactics. That way when I stepped back into arenas, I was more confident in my own skills and felt better-prepared for how to expose the weaknesses of my enemies.

Keep at it, and remember there are players out there equally as scared to see you step out onto the Arena floor. :)

So basically what you have just said is, L2P...
Instead of addressing the issue and giving a response with anything of value.
Just the typical mentality as if class imbalance doesn't even exist.

This. So much.... this.

Class imbalance is NOT something that simple strategy can solve. There's nothing STRATEGIC about being globalled by EVERY RMP!
Edited by Çyrus on 1/26/2012 10:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
71 Blood Elf Death Knight
We need you to keep playing. Otherwise the rogues would get bored and frustrated. Do you want angry rogue qq on forums?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
confident in my own skills and felt better-prepared for how to expose the weaknesses of my enemies.

Rogue main.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
yea no vaeflare.. stop dodgeing the issue

I poped online and am enraged at your post... shamans are by far the best healers atm priests and pallys do ok with certain comps and druid.... go ask 90% of the players... noone wants them<granted a very high skill cap> its inbalanced.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
So I finally managed to dodge the angry barrage of 2k+ rated rogues running vial and hit 2.2k. The problem is I am currently too scared to que because of the shear amount of vial trinkets out there and the possibility of running into legendary daggers.

I have never been this scared in my life, I haven't played arena in over 2 weeks. I am currently having nightmares of rogues opening on me and killing me. It's not only rogues who keep me away from arena, Hunter/Melee cleaves are almost equally as scary. I like arena, I just dislike dying in openers. I dislike dying in openers so much that I can't even arena anymore. In WOTLK I never had this problem because it was actually balanced around that burst meaning people couldn't just rush in and spam CC and get a kill without risk of getting counter globalled. Cata burst is not intended therefore not prepared for meaning it's just plain stupid and gives unfair advantages to one side who can rush in and spend 30 second on CC people while being immune to damage and CC.

I don't really know what to do with myself. I have just been telling my partners I don't feel like arenaing but I think they might kick me off the team soon. I tried raiding I've just cleared 8/8 and it's getting a little boring. There are no real changes to fix anything in 4.3.2 except the vial nerf, but rogues still do crazy damage without vial.

Too many people mistake coordination for burst. If none of your teammates are CC'd or being controlled in any way, I guarantee that an enemy Rogue, or any other class for that matter, will be able to kill anything. Add 2 more players, CC, interrupts, control, and you have the mystical Rogue burst that you, and many others complain about. As tempting as it might be to assume that it's a single class that's going 1v3 against your arena team, take a deep breath after your loss and think about why you really lost rather than quitting and "being scared" to arena. GL to ya.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
The other day I was running a RMP with a legendary mage that had no experience in arenas whatsoever and a fairly bad rogue with raid finder vial. We were losing a match when suddenly staff procs on shatter + vial of shadows proc and BANG enemy down. That takes skill.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Has anyone seen the video of an RMP vs RLS w/ RANK 1 PLAYERS, where the shaman dies in the opening cheapshot?

I told cdew (the r1 resto sham) that he should duel more because it will fix the problem of PvE gear in arena. Thanks Vaeflare!

Video being referenced - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mtcS1xtqM0
Edited by Ineedadoctor on 1/27/2012 5:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Has anyone seen the video of an RMP vs RLS w/ RANK 1 PLAYERS, where the shaman dies in the opening cheapshot?

I told cdew (the r1 resto sham) that he should duel more because it will fix the problem of PvE gear in arena. Thanks Vaeflare!

Video being referenced - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mtcS1xtqM0

Thre are people out there that actually defend that non sense. But from what I remember the vast majority of the damage was the pillar humping ice lance spamming mage.

This game is in fantastic shape!!!
Reply Quote
26 Blood Elf Rogue

It really is a crying shame. Blizzard used to be a developer that prided itself on quality of workmanship when it came to their games. It would seem that dogma, especially with PvP quality, has been on the downward spiral since WotLK and only picking up speed in Cataclysm.

I wonder why, what with the community treating every Blue who comes into this forum on the rare occasion like absolute crap. Those are obviously people Blizzard wants to listen to and take ideas from, am I right? All the butthurt and bitterness are not helping anything except digging your own graves, especially when you take it out on the people who develop the damn game. I think that's the biggest shame of all considering how many on here consistently cry out for PvP balance or for Blizzard to even glance at some of their suggestions.

You want PvP to improve? Drop the sarcastic comedy act and talk to Blizzard like they're fellow human beings and maybe they'll start listening. Or you could always keep doing what you're doing and let the PvErs continue to have a dominant say over every aspect of the game.
Edited by Ranee on 1/27/2012 6:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
01/26/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Vaeflare
you might also consider browsing some PvP videos from other members of the community to not only help inspire you, but to also arm you with a further arsenal of tactics that you can use to your own advantage against opposing teams

Are there any videos out there of a warrior winning duels against a frost mage or a sub rogue?
Reply Quote
82 Undead Rogue
Yeah WoW....

I've played this game for seven years, when "honor" had even been instituted in the game. From what I've seen over the years, most classes have had their ups and downs. Rogues have had times of PvP supremacy as well as some patches where they were pretty squishy targets.

Right now, from what I can tell facing off most other classes in Battlegrounds is that something is "off" about the balance of the game. I watched the video above where the high level Shaman healer is taken out in a few seconds, with no ability to really respond. Is that what Blizzard wants the game to be? I've also watched the videos of the rogue taking out his buddy in a few seconds in duel after duel. That's intended?

I really appreciate the Blizzard employee coming into the thread to offer some kind words of encouragement. However, they sound sort of pithy and out of touch. As others have pointed out here, they amount to "Learn 2 play" without acknowleging on their end, they sort of screwed up from a game design standpoint. I'd rather just hear it straight, to be honest. I think in the long run, most of us would.

Look, I'm no paragon of PvP in the competitive arena sense but I do know what this game has "felt like" over the years and right now there's a few things I find very disjointed from a gameplay standpoint: 1.) blood DK's, which we all know about, are just too much healing, damage, and mitigation rolled into one package. What happened with them this patch is a fine example of just how "far off" Blizzards balance implementations can go awry. It's so bad, I almost feel as if Blood DK's were a purposeful experiment of allowing vengeance mechanics to operate in a pvp setting. The legion of new blood DK's in Bg's is just a testament to give too much to one class/spec 2.) Rogues are about 2 notches in overpoweredness than they should be. They have always had the weakness of being fairly squishy to compensate for their heavy burst, consumate control, and stealth abilities. As in most games that have the "rogue archetype" they were lethal but had to be careful not to get themselves in over their head. Now, with recuperate and some other mechanics, they are actually fairly tough and leathery. The other issue is that their whole gameplay style is built around something that is fundamentally flawed (huge burst and lockdown coming out of stealth) as Blizz has implemented it through the years. Blizz has never been able to successfully balance rogues around this mechanic. They are either underpowered, frustrating rogues, or overpowered (as they are now) - frustrating everyone else. 3.) I'd also state that the burst out of stealth of kitty druids is fairly punishing as well to the point of not being enjoyable in pvp. When I look at my "damage taken" logs vs. individual characters I noticed a heavy amount of damage is coming from openers and not finishers. It's like losing in chess on the first 8 moves every time.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman

None of that will help a Resto Druid. Any other suggestions?

Wonder how those 2600 rdruids do it.

Get carried by rogues and mages? Sounds about right!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]