Pandaria? The Shark Has Been Jumped

i really like OP

he,s really funny

and doesn't afraid of anything
01/26/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Goshi
I'm a paying customer, I can complain all I want.

Whoever taught customers this fallacy needs to have their family line sterilised.

-Love, someone who worked in retail and hospitality for nearly 20 years.
85 Orc Death Knight
Cheesiest name I've ever seen. I can deal with pandas, what I cannot deal with is the entire xpac being called PANDARIA. Seriously? Who threw that name out? The amount of cheese is overwhelming.

I honestly thought it was a joke when I first heard it.

Sadly another wow player who doesn't know Warcraft lore...
85 Night Elf Death Knight

Like how Australians live in Australia, Americans live in America, Germans live in Germany.

And Canadians come from Canadia.

Canadia.

I call it Canadia all the time to needle my sister's family.
Edited by Ajuul on 1/26/2012 1:08 PM PST
90 Troll Hunter
01/26/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Baneustwo
I'm a paying customer, I can complain all I want.

Whoever taught customers this fallacy needs to have their family line sterilised.

-Love, someone who worked in retail and hospitality for nearly 20 years.

Customers can complain all they want - you have the choice to listen to it or not. And honestly I don't think I'm being too hard on them. Just a longtime player with much love for the game =D (just not the name of the next xpac).
86 Gnome Mage
It's "Mists of Pandaria."

The expansion takes place on Pandaria, which up until now has been shrouded in mist.

Come up with a better name right now. Do it.
32 Dwarf Rogue
a agree pandaria sounds cheesy , but it might be fun
85 Human Warrior
The name works for me, as the expansion deals with Pandaren, who live in a place called Pandaria.

Like how Australians live in Australia, Americans live in America, Germans live in Germany.

This is the one thing that does strike me as odd. Why they chose this race to name it's region after itself.

Worgens aren't from worgvania. Goblins aren't from Goblovina. Draenei aren't from draeneria (i don't think)
Edited by Aeris on 1/26/2012 1:11 PM PST
Community Manager
Let me rephrase.

WHY. DO. YOU. HAVE. TO. NAME. THE. XPAC. PANDARIA. THE. FACT. THAT. THEY. ARE. FROM. PANDARIA. IS. IRRELEVANT.

It's not irrelevant, particularly given almost everything that happens after the Cataclysm and Deathwing's demise is centered around the discovery of this new continent. These forgotten lands, as well as the way the Horde and Alliance go about exploring them, are central to the overall story line (much like Illidan and the Burning Legion were to The Burning Crusade, the Lich King and his Scourge were to Wrath of the Lich King, and Deathwing's destructive return to Azeroth was in Cataclysm).

I'm not sure I understand your argument. It feels like you're claiming we're naming the expansion after a new race's starting zone (not true) and arguing that's "jumping the shark." If you're only taking issue with the title, I don't think that qualifies for such a label at all. More importantly though, I get the sense you learned only two bulleted details about the expansion (new race and new land to explore) before deciding to post this thread.
86 Gnome Mage
01/26/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Aeris

This is the one thing that does strike me as odd. Why they chose this race to name it's region after itself.

Worgens aren't from worgvania. Goblins aren't from Goblovina. Draenei aren't from draeneria (i don't think)

Draenei are from Draenor, and nobody complained about that.
90 Troll Hunter
Hmmm, a better name...

Bounciness Overwhelming

The Bamboo Wars

Please Buy Me China

85 Undead Warrior
i am to ashamed to buy a game called pandaria :( i would buy CATACLYSM >_>_>_>_> any day
90 Tauren Druid
01/26/2012 01:11 PMPosted by Aeris
Draenei aren't from draeneria (i don't think)

Draenei are from Draenor (official, former name of Outland). Tauren have (had) a major outpost called Taurajo.

Draenei are from Draenor, and nobody complained about that.

Technically, the draenei are from Argus and the orcs are from Draenor...
86 Gnome Mage
01/26/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Hõrderocks
I personally second the OP's opinion, although unlike him i hate the concept of Pandaren 200%. I think it is a childish, lame cash grab attempt that will flood the community with 10 yr olds.

The Horde, Blood Elves, Worgen, and the trial swapping to a F2P thing already took care of the 10-yr-old flood.
85 Goblin Priest
yeah....u mad...
90 Worgen Death Knight
Let me rephrase.

WHY. DO. YOU. HAVE. TO. NAME. THE. XPAC. PANDARIA. THE. FACT. THAT. THEY. ARE. FROM. PANDARIA. IS. IRRELEVANT.

It's not irrelevant, particularly given almost everything that happens after the Cataclysm and Deathwing's demise is centered around the discovery of this new continent. These forgotten lands, as well as the way the Horde and Alliance go about exploring them, are central to the overall story line (much like Illidan and the Burning Legion were to The Burning Crusade, the Lich King and his Scourge were to Wrath of the Lich King, and Deathwing's destructive return to Azeroth was in Cataclysm).

I'm not sure I understand your argument. It feels like you're claiming we're naming the expansion after a new race's starting zone (not true) and arguing that's "jumping the shark." If you're only taking issue with the title, I don't think that qualifies for such a label at all. More importantly though, I get the sense you learned only two bulleted details about the expansion (new race and new land to explore) before deciding to post this thread.
SHUT DOWWWWWWN
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]