Disc priest with Resto Druid comp.

58 Night Elf Death Knight
I've been wondering, do disc priests work well with resto druids in raid comps?
I've heard that they don't work well because a druid would lose heals over top the priests bubble causing over-healing.

Also on fights like Ultraxion, would a disc priest and druid work well? or is it better to have the priest go holy. (The 3rd healer being a Pally or Shaman.) Also which of the buffs would be best for each and why?

Just some questions that I've had on my mind.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been wondering, do disc priests work well with resto druids in raid comps?
I've heard that they don't work well because a druid would lose heals over top the priests bubble causing over-healing.

Also on fights like Ultraxion, would a disc priest and druid work well? or is it better to have the priest go holy. (The 3rd healer being a Pally or Shaman.) Also which of the buffs would be best for each and why?

Just some questions that I've had on my mind.

In a Druid/Disc/HPally comp, here's how you want to have it set up:

Druid takes red buff.
Pally takes green buff, then blue when it comes out.
Disc takes no buff, because he won't be able to take a buff when you make him go shadow spec. If he won't go shadow spec, Group 3 isn't eligible for crystals anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Druids and Disc priests are amazing together. Amazzzzzzzingg.
Reply Quote
So, you're saying to two heal it then? Having the priest go shadow, though our priest is disc/holy, and doesn't have a shadow spec and isn't used to it in any case.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, 2healing should be no prob. In fact, it's kind of recommended to ensure you meet the enrage timer (though, heroic is much more hard on DPS, whereas reg is pretty lenient).

Disc mainly tank heals, though keeps heals on raid while the rdruids focuses on raid (with lb on tank at all times) and lays down efflo every CD. Efflo double dips so it's pretty awesome. DA/bubbles + druid hots is what makes a disc and rdruid combo so amazing.
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Fleurzilla

How come? I would like to know why.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/26/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Greave
So, you're saying to two heal it then? Having the priest go shadow, though our priest is disc/holy, and doesn't have a shadow spec and isn't used to it in any case.

In all seriousness, two healing it is really the way to go. It lowers the healing strain by a lot by cutting the fight a lot shorter.

In my group, I've actually got the best DPS offset so I go ret and we have our priest (not sure whether he goes disc or holy) and a resto shammy that two-heal it. If your DPS aren't strong, 3 healing it can be tough.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
01/26/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Greave

Disc bubbles (pw:s and da) stabilize someone's health for a long enough period of time for a druid's hot ticks to bring them back up. The synergy between discs and rdruids is awesome. I don't really know how else to explain that.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
01/26/2012 10:07 PMPosted by Greave

the synergy between absorbs and hots is super awesome - lots of the priest's healing is in the form of absorbs, which then lets the druid's hots heal people up at their own pace while the absorbs minimize burst. also, the priest brings lots of mitigation CDs while the druid brings lots of throughput CDs and it just works out extremely well together! nothing stabalizes a tank like a full set of hots with some absorbs and a 10% reduced-dmg-taken buff !

because of the synergy and versatility its deff one of the better 2-heal setups, and easily my favorite :)
Reply Quote
@Jumpies and Fleur, Thank you for the explanation, makes sense. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/26/2012 10:36 PMPosted by Jumpies

the synergy between absorbs and hots is super awesome - lots of the priest's healing is in the form of absorbs, which then lets the druid's hots heal people up at their own pace while the absorbs minimize burst. also, the priest brings lots of mitigation CDs while the druid brings lots of throughput CDs and it just works out extremely well together! nothing stabalizes a tank like a full set of hots with some absorbs and a 10% reduced-dmg-taken buff !

because of the synergy and versatility its deff one of the better 2-heal setups, and easily my favorite :)

I'm intrigued; I haven't tried it in our raid group because my RL generally likes to keep me as holy. But our disc priest is pretty baller, so maybe we'll send our boomkin back over to resto and I could take over for her DPS or something one of these weeks.

But yeah, Greave, I would really try 2-healing it if one of your healers can go for a DPS offspec for that fight. It seems counterintuitive, but you'll really have a lot less healer strain. The buffs let you keep up with the damage that's going out, even with only two healers.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Me and a Resto druid 2heal 10m as well as the heroics we have done so far morchok and yorsahj. she complains that i heal over her hots but we work very well together and get what we have to done. on heroic ultraxion i end up going shadow and the druid and our shaman heal that fight. Disc/druid in my opinion is better than pally/druid
Reply Quote
I'm intrigued; I haven't tried it in our raid group because my RL generally likes to keep me as holy. But our disc priest is pretty baller, so maybe we'll send our boomkin back over to resto and I could take over for her DPS or something one of these weeks.

But yeah, Greave, I would really try 2-healing it if one of your healers can go for a DPS offspec for that fight. It seems counterintuitive, but you'll really have a lot less healer strain. The buffs let you keep up with the damage that's going out, even with only two healers.

Its defiantly something my group can try, especially if its our dps that needs work, having the extra one would help. So it'd be good to keep disc/resto and have a pally go ret or something?

And about the druid/priest synergy, I had just heard the ticks over 100% health when bubbled made it kinda, eh. Wasted healing done you know? But if people are at 100% healing done shouldn't really matter, healers aren't competing after all, long as everyone is alive.
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock

Its defiantly something my group can try, especially if its our dps that needs work, having the extra one would help. So it'd be good to keep disc/resto and have a pally go ret or something?

And about the druid/priest synergy, I had just heard the ticks over 100% health when bubbled made it kinda, eh. Wasted healing done you know? But if people are at 100% healing done shouldn't really matter, healers aren't competing after all, long as everyone is alive.

On HUltra you won't have too worry much about wasted heals.

Once they get blue though, pallys can double the HPS of any other class, so keep that in mind if you need another 10 or 15 more seconds to get a kill.
Edited by Merise on 1/26/2012 11:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
01/26/2012 10:52 PMPosted by Greave
I had just heard the ticks over 100% health when bubbled made it kinda, eh

If people are at 100% with bubbles/hots why are you 3healing!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Have the healer who will do the best DPS switch over, regardless of class.

On heroic, you will absolutely want your top DPS putting out everything they can, but you will also want your best two healers to be taking the crystals because damage at the end can get insane.
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Fleurzilla

Didn't say they were, just used that as an example, no one will be 100% all the time.

This was mainly to see what the synergy between resto and disc was and whether to keep our priest as Holy or not.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
01/26/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Greave

Didn't say they were, just used that as an example, no one will be 100% all the time.

This was mainly to see what the synergy between resto and disc was and whether to keep our priest as Holy or not.

Holy is fine too. The main problem is that there's no real decent tank healer between a holy priest and resto druid. A disc priest can basically tank heal and raid heal at the same time, whereas both rdruids and holy priests take time away from the raid in order to heal the tank, which could make it harder to catch back up on the raid.

Regular is really not that hard, though. So, it shouldn't be an issue.
Reply Quote
True, especially with that 5% nerf right around the corner too.
Thanks for the info.
Reply Quote
Disc priest and resto druid are like PB & Jelly. They belong together. Trust.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]