My Ele Shaman PvP Experience

100 Dwarf Shaman
Oh hi rogu----

[Release Spirit]

It's real fun dying in 10 seconds. I can't WAIT till rogues get their legendaries.
Edited by Lardaz on 1/27/2012 7:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Blizzard I pose the question : What is necessary for you guys to realize how RETARDED elemental shamans are? I thought it would be the day there are more PROT SPECS IN PVP THAN THERE ARE ELEMENTAL SHAMANS; AN ACTUAL SPEC. Apparently I was wrong.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
*Sigh* Take the hint, they want you out! Just roll Enh :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Like blizzard cares..... to them ele shamans are their way of feeling better about themselves for being pure failures. It's good to have a laugh every now and then
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I will tell you all this much I love my Shaman more than Blizzard. I guess I like playing it so much i am going to say Good - Bye to blizzard. By the way this will be the second account I am leaving WoW with going to play another game. If i can talk my oldest in to it it will be 3 accounts they will loose............ bottom line is money talks and bull@#% walks. Congrats blizz nice job for us elementals.

Good-Bye, the Bounty Hunter
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight
full season 11 on my shaman from reg pvp not arenas but i got 4200 resil , a fire mage can kill me and all i get off is one spell he will silence me then fire stun me when that is over i get one spell off then silence again and im dead... wtf i cant even fight back, a rogue will hit me 10x while i get one spell off and if i do manage to escape him he smokes bomb and i cant dps him wtf...ever since lvl 70 blizz has been sh1tting on shamans, sorry after lvl 70.... i hear runes of rohan is a decent game and its free ill prob be heading that way... not to mention i seen alot of pp speed hacking in bgs its like there is no management why are we paying 15 dollars a month.. they got like 10million acc x15= 15million dollars pay some one to play the game so u guys can see what its like.

Reply Quote
so yea, i decided to get back into my shaman, enhance pvp.
obviously got gear issues for the time being.
dont see too many enhance shamans out there these days.
anyhow, im sure ill be awesome once i got all my gear sorted out.

@lardaz, everybody knows that rogues dont attack shamans, dont be silly.

actually, whats funny about rogues on a shaman, is they dont even appear to be attacking, all you here is a couple dagger sounds and youre already dead.
Edited by Torcano on 1/27/2012 11:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
60 Goblin Shaman
10 seconds? more like .10 of a second.....

I think elemental has it easier than enhancement.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
And yet there are still elementals who are 2.6k rated in RBG's. (See Cpzinger and Lockarn).
And no, they cannot be "carried" in such a damn high bracket.

Also, I've made it to 2k as an ele, you just have to be fairly good at the spec. I'll admit 1v1 for ele is just not gonna be a fair fight for us, specially to a rogue who has a decent idea of their class. But PvP was never about 1v1 fights so I don't really care.

EDIT: And frankly from what I've seen you're quite familiar with pvp as you're 2.1k, so it must not be THAT horrible.
Edited by Allukaa on 1/28/2012 7:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Ele do bad in Arena , they are great in BG / RBG.

Wth i can kite and survive a rogue just i cant kill him cauz he is gonna vanish.
it happened me only 1 time that a rogue basicly kiled me before i could get out of the second stun . And im pretty sure its PVE gear.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Ele do bad in Arena , they are great in BG / RBG.

Wth i can kite and survive a rogue just i cant kill him cauz he is gonna vanish.
it happened me only 1 time that a rogue basicly kiled me before i could get out of the second stun . And im pretty sure its PVE gear.

Ele will do fine in arena as long as you play the right comp, with skilled players, as well as being skilled yourself. Although i will admit ele has a really terrible survivability rate the damage is there.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Lol actually I do real good 1v1 against rogues, 'bout 90% of them. But any good rogue will 100% an ele shaman in such a short amount of time it's ridiculous. For the people saying "game is not around 1v1", it doesn't matter if it's not a class shouldn't be able to kill you that fast. You think I'm exaggerating the 10 seconds, but I'm really not lol.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Nezzywezzy, ele will not do fine in arenas, you go oom, and you become DEAD WEIGHT to the team. Mages, boomkins, spriests, locks, they don't have that problem.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
Mana is one of the biggest concerns alongside survivability.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Elemental is the only caster in the game without a damage reduction cooldown. They removed Ancestral Shift (which should be reverted) and replaced it with nothing.

Even if you got a Blue response it would be 1 of 2 cookie cutter responses,

1) This is something we're looking into for a future patch
2) This is something we will be addressing in MOTP

All they ever do is tell you how they're going to fix things in the future. They do nothing to fix the problem immediately.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Yea Elemental really needs a healer then they can excel with the very high damage. Against any other caster class you drop Grounding totem right away. Then you have a ranged interupt on a 5 sec CD. I'm fairly noob at it since its my alt spec but I do okay except against good melee. Which is very hard to get away from.
Reply Quote
Here's the update in case you missed it

4.0 - Bye Bye Astral Shift and Burst
|
Inbetween: Shamans crying about
- Lack of defenses and control
- Lack of output and mobility
- Terrible Totem mechanics
- Being balanced in PvE around set bonuses that were unavailable in PvP
|
4.3 - Damage Scaling = Rogues with more burst than Ele Shams and Ele Shams with no control or defense

Other than addressing mobility Blizzard hasn't fixed any of these things.
They have nerfed Tremor, Grounding, Purge, and Healing Surge.
They gave us a bump up in damage, even though we still don't have the damage or burst that many specs bring to PvP and our output cooldown is on a longer cooldown than those specs.

It's no wonder we spent all this time helping The Earthen Ring, obviously a group full of Shaman won't accomplish much on their own.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
01/28/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Lardaz
Nezzywezzy, ele will not do fine in arenas, you go oom, and you become DEAD WEIGHT to the team. Mages, boomkins, spriests, locks, they don't have that problem.

If you're having that much of an issue with mana as ele, put some talent points into convection. Also, I don't know why you don't have any talent points in feedback, it seems more necessary over some talents you have chosen (Acuity doesn't do all that much).

Stacking Mastery also can help slightly with mana issues as you get more free spells off, though they are 75% of the power, they still hurt.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
It is so amusing to hear how everyone says "with the right comp" you can do well in arena . what a mind job you have had played on you. Why is it ok for every other class to be albe to fit in where ever but we need to "Fit In" give me a break. You sheep go on and keep believing you will see soon enough. We are at the back of the Bus and we are gonna stay there!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Where WoW messed up is really simple, they let all the sissy classes in the game be able to stun AND heal = wow down fall, and some of them wear plate can you believe it, seriously please grab the KY for us elemental shamans , how many stuns we got? and most of the time my earth bind totem don"t work any way. Stun = Crutch
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]