Cataclysm PVP Feedback

MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
***NOTICE - This thread is 8 months old, please stop necroing it! Post feedback in more recent threads please!***

Hey everyone, given that the majority of Cataclysm is now behind us and Mists is on the horizon I though now would be a good time to compile some solid constructive feedback regarding PVP throughout the Cataclysm expansion. The purpose of the thread is just to convey the critical information about what we as players both liked and didn't like in Cataclysm's PVP and what we really want to see changed or improved for Mists.

(Quick disclaimer: For those that don't know, I and other MVP's are just regular players like yourself, we don't work for Blizzard in any way. I am organizing this feedback purely as a member of the community.)

Keep it respectful, as articulate and to-the-point as you can manage, and most of all keep it constructive. The better our feedback the better our chances of making a positive impact on the upcoming expansion, so if you really want things to improve, put in some good effort here.

This is of course a feedback thread so what you write is up to you but here are some things I would recommend AVOIDING:

• Concerns with the balance of a particular class or spec, balance is going to significantly change in the expansion due in large part to the new talent system, so balance feedback is better saved for the beta.
  • Requesting that Blizzard respond to your concerns about something, the purpose of this thread is to bring our feedback to them, not the other way around.
  • Non-constructive feedback and trolling, again it is important that we provide high quality feedback here if we really want to see our most important issues addressed in game.
  • If you are unsure how best to write it all down, here is a feedback template you can use:

• What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues? (Things that are an inconvenience but don't significantly affect game play or balance)
  • What Cataclysm BG changes/additions did you like?
  • What Cataclysm Arena changes/additions did you like?
  • What Cataclysm General PVP changes/additions did you like?
  • What are your top issues with Battlegrounds in Cataclysm?
  • What are your top issues with Arenas in Cataclysm?
  • What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?

• What already announced Mists PVP changes/additions are you most looking forward to? (here is a summary of what is coming: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424795794 )
  • ________________________________________________
    PVP Forum MVP
    My PVP Blog: Battlemasters.org
    Edited by Eldacar on 8/30/2012 9:59 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    Here is my personal feedback regarding Cata PVP:

What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues? (Things that are an inconvenience but don't significantly affect game play or balance)

I believe that during season transitions the availability new honor gear could be handled better. The current "down-week" where the old conquest gear is made available for honor, only to be supplanted by higher ilvl versions of the same gear a week later is very confusing for most players. I believe just making the new honor gear available during the season transition week would have minimal negative side effects and make everyone much happier. The point conversion would need to be handled slightly differently as well as a result, but I think that is ok.

What Cataclysm BG changes/additions did you like?

My favorite Battleground addition with Cataclysm was Rated BG's, but I also really like Twin Peaks.

What Cataclysm Arena changes/additions did you like?

The new arena team UI, and not having to get a team charter to make a new team.

What Cataclysm General PVP changes/additions did you like?

• I think changing resilience to be flat damage reduction instead of crit/dot reduction was great.

• The move towards unique art for PVP gear each season rather than a slowly evolving single look was a good change.

• The move towards fights lasting longer and healers actually needing to manage their mana was also great (at least for the first season and the beginning of the second, after that gear kinda killed it IMO =/ ).

• What are your top issues with Battlegrounds in Cataclysm?

• Random BG team mismatching is a problem, obviously random BG's are going to be somewhat random by nature, however some system to actively balance the number of healers on each team would go a long way towards evening things up.

• Premades being matched against full pugs, the queue system may need to be tweaked to hold pre-mades in queue longer so that they can be matched against other premades more often.

• Damage in low-lvl BG's is out of control, this is likely a result of the talent and ability scaling changes that came with cataclysm, but I think a flat % damage nerf to low level BG's that slowly tapers out in the higher brackets could help out a lot, healing may need a slight nerf in these low lvl BG's as well as a result.

• Players often have BG's they don't particularly enjoy, the ability to opt-out of 2-3 maps for random queues similar to the system that exists in Starcraft 2 would be amazing.

• Call to Arms weekends could use an overhaul, there are too many battlegrounds in the system for it to cycle in a reasonable amount of time. This problem will only be exacerbated in Mists with the possible addition of three more BG's. Having two BG's in CTA status each weekend would give players more options as well as allow the map list to cycle faster. Pairing maps that are available at a low lvl (like WSG) with maps that are not available until a high lvl (like TP) would also allow low level players to participate in the system more often.

• Bots are also a huge player concern right now, it may be time to add a captcha to BG queueing to help actively prevent bots from entering.

• What are your top issues with Arenas in Cataclysm?

• Fight duration and healers in 2v2 arenas are kind of out of hand, given that there are no major rewards tied to 2v2 I think it may be a good idea to cut the time limit for 2v2 matches down to 10 or 15 min.

• The lack of an MMR wipe after the MMR exploiting that happened towards the end of season 9 lead to players climbing to unreasonably high ratings in the beginning of season 10 and then sitting on those ratings for the rest of the season. It really damaged competition among more serious arena players who felt that Rank 1 titles and Gladiator became significantly more difficult to achieve through legitimate means, and that many of the players who did get the titles essentially exploited the system for them. In the future when wide spread exploitations are found in rating systems, I think having rating and MMR wipes follow the correction of the exploit would do a lot to increase faith in the system and foster a spirit of legitimate competition.

• Continued -
    Edited by Eldacar on 1/28/2012 1:19 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    Continuation -

What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?

• Crowd Control:
    I think the state of crowd control in PVP is possibly the biggest issue in the PVP side of the game right now. There are so many different forms of CC flying around that a player can easily spend the majority of a PVP engagement CC'ed in some fashion. My general reasoning for why this is a problem is this; the longer a player is CC'ed in any given PVP engagement, the less their skill as a player is affecting the outcome of that engagement.

I think the amount CC abilities players have, and the amount of CC a player is able to get hit with in a single engagement or time period needs to be significantly scaled back. Classes/specs that are currently heavily dependent on their CC abilities for survival should be compensated with other defensive abilities that affect the caster rather than the target (blink, disengage, shieldwall, iceblock, etc).

There is a great deal of skill involved in timing when to use some CC's, particularly the ones that have long cool downs, and avoiding them also involves skill which is why it is important to leave some of these abilities intact. However abilities like sheep, fear, cyclone, etc that can be spammed non-stop with little to no drawback, encourage players to just spam these abilities rather than really think about when and how to use them. In my view there should be real meaningful choices involved in CC'ing someone, it shouldn't just be spam by default.

• Damage vs Resilience scaling:
    At the beginning of Cataclysm PVP combat tended to last longer than it does currently, I believe this is in large part due to the disparity between the speed at which damage and damage reduction both scaled with gear. With each new tier of gear the amount of damage players could output simply went up more than the player's ability to absorb that damage, as a result everyone dies faster. Resilience may need to scale a bit better in mists in order to keep pace.

• PVE items in PVP:
    Allowing high end PVE weapons and trinkets in PVP has put a lot of pressure on competitive PVP'ers to get PVE in order to stay competitive. I would like to suggest that just PVE weapons and trinkets be banned from rated PVP, but still allowed in non-rated PVP. This would allow people to use and enjoy the items they have earned without creating competitive pressure on rated players.

• Income for PVP:
    I think it would be a good idea to add some limited gold rewards to random BG's in addition to the honor awarded. Allowing players to earn a meager amount of gold from PVP would really help out the players who spend most of their time PVPing.

• What already announced Mists PVP changes/additions are you most looking forward to? (here is a summary of what is coming: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424795794 )

• The revised talent system looks amazing, I honestly cant remember the last time I was this excited for a single game change, it should have a huge impact on PVP.
  • The new Battlegrounds, particularly the Valley of Power, it looks like a blast.
  • The renewed focus on encouraging natural world PVP has got me really excited too. The idea of something like the old tarren mill vs southshore battles returning is really something worth looking forward to.
  • ________________________________________________
    PVP Forum MVP
    My PVP Blog: Battlemasters.org
    Reply Quote
    I think a thread like this is a really good idea Eldacar.

As far as I'm concerned, you touched on every point of Battle Ground PvP issues that I would bring up. I'm not to up-to-date on how SC2 deals with random queues, could you elaberate a little? It sounds as though you can choose a few maps not to particapate in from a queue list?

Is that accurate? That's amazing if it is. A system following those lines would improve my personal BG quality of life immensely. I stay within BG's, and like to level though them. When I get to certain plataeu's I start to dread queueing up randoms knowing what awaits me.

I'm looking at you, Isle of Conquest :P

Reply Quote
    90 Orc Shaman
    01/28/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Eldacar

-pve gear
    -damage vs healing vs regen
    -the complete lack of timely fixes for nearly any pvp problem, mmr abuse, bg ques for horde in s9, class balance on obvious problems like frost mage mastery, vengence, ect
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Death Knight
    PVP Feedback

Get pve gear out of Arena.
    No class should be capable of doing 50% of anyone's health in a single combo or ability.
    Less instant CC.
    Less extremely short cooldown 10 second CC
    No class should have access to 3 types of CC.
    Drinking should not be allowed in arena.
    Every Man for Himself should be given to all players and humans given a new racial.
    All races should have a Tank, DPS and Healing Racial benefit.
    All racials should be meticulously balanced.
    More rewards outside of armor and weapons for Arena and Battlegrounds.
    Reply Quote
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    I think a thread like this is a really good idea Eldacar.

As far as I'm concerned, you touched on every point of Battle Ground PvP issues that I would bring up. I'm not to up-to-date on how SC2 deals with random queues, could you elaberate a little? It sounds as though you can choose a few maps not to particapate in from a queue list?

Essentially the way it works is before you queue up in SC2 you can opt-out of 3 of the 8 possible maps. Doing this essentially has the system place you on those maps far less frequently (but it still occasionally happens).
    Edited by Eldacar on 1/28/2012 7:21 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    01/28/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Eldacar
    Essentially the way it works is before you queue up in SC2 you can opt-out of 3 of the 8 possible maps. Doing this essentially has the system place you on those maps far less frequently (but it still occasionally happens).

I really need to get SC2. That system sounds perfect, and it keeps the random in the random, so to speak.

Lets face it. Many players have most beloved BG's and their [constructively not-so-favourite] BG's. This gives everyone options to choose from. If I could vote on only one thing to change, this would pretty much be this.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Priest
    LNC
    01/28/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Eldacar
    What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues? (Things that are an inconvenience but don't significantly affect game play or balance)

As a shadow priest, I rely on teammates to peel for me as much as any healer does. While this only affects (effect?) me when i'm playing solo, i'm only as good as my temmates in any rated pvp. I'm usually the first DPS to get targeted, and if they don't peel, i'm dead. Every other caster has a spamable CC, short interupt, or speed boost.

Going to state what I mostly don't like.

I'm guessing they took the feedback from IoC and SoTA and avoided vehicle battlegrounds in Cata. Gilneas and TP are great battlegrounds.

I do hate the time limit on battlegrounds. This should be removed since most FC maps end before the 25 min mark. THis is because if the game drags on long enough, the FC gets enough debuff stacks and will eventually die to any focused assault. Only reason I think Blizz is retaining the 25 min mark is so people can't troll BGs and reset the flag every couple stacks.

I would take out honor for losing too, but buff honor gained from going for map objectives. I rage when people want to zerg AV to make it quick honor, or when people just 'let them win' so they can queue again.

Take out last cap wins too. It really doesn't make sense that you can win a game when the score is tied.

Also the lack of fixes in battlegrounds. I've lost a handful of RBGs since we couldn't cap a flag. The stumps and obstacles in WSG should LoS just like in TP.

Rated battlegrounds are awesome in general. Great alternative for rated PvP besides arena. I just feel sorry for the top ranked people in the world that they took away the Gladiator mount from them. Basically anyone can get the gladiator mount now if they win 75 rateds.

Just imagine how much rage there would be if you got the Arena gladiator mount from 300 arena wins?

I'm going to state what I didn't like. Since there were no positive changes to arena.

They took out arena tabards. They were a status symbol that many people strived for after they recieved their T2 wep.

They took out Skirmishes. I was so !@#$ing proud back in S8, the only season i took seriously, when I recieved my T1 wep in 2s. I wouldn't be able to achieve that since I practiced for hours on end in skirmishes. Positioning, LoS, cooldowns, burst, interupts etc. It was my only means of practice since my partner only logged on 2 hours a week.

They didn't add any new arena maps. There were multiple bugs with many maps too that went unfixed for months.

They took out rating from gear. This was my motivation to actually push rating in Arena. It motivated me to get another 100 rating, so I can purchase my weapon or chest piece. Now I can just get a semi decent rating in RBGs, and still get a better conq cap then some excellent arena players out there.

That Blizzard ignores the PvP playerbase.

They leave bugs unfixed for months on end. If it was PvE, it would be fixed within a week.

Obvious MMR exploiters went unbanned.

DIdn't reset MMR for 2 whole seasons. This allowed S9 glads to get glad again in S10 in just 20-30 wins.

Warriors were OP. They nerfed them. Now they are pretty much unviable in any type of rated pvp. (arms that is)

Same for resto druids.

Legendaries / PvE gear should be banned from rated PvP.
    Edited by Xista on 1/28/2012 1:50 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Warlock

Stuns, CCs, lock outs, silences. Too much Crowd control in this expansion. That and melee having a huge advantage over ranged (sitting on a toon using insta castes that do more dmg than a 3.5 second caste nuke).

Adding conquest points to random BGs. I do not like the two new BGs, but that is a matter of taste.

What are your top issues with Battlegrounds in Cataclysm?

Vehicle BGs. I dislike seeing SoTA but do not mind IoC as it is a 40 man. I like the huge, chaotic battles in 40 mans.

This is insane burst, melee instacaste death to casters, the addon "Kill the healer", the masses of CC (it is not fun to be chained to death, when a melee jumps on you all you can do is insta castes and wait to die).

Bots, lots and lots of bots. Not as many as in the end of vanilla but still enough to effectively wreck a significant protion of my enjoyment.

The lack of a pvp weapon for season 1. If I want to pvp that is what I want to do. Don't compel me into a dungeon to p/u a weapon to pvp with.

Gear matching in random BGs, they said they would do this in the first expansion, try it and it failed. It is a good(ish) idea. Put low level resil toons together, high resil toons together and put bots and all 0s scoring toons together. Parameters can be hammered out latter.

More later.

Edit:

I would like to see buffs that persist through deaths in BGs. Having you die the first time it is a nightmare to get rebuffed or to sit, rez, rebuff and mount. If the class is present just give me the buff at rez instead of wasting GCDs to get it.

Low level pvp was out of wack for this expansion. Hunters dominating early brackets. And BOAs conferring huge advantages as well. Blizz did do good by nerfing ambush to a more manageable level.

I liked the return of the old ranks. I did not like that they can only be achieved via rated BGs. I like my pvp chaotic and filled with wild discord (i.e. read random BGs).

I did like that certain buffs got taken off GCD. Would like if all did.

I am interested in seeing how stacking resil will work through leveling. Maybe this will fix some of the lower bracket and fresh level capped pvp issues.

I also did not like seeing tank specs equipped with pve gear being viable in randoms. You rock top line pve you should be a free hk to a mid-level pvp geared toon.
    Edited by Bubblykiss on 1/28/2012 2:23 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    85 Night Elf Warrior
    RBGs

I was happy that they added this feature, and I look at this as the best PvP feature of Cataclysm.

I think many players were frustrated about not being able to access this feature due to limited PvP player pools on particular realms. It would be nice if they could create some sort of lobby where teams could be formed, and communication set up.

Gearing

Removing rating requirements on most gear was appropriate. Why create gear disparities where the rich get richer? Ultimately, let skill and organization decide a match.

On that basis, I supported the acquisition of CP through random BGs. No sense keeping the casuals down. If they want to grind like mad, let them.

Random BGs

It was a big win having all the battlegroups merged (to an extent). After dealing with initial queue bugs, the queues became very fast for both factions.

One proposal that I am in favour of is the ability to opt out of certain BG types through random BG selection.

Twin Peaks was a successful addition. BoG was just kinda ok.

Outdoor PvP Zones - TB

Not nearly as entertaining as WG. I am disappointed to here that there will not be a similar zone in MoP

WPvP

Many of us are disappointed at the neglect of WPvP. Please do your best in MoP to encourage it (rewards) and not discourage it like you did in Cata (excessive guard spam)
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Rogue
    Good -

Conquest for random bugs

Bad -

Take PvP trinkets and legendaries out of PvP

Fix AV. You made it worse, everyone knows it's worse. Own up to your mistakes and fix it instead of making excuses.

Reassure us that you learned your lesson that vehicles have no place in PvP

T2 Weapons are too much more powerful than T1 weapons. PvP needs to be about skill not gear. If you're going to have gear levels, then you have to give everyone access to the same gear, or just admit that PvP isn't supposed to be about skill.

Remove or alter more no-skill abilities from PvP. Lay on hands, for instance, should be reduced by 50% in PvP. Smoke bomb should either be eliminated, or at least shortened by 2.5 seconds (and take it off of prep). Cheat death is stupidly cheap, and impact stuns or speed for frost is ridiculous.

PvP means repairs as well as enchant/gem costs - give us equivalent income as pve people.

Let us opt out of two BGs at least.

Why do pve players get the vast majority of cool mounts and non-combat-pets? Fix please.

Make each random by start with at least 2 healers and role mark them as such (so we can kick them if they change after queueing) . 1 against 4 heals really sucks.

How is any new player supposed to learn how to purge/dispel properly? Very bad interface and ingame help for this especially cossider that a given player can have 20+ buffs/debuffs listed.

Please put more spells on the same dr schedule. The amount of time spent in cc is pretty stupid right now. Reset the arms race.

Speaking of which, maybe make casters actually have to cast again? Crazy concept I know. Eliminate some ccs and interrupts and we wont have cracked up fire mages and holy pallies tweaking out across the map casting instants or on-the-move spells 90% of the time.

Please have some presence in the forums so we can pretend you care about pvp 1/10th as much as you do about pve.
    Reply Quote
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    Not nearly as entertaining as WG. I am disappointed to here that there will not be a similar zone in MoP

I have got to say I am personally glad they are not doing another Wintergrasp/TB. They are basically an outdoor Battleground that only last for one expansion. I would MUCH rather have that time and those resources devoted to building a new BG that will be a permanent addition.

WPvP
    Many of us are disappointed at the neglect of WPvP. Please do your best in MoP to encourage it (rewards) and not discourage it like you did in Cata (excessive guard spam)

I have got high hopes for WPVP in Mists, they seem to be moving towards encouraging natural world PVP (pushing players together in quest areas, limiting flying, competing for mobs). I think that is the best direction to go in, artificial/scripted world PVP like TB just doesn't have the same feel IMO. They are also trying to push people out into the world more at lvl cap, NPC's are supposed to be scattered around in small poorly guarded settlements rather than all in one fortress of a hub city, which is great. Having world bosses out and about like old school Azergos will be great too.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Rogue
    I forgot to add another in the "good" category - of all the mmos ive played and pvp'd in over the years, WoW has the smoothest, most responsive combat, with the best audio and visual feedback. That's why I stick with it in wow even though there are bad parts. The good way outweighs the bad, particularly compared to other games.

Edit, to add a wish-list topic: add a LFR for random bgs. On my server (alliance Sargeras), its not unusual to see trade chat: LFM Low MMR RBGS, 1500+. Seriously, 1500+ is low rated? And on other servers they cant get enough for even onerbg group. Keep the same scoring system, so you're likely to fall in ratings compared to a guild premade, but give people the option please.
    Edited by Discoepfeand on 1/28/2012 2:47 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Priest
    LNC
    01/28/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Eldacar
    I have got high hopes for WPVP in Mists, they seem to be moving towards encouraging natural world PVP (pushing players together in quest areas, limiting flying, competing for mobs). I think that is the best direction to go in, artificial/scripted world PVP like TB just doesn't have the same feel IMO. They are also trying to push people out into the world more at lvl cap, NPC's are supposed to be scattered around in small poorly guarded settlements rather than all in one fortress of a hub city, which is great. Having world bosses out and about like old school Azergos will be great too.

I hope the WPvP isn't... gated (best term i think) like tol barad. I only get into TB once a month on my realm if i'm lucky. Bad design if they make a large zone dedicated to PvP, but only 10 people get in every 2 hours.

Also cata has world bosses. But we all know how they turned out.
    Reply Quote
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    01/28/2012 02:50 PMPosted by Xista
    Also cata has world bosses. But we all know how they turned out.

The world bosses in cata are aimed at groups of about 5 players, and drop mediocre loot. The world bosses in Mists are going to be raid encounters that drop raid quality loot, they will also (most likely) spawn more often. The idea is to encourage players to compete over them.
    Reply Quote
    8 Undead Mage
    I liked that they brought new maps. I didn't like the maps themselves, but I liked that they actually did something for us BGers.
    N/A
    What Cataclysm General PVP changes/additions did you like?
    I liked the conquest point addition to random BGs, so at least I could actually get the same - well close to the same gear as arena folks.
    1. I cannot play the way I want and be equally rewarded as people who for example like arena. The conquest point addition was nice, but it's really just a trickle compared to what you can gain in arena.

You should be able to get the same exact rewards for any form of PVP in my opinion.

PVP should be about the act of PVP itself, not about the rewards. While I understand that people like to be rewarded, I feel that different tiers of rewards are really just punishment for people don't "play the right way".

2. BG queues. This basically is an extension of the above. I know they added a random BG queue because no one wanted to play SotA, and they sweetened up the deal by giving you a bonus, but all it really translated to was a punishment for playing the way you wanted to.

If I want to play AV all day long, I have to miss out on the bonus for spending the same amount of time. That is basically punishing me for playing how I want to play.

When I PVP, when I really want to PVP, I am not there for the reward - but, at the same time, I feel like I'm being cheated if I don't play a random BG. I hate most of the random BGs. They're just bad.
    What are your top issues with Arenas in Cataclysm?
    The fact that they still get gear 100x faster than me if I am doing BGs.
    World PVP punishes you for dying. It's always been this way, but it's an extremely outdated mechanism. If you die in the world (anywhere actually) you are punished more and more each death, in that you have to wait longer and longer to rez.

When you do rez, you're all wounded and at half resources, with no buffs anyway - and during that time the person that killed you has already buffed up, wandered off, had a sandwich, came back, did a little dance, and is still all healthy and ready to go and kill you again, when you finally are able to rez ... half dead.

This is basically their whole philosophy with PVP. If you lose, you are punished, so let's reward the person that wins even more. People that are at the top of arena have always got the best gear. People that do the BGs they want to do, don't get squat, because they don't get the bonus, and they don't get conquest points, so they'll be hundreds of days behind (literally) on gear if they play the way they want to.

It's just bad PVP philosophy. Unfortunately, it looks like their only potential future competitor (Guild Wars 2) has decided this is an awesome idea, and they've thrown out the idea of balancing PVP on large scale battles. Just terrible.

I don't want more vehicle combat.
    I want a huge war-field, jam packed with people, and sure, throw in some NPCs.
    I want to be a part of an ongoing war against the other faction.
    I don't want to run back and forth waving little flags at each other.

I want a war, not a relay race.

Go dig up the guy that made classic AV, and throw a truck load of money at him, and ask him nicely if he'll restore AV to its glory days as a separate queue, with scaling NPCs that remain a hard fight regardless of the gear levels. Then if he's really in a good mood, ask him to make a few more AV maps. Say Orc vs Night Elves, a real fight over Ashenvale and the Barrens instead of playing with flags. Maybe actually put the real Battle for Gilneas in.
    looking forward to?
    Murderball.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just flat out copy Mourkain Temple. Steal it. Please. Just copy it exactly. Don't break murderball. PLEASE don't break murderball. I beg of you, don't break murderball.
    Edited by Phemoir on 1/28/2012 3:16 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    8 Undead Mage
    01/28/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Eldacar
    Players often have BG's they don't particularly enjoy, the ability to opt-out of 2-3 maps for random queues similar to the system that exists in Starcraft 2 would be amazing.
    They don't actually need an opt-out.

They just need to use the Dungeon Finder code that is already in place, and let you queue for random if you like (with no bonus, just build that into every game you play), or you choose 'specific', and you get a full list of check boxes, and you just add a check mark to every one you used to queue for.

The code is already in place, just re-use it!

We used to be able to queue for all of them if we wanted to, and if one queue popped, we would stay in the queues for the others! I know this lead to people jumping from one game to the next, so they could get in the one they REALLY wanted to be in, but it was still a nice system.

(merged posts)

I forgot one:

BUILD IN SOME TIMERS! Why do I have to run DBM to know how long a base has until it caps? Why do people keep having to ask "does anyone have timers"? Everyone wants timers. We want to know how long we have on bases.

Build that in.

edit - Also I would like the loading screen for the particular BG to show what the objectives are, how they work, list points of interest, etc. Or possibly put this on the PVP panel where it shows each one (for when you go to solo-queue for it).

Actually, make a PVP Journal that is a side-panel popup, that pops up from the PVP queue. Just like the dungeon journal thing that tells you about all the bosses, make one for each BG, that tells you how to play it. Just a thing showing the map, with a key that shows each point, and tells how they're capture or what not.

Do this AND the thing on the loading screen that is just a super brief recap with objective highlights. Instead of showing me a picture all drawn out of people standing by a blacksmith shop, show me the map with key points highlighted and text of what to do.
    Edited by Phemoir on 1/29/2012 4:49 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    8 Undead Mage
    (merged threads, I guess it wont' let me delte this)
    Edited by Phemoir on 1/29/2012 4:50 PM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]