Cataclysm PVP Feedback

MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
BUILD IN SOME TIMERS! Why do I have to run DBM to know how long a base has until it caps? Why do people keep having to ask "does anyone have timers"? Everyone wants timers. We want to know how long we have on bases.

Build that in.

That would be really nice, as well as unit frames for the flag carriers in CTF.
Edited by Eldacar on 1/28/2012 7:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
-Tanks should not DPS

-Healers should not be able to survive 3 or more DPS on them

-Reduce amount of CC

-Rogues shouldn't be able to lolcloak and vanish freely if something goes wrong

-Improved Death Strike should not increase Death Strike damage at all. There is NO reason for this. None.

-PVE items should be unuseable in battlegrounds and Bloodthirsty PVP gear should be available for free upon hitting 85.

-Frost mages. Why would you give a class a ridiculous amount of CC and then increase their damage when the target is CC'd.

-Stop trying to balance PVP and PVE with the same system for abilities.

-Nerf self heals for DPS to the ground
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
87 Tauren Paladin
-Improved Death Strike should not increase Death Strike damage at all. There is NO reason for this. None.

I believe Death Strike damage got buffed to improve blood DK damage for PVE. But regardless once vengeance is nerfed for PVP in the coming patch I don't think tank DPS will be a big problem.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

• What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues? (Things that are an inconvenience but don't significantly affect game play or balance)
  • Still some annoying pet mechanics, like simply getting touched by an AoE reducing your pet to walking speed while you're mounted.
  • What Cataclysm BG changes/additions did you like?
  • Gilneas/TP are pretty good. Just re-skins, but the games work.
  • What are your top issues with Arenas in Cataclysm?
  • PvE gear really screwing the hell out of a pretty balanced game otherwise.
  • What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?

• PvE gear really screwing the hell out of a pretty balanced game otherwise.
    IoC and AV still being in the game. They're fine maps, but they really just don't work in PUG PvP.

Reply Quote
    85 Orc Warrior
    Mages/Rogues

Balanced.

Sorry I had to be that guy :/

Edit: As I get killed over and over by rogues who dodge everything I throw at them, I take back this apology.
    Edited by Brochacho on 1/28/2012 6:47 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Goblin Warlock
    My biggest issue has always been with my main class the warlock. The sheer fact that after SL/SL came out that every warlock had to get soul link annoyed me a great deal. The class was then rebalanced to have soul link, might as well make it a passive honestly or just let us wear higher level armor. I can very well say that without soul link the class would be broken and that is not good. I did not like the direction the warlock class went because of the balancing around soul link. Instead of becoming the high cc , high burst damage dealers we became the high cc, tank, steady damage dealers. Destruction has always been my favorite spec to begin with and the fact that it had only a few seasons were it was viable was really annoying. Most of the time it has always been affliction, dot dot dot dot dot dot dot. Another situation I had was with CC.

CC has always been a pain for many classes since the beginning of WoW, things have been done to try to limit the amount of CC going out there but more needs to be done. Now some people will argue that most classes would then become non-viable. But lets be honest here if classes get broken because of a CC ability becoming more limited then that class is an incomplete class. There should be more abilities in the game that are like Blink, where it is situational and it gets you away from the opposing player. They tried doing it for warlocks too through demonic teleport, which helps enormously, but lets says say in your battling that your death coil gets dodged(cloak of shadows)....... your probability of winning the fight will be dramatically lowered. That is not right and that should never be the case. Being a more skilled player should play a higher factor.

I strongly believe that CC is something that needs to be more limited and having it so the character can not be CCed for more than 10 seconds TOTAL is a great change, heck maybe even make it 8 Seconds. If classes get broken well the class was already broken to begin with and the class needs to be looked at more carefully. CC is something that no matter how good or bad a player is their potential contribution to a battle becomes automatically 0. Stunned, feared, charmed, sapped, sheeped, cycloned, or even ensnared in some cases, a trinket can only get you so much people :P. (I also believe the fact that we are reliant on having a PvP trinket is also a dumb thing that needs looking at)

-Ninos
    Edited by Ninos on 1/28/2012 6:58 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    -Mana is not a resource for healers in PvP.
    -Remove Mana burn or give Resource Burn, removing melee resources i.e. runes, energy and rage
    -Too many CC abilities
    -Way too many Silence/interrupt abilities
    -Not enough disarm abilities (anti melee)
    -Too many anti snare abilities (rendering such snare abilities useless..... unless your an OP Frost mage of course)
    -Too much Stun and STUN FAMILY locking
    -Disparity in defensive cooldowns for classes, i.e. MOONKINS
    -Isle of Conquest, Strand of the Ancients and Alterac Valley should not be part of "random BG's", no one likes them- at all. More specifically siege warfare is lame and does not scale correctly. (HINT: Glaives in IoC, Turrets in SotA)
    -Do not allow spec changing during preparation or after you queue for a random BG. -->Force the system to only allow a certain number of heals/game.
    -->Reconsider allowing tanks into BG's
    -Stop allowing wind shear to interrupt through anti silence (priest inner focus talent)----this talent is suppose to prevent this for a few seconds -_-

Theres more but let me go rage a few random BGs then come back.

Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Mages/Rogues

Balanced.

Sorry I had to be that guy :/

Edit: As I get killed over and over by rogues who dodge everything I throw at them, I take back this apology.

Thank you! 8) Everyone agrees with you, don't worry.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    -Tanks should not DPS

-Healers should not be able to survive 3 or more DPS on them

-Reduce amount of CC

-Rogues shouldn't be able to lolcloak and vanish freely if something goes wrong

-PVE items should be unuseable in battlegrounds and Bloodthirsty PVP gear should be available for free upon hitting 85.

-Frost mages. Why would you give a class a ridiculous amount of CC and then increase their damage when the target is CC'd.

-Stop trying to balance PVP and PVE with the same system for abilities.

-Nerf self heals for DPS to the ground

Everything you just said is perfect!

Especially:

Nerf Rogue LOLcloak and 6.8k recoup tics (YES 6.8k!)
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Druid
    Oh something positive about Cataclysm pvp.....

hmmm...

OH! I like the map for Twin Peaks.

Thats all.
    Reply Quote
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    87 Tauren Paladin
    Phbalanced could you possible condense all that into one post? I don't know why 5 in a row was necessary =/
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    01/28/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Xista
    They leave bugs unfixed for months on end. If it was PvE, it would be fixed within a week

Bugs are the number one disaster of BGs today, and Blizz has turned a cold shoulder to PVP players. They don't even admit they exist much less fix any.

How many times do you need to get shot thru some solid object you cant walk or run through, to know Line of sight is broken?

How many BGs must I spend jumping up and down on the cap spot, only to have nothing happen, when I have the horde flag and mine is returned and sitting there?
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Priest
    LNC
    ^
    Had a weird bug the other day.

Had a rogue jump off the side of EoTS, and he was ported to the Barren's GY. Lost the RBG since we were down 9-10
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Death Knight
    #1 issue imo

Basically balance dks are stupid all i do is lolol howling blast blah blah 5mil dmg with 15 mins left.....blah rogues hit me for 30k, ferals eat me so i have dmg and low !@# amount of survival against melee mk....almost fair except i can randomly crit someone for idk 50k?
    class balance is #1 issue can blizz actually make this games pvp balanced? probably not seeing theyd have to break this game more then its all ready broken they cant just say "mages can 40k shatter someone for half there health and cc the entire team" its stuff they cant say LETS NERF DIS AND DAT GUYS ITS OK. ppl complain about dks, mages, rogues, rshams, warriors, basically every class has something to complain about. ya mages do some mad hard dmg, and cc. ya dks do some mad hard dmg. rogues have everything cool. resto shamans are op....ya can heal like a champ and never die. theres op stuff on every class warriors have a 25% healing debuff. priest can remove EVERYTHING from a pally well most of there stuff itleast. dks eat the dmg. mages cc everything from africa and back. rogues can do the same except dont take a crazy amount of dmg. resto shams have jesus totems. resto druids have a insanely overpowered cc. shadow priest can do no dmg, and then the next second get someone insanely low, plus have dot dmg, and can dispell alot of crap. paladins can insta cast for like 50k+. warlocks can do spread dmg so high its almost unhealable. hunters can do insta cc, and do a lot of dmg. blizzard cant help that every class in the game has some kind of utility that is op. deal with it they cant fix all of it or they ruin the game more......
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Death Knight
    Other then my huge paragraph though honestly im pretty happy with cata pvp i do like RBGs, as i like arena. I think RBGs were a pretty B.A thing to put in game its a bit hard on lower pop servers to get em going, and itleast be successful. But really cata pvp isnt half bad i do think there have been some pretty dumb buffs, or nerfs but eh w.e
    Reply Quote
    70 Orc Warlock
    01/28/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Eldacar
    What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues? (Things that are an inconvenience but don't significantly affect game play or balance)

Having many classes with many buffs to reapply after dying in a BG. It could be considered a minor balance concern as well, because you're sitting in the GY buffing rather than leaving...which can hold your team up.

01/28/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Eldacar
    What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?

PvE gear. It's totally ridiculous. My 5000 resilience Blood DK (FCer for RBGs) went from 100%-40% within a Cheap Shot because of a PvE trinket.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    These are my very simple suggestions, take them with a grain of salt.

1: Class Limit:

Limit of 2 of each class for BGs, eg: You can't have more then 2 rogues, 2 mages, 2 paladins, etc. I feel this has been needed for a long time. It is very frustrating to get put against a team that consists of 4 rogues, 3 mages, and 3 paladins. I know mentioning of classes if frowned upon, but there are tons of absurd "uncounterable" combinations. When you have a lot of one class, and the other team has a mixture of classes, the team with more of 1 class is usually a lot stronger simply because they can coordinate much easier, as well as having much more control of the battle. Is is never fun to run in with a healer and 2 other DPS classes, only to be absolutely destroyed by say 3 rogues, 3 mages, 3warriors, or 3 feral druids with their healer. It is the same amount of players, but be honest, who has the advantage?

2: Further map balancing / changes

We all know the issues with AV, and that Alliance has the advantage, as well as the Twin Peaks flag capture bug, Warsong bugs with the flag, many other issues that need to be ironed out. I am not aware of many bugs with the map, and I know it is very difficult for blizzard to make a completely balanced map, "perfection" so to speak, because no one is perfect. I just feel some of the maps need revisiting, as well as ironing out the bugs.

3: PvE items and PvP

I'll be blunt with this. PvP items you can obtain at the highest levels is very good gear, however there is imbalancing issues when people bring in Heroic tier PvE weapons, Heroic Item 2 piece set bonuses, or even Legendary weapons (see Staff, and rogue daggers, shadowmourne, Warglaives in BC). I commend the players dedication for gaining these items, which is very difficult, but the problem arised when Blizzard removed the "heroic pvp" gear IE: 2200+ higher item level items and changed them to simple recolors. The change/fix here is too either reinstate the heroic pvp items to counter the heroic pve items, or completely remove the ability to use heroic pve, or legendary items in PvP.
    Edited by Feargx on 1/28/2012 11:10 PM PST
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]