Cataclysm PVP Feedback

01/28/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Eldacar
What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues? (Things that are an inconvenience but don't significantly affect game play or balance)

From a QoL preceptive the random bg's don't "appear" to be random. Sometimes I just don't really feel like playing one particular map and if it is that maps BG weekend then I really am at a burden.

What Cataclysm BG changes/additions did you like?

I like the Twin Peaks map. It has even made me enjoy WSG more because now I have a variety of CTF maps.

What Cataclysm Arena changes/additions did you like?

I can take it or leave it when it comes to Arena. There weren't any changes that I disliked.

What Cataclysm General PVP changes/additions did you like?

The conquest points awards to random bg's was a nice addition.

What are your top issues with Battlegrounds in Cataclysm?

The constant/reoccurring bugs (flag cap delay, random dc's) or class balance that may get a slight mention by a blue but then nothing is updated/reported for months. Some of these aren't even listed on the known bug threads in the bug forum. The lack of communication is disturbing. Blizzard goes to a lot of trouble to create a competitive aspect of their game (Arena and RBG) but then gives the appearance that it is an afterthought. The lack of feedback/communication is my biggest concern. On that note if Blizzard deems something as working as intended or it is not a top priority then say that as well. Bad news is still better than no news.

What are your top issues with Arenas in Cataclysm?

See above Arena statement.

What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?

There has never been a War in World of Warcraft. I would like to see a pvp aspect that actually changes the dynamic of the game that makes the fight worth fighting. The PvP Seasons could be expanded to include Arena, RBG and WPvP. Make all Zones attackable (or place an attackable Keep in certain zones) with significant rewards for the winner. The zones could revert back to their original state every X number of hours but the faction that controlled the area get resources/score that accumulate over the course of the season (i.e. Gates of AQ opening).

TL;DR version - Fix bugs, open more lines of communication, put the War in Warcraft.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
My 2 cents:

DISLIKES:
-AV Zergfest: Add triggers/objectives within the bg that have to be completed before entering DB/Keep. Maybe gates that open after a certain amount of resources are collected (ie: collect 1500 points & battering rams are dropped to be used to break down gates). Or just restore AV to it's former self (ie: epic battleground) & remove from random BG list.
-AV turn-ins: At least make turning in armor scraps & AV loot easier than porting to DB/Keep to turn them in & having to ride all the way back to the front line.

CLASSES:
-Rogues stealthing while in combat (c'mon... really?). If you poke the monkey & he slaps you silly, you should lose the ability to run & hide... at least for a short duration.

WORLD PVP:
-Give us a reason to get back to STV & Southshore pvping! Seems like there is no area where horde & ally intersect anymore.

SUGGESTIONS:
-Random BG resil filter: it's been mentioned before about dividing pugs into different bg groups based on character resil levels.
-PVP-only quest line: Give hardcore pvp-ers a dedicated quest line or two.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
-PVP-only quest line: Give hardcore pvp-ers a dedicated quest line or two.

I love this idea!!!

I would be REALLY excited for MoP if I found out that I could level to 90 almost purely through pvp and still reach cap a few days in advance of the first arena/bg season (without taking any time off of work).

Also, I like the way that gear has transitioned at the start of the past two seasons. It gives everyone the opportunity to catch up and be on equal playing field in between seasons, especially those who recently renewed an account or decided to switch to another class as their main.
Edited by Kylos on 1/31/2012 9:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
This thread has gotten so big that most people don't even bother to read any of it and just post their remarks to the title and to the questions in the original post which have been answered over and over and it is always the same responses over and over.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
01/31/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Lightblade
This thread has gotten so big that most people don't even bother to read any of it and just post their remarks to the title and to the questions in the original post which have been answered over and over and it is always the same responses over and over.

I don't think this thread is meant as a discussion thread, but more as a place for players to voice their feedback about pvp. It doesn't matter if you haven't read pages 2-25.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
01/31/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Lightblade

I think that's sort of the point of the thread. It seems like it's a way to aggregate opinions and personal experience of those players who care enough to post in a direct "feedback to the devs" mode. It's not really a discussion or debate in the way many threads often go. I was thinking how nice that we aren't "arguing back and forth" about what we like and don't or what we would like to see added or changed. Those discussions are fine but often digress into bickering, ad hominem attacks, demagoguery and factionalization arguments. This is a nice break from that.

If I were GC or some other Blizz guy, I'd read the whole thing and try to get some sense of pattern of feedback. It's clear from this thread anyway that a.) many people are feeling that loss of control of their character is not fun and b.) it seems like they didn't solve the burst dps, cc until dead problem. It also seems clear that there's a few classes that are particularly aggravating to see in a pvp situation, probably not coincidentally those are also classes that are founded on CC

have been answered over and over and it is always the same responses over and over

That's exactly the point of the thread, it gives a chance for people to indepently give their opinion and if something is said over and over and over, it probably bears review by Blizzard.

If the pattern is found that most people don't like AV in its current incarnation, then the responsible approach would to look at why and see if changes are reasonable.

Honestly, I really like this thread but there's an issue here about "self selection bias". After all, this thread contains the voices of people who are here w/ a certain set of motivations. Whether we represent the WoW pvp base (or potential base outside of those would like to pvp and don't) or not is not known. We could be the "vocal minority". We could also be the voice representing the majority. There's no way of knowing.

What Blizzard should do, but HAS NOT to my knowlege, is send every paying b.net account an email containing a survey that spans all the features of WoW, pvp, pve, lore, immersion, gameplay mechanics, class design, you name it. I could easily see them getting 10's of thousands of responses. If they asked the right questions in the right ways, they would get a really good solid body of evidence as to how their player base feels.

Right now, I think Blizzard uses a lot of indirect metrics. From what I can tell, they use "in game" counters that send them data which tells them "how we spend our time". In other words they measure how much we raid, how much we do random bg's, how much we arena, etc.

The issue with that sort of "feedback" is that "what we do" is influenced on "how they reward us". In other words, they put the best rewards in raids and therefore we raid. Tehy see we raid a lot and then say, wow that's apparently what people want to do. But the issue is they have confounded the matter because of the way they induce the player base to do certain things by giving certain aspects of play the best content and the best rewards. Certain features become "self fulfilling" prophecies.

They would do better to just, you know, ask us. Liek say... "hey, if you were dgiven equeal rewards, would you rather raid or juts do 5 man dungeons?" IT's a fair question. I think the reason they don't just "ask us" is that they are afraid of the answeres the ywould get back.

Let's say they find out we really don't like arenas and raids as much as they act like we do. Let's say they give that the most attention as they always have. Then let's say quarterly corporate reports don't look good and key investors whant to look ta their "poll data" and find they didn't reaally respond to what their player base wanted. Taht would look really bad and the would look derelict in their responsibilities to to respond to their consumer base.
Edited by Hellgor on 1/31/2012 10:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I suppose there's nothing to be done about being kicked from a rbg just because they can. Eh doesn't happen too often but its just annoying to be riding back to help an ungrateful group that isn't listening to win the game only to be kicked out.

If we lose then we lost but we still get honor. So I'm good but being kicked out like in mid-cast or right after I've died... or in bad cases right before we lose is impossibly annoying.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Death Knight
Great thread! I love PVP - and it's how I spend most of my wow time. And I'm a casual player - no vent, no set times I play, no arena, no RBG's.

What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues? (Things that are an inconvenience but don't significantly affect game play or balance)

Players who give up as soon as their team falls behind. Players who hide in a bush somewhere and type screeds of abuse while everyone else fights. Bots.

I disagree with the idea of trying to balance healers. We won WSG last night - they had 4 healers, we had none. It was an absolute blast, keeping them all cc'd and working the flag past the middle. I love BG's precisely because they are unpredictable. It's why I get bored of dungeons. I disagree with those that think there are too many slows and cc's - the slows are great because they give you time to think instead of just button mash - the cc's are great because they make the fighting more unpredictable.

The new BG's, even if they were rehashes, it's still good.

Conquest points for wins! More please! I don't play arena. I like the fact I can get the top gear, albeit more slowly. I think conquest points awarded should be doubled for bg wins. It's still much slower earning than arena.

I like the big complex BG's that can unfold in an unpredictable matter. I love AV and IofC. I love the mix of bosses, vehicles, and lots of players. I like knocking down walls. I like SotA. I like a BG that feels and unfolds more like a real war. Capture the flag never grabs me. Ring around the rosey capture this base, lose this base feels contrived. Not that I don't still enjoy those BG's, I honestly enjoy them all. Well, maybe not so much EotS. Not a fan of TB, loved WG. Since it's obvious in this thread that players really seem to gravitate to one type or the other, maybe the random bg finder can record your preferences, and steer you to the type you like.

Bots. I know Blizz is working on it. Keep working! I disagree with all the posters ranting about this class or that. I play a lot, on 4 diff lvl 85 toons, and no class is really overpowered. What I do notice is a big differences in player skill - which is right.

I'd like BG's while levelling to be more fun. They're a bit broken.

What already announced Mists PVP changes/additions are you most looking forward to?

The new BG's sound great! I love that they're inventing new ways to pvp - not just redoing WSG and AB. I'm sad there's no new WG - really had a blast in that place. More world PVP will be fun though.
Reply Quote
I like alot of what Eldacar said in his evaluation of PvP during this expansion.

Here are my two cents:

Low Level PvP - Scale changes need to be made. You can't go into a early bracket game w/o seeing 5/10 Hunters and getting Roflstomped back to your GY and camped for 30 minutes or until they finally decide to cap a flag. Rogues one-shot'ing people with ambush if fairly terrible as well. Either increase the health pools of lower level players or scale down the damage in these early levels.

RBG's - This is too unaccessable. I happen to play on a low population server (my own fault, I know this) but it shouldn't be as hard as it is to put together some RBG groups. In the last 2 months, I have been able to participate in 3 RBG games. I would really like to see some Cross-realm availability either through Real ID or some form of queue system. Real ID makes more sense b/c you can control who is in your group. If you went to some type of queue system, there would need to be checks implemented such as: PvP gear equal to the highest Honor-purchasable gear (So Season 11 Ruthless now) with the gear gemmed and enchanted (300 Level gems & enchants). That shouldn't be that difficult to do.

Arena - Arena is still to comp based. I can't do arena with my friend b/c of the classes we play which I think is ridiculous. I think Blizzard needs to take a long look at some classes and the amount of control they have on a game. Take mages for instance: a mage can pretty much lock down any melee class from moving at all. Rogues have a 70% slow? Seriously... I really think control has become to much of a novelty for these classes and they are relied upon too much. This leads to comp based teams facerolling others. It just needs to be tweaked in my opinion.

Battlegrounds - I want to see an item level requirement for battlegrounds. Let me tell you a story, a true story that happened yesterday. I queued for an AB CTA yesterday. When I joined I noticed a Worgen DK who had exactly 80,324 Health. Upon instpecting him, I noticed that he was wearing 6 pieces of the original DK starting area quest reward gear. (item level 70) It was not transmorg'd, he had it equipped. I equate battlegrounds to heroic dungeons which means that there should be some type of gear requirement to get in. I am so sick and tired of seeing players roll in wearing level 279, 300, 312 greens and saying, "I've got to start somewhere." The fact is the place they should be starting is in normal dungeons, just like they have to do to qualify for heroics. These people end up being a strain on your entire team and makes winning that much more difficult since they spend the majority of their time at a graveyard. Lastly, there are too many bg's! Please do not add 3 more. I would accept 1, but 3 is just too much overkill.

Bots - This is still a huge problem. It seems that every bg I enter these is someone from either side doing this. The main problem is that you rely on the other players to report them. The problem with that is we have to stop what we're doing to report them. Alot of players won't take the time to do it since they're busy carrying a flag, healing a friend, taking a node, etc. There needs to be more structure to prohibit these players from even getting in to a bg and an easier way to get them out once they're in.

Battlegroups - I severely dislike the changes made to mix people from different battlegroups. In spending so much time in your battlegroup, you end up developing common strategies , behavior and such that generally everyone ends up knowing and following. The problem now is that you have 5 different people screaming out 5 different strategies. The trolling is at an all time high which makes the experience much less fun. I would like to see a return to normal battlegroup queues (I do understand that filling a spot here or there to get a bg going is beneficial and I do support that...just not on a large scale like the situation now).
Edited by Drak on 1/31/2012 10:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The natural cap on number of posts per thread has been lifted for this one.

Again, thank you for the excellent feedback.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

I like TP even if it is WSG made over. I don't remember when the change to the demos in SoTA was but that was a good change.

I've only ever did arena for fun and nothing ever serious so didn't notice anything added or changed really.

I liked the change to resil to make it flat damage reduction.

One of the biggest is CC. There is too much CC and not enough of it sharing DR. Any stun/incapacitate should share DR. And honestly, a stun should only allow so much damage to happen before breaking. Rogues are no longer the squishy things they once were.

Also, interrupts are out of control. This causes instants to do too much damage. If I'm able to get off a 3 second cast, it should be a lot more powerful than an instant.

GY camping. In TP you have 2 gys but if they are camping one you can't switch to the other. You are forced to either not rez or be camped. One reason I like EotS is because they can't camp you.

Imbalance of classes. It sucks when you queue up with 6 of one class and no healer while the other team is half heals.

Dalaran sewers. This is just a really bad laid out map.

Specs that have a lot of control are allowed to do a lot of damage and have great survivability. Remember when rogues and mages were very squishy if you were able to get a hold of them? Now a rogue can tank better than a tank spec. A frost mage has too many shields and that's only if you can catch them.

Healing needs to be toned down a bit. A flat healing reduction would help a lot. Get rid of MS abilities and just make it a zone thing.

Interrupts (as mentioned above) and casting debuffs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I would like to make suggestions regarding replays for arena and vote-kick in battle grounds.

Replays

Replays in Warcraft and Starcraft have helped players improve their game. I would really like this for arenas because I'm a bad player and want to get better. There is information not available from a simple screen capture replay. Perhaps the Arena Spectator NPC in the Dalaran Sewers could sell me views of my games for a couple silvers. If not him, then at least the Arena Enthusiast might have recorded a few games for me to rewatch? I would like to see players' cooldowns and positioning, attempted casts that were LoS would also be useful in the same way that SC2 replays show worker counts and warp gate cooldowns. Also, pause, rewind, and resume would be useful features.

Instead of a bird's eye view camera in SC2 replays, the frame of view for arena replays could be the same as when a dead player releases in an arena and is free to walk around as a spirit. Heck it could be like entering a vehicle a d getting vehicle controls.

One technical obstacle might be remembering what gear/reforges everyone was wearing. This could be simplified into just remember what their stats are at the beginning of the fight (e.g. 4100 resilience, 38% crit, etc.). Important enchantment procs and trinkets could be inferred from watching the buffs during the replay.

Semi-rated bgs.

It could be useful to make a tier of battlegrounds that are above random but below rated. Full premade rated battlegrounds are exciting and have their place. But it would be nice to queue for battlegrounds with an iLevel requirement, with an LFR-style vote-kick, each group is forced to have 2 healers, and where I have a rating that goes up or down based on a win or loss. Just like in SC2 when queueing for Random 3v3 or random 2v2. Also, like in SC2, it would be nice to see a "slightly favored" above the other team if they have a higher MMR.

This would allow afk'ers and bots to still honor grind in random bgs, but allow those that want a slightly higher level of bgs to have that as well. Sometimes one just can't find an RBG group to join.

In closing I would also like to briefly touch on some of things already said that are important to me.
- Remove EMFH and WoF. Or rethink the need for a trinket at all. I feel like I'm cheating myself if I don't make all my characters human, but now I have too many human characters and not enough of the other races. And I like the other races!
- Interrupts (baiting kick and mindfreeze, but still having to deal with strangulate, gouge, kidney, ghoul-stun, ghoul-charge, to get a heal off),
- Random bg opt-outs like in SC2 (For the record, I think IoC, and SotA are successful bgs, but I would prefer to play them a less because they are less fun than WSG and AB).
- dual CTAs (so I can queue for the non-sota/non-ioc option)
- Ban PvE items in rated pvp. Or at least make the BiS PvE gear BoE so that pvpers can buy it (like Unheeded Warning in S9). Remove the pressure to raid and be lucky with loot in order to be successful in pvp.
- Conquest reward for random bgs has improved the quality and intensity of those games, I've noticed. Instead of fighting for a lot of honor or a little honor, each side is now fighting for 50 CP and a lot of honor or a little honor.
Edited by Piche on 1/31/2012 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior
I don't like the fact you can only be on one arena team of one size. I don't arena because of this.
I really liked the fact you can gain conquest points from random wins. I also like that you can trade valor for conquest.
The fact that both teams lose points for ties. The mmr reset
Generally I really enjoy cata pvp. Class balance is great. The PVP game is great overall. I would have to say the pvp weapons (for no rating) and the pvp gems stand out to me as the best improvement in cata.
PVE gear in PVP.
PVE gear in PVP. Only one arena teams of any size.
Generally the PVP game is great. Even with the small issues I have I can not say the PVP game has ever been better.
What already announced Mists PVP changes/additions are you most looking forward to? (here is a summary of what is coming: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424795794 )
I want to play the new BG's!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Not sure if this was mentioned but going back to Vanilla standards for PvP would be nice. No resilience that was people have to have skill rather than run around with a bot healer tagging behind.

Maybe construct pvp bg's like lfr or something with x amount of dps and x amount of healers and a fc or two if the bg requires a flag carrier.

also for bg's like Isle of Conquest or Alterac Valley have the above mentioned thought have a tank or two instead of flag carriers.

More than likely this has all been mentioned and i'm just too lazy to go through every single post hehe.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am leaving the game, but here are my suggestions that I think will make the game better for everyone.

1. FOCUS ON BALANCE: I know, its difficult. There are lots of classes and specs, I know. However, it is pretty clear that some classes/specs are too OP (specially in BGs) like the Frost Mage. They have too many CCs, too much pet CC and DMG, capacity to regenerate and protect themselves and also a ton of burst dmg. This need to be fixed otherwise its not fun. Of course, I understand every class must be unique. Again, when you have one or two OP spells like the blowback from shamans or mind control from priests its a lot of FUN (even when youre at the receiving end), but when a single class/spec has too much, it ruins the game for everyone else. And worse than that: Blizzard seems to be oblivious to all those complains.

2. TANKS IN PVP: The way its designed these days, tanks can do a ton of dmg and still take very little. That hurts a lot the balance of the game, which is crucial for PVP. Here I want to single out DKs and mainly druids who can change into bear and regain full health while taking very little damage. Again, there should be choice with pros and cons, if youre tank spec you should do way less dmg and if youre dps you take way more dmg.

3. THE NEXT TOL BARAD: TB was a good improvement from Wintergrasp in the sense that it was balanced in the number of players. However, because its balanced it brings another problem: GEAR UNEQUALITY. My point is that depending on the server, there are more new players on one side and they always queue for TB. Therefore, if you have 10 horde and 3 are in blues and greens PVE and alliance has 10 pvp geared, you have 0% chance to win. It's almost the same as fighting 10-7. My suggestion here is REMOVE HONOR from the next TB in order to discourage people with no gear to queue only for the points. Or, maybe you can chose 3 times a day and have a SPECIAL TB with gear limitation to enter, like Dungeon Finder. This will enable your faction to win more and have more chance of doing BH. There are many people these days who can only play 1-2 hours a day that NEVER get to do BH.

4. PVP REWARDS: Never understood why theres no Money and Honor in Arenas after you are Conquest capped. My understanding is that arenas should follow the same principles that the DF and LFR do. Meaning that after Valor capped you get Justice + Money. It should be the same for an arena.

Hope this gets to the developers and help improve the game for everyone.
Edited by Tagor on 1/31/2012 10:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Perhaps the biggest frustration is getting into a BG with an under geared team vs a well geared team. Its something both factions occasionally have to deal with though, so it is what it is.
The absolute best (imo) addition is conquest points for BG wins. It makes it significantly easier to get alts, casual friends, and even yourself legit pvp gear. Also while gilneas/TP aren't much different than some of the older BGs, they were very fun, and much better than the wrath BGs. My complaint with them is that vehicle based combat denies gear/spec, and makes it less of an mmo pvp experience and more of a twisted metal gimp edition experience.
There aren't quite as many teams that can net a kill in the first 15 seconds of a match. I remember ele/destro in wrath could global just about anyone.
The new pvp trinkets are really cool (resil+ on use stat), the change to the way you gain conquest points (based on wins rather than just getting 10 matches a week) is also cool imo.
In rated BGs it is very difficult to lead a decent group. Even using hacker addons like BG targets you still see people who play like they do in random BGs. Makes the overall experience frustrating. In addition, if you have high rating, you have too much to lose running with lower rated people, given that you gain so little at a risk of losing significant chunks of rating. I remember when my warr was 1800 i was trying to help 1600 guildies, and after going 3 wins 1 loss my net rating change was a loss of 34 rating. Yea, not fun.
Certain comps just have too much to deal with. It used to be that utility specs lacked damage, but now, the classes with the most control, healing/peeling, and mobility, also have as good if not better damage than other weaker classes that lack the defence/control/mobility. Also, I find it disgustingly unfair that my CDs become a mage's CDs, should I dare use them in their presence (yet I have nothing to stop that from happening).
The top issue I have right now is melee interrupts. I realize im posting this as a Ret, but I play other classes too. On my lock or rsham, for example, I find it very frustrating when i cant break away from a DK/Feral, and I cant cast without risking being spell locked. And elitists will look at this and say "oh you just have to juke" and I'm aware of that tactic, but I dont feel I should HAVE to use a hacker add on to keep track of my opponent's interrupt CDs.
To me, giving all melee this ability is like giving all ranged a disarm. Perhaps it is necessary since melee were in such a bad position back in Wrath against casters, but still frustrating nonetheless.
What already announced Mists PVP changes/additions are you most looking forward to?
The one thing I'm absolutely looking forward to most is the change to talents. I feel that with the right coordination and spec options, you can make any arena comp viable. My best friend and I started at the same time. He's a spriest, im a ret paladin. At the current time, there isnt much for viable comps without one of us switching to heals and picking up a DK or mage or something along those lines. Under the new talents, we could easily make a wicked combination of specs between us to give teams like mage/rogue a challenge.
Im also looking forward to the change with interrupts. However I still fear the spell steal. The announced change is it will steal all of your buffs in one shot. To me, thats just absurd. "Hi mr mage. I enjoy my buffs, but how about you take them instead, you can have them all. It will help you kill me much faster. Take my best CDs and the self buffs my class is balanced around and just have a good time. Enjoy!"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues?

Primarily, the way season transitions are operated. It seems most pertinent to just allow Conquest gear to be purchased during the "off-week," rather than even introduce a whole new set entirely. With the addition of a new ilevel of Conquest gear (for Honor) after each season, there is a huge devaluation of the gear prior obtained. It doesn't feel "good" or "fun" to have your gear be obsolete on Day 1 of the next season, even if you were prior BiS the week before.

I always enjoy new battlegrounds, even if they are sorta remakes of what was currently in rotation. I would say anything not involving vehicle combat is a welcome addition, no matter how re-hashed.

Nothing of real importance, I don't feel like arenas really changed in Cataclysm.

I absolutely LOVE the Conquest points for winning a generic pug BG. It's such an immense quality of life improvement to be able to finish capping for the week without having to step into serious, rated PvP. It also gives a better sense of "faction-pride" to be able to join a pug BG and get with a team that wants to work together to get the Conquest point goal.

Typically, the complete lack of balancing when it comes to roles. There is zero fun to be had when you join a BG and someone posts that the enemy team has 3+ healers and your team currently has zero. It's an instant morale drain.

Lack of balance around anything except 3v3. Without balancing the other brackets, it just doesn't even seem worth having them. 2v2 results in either a 45 minute Healer/DPS vs Healer/DPS or DPS vs DPS zerg-fest - which highly biases towards burst classes. While 5v5 is the typical zerg on one single character that is squishy.

Lack of role establishment in PvP to allow the pug system to try and balance the game around roles. I find that matches like WSG are most fun when there is a few melee, ranged/casters, and the same number of healers on each side. That's when it seems like coordination and skill actually seem to give the win to the appropriate team. When healers are designed to be able to mitigate the damage of 2-3 DPS, then it becomes nigh impossible when 2-3 healers are watching each other's backs to orchestrate a kill.

New battlegrounds are always fun. Particularly, new objective types - instead of CTF or Resources.
Edited by Cyenide on 1/31/2012 10:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue

The fact that someone who strictly PvPs earns 0 income but is expected to maintain repairs as well as gems and enchants. I know, gold isn't that hard to come by but perhaps some PvP dailies that rotate say 15 total quests and 5 of them are available per day. Would be lovely.

Conquest from normal BGs was a change that should've happened in late TBC/Wrath. It's sad that it took this long to happen but I'm glad it's finally here. In addition the new BGs are lovely. Battle for Gilneas seems kinda wonky with only 3 bases but I like it well enough. Twin Peaks is a much needed new spin on an old favorite.

The Conquest system in general. The fact that I don't have to wait until Tuesday to get my points for the week. Instead you gain them instantly which is a great change.

I haven't done them but a lot of my friends really enjoy the rated battlegrounds. I'm glad they're around and exist as an option even if I don't personally do them.

The fact that the Wrath model has stayed. i.e. the team with the most healers wins. There has to be some kind of way to balance it. I don't understand how I can get into a 15man BG and have 0 healers on one side and 5 on the other. Those matches are disgustingly unbalanced.

This goes to balance issues so I'll try to avoid it too much but the fact that Affliction Warlock/Resto Shaman/X has reigned supreme for the entirety of the expansion says a lot about balance or lack thereof. X can and has been most any melee and they work. It's rogues now as they have scaled too well with the buffs given in past patches and are simply the best choice. Additionally the change from a percent based conquest cap to 180 no matter what is one of the dumbest things for those with very high conquest cap. I suggest returning it to a set number of wins and adjusting the amount of conquest earned per win. This time I suggest 10 instead of the previous 5. 5 was too easy. It used to be minimum of 10 matches played under the old system. 10 wins no matter your conquest cap seems reasonable.

The fact that Tol Barad was released with a hideous imbalance to the defenders, the fact that TB in general just doesn't feel as fun as Wintergrasp did. The fact that world PvP (and world travel for that matter) are basically non-existent are the top issues. I'll simply add that my friends who do play Rated Battlegrounds complain about their difficulty to organize and run successfully as I'm suree many people already have.

Everything. The talent system. The new BGs, the new arena, the potential for an iLvL squish. the recent announcement that 'new combat mechanics for pvp will make pvp items and weapons markedly better in pvp than pve equivalents' has me so excited for mists I can't think straight. If you, Blizzard, make good on everything you've promised Mists will be the single greatest thing you've done for PvP since the game's inception. I for one, cannot wait.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]