Cataclysm PVP Feedback

85 Night Elf Druid
03/06/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Hamal
Chances are if you are sitting in CCs all day, the healers in your group need to wake up and push the dispel button more.

And, I still hold that a lot of what bothers people about CC is when they are being focused, and less CC wouldn't really save them then, just make them feel less helpless as they die just as fast.

Sure, if 3 rogues hit another player at once they will be, more or less, stunlocked. But, if the rogues forgo stuns, the other player will maybe live 3 seconds longer at best. And it should be that way. There is no reason any one single player should be able to solo-survive a 3-dps focus.

And, TBH, if someone comes into a BG with 100k hp, I can kill them before CS wears off. That's 4 seconds, and that's not skill or being stunlocked by an OP class, that's all gear.

And, if people don't like rogues now, I can tell you, without CC, the only people who'd be doing about the same against rogues as now would be other melee. I don't CC you to get behind you. Hell, unless you are a warrior, an enhance shaman or DK, I don't even CC you to reduce the damage you are doing to me. I CC you to keep you from getting away or, with ferals, to waste your CD and rage-starve you. If they nerf CC across the board, you aren't getting away, and I'll just have to deal with that feral being able to have enough rage to FR while I run tight little circles and spam backstab.

Not sure what this has to do with what I said.

When I'm talking about CCs, I'm not referring to just one type (rogue stuns), I'm referring to all types of CCs. Melee type stuns are not dispellable, but most are either short or share DRs. In the case of rogues, there is no way 3 rogues would chain CS or KS on you because they'd have no real effect past the first two.

Most of the time when I play my rogue, I don't even use CS anymore, there are just way better things to open with.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I honestly wouldn't mind if all CC spells had a shared cooldown of at least ten seconds. I don't see any reason why a mage should be able to repeatedly polymorph another player and keep them out of action for a full twenty seconds.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
03/09/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Axebeard
I honestly wouldn't mind if all CC spells had a shared cooldown of at least ten seconds. I don't see any reason why a mage should be able to repeatedly polymorph another player and keep them out of action for a full twenty seconds.

It's because another player can come along and dispel that player without a cooldown. Also, if a player is chain polymorphed with precision, the longest it will have an effect before 18 seconds of immunity is 14 seconds. 8 > 4 > 2 > immune.

While a lot can happen in 14 seconds, 3 quick dispels will effectively nullify that 14 seconds of CC and then the person is immune for 18 seconds. Dispels > Polymorph/Fear
Edited by Baeloro on 3/11/2012 6:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
- I did quite enjoy the Twin Peaks map even though its just a reskin
- The early cataclysm PvP, before damage got out of hand.
- Conquest gear not requiring ratings to use.
- I appreciate the effort put into Tol Barad to provide a new Battleground style to the game, although I think it would be cooler if it was constantly contested.

Dislikes:
- Blizzards almost complete lack of attention to PvP in general, boring reskins for both maps and gear, as a primarily PvP player I felt like players such as myself were hugely neglected content-wise in comparison to the quality, quantity and rate of response to uprising issues that PvE players seem to take for granted. Please at least try to make the PvP community feel like you pay some attention to it Blizzard!
- Imbalances in class and spec (Mage, Rogue, Do I really have to say anymore?)
- The lack of restraint a single player can apply to a healer. No effective way to reduce the sheer power of a healers abilities, and while I do think damage is ridiculously out of control, still not enough to seriously worry a healer 1v1.)
- PvE gear in PvP
- Having to put up with BG's I despise purely because it's not worth my time to miss the bonus. I mean seriously, this is a game, made to be played and enjoyed. Ending up in a Battleground and spending 10 - 30 minutes either bored out of your skull or feeling completely discontent, defeats the purpose of playing a game for enjoyment. Please make an opt-out system.
- Faction imbalance and 2 factions on the same realm. I firmly believe that this has an enormous negative impact on PvP communities on all servers.
- Premade vs PuG random BG's.
- PvE changes throwing PvP out of balance. I've heard this idea a million times before so I'll say it again. Make them seperate!
- Lack of incentive to leave the main cities for anything other than transmogrification or TB. You've spent so much time making the world a beautiful place to explore but theres no reason to go see it/ PvP in it.
- AFK/Bots/Leavers
- Vehicle Combat. Props for trying something new but it failed, please just accept this and get rid of it.
- I loved the whole mana actually being important in the earlier stages of Cata. Why is it not again?
- The gear created gap between fresh 85 PvPers is PvE quest gear and Geared ones. You generally spend a lot of time being a 5th wheel until you've got most of that nasty green and blue PvE gear replaced. (Not all of us can afford the crafted blues.)

What I'd Like to See:
- Fixes for all my above QQ's :)
- New content, gamestyles and more general attention to PvP this time round
- Income for PvP (We need gems/enchants/repairs too)
- Incentives to go explore this world you've spent 10 years creating (Fun ways! Archaeology sucked.)
- Some sort of leveling system that revolves around PvP (PvP based rewards like the old warsong/AB/AV vendor gear)
- Honor rewarded in Arenas after Conquest Cap (Battlegrounds get Conquest now and rating isn't that great of an incentive on its own.)
- Perhaps some quest rewarded basic PvP gear to smooth out the ride for newcomers to PvP and fresh 85's.

Thanks for creating this thread, really hope this gets to someone up there in development :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
From BC on blizzard (you) have ruined the game. You sacrificed it for money. Not a new concept, just sorry to see all that imagination and talent go down the tubes for "what will make more players".
O, i've got it, lets make it easier and easier. Lets have everyone sit in nice safe towns and queue like lazy dummies because the babies are getting mad that they have to fly or ride to instances and forbid that they have to fight their way in. Lets give gear away, lets make it easy to level so the kiddies don't get bored and stop paying. Lets narrow it down to a few end game things to do so everyone feels like they're in the big show and keep them playing. Plus we don't have to have employees bothering with 90% of the game anymore, we can just bother with a few things while the rest of the wow map is a ghost town.

All this easy mode leveling ruined it too. It's nothing to get to 85 now. That blew at least 80% of the game out of the water, so to speak.

Suggestion, Put the war back in world of warcraft. Theres none left. It's all gear farming in these little side things, little war games on the side. This whole thing of having to have resil gear in order to fight anyone is ridiculous. Killed world pvp which was half the game on a pvp server.
Faction changing is another thing that killed the war in the game. I remember when alliance players and horde players hated each other, made fun of each other, now everyone is both, what a waste. You never had to hang gear under the noses of players to fight. There are many more thing you did in order to gain income over the game itself.

It wouldn't be hard to bring this game back to excitement again. Just some new people to come in and shake the hell out of it and turn it back to war. A player should be able to get on and just have fun, not be lead down a path of having to farm gear in order to play.
Edited by Liphar on 3/14/2012 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
01/28/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Eldacar
What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues?

- Valor can convert to Conquest, but not the other way around? Perhaps this will change with the new plan to make the integration of PvP players into PvE and vice versa much easier in MoP.

- Players are rewarded gold for random heroics in addition to Justice and Valor. It would make sense to also reward gold for every random BG, likely not as much as a random heroic, but the principle is there. Also, another possibility is converting conquest earned over the cap to gold. (For example, if I continue to win arena matches / RBGs after I've met my weekly maximum.)

01/29/2012 05:39 PMPosted by Nafien
Why not put the daily random BG reward as something you can do seven times no matter when during the week just as dungeons are? They didn't want a player to feel they needed to log in every day to get that daily done for dungeons, but why not apply the same logic for pvp?

- Sure, we all know Blizz likes PvE people more than PvP people, but this seems like a logical and simple change.

What Cataclysm BG changes/additions did you like?

- Both of the new battlegrounds are fantastic.

- Rated battlegrounds are a wonderful addition to the game.

- The honor grind seems much more palatable now than it has been in the past.

- Earning more Conquest for the first win, and a little conquest for every win helps fill the gaps while trying to gear up.

What Cataclysm Arena changes/additions did you like?

- Resilience functionality changing to percent damage reduction instead of just crits/dots was an excellent change. Granted, resilience in it's current form won't exist in MoP, but the lesson is still a good one.

- Class balance, while still imperfect (can it ever be truly perfect?), is actually really good right now. There are more valid comps, and more valid specs than there has ever been, to my knowledge. There are still strong specs (sub rogues, frost mages) and there are still weak-ish specs (resto druids, arms warriors), but all in all, it's improving. People often get hung up on 1v1 balance (or even 2v2 balance), which is a futile argument based predominantly in ignorance. Furthermore, RBGs help even out these situations where one class is "overpowered" or "underpowered" because there is more strategy and team work involved, and a larger team provides more opportunity to compensate.

What Cataclysm General PVP changes/additions did you like?

- Tol Barad, while it had a shaky start with offense vs defense balance, has shaped up rather nicely.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
What are your top issues with Battlegrounds in Cataclysm?

- At the beginning of Cata, PvP battles were longer as intended. Then someone intentionally changed resilience scaling so it wouldn't match damage scaling. It's as if someone broke the system on purpose, and now we're back to quick and massive swings in player health, both up and down.

- PvE Gear: it is impractical to require a player to have a full PvP set to step into an RBG or arena. There are too many people that play at lower brackets just for fun, or just to get started earning conquest. These people shouldn't be forced into a few weeks of honor farming before being able to earn reasonable amounts of conquest. But since the new pvpO and pvpD stats only affect players, Blizzard will have to be tracking damage targets/sources. Wouldn't it be easy to stop Vial/ Cunning/ Gurth/ Dragonwrath/ etc. from proc'ing off players? If you wanted to use Cunning because you didn't have any honor yet, you should still get the passive intellect, but not the (gamebreaking) proc. If you wanted to use Dragonwrath for the awesome stats until you farmed up a PvP weapon, so be it, but no double casts on players. (I'm still on the fence about set bonuses, since you get rid of one set bonus to take another, in addition to the stat trade. I think the better change to make here is to improve the PvP set bonus so that trade is no longer advantageous.)

- The RBG rating system makes it difficult for new players, or players trying to pick up the game again, or alts, etc. to get into RBGs. People are quite elitist with their rating since taking on a low rated player doesn't provide benefit. It reduces the team MMR, so they face lower teams; this reduces the rating they can gain, even if they win, while greatly increasing the amount they would lose if they are defeated. Playing with players lower rated than you reduces the amount you win significantly, and it increases the amount you lose significantly. It really is a lose/lose situation to play with lower rated players, so why would anyone do it?

What are your top issues with Arenas in Cataclysm?

- While the change to resilience functionality was absolutely needed, changing the scaling to mismatch damage/healing scaling seems counterproductive.

- PvE gear, refer to the point made above. (Disable PvE trinket/weapon proc's in PvP environments)

- Ring of Valor: this map started as a neat concept that tried out some new ideas. Then most of these ideas turned out to be exceptionally buggy and had to be removed, and now the map is rather awful. As for the fire concept, how did that not make it into a battleground instead?

What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?

- While the change to resilience functionality was absolutely needed, changing the scaling to mismatch damage/healing scaling seems counterproductive.

- Tol Barad's incentives don't scale with each new arena season. It would be nice if there were more rewards than just honor. Like updated gear for sale? Clearly you can't sell Conquest gear, but you could sell Honor gear, maybe even just the off pieces: no weapons, none of the 5 piece set. At the very least, Tol Barad tokens for trade goods?

- Even though it's good, class balance could always stand to be improved.

What already announced Mists PVP changes/additions are you most looking forward to?

- New BG Maps with new mechanics.
- New Arena maps
- New class talents
- Return of real world PvP
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
no more 40m bg's in random bg que plz
you should set up a new system so if u wanna play a CTF u can q for a CTF game and still get same rewards as random bg Q.
also a 10vs10 or 15vs15 deathmatch bg would be awsome. maybe run a new BG system with random weopens in the battleground like a legendary weopen for each class that they could use only in that bg.
plz bring back areana skirmish
i also liked the idea of a LFG system for RBG's i know alot of people are having a hard time finding enough players for RBG teams.
also plz fix the rating system and mmr areana ratings are so messed up.
Reply Quote
2 Dwarf Paladin
# What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues? (Things that are an inconvenience but don't significantly affect game play or balance)

Gearing up a character for PVP was generally more difficult than it should have been. The Blue crafted gear could end up being extremely expensive, and actually getting the epic gear took several battles per piece (depending how lucky you were in the battlegrounds you got).

That is, if you showed up in blues and PVE pieces, you basically were soaking honor without really contributing for probably dozens of battles before you got enough resilience and other stats to be a real contributor.

# What Cataclysm BG changes/additions did you like?

Can't say I really enjoyed any of them.

# What Cataclysm Arena changes/additions did you like?

I'll be upfront, I tried arena for a bit but it turned out to be something I just didn't enjoy.

# What Cataclysm General PVP changes/additions did you like?

Can't say I really enjoyed any of them.

# What are your top issues with Battlegrounds in Cataclysm?

Battle for Gilneas is a more stressful version of AB, which boils down to "which side is better at aoeing the flag while outhealing your team?"

I also didn't enjoy Twin Peaks, but I generally hated WSG for the same reasons (even before the GY change).

Speaking of which, the change to the GY for WSG was quite frankly nonsensical given that Twin Peaks provided a good alternative solution for flag camping. They should have just moved the GY off to the side and left it elevated.

And while it certainly is possible to defeat a team that had more healers in the current expac, it's usually an uphill battle, especially if the other team is competent at peels.

# What are your top issues with Arenas in Cataclysm?

Withholding due my prior answer.

# What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?

The vengeance nerf was a kneejerk response to problems with Blood DKs, and while it didn't really do much to slow down the DKs in PVP, it did help to hamper prot paladins who were already pretty gimped in PVP this expac.

Tol Barad was also bad. In the beginning it was difficult, if not close to impossible, to take Tol Barad as an attacker. Then they increased the speed of cap on the third base if you had 2 already as the attacker, but all that meant was that most Tol Barad battles were still a game of ring around the rosie. It got to the point where I started missing Wintergrasp because at least I felt like I was actually participating in a battle rather than a full contact version of a kindergarten game.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
/bump
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
  • What are your biggest PVP related quality of life issues? (Things that are an inconvenience but don't significantly affect game play or balance)

• 'Random' Battleground being the only way to acquire the bonus honor, conq. - Or the very long cycle time of Call to Arms. I do not like Alterac Valley, Isle of Conquest, or Strand - and consequently typically end up taking the debuff rather than sit through something that is not fun.

I would like it if it could be considered that perhaps there are more than one call to arms a weekend? Say, one week it is WSG, AB, AV. Your capture the flag, flag defense, and large scale map respectively. Next week it is Twin Peaks, Battle for Gilneas and Isle of Conquest.
    At least something in that direction? With the current system as is, it takes several weeks to see the same Call to Arms cycle though.

• What Cataclysm BG changes/additions did you like?
  • Twin Peaks and Battle for Gilneas are fun for me, and I appreciate the effort! Fun maps that I can play regularly and lose some time in, instead of watching the clock like in maps I don't like.

• What Cataclysm Arena changes/additions did you like?
  • - Little comment, I do not do much arena.

• What Cataclysm General PVP changes/additions did you like?
  • - I liked earlier in the expansion when fights were longer. People had to play smart, healers had to be exacting on what heal when. Now, I don't want to go back to Burning Crusade, when things were a big chessmatch to an utterly silly extent. There's a sweet spot in there somewhere, it's just atrociously difficult to find.

• What are your top issues with Battlegrounds in Cataclysm?
  • One of mine is the 'tie-breaker' system in Capture the Flag scenarios. I've had a LOT of matches come down to 0/0 - Both carriers have 10 stacks of Focused Assault, 5 minutes left. And it's a matter of which DPS get lucky and gank the other guy first.

Turtle matches aren't fun, and with the current 'who caps last' system, it seems to almost encourage it. Did the other team get one cap? Great, now all 10 of them are camping in their flag room.

Also, maps like Alterac Valley, Isle of Conquest, and Strand of the Ancients. I find these maps seem to have pretty divisive splits, you either love these maps, or utterly despise them. And I'm willing to bet at least half the community really, really, really dislikes these maps. I'll put it this way, I find it telling that my raider buddies love AV and IoC, but don't like WSG and AB. Vice Versa for my pvp buddies.

A PvE Race is not good foundation for encouraging PvP, Players versus Walls is not fun, please look into updating these maps, or allowing me to opt out of them.

Also, scaling getting out of hand. Glaives have 200k or so health, one dedicated Stealth class can destroy a glaive in a suicide attack.

Just...ugh, very unfun BG's.

• What are your top issues with Arenas in Cataclysm?
  • - The arena rating abuses; I may not Arena much but even I know of it. And it destroyed a lot of integrity in the arena system.
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Mage
  • What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?
  • - Interrupts, Spell Pushback: There are very large amounts of it now, to a frustrating extent. To the point where the majority of spells I cast in pvp are instant casts, because hazarding a hardcast invariably gets me a spell lockout due to the sheer amount of interrupts in the game. And if I'm up against a melee, especially one whom I cannot create a gap on, It's very difficult to get a cast off due to spell pushback. That 5 second cooldown on Shaman's interrupt? Juke a interrupt, get pummeled while casting, and the cooldown is off soon enough that he interrupts the tail end of my cast.

Spell Pushback feels like an outdated mechanic; And It's hard not to be frustrated by interrupts when mine is on a 24 Second cooldown, and Melee get interrupts on 10 second or less cooldowns.

-As a caster, gap makers. Tying in with the above as well, make some distance? I get silenced, and they just close the gap again. Or feral druids, they have more ways to get on top of me, than I have ways to get away. Do I think it's game breaking? No, but it is noticeable to me. If I want to do damage I have to be able to get casts off that take longer than a second, but I can't cast in melee.

Catch 22.

-Scaling; It feels like the ball was dropped on scaling. Damage outpaced Resilence - and here in the tail end of Cataclysm, we're back to burst being king.

-Tying in with the above, was allowing PvE to leech into PvP again; Legendaries? Urgh. Vial of Shadows? Before that was changed, I distinctly remember going up against two rogues. I blinked and my partner was dead. Due to Find Weakness + Trinket - Two 40k+ Crits on my 4.2k Arena partner?

What bothered me so much was that I proceeded to kite and almost kill both of these very unskilled sub rogues sporting PvE gear. They vanish, wait a bit, and then I was dead in a global. It's incredibly frustrating to see gear take credence over skill, which goes against what Blizzard had stated they wished to do with Cataclysm.

-Also, Classes and Composition. Not all, but some classes really suffered if you wanted to do anything but the cookie cutter. As a mage for instance, It felt like Frost or GTFO for a lot of Cata’s PvP. And soon after fire got made even competitive in PvP, it got nerfed due to pvp reasons. I’m not asking every spec be viable in everything, but , at least try to avoid having some classes being pigeonholed into <X> spec, or you might as well not even bother.

-And finally, Tol Barad. I actually loved the look and feel of the atmosphere of this area, it looks gloomy and muddy, and miserable. Here’s war.

It didn’t hold up though. – And the ‘PvP Raid’ is such a boring old hat now. Much less with
    the design of Tol Barad being what it is….My server is not particularly known for PvP, granted. But so many times I’ve gone into a TB match and all it really feels like is ‘Who can play musical chairs faster than the other guys?’

• What already announced Mists PVP changes/additions are you most looking forward to? (here is a summary of what is coming: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3424795794 )

• -More promise on focus of the horde vs. alliance. I’m not nearly as big of a PvPer as I was before, but I am still eager to see conflict!

-New maps look fun, and can offer something more than what we already have.

-Bringing back Organic PvP would be wonderful, and if there’s a way to bring some incentive to do it outside of ganking or setting up a server event would be fantastic. I remember, and miss, the days of Southshore raids as a horde player. And these would just go on for days at a time for just plain fun.

The new talent system still seems a bit off to me, but I do appreciate the effort to go into giving players actual choice, to make decisions and not be forced to follow a certain spec.
    Overall; Cata had a stronger opening. And then somewhere along the line I feel as if the ball got dropped, and I think Blizzard has acknowledged this. Disappointed in Cataclysm, but have hopes for MoP – Fingers crossed!
    Reply Quote
    11 Human Warlock
    On Rated Battlegrounds:

There are three major issues with Rated Battlegrounds right now:

1. Carries, pilots, and sells
    2. PvE gear (aka cunnings/legendaries)
    3. Rating gain/loss ratio

The two main issues are the PvE gear and the ratio of rating you gain from wins compared to losses. These two things influence how many people are willing to buy carries or pilots from high rated RBG teams, who are making hundreds of dollars either carrying buyers (playing with them) or piloting their characters (logging onto their accounts and playing their character for them). The introduction of cross realm RBGs, while making RBGs more accessible to many people, has also allowed carries to become more widespread.

First off, the Cunning of the Cruel trinket has become such a game breaking thing for RBGs that the only viable comps you see now are dot cleaves (the tank, 3 healers, a rogue, and a combination of boomkin/mage/shpriest/warlock/elesham - usually doubling up on either boomkin, mage, or warlock). Anyone trying to play a comp other than a dotcleave will lose far more often than they win. To compete, you must also run a dotcleave. When you get to rbgs at higher rating, winning becomes about who has the most legendary staves and cunnings for their casters on their team. The damage of dots and Cunning procs becomes literally unhealable, and teams can be wiped in less than 30 seconds just from the amount of AE damage. This can become very discouraging for legitimate teams trying to compete, and can lead to more people buying carries/pilots to just get to 2200 for the weapons.

With the widespread use of powerful PvE gear in RBGs, people are buying more carries/pilots from high rated players (usually 2400+ players, and even rank 1 NAO players). High rated groups selling these boosts for real life money play at usually a 2k+ mmr, far below their level. Carries are becoming common to see when playing at 2k+ rbgs, and it's easy to tell which teams are carry teams, as they usually have some players at 2400+ rating but their team mmr is 2k+. These carry groups can wipe 2k+ teams fast and graveyard camp them, making them feel discouraged about even trying to play games when anywhere up to 1/2 of the games they play are against carry groups, depending on what times and days they play. This of course leads to more people buying carries/pilots to avoid the frustration of playing against the carry teams and losing the full amount of points (let's say anywhere up to 20 points, compared to usual gains of 5-15 they would get for a win against a similar mmr team) against a team that has 2500 players on it.

Which brings me to my last point, the rating gain/loss ratio. If two similar mmr teams play against each other twice, and both win one and lose one, they will win maybe up to 8 points max from a win, and usually lose 10+ for a loss. It becomes discouraging when a team can win three games and get 5-6 points per win each time and then lose all their rating gained in those three games in just one loss. I don't know if this is how the system is intended to work, but it is especially a problem when a team fights a carry team that has multiple 2400+ players on it and still loses the full amount of points from a loss because that carry team is playing at a far lower mmr than they should be.

So how to fix this:
    1. Do something about the PvE gear (hopefully MoP will take care of this)
    2. Adjust the points gained from wins compared to losses, so that one loss does not cost three wins worth of points
    3. If there are 4 or 5 or more 2500+ rated players in a team and the rest of the team is low rated or has low mmr, adjust their mmr to be higher, so that they must play against better teams. This will make carries harder to do and hopefully discourage people from selling and buying them.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Warrior
    A couple quality of life isues.

So, when I'm out of things to do in World of Warcraft I tend to queue for Random Battlegrounds. Now given this might not be the most intelligent think to do, and normally most people would immediately write this off as "being my own fault."
    However, I simply don't understand why there isn't some kind of system in place to keep people who afk at a node, fight in mid the entire game, do sub-300K damage in a BG, refuse to use chat / read chat, auto-follow bot, etc, out of the queues for those of us who just want to play to have a fun game.

This being said, obviously you can see a difference when you try in a Battleground, my win/loss definitely isn't negative. But having no way to motivate, people to stop from being useless, honestly just feels like we're being punished sometimes. You could argue gaining honor is your motivation... But let's be real, some people would rather watch TV while running back to a base whenever they die and get a little less honor, as opposed to trying in a BG.

If you want an example of what I'm talking about, in a Twin Peaks earlier today I had a Mage Auto-Follow bot on our team, designed to simply auto-follow the closest enemy target, or take a preset path if no enemy is available. And then he'll auto attack them. That's it.
    There is literally nothing we can do about this, as players on his team apart from opening a support ticket. But, for the present time, it can be frustrating enough seeing them on the field to make you quit what you're doing. Especially when your teammates won't assist you in trying to vote them AFK, and you can't get any response from your team to even see that they're reading it.

I understand there is a "Vote Player AFK" option, but, let's be honest. This doesn't do anything to a bot who is designed to move around the field and auto attack. When do we get a Vote to Kick option, similar to LFR but ignoring combat? A couple things to regulate this system could be:
    If the player has low damage / healer (depending on spec)
    Honorable kills (for GY bots)
    Attacks used (check for just auto-attacks, or the use of one spell and nothing else, howling blast for ample)
    Amount of time in Combat in comparison to others (if outside of your base, for WSG/TP, can work alongside with with HKs if they're inside)
    And, it would be nice if we get a vote to kick system, with the ability to see the number of votes remaining until they can be kicked. So we can see if the party is assisting us, or possibly to use that number remaining as a motivator to get teammates to help kick them.

But, my 'rage' for lack of a better term is subsiding, so I guess I'll stop typing now.
    Reply Quote
    85 Orc Death Knight
    OGC
    I really want to grind for vanity items and titles, pets, mounts, anything. Instead of grinding to get gear to even have a chance at beating other players, I would rather have the (honor gear at least) a bit easier to obtain, so we can spend more time having FUN PvPing instead of turning into a grindfest.

That way, people will PvP for fun while also grinding for vanity items/titles, whatever, for the masochistic people who enjoy grinding.
    Reply Quote
    60 Human Warrior
    As vague as this might sound it's the only way to put it, Blizz has changed everything to much, the classes, BGs, and arenas. Nothing is the same anymore and as far as Cata PvP goes, I felt a bit betrayed by Blizz. I heard that they were going to release new BGs and when I got to the new BGs it kind of ticked me off that they basically copy pasted WSG and AB but put that touch of "change" in it that made it lose all appeal.

What I would like to see is a complete revamp of PvP with the people who originally started PvP in WoW.
    Reply Quote
    60 Human Warrior
    I really want to grind for vanity items and titles, pets, mounts, anything. Instead of grinding to get gear to even have a chance at beating other players, I would rather have the (honor gear at least) a bit easier to obtain, so we can spend more time having FUN PvPing instead of turning into a grindfest.

That way, people will PvP for fun while also grinding for vanity items/titles, whatever, for the masochistic people who enjoy grinding.

That is what it feels like now, a constant grind against people who have already obtained their full S11 gear. Might as well go PvE if I wanted to grind for gear.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    I'm amazed they left in those four daily quests in Grizzly Hills that give a total of 200 honor, even at level 85. Effort/reward seems way out of whack there. And the alliance quest at the lumbermill doesn't even flag you PvP (unlike the horde equivalent).
    Reply Quote
    90 Dwarf Warrior
    03/11/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Baeloro

It's because another player can come along and dispel that player without a cooldown. Also, if a player is chain polymorphed with precision, the longest it will have an effect before 18 seconds of immunity is 14 seconds. 8 > 4 > 2 > immune.

While a lot can happen in 14 seconds, 3 quick dispels will effectively nullify that 14 seconds of CC and then the person is immune for 18 seconds. Dispels > Polymorph/Fear

I understand where you're going with that, but I don't buy that argument. Polymorph and Cyclone are both utterly brainless ways to shut down an enemy healer, and balancing CC around the possibility that there's another healer in line of sight who can dispel that CC on reaction is pretty stupid.

Really, I don't see why, when used against an enemy player, both Polymorph and Cyclone don't immediately trigger a ten- to forty-second cooldown, much like Hex or the glyphed version of Fear. Right now, I've seen far too many random BG fights or arena matches come down to "Cyclone/Sheep x3 on healer, win."
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]