Cataclysm PVP Feedback

85 Night Elf Druid
remove SoTA and IoC. it is player vs. wall or sieges. that's not fun. it's competetive wall breaking. for SoTA ret paladins are absolutely !@#$ing useless because they cannot slow. it's unfair because the team that wins is the team with the most frost dks and rogues.

or give us the option to exclude 1 bg from random bg. just test it and see how many people don't pick IoC or SoTA.

i don't expect anyone to read this feedback.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
PvP Main Problems
1. Yes remove PvE items from PvP. Why PvE'ers can use their PvE item in PvP but not PvP gear in PvE'ers?they can, but they have different result especially with FOTM comp.

2. Skirmish please. There are so many times that I want to join a new group but they ask for highest achievement, I don't want to lie with addon, I know my capability and You can try it but it's a new toon and my main is on the other realms.z

There is no place for free trying, war games?You know people nowadays prefer to press one button (Dungeon finder, raid finder) rather than ask people in trade "LF enemy for war games", you get my point there?Compose something in the game with other people is hard, because they never trust stranger, that's why I think and other people in community wants skirmish back. Leave war games for someone that want to do it, but if you can see how many people do war games other than NAO and some game events, well then I have nothing to said.

3. CC and Snare problem. Why you need that at the first place?we continue on and on with polymorph fear and cyclone since beta, 6 years already but no fix for that while other classes using CC precisely and rage hard when their CC failed, the others can just said "Re-CC-ing them again".
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest

• What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?

• blizzard is putting too much time and effort into pvp balance and not enough on casual dragon slaying. please fix this problem.
    Reply Quote
    71 Orc Shaman
    Not just Cata pvp was missing this but the WORLD of warcraft needs some attention to world pvp. I have put together a list of suggestions that have been implemented in the past, are currently implemented, or are new suggestions from many players who enjoy world pvp. I hope at least one of these suggestions can be helpful and I believe all would lead to more FUN world pvp. : )

Suggestions that could all possibly improve world pvp:

1. bring back world raid bosses

2. bring back zones like the isle that matter and plenty of players will go to daily

3. Eliminate flying mounts in a lot of zones

4. Eliminate LFG finder and raid finder for max levels (it's almost impossible to get groups together at lower levels so leave it at below max level)

5. Add meaningful weekly quests that give rewards worthwhile to do world pvp objectives such as kill 50 players in the 1k needles and like wise for the opposing faction

6. Eliminate gaurds that spawn in towns or greatly decrease their spawn rates

7. Add a wide variety of world pvp achievements other than just raiding cities (and have the achievements give some type of tabard/mount/title/pet ect...)

8. Add one world event every major patch like the old AQ world event

9. Keep pvp zones such as wintergrasp/tol barad, however update the rewards for max level so they don't die every expansion

10. Add controllable quest hubs similar to Halaa in some zones, and not just for max level but some in questing zones too

11. Have every leveling flagged zone to have some kind of pvp objective giving a +leveling buff/rep (not just a select few)

12. Offer world pvp GUILD achievements (with good rewards/perks) to encourage organized world pvp among guilds

13. Explore the idea of some kind of server wide bounty system that offers some kind of non-game changing awards or maybe server titles that you can gain/lose depending on server rank or something (the very least players/guilds would participate for bragging rights)

I realize some of these ideas are already implemented now or in the past. But I believe all could possibly encourage more world pvp and bring back more pvp guilds. Obviously everyone wouldn't want ALL these ideas but hopefully there are a few players would like.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Death Knight
    Still way too much CC. Link the stupid diminishing returns and/or have CC breaks give immunities.

There are also far too many escapes. Hunters don't need a bubble and a "get away" in addition to their traps, pet and natural kiting ability. Mage invisibility should never have been implemented. Rogues don't need an escape and a counter for every possible class & should never have been given spammable poisoned Fan of Knives.

Glass cannons need to actually be glass. If you can blow someone up in seconds, you have no business living longer than that if they actually catch you.
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    01/28/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Eldacar
    What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?

1) Not enough Focus
    2) Not enough Focus regeneration
    3) did I mention not enough Focus?

04/09/2012 09:17 AMPosted by Nachtwind
    There are also far too many escapes. Hunters don't need a bubble and a "get away" in addition to their traps, pet and natural kiting ability.
    Oh ... so you just want to kill us faster, is that it? Sorry, Hunters have been hamstrung enough in the entire history of WoW ... we don't need to be nerfed any more.
    Edited by Vladimir on 4/9/2012 9:58 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    86 Goblin Shaman
    Loll

04/09/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Vladimir
    What are your top issues with General PVP in Cataclysm?

1) Not enough Focus
    2) Not enough Focus regeneration
    3) did I mention not enough Focus?

There are also far too many escapes. Hunters don't need a bubble and a "get away" in addition to their traps, pet and natural kiting ability.
    Oh ... so you just want to kill us faster, is that it? Sorry, Hunters have been hamstrung enough in the entire history of WoW ... we don't need to be nerfed any more.

LOLL hunter are awesome ATM for pvp l2p
    Reply Quote
    90 Night Elf Hunter
    04/09/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Tsillah
    Lol, if you're having problems on a hunter, it's because you're bad. end of that story,

04/09/2012 11:19 AMPosted by Molsondry

Posted by players who are NOT hunters ... OP rogue and a mage.
    Roll a hunter, level to 85, get a complete set of Honor gear and come back and post ... on your hunter.

Hunters are the least powerful class in PvP at the moment. You came across a better geared hunter than you, who knew how to play, and he kicked your !@#. So you come into a hunter post and QQ about how they are OP ... as if rogues & mages have anything at all to be complaining about ... the most OP classes in PvP.
    Edited by Vladimir on 4/9/2012 2:09 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Draenei Mage
    I don't know if this has been brought up before because frankly 52 pages of replies is a lot of distance to cover. In any event, I have been trying since I came back in December to get the few remaining achievements I have to get the meta-achievement Master of Wintergrasp.

I realize that Wintergrasp was designed for level 80 characters and I appreciate that Wrath had its' time in the sun, but it is very discouraging when three to five players on the attacking team can be prevented from taking the fortress by a single level 85 opponent. This is only an issue because of three factors:

1) Siege engine (all types) health totals are low enough that any level 85 character in heroic dungeon gear can destroy one in 3 or 4 shots.

2) Siege engine wall damage is ridiculously low given the first point. It takes well over twenty hits to destroy anything but the gateway that leads to the Vault of Archavon, giving defending players many times the adequate amount of leeway to destroy the siege engines.

3) Turret damage is, likewise, laughably low when used on players above level 80.

I guess what I'm asking is that some consideration be made for the fact that the level cap is no longer level 80 and that the scaling of player power has vastly outpaced the terrain elements of the battleground. This could be done rather easily by simply scaling the health and versus-players damage of the siege engines and turrets to the characters item level, or by just increasing them by a static amount.

Wintergrasp used to be quite fun but it has become frustrating in its' "old age". Anyone that missed out on the opportunity to really enjoy it before the release of Cataclysm is losing out simply because little or no maintenance has been given to an otherwise excellent initial concept for a battleground. So, here's to hoping Wintergrasp gets some love! Archavon would appreciate the attention.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Warlock
    1. Don't require players to camp flags. Npcs should spawn when a flag is capped so you don't have to have 2-3 people camp a flag. Have the npcs do the camping. Camping a flag isn't fun. It shouldn't be required to win a battleground.

2. More alerts. If a flag has horde incoming, then there should be an alert. requiring players to do something that should be automated is bad game design.

3. Bigger battlegrounds. People don't like taking because it has too much responsibility. People don't like battlegrounds because they are too small. Bad gear stands out more when you are in a small battleground. Have a deathmatch 40v40 battleground. AV and IoC don't count they are pve battlegrounds. have npcs, siege engines, and calvary march towards the front.

4. Tiered battlegrounds. You can get all the battleground rewards from one weekend of grinding honor. Give players a chance to get better rewards without forcing them to do arena and rbgs. I don't find them fun, so i don't like being required to do them to advance my character. have longer, harder, and smaller battlegrounds with better rewards.

5. Remove the 15-min deserter debuff. 15 min is longer than some matches. No other game has such a hard punishment. Having to start another match is enough of a punishment. If you need to give people a 15-min punishment to keep them playing in their match, then something is HORRIBLY wrong with your game.

6. pvp scenarios. Take a chunk of the gameworld, instance it, plop down a few objectives, flags, and npcs. you have battlegrounds that already exist in the gameworld. put them into the que. I'm sick of CTF give me more places to pvp.

7. Gold. give players gold to pay for repairs, enchants, and mats. PvE gives you gold. PvP needs gold too.

8. Loot. I have no reason to do battlegrounds at endgame. I only need to do a few arenas, and i'm done for the week. Give more levels of pvp gear than pve each tier, but with smaller stat increases than pve. World pvp should become a viable endgame.

9. Loot drops. Make pvp bosses like drek, vlan, and whatever you put into the gameworld drop loot. getting gear solely through points is a boring system. PvE doesn't have it, so why does pvp?

10. More action. There is no point in having WSG a 10v10 if everyone is off doing their own thing. Have the whole alliance team and the whole horde team fight in the same place. Too much running. too much zerging. too much camping. WG was fun because the whole team clashed in waves. AV was fun because you had 40v40 in one spot.

11. NPCs. You don't feel like a hero when you are as strong as everyone else. Have fodder in the battleground to make it feel like a battle. Defending a flag gives you no pride in your faction. Defending your fellow soldiers gives you a whole ton of faction pride. Make your players feel strong without giving them any more power.
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Rogue
    I have no problem killing a healer myself (provided i dont have to fight a REAL healer!) When thats the case its impossible unless you have the time to run them out of mana. In pvp ok ( you have all the time you need) BUT in BGs you DO NOT! I love the game and you guys have done so well on the game thus far BUT.... <--

I have seen Shamy and pally healers resist, bubble and heal through 3 DPSers in 390-403 PVP gear hack away for 5 mins and them NOT go down. I have been on WOW for 3-4 years now and i miss the days when a healer was a healer and (not a TANK!) pretty silly guys. Need to do something about the healers standing there healing through everything 1-3 good DPSers can dish out.

Stuns are being rotated, damage is being dished out with (Trinkets) and they still resist, bubble and heal through everthing. If they don't die the there is NO killing the enemy team which means NO winning random or rated BGS. NOW! having said all that imagine 3-4 healers an enemy team with 403 + gear on. I have seen it in rated and nonrated BGs and its impossible to even get a single kill in a fight like that ( especially score a single point or flag o.O!) Its like the game has become a contest of who has the most healers o.O!

They have been almost unkillable GODS long enough guys. I quit WOW for 4 months hoping to get you guys to change this OP healing issue. Was hoping that would be long enough for you guys to realize the issue. Came back to WOW and its worse then it was because they support even better gear making them resist, bubble and heal more then ever.

Its time to reduce healing spells, UP DPS stats in DPS gear or reduce the dispelling, resisting, bubbling OR healing of these Healing classes. Either way i have talk to many hundreds of people that are sick of it. I will be creating a forum/blog POST on facebook and WOW to get this done ASAP.

I realized one mechanic issue with some specs. Builds that rely on damage mitigation avoid the -25% healing debuff many classes are able to apply to targets. Add to this the ridiculous amount of instant BIG heals many healing classes have and you have your unkillable healers.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Death Knight
    Lol, if you're having problems on a hunter, it's because you're bad. end of that story,

Roll a hunter, level to 85, get a complete set of Honor gear and come back and post ... on your hunter.

Hunters are the least powerful class in PvP at the moment. You came across a better geared hunter than you, who knew how to play, and he kicked your !@#. So you come into a hunter post and QQ about how they are OP ... as if rogues & mages have anything at all to be complaining about ... the most OP classes in PvP.

Glass cannons need to actually be glass. If you can blow someone up in seconds, you have no business living longer than that if they actually catch you.

That also applies to the rogue and the mage. "Pure" PvE DPS classes should not be as hard to kill as plate hybrids (and significantly harder to kill than those poor shaman...).
    Edited by Nachtwind on 4/9/2012 5:10 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Paladin
    Add more control, cc and stun this game doesnt have enough.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Paladin
    04/09/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Nachtwind

That also applies to the rogue and the mage. "Pure" PvE DPS classes should not be as hard to kill as plate hybrids (and significantly harder to kill than those poor shaman...).

Dude whatever hunter posted this is ignorant...like really a hunter is like a frost mage and fire mage mixed now with all teh control they have and the double deter...this guy is obiviously delusional or bad.
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Paladin
    I have no problem killing a healer myself (provided i dont have to fight a REAL healer!) When thats the case its impossible unless you have the time to run them out of mana. In pvp ok ( you have all the time you need) BUT in BGs you DO NOT! I love the game and you guys have done so well on the game thus far BUT.... <--

I have seen Shamy and pally healers resist, bubble and heal through 3 DPSers in 390-403 PVP gear hack away for 5 mins and them NOT go down. I have been on WOW for 3-4 years now and i miss the days when a healer was a healer and (not a TANK!) pretty silly guys. Need to do something about the healers standing there healing through everything 1-3 good DPSers can dish out.

Stuns are being rotated, damage is being dished out with (Trinkets) and they still resist, bubble and heal through everthing. If they don't die the there is NO killing the enemy team which means NO winning random or rated BGS. NOW! having said all that imagine 3-4 healers an enemy team with 403 + gear on. I have seen it in rated and nonrated BGs and its impossible to even get a single kill in a fight like that ( especially score a single point or flag o.O!) Its like the game has become a contest of who has the most healers o.O!

They have been almost unkillable GODS long enough guys. I quit WOW for 4 months hoping to get you guys to change this OP healing issue. Was hoping that would be long enough for you guys to realize the issue. Came back to WOW and its worse then it was because they support even better gear making them resist, bubble and heal more then ever.

Its time to reduce healing spells, UP DPS stats in DPS gear or reduce the dispelling, resisting, bubbling OR healing of these Healing classes. Either way i have talk to many hundreds of people that are sick of it. I will be creating a forum/blog POST on facebook and WOW to get this done ASAP.

I realized one mechanic issue with some specs. Builds that rely on damage mitigation avoid the -25% healing debuff many classes are able to apply to targets. Add to this the ridiculous amount of instant BIG heals many healing classes have and you have your unkillable healers.

Speaking on the healers side of view if we dont have a instant its probably not going to happen with everyones interrupts at 10sec and multiple other ways to interrupt so the healers has to be lucky on fake casting.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]