Call to Arms auto queue macro

90 Draenei Shaman
Purpose: Queries the CTA buff every 10s, if the CTA buff is present then queue for LFD and stop checking for CTA. Additionally provides a stop button in the upper left hand corner of the screen to stop checking the CTA buff.

Usage: Run the first macro when ever your UI is reloaded. To start watching for the CTA buff hit the 2nd macro. I created a third macro that calls them both in order. Your macro to do so will vary depending on what buttons you put these macros.

/click MacaroonButton45
/click MacaroonButton58

Lastly this macro is for healers only, to make it for tanks change the "_,_,h" to "_,h" in the first macro below.

The Macros:

/run u="OnUpdate";m=UIParent;x=function(y) y:SetScript(u,function(f,e)f.t=f.t+e;if f.t>10 then f.t = 0;RequestLFDPlayerLockInfo();_,_,h =GetLFGRoleShortageRewards(434, 1);if h then LFDQueueFrame_Join();f:SetScript(u,nil);f:Hide();end end end);end;

/run if n==nil then n=CreateFrame("Button","a",m,"UIPanelButtonTemplate");x(n);n.t=0;n:SetPoint("TOPLEFT",0,0);n:SetWidth(40);n:SetHeight(22);n:SetText("Stop");n:SetScript("OnClick",function(f) f:SetScript(u,nil);f:Hide();end);else n:Show();x(n);end
Edited by Nullberri on 1/30/2012 6:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Is there a way to get this macro to display a visual to alert you instead of just queueing you automatically? I love that you put something like this together, just not sure how to tweak it like this myself.

Thanks,

Beldar
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
If you want a visual cue instead, try something like:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info19750-LFDCalltoArms.html
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info20784-Spooner.html

and then there's LDB pluggins if you're using an broker info bar.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
My queuing macro also adds some text.

/run print("Queing when CTA is active");
/run function p() print("Queueing for LFD"); end
/click MacaroonButton45
/click MacaroonButton58

Then in the 2nd macro I added a p(); after the f:hide(); so it looks like

/run u="OnUpdate";m=UIParent;x=function(y) y:SetScript(u,function(f,e)f.t=f.t+e;if f.t>10 then f.t = 0;RequestLFDPlayerLockInfo();_,_,h =GetLFGRoleShortageRewards(434, 1);if h then LFDQueueFrame_Join();f:SetScript(u,nil);f:Hide();p();end end end);end;

SO now when I hit the macro it says "Queing when CTA is active" and then when it actually queues it says "Queueing for LFD".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]