Star Wars: The Old Republic

100 Undead Priest
Hello friends of Andorhal

I have joined the ranks of the star wars nerds and have been playing the game a lot. I urge you all to come play with me and some other qtz.

The game is pretty good, I haven't played WoW since it released. A few bugs but not too bad.

Server: Saber of Exar Kun (PvP East)
Roll on the Imperial side and find my character, Hunting, the #1 50 sorcerer of all time. Get to 50 and join me in my dominance of nerds and other random bads in warzones and other forms of pvpsss.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
This is literally the worst MMO I have had the misfortune of wasting 90 bucks on.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I heard bad things.

Which makes me sad because It looks so good in commercials.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I love the game, I'm having a great time in PvP. Ranked matches are coming out soon, so it will be even better. Now if only they would release arenas.

It's all a matter of opinion. I wish the gameplay felt as fluid as WoW, thats my biggest concern.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Hunting, my biggest concern is when you're coming back to WoW and to Andorhal.
Reply Quote
01/30/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Huntingpz
It's all a matter of opinion. I wish the gameplay felt as fluid as WoW, thats my biggest concern.

Yea, while playing in warzones, it didn't feel as fluid as you would say. I did like the warzone huttball, but I feel like there are so many people that don't keybind the throw ball button to make me angry. While playing a sith warrior, I felt like it I was playing a warrior from wow. I didn't want to switch to a game that felt like a copy of wow. I also do not like Bioware and how they go about. Like, theres no view distance changer, so I have horrendous lag, and their ticket response team is terrible. I feel like I'm playing a cheap version of wow.

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/UmcMV.jpg

^Look at his exact quote
Edited by Swagstep on 1/30/2012 2:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
The game is pretty demanding in terms of specs, which it shouldn't be due to the graphics being nothing spectacular.

They really do need to add some more options to allow slower PCs to run the game better, and they really need to fix whatever is causing largescale pvp on Ilum to lower frame rate on everyone's computers.

Me and Belated were talking about the similarities between the warrior classes just the other day lol. My Sorcerer also plays pretty identical to a shadow priest, though I will say I wish my priest had a sprint, casted/instant(talented) cc, instant 50% slow, and 3 second stun. lol

Overall the gameplay is good, I hit Battlemaster rank this past week "Valor 60". So far it's been a grind but I feel the game will start to shine more when the release PvP statistics and rated WZs.

PvE in this game is pretty much a joke, if you can get past the bugs you can clear all the Nightmare content with a decent group T1/T2 geared players, probably even less geared if they are above average players. Though the encounters are kinda fun and some are "different" from WoW, and are kind of a puzzle type boss.
Edited by Huntingpz on 2/3/2012 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
92 Undead Mage
I wish I was on more during peak Ilum hours. The BM grind would be crazy easy then. Halfway through rank 57 =/ Also sorc. What spec do you use?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
If you are looking for a competitive PvE spec Isengaard, I suggest checking out www.sithwarrior.com it is pretty much the Elitist Jerks of SW.

But as far as what I spec (for PvP) I use two different ones. I also use these for PvE since the content is easy enough and my feel my own damage/dps is more than adequate.

Creeping Terror build (3/7/31)
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201RZf00MZcrdRsMkrfz.1
- My personal favorite build, and what I will be using for "competitive/rated" PvP. Overall damage is lower if 2+ mobs/enemies, burst is lower. Short cd root on creeping terror is basically the reason to give up the damage, however losing the 1 point in lightning effusion makes creeping terror builds highly force inefficient. I feel overall single target damage is best with this spec.

Hybrid AoE build (7/16/18)
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201G0bZfc0MdMzZcrzRsMz.1
- High AoE damage spec and decent burst potential, I use this most of the time for now. Lightning barrage is amazing with the madness talent, allowing you to clip the last part of force lightning for a second double speed force lightning. Dumping wrath procs on chain lightning for 2+ enemies or to score a kill on low heath enemy. Single target I use wrath procs primarily on Crushing Darkness. With just 1 point in lightning effusion I almost never go out of force unless I get focused and have to heal often.

With the AoE spec I'm averaging about 400-500k dmg per warzone. Also getting at least 9-10 medals per warzone with a maximum potential of 12. Highest healing if no dedicated healers (or bad healers). Highest kills, lowest deaths. All around the player base of my server seems pretty bad in terms of skill, however there are a few groups of talented individuals that make for some fun game.

I have class during peak hours of Ilum, and usually just have enough time to grind out my dailies/weeklies. My server doesn't feel as imbalanced as a lot of other servers are complaining about. There is a good group of solid PvP players Republic side so Ilum is usually pretty even and makes for some decent WPvP. Though at times we do find ourselves chasing after what seems to be only 3-6 Republics.
Edited by Huntingpz on 2/4/2012 3:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
92 Undead Mage
Interesting builds. I've been 3/34/4 but 1v1 I have issues with some merc's. But I wanted something close to mage. PVE specs are pretty much guess work until a combat log comes around, but at this point it's more about the player than the spec. So many people that obviously haven't played an mmo before. And they rage if anyone says anything about wow, which I find hilarious to no end.

I've noticed force lightning's proc doesn't get used unless the full thing goes off. Pretty odd. Huge aoe dps potential with this spec, especially proc'ing the haste talent and force datacron, then unloading with lightning storm and chain procs. Nice burst with thundering blast and lightning proc. Tend to dot up a few people with affliction for kill credit / force lightning procs, then choose a target and burn. Easy to rack up medals in huttball (which is 80% of the warzones on my server) but really shines on voidstar/alderaan.
http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/sith_inquisitor/sorcerer/#::efe9fe7f14ef11ef5ef5:
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
So many people play sorcerer and not assassin.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Because sadly, they only added one caster to the game.
Reply Quote
92 Undead Mage
Battlemaster assassin lightsaber kind of makes me wish I was an assassin, but not enough to ditch being a caster.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Keep trolling Dun.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Cancelled my sub to SW. The game has no actual end game content. Nightmare modes are a joke.

Rated Warzones will be a joke as there are hardly any decent players in the game.

No competitive pvp or pve ruined this game for me and a lot of people.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]