World Of Warcraft Anime

85 Human Warlock
I was just sitting here reading some Warcraft lore, and thinking to myself how amazingly detailed it is. Forget about characters....even every single zone has such a rich history in lore. In fact, it's such a huge story, that it doesn't seem like a game, a card game, and novels can do it justice.

So, I was wondering if there will ever be a possibility of a World of Warcraft anime series. Now granted, I don't know how big Warcraft is in Japan but I think it would be cool if Bliz would allow some Japanese company to make an anime out of it. Is there even an interest in Japan? I know Warcraft is huge in China and Korea, but you don't really hear about Japan too often! I know there's not much anime out there based on Western media, but I believe there are a few examples.

So, what do you think the possibilities are that it will ever happen?

And if it does....Would you watch it? Would you care? Would you be against it?
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
01/30/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Hecatomb
I know there's not much anime out there based on Western media, but I believe there are a few examples.

That's pretty much all that Madhouse puts out.

I just wonder why there's never even been TALK about a Warcraft-based anime. I think it would be awesome, but again...as i said...I don't even know if WoW is big in Japan, come to think of it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
There is WoW Manga, so it's not that far out of the question.

Although if WoW gets any sort of tv series it should be done like Reboot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I couldn't imagine anyone but the elves of the warcraft universe being portrayed as anime characters. EVERY other race would look WAY too weird. This coming from someone who'll watch a decent dub like FMA:B from time to time. I just couldn't see it working out without looking weird.

(Not to mention all the trolls on the forums would be calling Blizzard out for catering to "japan-o-philes" rather than "casuals" on that day.)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I know FUNimation is looking to make anime of already existing licenses. I believe they have a DragonAge anime in the works.

That being said, I can't imagine WoW is an easy license to acquire.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
ChibiWow.... here we come.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
01/30/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Maruk
I couldn't imagine anyone but the elves of the warcraft universe being portrayed as anime characters. EVERY other race would look WAY too weird. This coming from someone who'll watch a decent dub like FMA:B from time to time. I just couldn't see it working out without looking weird.

Well, I kinda picture it looking like .hack//SIGN, kinda.

It can be done, if animated correctly.
Reply Quote
99 Troll Hunter
They'd need to change the scene where Thrall kills Deathwing

GIGA..... DORIRU.....
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
There are several volumes of WoW manga already out there licensed by Cryptozoic, though was done by a different company before. The name escapes me...

I recommend reading the manga. The art in them (to me and me alone) looks well done.
Reply Quote
61 Dwarf Warlock
I can't imagine an Anime not focused on Blood Elves/Night Elves, with the occasional Dwarf being a bumbling baffoon selling rice cakes with a xD face.

Also, I never watched Anime before, not a fan, but I do know all the stereotypes I've heard of it is true (long drawn out plots, nonsense romance stories tied in, zooming in on a character's eyeball for 2 minutes when they're in pain)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
01/30/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Aeris

And this may be the only stumbling block. Bliz may not even WANT it, in which case we will never see it. :/

But, I think it would be good for them. Theres a LOT of "otaku" out there, and a Warcraft anime may drive all those anime fans into playing the game because they loved the anime.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/30/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Voltaris
ChibiWow.... here we come.

I am ok with this.
Reply Quote
61 Dwarf Warlock
01/30/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Nephthys

And this may be the only stumbling block. Bliz may not even WANT it, in which case we will never see it. :/

But, I think it would be good for them. Theres a LOT of "otaku" out there, and a Warcraft anime may drive all those anime fans into playing the game because they loved the anime.

ohgawd, run!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
01/30/2012 11:38 AMPosted by Humbugged

ohgawd, run!

Haha...i meant from a BUSINESS standpoint. lmao. =)~
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
They'd need to change the scene where Thrall kills Deathwing

GIGA..... DORIRU.....

My sides...
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I would not support a Warcraft anime because I do not support the regular anime.

People who love anime annoy the hell out of me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
You know, I have never thought about this, but you are absolutely right. There is TONS of WoW Lore that we haven't seen and it would be awesome if we could see it in an anime. It would be amazing D: Blizzard, make this happen! I'd watch it glady. The merchandise and response could be huge.. I would imagine lots of people that haven't touched the game would start playing it if the anime was any good!! there is huge potential here, but would Blizzard allow it?..
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
01/30/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Adiemus

It's funny 'cause your toon is a human female, meaning you get the giant over-sized anime style weapons.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I would not support a Warcraft anime because I do not support the regular anime.

People who are obsessed with it and make it their whole LIVES annoy the hell out of me.

People who just love it are okay.

I like it because I happen to appreciate the Japanese way of telling a story. I just love the subtlety that we don't appreciate here in the States.

And I think the animation style is awesome too! *hides under my bed*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]