WTB some world PvP

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I miss the spontaneous world PvP that we used to have, where did it go wrong? Was it the guards? Did Cataclysm kill all of the fun people? Hellfire and Wintergrasp don't even have any PvP anymore. You know what I see in my world defense channel chat every two and a half hours? Tolbarad is Under attack, I see that for about fifteen minutes and then... Nothing.

We all need to make a concerted effort to get more PvP and real activities going on here other then just sitting in Orgrimmar or Stormwind waiting for a queue and speculating AH gem prices. Is it just that the horde side of our server died this expansion?

Sadface kissieaz is sadface...

:(
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
More like Alliance died. I see more world defense alerts when I'm on Alliance than when I'm on Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
I will admit I am not on Alliance side much anymore, but I had world Defense on Horde side, it has been pretty darn quiet. I eventually turned it off cuz well, there wasnt much of anything happening other than the occasional Alliance member getting aggro passing through Morsh in northern barrens.

I would love to do more world PVP, but with the destruction of our most prolific PVP skrimish (Southshore VS Tarren Mill) we've greatly become disheartened. (At least the FLight Master kept her job at southshore :p)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Just need to find like minded people and pick a new spot if Hillsbrad doesn't work anymore. Most of the Horde vs Alliance conflict seems to have shifted to Kalimdor so...

Southern Barrens - Fort Triumph vs Desolation Hold.

Ashenvale - Astranaar and the now Horde controlled Silverwing Refuge.

I know things are heated in Stonetalon Mountains but I'll be honest, I never go there except for Archy and the Midsummer Festival bonfires. >.>

Kind of a shame that quest chains pretty much take Andorhal out of the running for a good world PvP point because of the phasing, and that the towers in EPL are no longer PvP points. I really can't think of any Eastern Kingdom zones that are faction-conflict oriented, though there's a nice little confrontation shaping up in Swamp of Sorrows.

Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
01/31/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Joynal
I really can't think of any Eastern Kingdom zones that are faction-conflict oriented, though there's a nice little confrontation shaping up in Swamp of Sorrows.

Actually, Dreadmaw hold and Nethergarde Keep in blasted lands would be really great, there are some Nice changes in terrain that could facilitate some awesome skrimishes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
01/31/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Carnality
Actually, Dreadmaw hold and Nethergarde Keep in blasted lands would be really great, there are some Nice changes in terrain that could facilitate some awesome skrimishes.

That's not a bad idea... Only a few mobs to annoy and get in the way, a huge mine to screw the healers up with LoS issues, and it's easy to get to for both factions.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I will make an effort to spam Horde's Local Defense channel in the near future. Maybe I'll check out Dreadmaw Hold sometime.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I think we should arrange something.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
I'll have my sword and dagger get in touch with your people :)

On a serious note, yes, let's arrange something! Friday would work best for me, pretty much any time that day, I'll be off work.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
Would around 4 server time on Friday be good for anyone? It's early enough that raids wouldn't be starting yet, but late enough that anyone not on server time (which interestingly enough is most of the server's population that I've met) would likely be out of work.

It's short notice but it would be great to have a little Alliance/Horde get together. If not this week then maybe next.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Dreadmaw hold and Nethergarde Keep in Blasted Lands

Here?

That time works for me, perhaps we need to recruit in game befhorehand? Not sure a whole lot of people read these forums >.<

If no one else attends, Xenshi, we could both show up and Mind Spike eachother to death, then swap toons and spend forever looking for eachother in stealth as rogues lol
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
Hahaha, that would be .... fun is a strong word.

Anyway, if necessary I suppose we could spam trade.

Edited to add that your moustache gives you an unfair advantage.
Edited by Xenshi on 2/2/2012 4:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
02/02/2012 04:29 PMPosted by Xenshi
your moustache gives you an unfair advantage.

I'm sure if you whirlled your braids about fast enough, you could use your hair to take flight too.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
Suddenly the witch music from the wizard of oz is running through my head.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Priest
So if I head to Blasted Lands right now is there going to be anyone there or will it just be me and Popetarts doing each others hair?

Maybe we should plan something out for next week or something?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
So ive been trying to do FTH lately but unfortunalty its 4 to 1 and itds not possible, blizz needs to make SW and ORG easier to do all the players there
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
It's not supposed to be easy. And I'm not sure where you're coming up with your 4 to 1 ratio. I can't ever remember seeing 40 85s showing up to defend Varian. Usually it's about 20-25 with a bunch of low level toons wanting to see all the fighting. Turn out is going to be higher if you're doing the FtH when more players are online.

To be honest, you're trying to fight Varian in the wrong spot. If you don't already have an Alliance toon, roll one to scout the territory. See if you can figure out a better strategy to use. You're welcome to pick my brain when I'm on my Horde toon. For me, what happens in Horde (or Alliance) stays in Horde (or Alliance) when it comes to world PvP. Just not as much fun otherwise.
Edited by Joynal on 2/24/2012 10:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I'll be there Fridays at four, and anytime else I have free time. Sure hope some horde have world defense on. Also, I was very sad "The Company" was taken, great guild name.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
03/14/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Gabrielgrey
I'll be there Fridays at four, and anytime else I have free time. Sure hope some horde have world defense on. Also, I was very sad "The Company" was taken, great guild name.

Glad you like the name! As for the World Defense channel, I turned it off because "[somewhere you are nowhere near and it would take 20 minutes to get there] is under attack!" spam got distracting, especially because you can't talk in that channel so there's no way to find out if it was a drive-by or if somebody's actually attacking. I don't want to rush to Splintertree Post only to find that some hapless level 20 ran too far while trying to locate their quest objective.

My best advice would be to just turn your PvP flag on permanently and hope someone attacks you while you are going about business as usual. Although from my experience when they do it tends to look like they did it by mistake.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight

Glad you like the name! As for the World Defense channel, I turned it off because "[somewhere you are nowhere near and it would take 20 minutes to get there] is under attack!" spam got distracting, especially because you can't talk in that channel so there's no way to find out if it was a drive-by or if somebody's actually attacking. I don't want to rush to Splintertree Post only to find that some hapless level 20 ran too far while trying to locate their quest objective.

My best advice would be to just turn your PvP flag on permanently and hope someone attacks you while you are going about business as usual. Although from my experience when they do it tends to look like they did it by mistake.

Always flagged except when leveling an alt. However business as usual is circles in SW.

Edit: And everyone on the Horde is probably just making circles in Org.
Edited by Gabrielgrey on 3/15/2012 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]