Any news coming in the next 10 months?

85 Tauren Druid
Is there going to be any updates coming in the next 10 months in the way of MOP articles or anything like that?

Any dev interviews or previews or videos or anything?

Or is there perhaps a big content patch on the way soon?

My sub is about to expire and I just want to know if theres any new articles coming to the site or content coming to the game - or if I should just let my sub expire until the next expansion.

Thanks for your time.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Priest
1) Yes
2) probably
3) no, just the transition patch from this to MOP
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin
1) Yes
2) probably
3) no, just the transition patch from this to MOP

This.

But this being Blizzard, they're notoriously stingy with information. Which, of course, has the negative effect of the player base becoming disinterested until they actually DO start releasing information.

02/01/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Pewpewparrot
My sub is about to expire and I just want to know if theres any new articles coming to the site or content coming to the game - or if I should just let my sub expire until the next expansion.

Eh, up to you.

There won't be any new articles coming to the site for a while, and they've said no new content until Mists (well, to be more precise, they've said that 4.3 was the last major patch - which USUALLY means no new raids/content until the next expansion.)

So if you've done all of DS and are happy with your PvP rank and your current gear...then yeah, you may as well unsub at least until they announce a release date or beta testing for Mists. /shrug
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Is there going to be any updates coming in the next 10 months in the way of MOP articles or anything like that?

Thanks for your time.

Yes. (Information wise.) We have more planned for the near future in regard to Mists of Pandaria information. We are in the process of contacting media about an event we have planned for March. We posted the following on Facebook-

A Break in the Mists: Alert the Press!

Since the announcement of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria at BlizzCon 2011, we’ve been hard at work on all of the new game features, environments, dungeons, and other content that awaits adventurers. Today, we’re inviting members of the press worldwide to get an updated sneak peek and some hands-on time with the latest version of World of Warcraft’s fourth expansion at an event taking place March 13 - 15.

If you want to know more about what lies hidden within the mists of Pandaria, wait for the season’s end….

You can bet that there will be plenty of coverage by the media and fansites plus we'll also have our own releases we are planning to do as well that will get everyone more in the know of our plans and development of Mists of Pandaria.

*Updated to make it clear that the "Yes" is in reference to more information being on its way in regard to Mists of Pandaria.
Edited by Nethaera on 2/1/2012 9:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
75 Goblin Rogue
http://www.facebook.com/Warcraft

Since the announcement of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria at BlizzCon 2011, we’ve been hard at work on all of the new game features, environments, dungeons, and other content that awaits adventurers. Today, we’re inviting members of the press worldwide to get an updated sneak peek and some hands-on time with the latest version of World of Warcraft’s fourth expansion at an event taking place March 13 - 15.

If you want to know more about what lies hidden within the mists of Pandaria, wait for the season’s end….

Admittedly I had been secretly hoping we'd see an alpha by March 13th, not just a press release, so this is somewhat of a downer for me.

EDIT: Oops, Neth beat me to it!
Edited by Akeno on 2/1/2012 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
So does that mean all the news will be withheld until a month and a half from now?
Reply Quote
75 Goblin Rogue
02/01/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Healstime
So does that mean all the news will be withheld until a month and a half from now?

I hope not! :'(
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Paladin

Thanks for your time.

Yes. We have more planned for the near future. We are in the process of contacting media about an event we have planned for March. We posted the following on Facebook-

You can bet that there will be plenty of coverage by the media and fansites plus we'll also have our own releases we are planning to do as well that will get everyone more in the know of our plans and development of Mists of Pandaria.

Squee? o.O

Meh, having a date for some info is better than no date for info. ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
So... nothing for the month of February at all? Fantastic.

Looking forward to another year of Dragon Soul!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/01/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Akeno
Admittedly I had been secretly hoping we'd see an alpha by March 13th, not just a press release, so this is somewhat of a downer for me.

02/01/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Healstime

DS is the new ICC I suppose :\
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
Seriously?

No expac news until Mid March?

You guys have a marketing department right?
Reply Quote
75 Goblin Rogue
02/01/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Sadra
DS is the new ICC I suppose :\

I don't think they'll go quite that far, but I'm really expecting a June/July beta and September release.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Too much negativity for a Wednesday.

BTW, interesting fact (that has nothing to do with the question at hand) but, 2012 is the "year of the dragon" in the Chinese zodiac.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
`
Edited by Betka on 6/14/2012 6:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
02/01/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Nethaera
BTW, interesting fact (that has nothing to do with the question at hand) but, 2012 is the "year of the dragon" in the Chinese zodiac.

The water dragon, specifically.

02/01/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Nethaera

At least it's cheerful negativity.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest

Deathwing is dead and the aspect lost their powers.

It doesn't seem like their year. But no news about the xpac until mid March is disappointing.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Beware the ides of March... Apparently Nethaera's bosses didn't get the memo?
Reply Quote
Community Manager

I'm not sure if you are able/allowed to answer this, but can you provide us an estimate of when the new talent system will be released?

In what way? As in live to play? No. I can't give a time of release for that as of yet. We are definitely looking forward to getting player feedback (constructive as always) on an ongoing basis as we move toward the beta, through the beta, and beyond.

In case anyone is wondering, the previous threads we did in which we asked for specific class feedback were appreciated and definitely have been seen. We don't plan to end anything here and now and as always, we'll be looking for ongoing feedback from you all as well on a variety of things for Mists of Pandaria.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
So in summary: it looks like you're not going to miss a thing by letting that subscription expire. Frankly, I am in the same boat. This is going to be a very long holding pattern if we have nothing new to do until Mists.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
The sooner beta is live, the better. I really couldn't care less about "information" -- especially considering most of the cool stuff is withheld until the very end -- I want to try it already.
Edited by Lôthrik on 2/1/2012 10:10 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]