Any news coming in the next 10 months?

91 Night Elf Druid

I'm not sure if you are able/allowed to answer this, but can you provide us an estimate of when the new talent system will be released?

In what way? As in live to play? No. I can't give a time of release for that as of yet. We are definitely looking forward to getting player feedback (constructive as always) on an ongoing basis as we move toward the beta, through the beta, and beyond.

In case anyone is wondering, the previous threads we did in which we asked for specific class feedback were appreciated and definitely have been seen. We don't plan to end anything here and now and as always, we'll be looking for ongoing feedback from you all as well on a variety of things for Mists of Pandaria.

Story infos?

Pwease? I'll even do /beareyes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
02/01/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Irishfelix
Beware the ides of March... Apparently Nethaera's bosses didn't get the memo?

I think it's Blizzard's message to their competitors, actually. :D
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
I guess that was the "strat" for this year.

No new content for a year, put out a system that has us pay for a full year and get Diablo 3(which most everyone playing this game will want anyway) for free, as well as access to the beta.

This does a major thing: Gives people content for their money for this game, even if it doesn't necessarily pertain to this one. So WoW will remain untouched for a year, but you'll have the mists beta when that goes live, plus Diablo 3, provided it actually comes out before the mists expansion.

We all called this back at Blizzcon when it was announced, but blizz was being all coy about it. Nice to see that we were right. :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

No new content for a year, put out a system that has us pay for a full year and get Diablo 3(which most everyone playing this game will want anyway) for free, as well as access to the beta.

This does a major thing: Gives people content for their money for this game, even if it doesn't necessarily pertain to this one. So WoW will remain untouched for a year, but you'll have the mists beta when that goes live, plus Diablo 3, provided it actually comes out before the mists expansion.

We all called this back at Blizzcon when it was announced, but blizz was being all coy about it. Nice to see that we were right. :P

I hate to say it, but I agree. That's exactly what this looks like. Depressing.

If there was any real intention to release MoP before the end of the year, this would be a "beta starts in march" announcement, not a "we're going to give you new information about MoP in march" =/
Edited by Lôthrik on 2/1/2012 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
D:

but... but... Me wanty infoz and beta!

Sigh... very well. Maybe I can get more achievements done in the meantime.
Reply Quote
43 Night Elf Hunter
Is there going to be any updates coming in the next 10 months in the way of MOP articles or anything like that?

Any dev interviews or previews or videos or anything?

Or is there perhaps a big content patch on the way soon?

My sub is about to expire and I just want to know if theres any new articles coming to the site or content coming to the game - or if I should just let my sub expire until the next expansion.

Thanks for your time.

Yes. (Information wise.) We have more planned for the near future in regard to Mists of Pandaria information. We are in the process of contacting media about an event we have planned for March. We posted the following on Facebook-

A Break in the Mists: Alert the Press!

Since the announcement of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria at BlizzCon 2011, we’ve been hard at work on all of the new game features, environments, dungeons, and other content that awaits adventurers. Today, we’re inviting members of the press worldwide to get an updated sneak peek and some hands-on time with the latest version of World of Warcraft’s fourth expansion at an event taking place March 13 - 15.

If you want to know more about what lies hidden within the mists of Pandaria, wait for the season’s end….

You can bet that there will be plenty of coverage by the media and fansites plus we'll also have our own releases we are planning to do as well that will get everyone more in the know of our plans and development of Mists of Pandaria.

*Updated to make it clear that the "Yes" is in reference to more information being on its way in regard to Mists of Pandaria.

Why are you guys finding it so hard to understand that people are looking for a little more clarification on when the expansion (or any other new content) is going to be released?

People are bored. We're looking for something new to do in game and we aren't finding it. We're hoping that you guys see this and have something planned to keep us occupied until Mists is released.

People are questioning whether its worth it to continue to pay a monthly subscription until Mists comes out. People keep asking these questions but on the rare occasion that we do get a Blue response they simply tell us that Mists is on its way and how wondrous it will be but that's about it. Not even a hint of a time line for its release. But meanwhile we're suppose to just keep paying. Its like you're trying to be misleading. Personally I feel that this is shady and that your paying customers deserve better.

Straight question here. Is it Blizzard's current plan to release Mists before July?
Edited by Jawaka on 2/1/2012 10:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/01/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Nethaera
BTW, interesting fact (that has nothing to do with the question at hand) but, 2012 is the "year of the dragon" in the Chinese zodiac.

There are 3 dragon mini pet models that were never used in the US servers, why weren't they released this year as well? :P
Reply Quote
43 Night Elf Hunter
So... nothing for the month of February at all? Fantastic.

Looking forward to another year of Dragon Soul!

Too much negativity for a Wednesday.

BTW, interesting fact (that has nothing to do with the question at hand) but, 2012 is the "year of the dragon" in the Chinese zodiac.

It has nothing to do with negativity. It has to do with people wanting to be informed consumers. Do you make purchased blindly without knowing what you're going to get often?
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest

Sounds about right.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
02/01/2012 10:18 AMPosted by Jawaka
Straight question here. Is it Blizzard's current plan to release Mists before July?

^ This.

Even if Blizzard fails to meet their own goal it would be nice to know whether or not you're on the same page as your customers.
Reply Quote
4 Orc Warrior
Well I would hope for a filler Raid something like Sunwell if it's going to be more than 7-8 months for MoP, maybe Abyssal Maw!?!? All I really know is that I will not be doing DS for another 10 months to a year. I have already killed Deathwing killing him over and over again for another year doesn't seem like fun to me.
Edited by Msnightmare on 2/1/2012 10:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Two months of Dragon Soul down, nine to go.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
I am impressed with the amount of info delivered here by a blue!

I am looking forward to this press release and the abundance of information from said press release.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

^ This.

Even if Blizzard fails to meet their own goal it would be nice to know whether or not you're on the same page as your customers.

And if they release that and then don't mean their own goal they have 10x the complaints they do now. (EDIT: This is probably an understatement) Releasing release date info when you're not 100% sure you can meet it is a terrible terrible idea.

Also for whoever said that they hoped for Alpha instead of the press release, if they're doing a press release there is more than likely already an alpha test going on. Having a press tour without at least alpha testing is another terrible terrible idea.
Edited by Akosi on 2/1/2012 10:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm not sure if you are able/allowed to answer this, but can you provide us an estimate of when the new talent system will be released?

In what way?

What I'm most curious about is when will we see the MoP Talent Calculator updated. Will it be announced on the press conf, or will we see the update before that?

Thanks @Nethaera.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

I could have told you the answer to this back in October, and I don't even follow this kind of stuff all that much. The answer is "no", of course. Its why there was no way in hell I was getting swindled into that annual pass offer.
Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
so beta will be only in march or after march?
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
02/01/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Franknfurter
We are in the process of contacting media about an event we have planned for March

this just tells me that we wont see a PTR of MoP till about late july or august. which in turns means that the final product wont be out till around december. good job on getting content out faster.

We also lost a tier of content...for possibly the same amount of time?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
So... nothing for the month of February at all? Fantastic.

Looking forward to another year of Dragon Soul!

Too much negativity for a Wednesday.

Olala! I didn't know you knew your Zodiac Neth! :O
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]