Any news coming in the next 10 months?

90 Human Hunter
Interesting note for those of us down about this.

For Cata the press tour took place after the Alpha launched according to MMO-C.
Reply Quote
Community Manager

Too much negativity for a Wednesday.

BTW, interesting fact (that has nothing to do with the question at hand) but, 2012 is the "year of the dragon" in the Chinese zodiac.

It has nothing to do with negativity. It has to do with people wanting to be informed consumers. Do you make purchased blindly without knowing what you're going to get often?

We'll be keeping everyone informed. Don't worry. We can't give time frames right now. As you know, we usually say it will be ready when it's ready. That said, I can reiterate that we are pushing forward very well on the next expansion and again point out that we were able to show so much at BlizzCon for a reason. I am not going to reassure you of when we intend for this to come out since I don't have that authority or permission to do so as of yet.

We're completely aware of how quickly players consume content. We're also aware that not all players have consumed all of the current content either. Does that make us less aware that there are many who are ready for more? No. But, we want to make sure we deliver our best with Mists of Pandaria and it won't be long until you start seeing a lot more of what we have in store for it and for you.

There are a lot of misconceptions floating around and being repeated that are based on what you believe is correct information or at least suppositions. Again, I am not in a position to clarify or negate those misconceptions beyond what I've said here. At least not yet. Hopefully, it won't be long before you will get that "big picture" look that you've been hoping for.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
4.3 and yesterday's patches were great but I think you can understand that Dragon Soul is simply too short to hold people's attention like ICC did. That and... well it has narrative issues that make it somewhat less endearing than ICC as well. (Tirion helped you kill Arthas, not the other way around. Who killed Deathwing? Wasn't us!)

An update to the talent calc would be nice, before march. We've given pretty solid amounts of feedback, it would be nice to see what the developers took from it.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
02/01/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Franknfurter
We are in the process of contacting media about an event we have planned for March

this just tells me that we wont see a PTR of MoP till about late july or august. which in turns means that the final product wont be out till around december. good job on getting content out faster.

This is what happens when you make all previous content obsolete with each patch release. It used to be that only a small percentage of the player base completed the "current" patch (pre-patch 3.2/3.3), now its the vast majority. I don't have any problem with that at all, but it leads to a much larger swath of the player base having nothing to do.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
February is a short month anyway so right now I am looking forward for the valentine event. I will get that rose on this girl! I promise!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/01/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Brutalistica
February is a short month anyway so right now I am looking forward for the valentine event. I will get that rose on this girl! I promise!

I thought that too last year. I'm going to get that pretty rose.

I got this mask instead, & I've been wearing it ever since.

Although I do wish we could Transmog the holiday items. ¬_¬

Best of luck getting the rose!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
02/01/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Xmc

this just tells me that we wont see a PTR of MoP till about late july or august. which in turns means that the final product wont be out till around december. good job on getting content out faster.

This is what happens when you make all previous content obsolete with each patch release. It used to be that only a small percentage of the player base completed the "current" patch (pre-patch 3.2/3.3), now its the vast majority. I don't have any problem with that at all, but it leads to a much larger swath of the player base having nothing to do.

To be honest I don't see a December release, I see a August-October release. They start the Beta sometime in April/May and that will go to July/August with a release the month after Beta ends.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
So is my guesstament about the Beta going live somewhere in March somewhat accurate .-. or are we just left in the dark about the Beta?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
02/01/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Killercaitie
Best of luck getting the rose!

thanks!

you too!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah yeah yeah. Just show me the Pandaren totems, with a Blizz confirmation instead of the speculation that this or that concept art from MoP is really it. I have been dying to roll an enhance and a resto / ele shaman, and knowing what the next gen of totems will look like will really make or break whether I have two Pandaren in MoP, or none.
Edited by Drâeken on 2/1/2012 10:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
02/01/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Brutalistica

Remember there's 29 days this year.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

It has nothing to do with negativity. It has to do with people wanting to be informed consumers. Do you make purchased blindly without knowing what you're going to get often?

We'll be keeping everyone informed. Don't worry. We can't give time frames right now. As you know, we usually say it will be ready when it's ready. That said, I can reiterate that we are pushing forward very well on the next expansion and again point out that we were able to show so much at BlizzCon for a reason. I am not going to reassure you of when we intend for this to come out since I don't have that authority or permission to do so as of yet.

We're completely aware of how quickly players consume content. We're also aware that not all players have consumed all of the current content either. Does that make us less aware that there are many who are ready for more? No. But, we want to make sure we deliver our best with Mists of Pandaria and it won't be long until you start seeing a lot more of what we have in store for it and for you.

There are a lot of misconceptions floating around and being repeated that are based on what you believe is correct information or at least suppositions. Again, I am not in a position to clarify or negate those misconceptions beyond what I've said here. At least not yet. Hopefully, it won't be long before you will get that "big picture" look that you've been hoping for.

Thank you for making it somewhat clear, y you can't release b/c of company rules is ok, but we as players would like a basic time frame "hey we are aimming for this month and this month for release for beta" simply stating we are aimming gives the company a time frame we as players can look forward too. Stuff happens in programing thats understandable but i for one is not asking for a date to be set in stone.

Reply Quote
Where are my female pandas???
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
So... nothing for the month of February at all? Fantastic.

Looking forward to another year of Dragon Soul!

Too much negativity for a Wednesday.

BTW, interesting fact (that has nothing to do with the question at hand) but, 2012 is the "year of the dragon" in the Chinese zodiac.

Year of the Dragon does look to be exciting with Mists of Pandaria coming out and also ArenaNet who made an annoucement about Year of the Dragon which was Guild Wars 2 will be released this year too.

http://www.arena.net/blog/dragon

Can't wait till MoP and Guild Wars 2 come out.I am excited for both these games.
Edited by Pandorä on 2/1/2012 10:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Is there going to be any updates coming in the next 10 months in the way of MOP articles or anything like that?

Any dev interviews or previews or videos or anything?

Or is there perhaps a big content patch on the way soon?

My sub is about to expire and I just want to know if theres any new articles coming to the site or content coming to the game - or if I should just let my sub expire until the next expansion.

Thanks for your time.

Yes. (Information wise.) We have more planned for the near future in regard to Mists of Pandaria information. We are in the process of contacting media about an event we have planned for March. We posted the following on Facebook-

A Break in the Mists: Alert the Press!

Since the announcement of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria at BlizzCon 2011, we’ve been hard at work on all of the new game features, environments, dungeons, and other content that awaits adventurers. Today, we’re inviting members of the press worldwide to get an updated sneak peek and some hands-on time with the latest version of World of Warcraft’s fourth expansion at an event taking place March 13 - 15.

If you want to know more about what lies hidden within the mists of Pandaria, wait for the season’s end….

You can bet that there will be plenty of coverage by the media and fansites plus we'll also have our own releases we are planning to do as well that will get everyone more in the know of our plans and development of Mists of Pandaria.

*Updated to make it clear that the "Yes" is in reference to more information being on its way in regard to Mists of Pandaria.

Thanks for the response!

Is there any chance that you could release a mini-mop update/article sometime between now and the press event just to tide us over?

No worries if that's not possible - just wanted to throw that idea out there.

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
02/01/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Abrurd

I really do hope they don't get mangled like the femWorgen model did. >_<
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
You just have to master your skill of being patient. I (and many others) have been waiting for GW2 since 2007 and info comes slowing from ArenaNet because they (like Blizzard) want everything to be the way they want it before release.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
02/01/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Killercaitie

I really do hope they don't get mangled like the femWorgen model did. >_<

They will be female worgen with white fur and black circles around their eyes, and smaller noses and smaller, rounder ears.

Done and done.
Reply Quote
43 Night Elf Hunter
02/01/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Akosi

^ This.

Even if Blizzard fails to meet their own goal it would be nice to know whether or not you're on the same page as your customers.

And if they release that and then don't mean their own goal they have 10x the complaints they do now. (EDIT: This is probably an understatement) Releasing release date info when you're not 100% sure you can meet it is a terrible terrible idea.

Also for whoever said that they hoped for Alpha instead of the press release, if they're doing a press release there is more than likely already an alpha test going on. Having a press tour without at least alpha testing is another terrible terrible idea.

My point is that if they know that there's practically a zero chance of Mists being released before July then they owe it to their customers to tell them that. Their silence is calculated just to keep people paying and that's pretty shady.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]