Any news coming in the next 10 months?

85 Draenei Shaman

We're completely aware of how quickly players consume content. We're also aware that not all players have consumed all of the current content either. Does that make us less aware that there are many who are ready for more? No. But, we want to make sure we deliver our best with Mists of Pandaria and it won't be long until you start seeing a lot more of what we have in store for it and for you.

With all the brew ha-ha about the change in the talent system and overhauls in how some classes work in general. What are the odds of there being a free trial version of MoP to see how we like it before we commit to it and spend the money on something that we won't be able to even sell to a used game store?

As for people that haven't seen current content... I don't really see how you guys could have made it ANY easier. If they haven't seen it now, then I can only assume their seeing eye dog doesn't know how to play.

L2P, Scrappy!
Edited by Ghia on 2/1/2012 10:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
79 Worgen Druid
02/01/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Abrurd
Where are my female pandas???

^ This
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
02/01/2012 10:40 AMPosted by Akosi
Remember there's 29 days this year.

Hey when I get busy.... Time flies
Reply Quote
4 Orc Warrior

It has nothing to do with negativity. It has to do with people wanting to be informed consumers. Do you make purchased blindly without knowing what you're going to get often?

We'll be keeping everyone informed. Don't worry. We can't give time frames right now. As you know, we usually say it will be ready when it's ready. That said, I can reiterate that we are pushing forward very well on the next expansion and again point out that we were able to show so much at BlizzCon for a reason. I am not going to reassure you of when we intend for this to come out since I don't have that authority or permission to do so as of yet.

We're completely aware of how quickly players consume content. We're also aware that not all players have consumed all of the current content either. Does that make us less aware that there are many who are ready for more? No. But, we want to make sure we deliver our best with Mists of Pandaria and it won't be long until you start seeing a lot more of what we have in store for it and for you.

There are a lot of misconceptions floating around and being repeated that are based on what you believe is correct information or at least suppositions. Again, I am not in a position to clarify or negate those misconceptions beyond what I've said here. At least not yet. Hopefully, it won't be long before you will get that "big picture" look that you've been hoping for.

I don't post much but visit daily so I thank you for all the information you have over the years and all that you will provide in the future!!! And I would also like to say that the current content is as good if not better than anything previously released. However, I just don't look forward to another ICC. Not that it was bad, it just got really really old there at the end after being in there for what seemed like forever.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
There will be news arriving Soon™.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They will be female worgen with white fur and black circles around their eyes, and smaller noses and smaller, rounder ears.

Done and done.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Seriously, no more messed up sexual dimorphism. Do not want.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
Okay, so a press release in March. Which means the Alpha should start in June, maybe July if it's late. Then a beta should start around September, then the game would be released around December/January.

Blizzard has also said that there wont be any new meaningful content between 4.3 and Mists..good lord I hope that isn't true. Last I heard, Blizzard said at Blizzcon that they were already pretty far in development for MoP. So hopefully we don't have a sixth month long beta again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
What I want to know is the time frame. When are the peoples of Azeroth going to get a break? Let's see a a year or two break in the timeline.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Okay, so a press release in March. Which means the Alpha should start in June, maybe July if it's late. Then a beta should start around September, then the game would be released around December/January.

Blizzard has also said that there wont be any new meaningful content between 4.3 and Mists..good lord I hope that isn't true. Last I heard, Blizzard said at Blizzcon that they were already pretty far in development for MoP. So hopefully we don't have a sixth month long beta again.

Alpha will have started before a press tour. Considering how much was shown at Blizzcon in October chances are very high that Alpha has already been going on. As I said before though doing a Press Tour on a game that has had 0 alpha testing is a bad idea.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
gee, I can't imagine why you guys hemorrhage subscribers each call when you never release any information.

yay dragon soul for another 12 months
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I still don't like the fact we were told there won't be a filler patch from now until MoP, makes absolutely no sense. A ton of guilds have either been through LFR, Normals and a decent amount through Heroics and seen the content. No way MoP will be out any less than 6 months from now I think. So its going to be a boring year or whatever the time lapse may be.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I reaaallyyy hope we're not looking at another "year of ICC" scenario.

I'm just scared that this confirms the fears on the forums when the annual pass launched that it was basically just there to avoid another mass unsub like what happened after like...month 6-7 of ICC due to an inevitable extended final raid tier. I signed up with having a little more faith in Blizzard....
Edited by Bullettime on 2/1/2012 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Shaman
I think a lot of people underestimate Blizzard's ability to create content that actually makes their players happy. When people are happy about something they are much less likely to stop playing the game and go find a forum to post their "thanks" on. Yet when whiny babies have nothing to do (or desire nothing more than) crying they find every medium possible to complain on. You assume people are unhappy because that's what you see. I am confident that Blizzard is tracking players progress, the content players like or play more and what is being used and what people are happy with and are able to produce content that the majority of their subscribers will enjoy.

I don't think Blizzard got to be such a large and popular company by accidentally tripping over cash laying in the road.

Less QQ, More PewPew! :)

P.S. I'm excited about the Pandas and the new lighter hearted content, the challenge mode dungeons, and yes even the talent system because having watched the talents they've proposed and how they've been integrating the "gotta haves" into the spell book for each class/spec I think the new system will be pretty cool and I'm looking forward to learning how to optimize my class, spec and play-style all over again.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

Alpha will have started before a press tour. Considering how much was shown at Blizzcon in October chances are very high that Alpha has already been going on. As I said before though doing a Press Tour on a game that has had 0 alpha testing is a bad idea.

We knew about the F&F Alpha when it was happening for Cata. But I haven't heard any news on it for MoP yet, so I don't think it has already started.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Seriously, no more messed up sexual dimorphism. Do not want.

Welcome to World of Furrycraft
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
02/01/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Eneria
Where are my female pandas???

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=female+pandaren#/d4fi282

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=female+pandaren#/d4dt67g

Eh those are interesting looking at least.

Both look really good. But I predict that the female pandaren will look just like a female worgen. But black and white, with round ears.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=female+pandaren#/d4fi282

Do not answer with DeviantArt, ever. We want Blizz' prototypes, not some kid's fan art.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

We knew about the F&F Alpha when it was happening for Cata. But I haven't heard any news on it for MoP yet, so I don't think it has already started.

Didn't we know about the F&F Alpha for Cata because someone didn't read their NDA? Just because it hasn't been released doesn't mean it's not happening. Alphas aren't always announced.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
meh, im already disappointed already for the xpac and it is no where even close to be available yet.
i was really counting on blizz to have out D3 by the end of 2011. sure, i probably had the wrong assumption of its release date from the getgo. i guess i just got caught up in all the hype it was given at blizzcon.
at one time i was really excited for its release, now im back to believing it will never shelves again.

if blizzard dont release D3 in the next few months diablo fans will die"
josh allen aka lore
Edited by Akvon on 2/1/2012 10:57 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]