Any news coming in the next 10 months?

41 Gnome Priest
02/01/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Eneria
Where are my female pandas???

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=female+pandaren#/d4fi282

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=&q=female+pandaren#/d4dt67g

Eh those are interesting looking at least.

I like that first one. I just hope they don't make female pandas skinny twigs like a Draenei male/female kind of thing, it would ruin them.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
I think a lot of people underestimate Blizzard's ability to create content that actually makes their players happy. When people are happy about something they are much less likely to stop playing the game and go find a forum to post their "thanks" on. Yet when whiny babies have nothing to do (or desire nothing more than) crying they find every medium possible to complain on. You assume people are unhappy because that's what you see. I am confident that Blizzard is tracking players progress, the content players like or play more and what is being used and what people are happy with and are able to produce content that the majority of their subscribers will enjoy.

I don't think Blizzard got to be such a large and popular company by accidentally tripping over cash laying in the road.

Less QQ, More PewPew! :)

P.S. I'm excited about the Pandas and the new lighter hearted content, the challenge mode dungeons, and yes even the talent system because having watched the talents they've proposed and how they've been integrating the "gotta haves" into the spell book for each class/spec I think the new system will be pretty cool and I'm looking forward to learning how to optimize my class, spec and play-style all over again.

Its not so much that the content is bad (well, DS is pretty bad but for the most part their content releases have been good), its that it is too quickly/easily consumed. This is due to invalidating/obsoleting all previous content with every patch release. They simply cannot keep up with the player base using this model. Casual players are now "finishing" the game in very short order. You think sub losses were bad last year? I shudder to think what they will be like this year. Oh wait, Annual Pass...LOL. The second they offered this I knew EXACTLY what it meant from a MoP release standpoint.

If they could find a way to go back to TBC-style character progression they could fix the "content consumed too quickly" conundrum, but we all know that ship has sailed with the expectation of their customers to be able to complete all the content with each patch. They are in a no-win situation here.
Edited by Xmc on 2/1/2012 11:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
43 Night Elf Hunter

Less QQ, More PewPew! :)

P

Give us something new and interesting to PewPEw at and I'll be right there with you.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman

We knew about the F&F Alpha when it was happening for Cata. But I haven't heard any news on it for MoP yet, so I don't think it has already started.

Didn't we know about the F&F Alpha for Cata because someone didn't read their NDA? Just because it hasn't been released doesn't mean it's not happening. Alphas aren't always announced.

I don't remember how we knew. But just googling the F&F alpha for Cataclysm is showing people stating when it was starting. So I think Blizzard may have announced it. Of course they may not be stating it this time, but it seems odd since we knew about the others.
Reply Quote
83 Goblin Warlock
So new new talent updates?

No new story tidbits?

No new MoP info at all until late March??

Ugh!
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I'd rather not remain broken in PVP until next Fall so hopefully we get rolling on the beta so "MOP can fix us". Has diablo 3 even gotten a release date yet???
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Didn't we know about the F&F Alpha for Cata because someone didn't read their NDA? Just because it hasn't been released doesn't mean it's not happening. Alphas aren't always announced.

I don't remember how we knew. But just googling the F&F alpha for Cataclysm is showing people stating when it was starting. So I think Blizzard may have announced it. Of course they may not be stating it this time, but it seems odd since we knew about the others.

I was wrong Zarhym did announce it but it still doesn't mean that an alpha isn't going on or won't be going on soon. For cataclsym it started a month before the Press Tour so that means it could start within the next 2 weeks. If it's not going already.
Edited by Akosi on 2/1/2012 11:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

I was wrong Zarhym did announce it but it still doesn't mean that an alpha isn't going on or won't be going on soon. For cataclsym it started a month before the Press Tour so that means it could start within the next 2 weeks. If it's not going already.

Cataclysm Alpha began in May 2010.

Cataclysm close Beta began in late June 2010.

Cataclysm release was early December 2010.

If Blizzard had actually sped up their development process like they said they would through Cata (smaller quicker patches...instead we just got smaller patches), I'd believe that MoP would be released sooner. But actions speak louder than words, and previous actions point to a MoP release about 7-8 months from now.
Edited by Xmc on 2/1/2012 11:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
I can't speak for other people, but I don't think my guild will survive waiting until next fall for the expansion to come out. We got 6/8 heroic DS the second week of the patch, and since then people have been dropping like flies. We are close to wrapping up this tier even with so many folks leaving, but once everything is done I have a hard time seeing people stick around for almost a year doing DS at this point. Judging by what I've read and seen on progression charts, I would say alot of other guilds are in the same position.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue

I'm not sure if you are able/allowed to answer this, but can you provide us an estimate of when the new talent system will be released?

In what way? As in live to play? No. I can't give a time of release for that as of yet. We are definitely looking forward to getting player feedback (constructive as always) on an ongoing basis as we move toward the beta, through the beta, and beyond.

In case anyone is wondering, the previous threads we did in which we asked for specific class feedback were appreciated and definitely have been seen. We don't plan to end anything here and now and as always, we'll be looking for ongoing feedback from you all as well on a variety of things for Mists of Pandaria.

Can you at least give us a time you're aiming at for things? Something like "we hope to have MoP ready for Christmas 2016" or something along those lines?
Reply Quote
17 Dwarf Paladin
And the subscription bleeding shall continue.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
From another website:

For reference, the Cataclysm Friend & Family Alpha started on the first week of may and the actual Cataclysm press tour happened a month later.

So, if the beta lasts the same as Cataclysm, then they actually are getting out content quicker.
Edited by Axxos on 2/1/2012 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman

Cataclysm Alpha began in mid-January 2010.

If Blizzard had actually sped up their development process like they said they would through Cata (smaller quicker patches...instead we just got smaller patches), I'd believe that MoP would be released sooner. But actions speak louder than words, and previous actions point to a MoP release about 10 months from now.

I don't know how the logic behind this outline can be denied. Companies do not make a habit out of sporadically doing things with bouts of randomness. They follow models for a reason. Blizzard has been fairly easy to track methodically speaking. If they kept things up as this poster had said, we'd see a December release. But since Blizzard is "speeding things up," which I believe they are trying to do, then yes you can probably expect to see this expansion in around 10 months time...
Which is absolutely ludicrous.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

Cataclysm Alpha began in mid-January 2010.

If Blizzard had actually sped up their development process like they said they would through Cata (smaller quicker patches...instead we just got smaller patches), I'd believe that MoP would be released sooner. But actions speak louder than words, and previous actions point to a MoP release about 10 months from now.

Pretty sure that information is wrong... timeline history points alpha to May, not January for Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
Looks like a long time before anything new, and I don't really feel like raiding DS for another year, or PvPing.

Time to take a break then! No big deal. Plenty of other games to play.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
So is Mists expected to drop this summer, fall or winter? Anyone know?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
If the press are getting their 'Alpha' access mid-March, I would venture to say that the MoP beta won't even start until April (end of March, earliest). I don't know how Blizz plans to release the beta invites for the Annual Pass members, so, conservatively, those who paid to get into the beta will be risking not getting in until May.

Based on those guesstimations above, I would say that we are looking at a release date of MoP to be September-ish, possibly October, depending on the pre-MoP patch (bugs/problems). So...7 more months of Cata...

That is quite a long time to stay in the current tier of content, imo. Admittedly, I don't remember how long the break between WotLK and Cata was.
Edited by Atreyeu on 2/1/2012 11:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
80 Gnome Death Knight
[quote]

It's possible that they're are not doing a F&F alpha for the expansion.. It would make me a sad panda but its possible.

-Mini
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]