Any news coming in the next 10 months?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
02/01/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Nethaera
In case anyone is wondering, the previous threads we did in which we asked for specific class feedback were appreciated and definitely have been seen. We don't plan to end anything here and now and as always, we'll be looking for ongoing feedback from you all as well on a variety of things for Mists of Pandaria.

I had to LOL at this because I firmly believe you may "see" but in no way does it affect the outcome of development this is just PR dribble to appease the ignorant.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
So... nothing for the month of February at all? Fantastic.

Looking forward to another year of Dragon Soul!

Too much negativity for a Wednesday.

BTW, interesting fact (that has nothing to do with the question at hand) but, 2012 is the "year of the dragon" in the Chinese zodiac.

why doesnt the year of the horse get any love :( specifically metal horses :P jk

btw hemit/DHETA factions plz we didnt get a choose your faction in cata
Edited by Thaedris on 2/1/2012 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage

Cataclysm Alpha began in mid-January 2010.

Cataclysm close Beta began in late June 2010.

Cataclysm release was early December 2010.

If Blizzard had actually sped up their development process like they said they would through Cata (smaller quicker patches...instead we just got smaller patches), I'd believe that MoP would be released sooner. But actions speak louder than words, and previous actions point to a MoP release about 10 months from now.

Pretty sure that information is wrong... timeline history points alpha to May, not January for Cataclysm.

Ah yes, I will edit. Even with the May F&F alpha, you're looking at 7 months.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
02/01/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Sarvan
So is Mists expected to drop this summer, fall or winter? Anyone know?

Assuming they release MoP with the same-ish timescale as they usually do, it'll be fall-winter
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Maybe just find something else to do why they figure it out? This has been the case for the last 2 expansions. I don't mind waiting for polished content, even if it means putting wow on the back burner.

What I'm saying is, go find something else to do and stop complaining. Sheesh.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Just the other day I realized why Blizzard did the whole 'year subscription' thing: there will be no new content until MoP which won't be out until at least Q3 (I would be absolutely SHOCKED if it were released earlier) and with no new content comes bored players. With bored players comes discontinued subscriptions.

The best way to keep them around? Give them candy (i.e. D3) and hope they stick around through the lull that is 4.3.

Pretty smart, tbh.
Reply Quote
4 Orc Warrior

That is quite a long time to stay in the current tier of content, imo. Admittedly, I don't remember how long the break between WotLK and Cata was.

I don't recall the exact time but I do remember my guild leader announcing "this is week 50 of ICC raiding" in vent. Not sure how many more weeks it was after that but it was to long.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Even with the May F&F alpha, you're looking at 7 months.

Personally, I'd expect sometime from August to October... but of course I don't have the qualifications to say when it will be final.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest

It has nothing to do with negativity. It has to do with people wanting to be informed consumers. Do you make purchased blindly without knowing what you're going to get often?

We'll be keeping everyone informed. Don't worry. We can't give time frames right now. As you know, we usually say it will be ready when it's ready. That said, I can reiterate that we are pushing forward very well on the next expansion and again point out that we were able to show so much at BlizzCon for a reason. I am not going to reassure you of when we intend for this to come out since I don't have that authority or permission to do so as of yet.

We're completely aware of how quickly players consume content. We're also aware that not all players have consumed all of the current content either. Does that make us less aware that there are many who are ready for more? No. But, we want to make sure we deliver our best with Mists of Pandaria and it won't be long until you start seeing a lot more of what we have in store for it and for you.

There are a lot of misconceptions floating around and being repeated that are based on what you believe is correct information or at least suppositions. Again, I am not in a position to clarify or negate those misconceptions beyond what I've said here. At least not yet. Hopefully, it won't be long before you will get that "big picture" look that you've been hoping for.

I would still like some justifiable reasoning behind removing at least one full tier of content in an expansion cycle if that expansion isn't close to being done here. You know how quickly we go through content, yet were content to remove a chunk of it for an expansion cycle. Why? We know ToC was a bad "tier' of content, but even a "bad" tier is better than no tier, which is what we have. Imagine if Wrath went from Ulduar to ICC, and that's it? That's what has happened here.

Let's not fool ourselves, betas take time, and we haven't even gotten an inkling of one yet. What are we supposed to think? These aren't leaps of judgement we're making here, we've had more than enough history to parse through to make informed decisions about all of this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
As it stands I'm not excited about MoP at all. Many of the features are lack luster, and yet anouther talent design is annoying. I have the annual sub agreement, based on the promotion, but after it's over I not likely to resub, or purchase MoP.

The slow information release, and the idea we'll have 4.3 for at least 4 monthes is discouraging. The content is already rather bland, and feels extremely repeative. Doesn't feel like Blizzard is trying hard, feels like their getting lazy.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
all i have to say is good job blizzard, keep up the good work. I know it will be worth the wait just the waiting part of waiting sucks :P. just make it nearly perfect even though ppl will still troll.(yes i play a troll) but im not. any ways cant wait to play new content, but i can wait......i.....think....
Reply Quote
This is pretty distressing to say the least.

December 8th, 2009 3.3 was launched, with it was ICC and Tier 10.

December 7th, 2010 Cataclysm went live and with it, so did the full release of 4.0 content such as Tier 11.

June 28th, 2011 4.2 comes out and launches Tier 12.

November 29th, 2011 4.3 comes out and launches Tier 13.

T10 to T11/Cata length: 12 months or 1 year
T11 to T12 length: 7 months (a rather large and unfortunate gap)
T12 to T13 length: 5 months (this isn't too bad)
T13 to T14/MoP length: 2 months and counting...

So if Mists isn't even starting testing already or soon, that likely means we get a year of 4.3 just as we received a year of 3.3 If Mists isn't out till that November-December window that Vanilla, Wrath and Cata made, and TBC just missed due to an admitted delay, that's pretty depressing.

It means that in a total of 36 months we will have had 4 patches of content of significance. Thats 4 tiers in 36 months.

I thought that between losing millions of subscribers, which at best can be spun as 50% in the Asian market as per the last conference call and Kotick's awkward, frowning explanation on CNBC, as well as all the hopeful words and carefully stated acknowledgements of where Blizzard went wrong with not just the length of 3.3 but the missteps of Cataclysm as well that things were finally going to be back on track.

Going potentially a year without content again is not fixing the problem and is not going to help subscriptions.

Its a really honest if not blunt question, but what is our motivation here to keep subscribing prior to Mists release down the road? We already learned our lesson from 3.3, those of us who didn't quit or take a break during that huge gap, so I sincerely doubt many of us will be fooled twice.
Reply Quote
43 Night Elf Hunter

Did you read anything in this thread? Even the Blue posts?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Meh, I hate raiding. Hate it, hate it, hate it. I could care less if they never released another raid, ever.

I have plenty to do.

The Vial of the Sands is ever elusive.

I still have 2 chars sitting at 82.

Our guild is new so leveling that is a priority with 5mans and everyone doing their 25 dailies.

I still haven't gotten the flying mount from Tol Barad, but I'm close!

Still have 125 token quests to finish in the exceptionally horrible Molten Front.

Getting heirlooms for my baby hunter and playing said hunter.

Fishing! Fishing for the guild achievement. And cooking.

Wildhammer rep. Even with the tabard, when I remember to change it, is taking forever to exalted.

There's more, but I still have lots to do and not anxiously waiting for MoP. With the distress the player base is already in with attitude nastiness elitism etc. I'm not looking forward to those new players attracted to pandas and pet battles.

Reply Quote
58 Troll Death Knight
Soon™: Copyright 2004-2012 Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I'm not sure if you are able/allowed to answer this, but can you provide us an estimate of when the new talent system will be released?

In what way?

What I'm most curious about is when will we see the MoP Talent Calculator updated. Will it be announced on the press conf, or will we see the update before that?

Thanks @Nethaera.

We do have a plan to update the calculator with all of the changes that have been made (thus far based on constructive community feedback and internal testing) in the near future. I don't want to promise any particular date as of yet, though it could be mid-month that we're able to make those updates. As always, this is not a firm date/promise right now, it's just a guesstimate of when we may be able to update again. When we do update, we'll make sure to let you all know.

Can you give us a sort of stand point on where you guys are after the alpha at Blizzcon? I wasn't there but I heard you had pretty much the entire starting zone for the Pandaren out. (Stand point being, what you're currently working on. Zone, graphics / design, female panda model, ect?)

We did have a lot to show during BlizzCon including zone fly-throughs, the starting area for the pandaren etc. (It was definitely a lot.)

I can't give you an update on where we are currently (that has to wait for the media), but I think the media event will be a great way for everyone to get a good look at it again and see for themselves. The female pandaren model is in progress. We're just not quite ready to show her yet though or discuss her. I can say though that it will not be the male model with a title over her head that says, "I'm a girl" any longer though. ;)
Edited by Nethaera on 2/1/2012 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

What I'm most curious about is when will we see the MoP Talent Calculator updated. Will it be announced on the press conf, or will we see the update before that?

Thanks @Nethaera.

We do have a plan to update the calculator with all of the changes that have been made (thus far based on constructive community feedback and internal testing) in the near future. I don't want to promise any particular date as of yet, though it could be mid-month that we're able to make those updates. As always, this is not a firm date/promise right now, it's just a guesstimate of when we may be able to update again. When we do update, we'll make sure to let you all know.

But what about the Pandaren shaman totems???
Edited by Drâeken on 2/1/2012 12:28 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]