Any news coming in the next 10 months?

85 Human Warlock
Just the Blue Post. I figured they aren't going to give us a narrow time frame as to the release date but perhaps someone knew which season it will probably be released in. My guess was November 2012 but that seems like an aweful long time to raid DS, even for a slow progression guild like mine.

That's okay. They will give us The Emerald Sanctum to tide us over. *wink*

Seriously though....MoP will come in the summer this time around. They wouldn't keep us stuck on the same patch again for so long.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
The prime thing that I want to know is;

Will we -finally- get some good news in the Alliance lore department to counter the entirety of Cataclysm and the sacking of Theramore? And no, having a mention of Theramore in a quest dialogue is not "good news" or content.

I'm excited about the sacking of Theramore. First, because any zone change is a good change. (Yay new things!), and secondly....the reason I feel Bliz is making this happen is because Alliance needs an excuse to fight back finally. This will end up being the straw the breaks the camels back for the Alliance.

Thus...let Theramore BURN!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I love this game too and so at least monthly updates on whatever you have, no matter how trivial it may seem to the devs would be like cake for the masses :)

That said I have an alliance main and a horde main and since I've seen Dragon Soul content I've been leveling alts but not knowing more or less what abilities and talents my alts will be getting in MoP makes me not want to level them for fear of boring abilities (ex: War Banner). On a similar note it's hard to pick a profession and level that too without knowing what it's sort of gonna look like in MoP.

Lastly, in line with the original poster my sub will be ending soon aswell and without any news I don't feel like I can re-sub because there's nothing I haven't seen. If we pay $15 a month for this game there should be new content at least every 2 months. In WotLK I had a sub the entire year because as a Death Knight that expansion had the atmosphere I craved. Class specific content would bring more players back. Forsaken and Death Knight players like undead/scary things. Rogues love stealth/espionage. Druids love nature/the elements. There's a lot of competition hitting the shelves this year, perhaps take from their playbooks and add some of their features in like what was done with taking Acheivements from LotR. The theme this year? Choice/versatility. TSW, GW2. Let everyone fill any role but make their styles unique and let us customize our playstyle. Perhaps Choose your own racials? Yea it would require a total makeover but look at Demonology Warlocks, total makeover there but still purely DPS. I loved Warlocks I hated 10 minute dungeon ques. Perhaps give the talent tree 9 tiers and award a point every 10 levels, more new abilities always go a long way because if I don't like my 87 ability I won't be back. At least with more tiers you have more chances to make everyone happy ;)

Thanks ^_^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Hey Neth, I'm a Dragon... and a Gemini... That's pretty rough stuff.

You stated, or quoted stating, that, for more info, we simply need wait for the end of the season. Are we talking Lunar Festival or Spring? ;)

Thanks!

EDIT: I found the secret "x"... and removed it. :)
Edited by Leamond on 2/1/2012 2:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
60 Draenei Death Knight
So are we going to be stuck with Dragonsoul, which some people(myself included) are calling one of the worst, if not the absolute worst raid tier ever, for the next 10 months or not?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

It has nothing to do with negativity. It has to do with people wanting to be informed consumers. Do you make purchased blindly without knowing what you're going to get often?

We'll be keeping everyone informed. Don't worry. We can't give time frames right now. As you know, we usually say it will be ready when it's ready. That said, I can reiterate that we are pushing forward very well on the next expansion and again point out that we were able to show so much at BlizzCon for a reason. I am not going to reassure you of when we intend for this to come out since I don't have that authority or permission to do so as of yet.

We're completely aware of how quickly players consume content. We're also aware that not all players have consumed all of the current content either. Does that make us less aware that there are many who are ready for more? No. But, we want to make sure we deliver our best with Mists of Pandaria and it won't be long until you start seeing a lot more of what we have in store for it and for you.

There are a lot of misconceptions floating around and being repeated that are based on what you believe is correct information or at least suppositions. Again, I am not in a position to clarify or negate those misconceptions beyond what I've said here. At least not yet. Hopefully, it won't be long before you will get that "big picture" look that you've been hoping for.

Well can u @ least tell us about the Diablo dev team? are they @ least trying to make efforts to releasing Diablo III soon? i mean u have to either work in the same building or have some sorta know how on this question. a simple yes they are or no they are not answer would do.
Edited by Solocup on 2/1/2012 2:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

No, it's Neth's way of saying that I was born in the year of the rat. Year of the dragon doesn't bode well for me since dragons eat rats, don't they? Then again, maybe we get along fine. I need to go look at the charts again to see...

*I just looked. I'm all good. Dragons and rats are fine. phew. Dodged a bullet there.

High Five! I'm a rat too! But not a dirty rat.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I wonder if we'll be getting any new content... I wouldn't mind a few short raids given how long it is likely to be before the next expansion.

WotLK:
Naxx
OS
EoE

Ulduar
ToC

ICC
RS

Cata:
Tot4W
BoT
BWD

Firelands

DS

Am I missing anything?

The T11 has about as much content as Naxx, except Naxx was recycled. No real complaints about that tier.

T12 was a single raid of 7 bosses, T13 is a single raid of 8 bosses.

We're lacking side story content, I'd take another OS or ToC for something besides DS. Small raids that are puggable, maybe drop a mount or give a title for hard modes, would give us something to do on off nights and a bit of variety.

Revamp some vanilla content if you have to, I know its not ideal but better than nothing. Although I'm not sure what would make sense.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
02/01/2012 12:59 PMPosted by Hallelujah
What the hell is with all this "oh we can't talk about this yet" garbage? There's no blizzcon to save news for, no D3 info or release to lose media over, just rapidly falling subscriptions and the poor unfortunate souls who got 'con'tracted into the never ending money machine. You all moved onto Pandas, from the looks of it the second you squeezed out cata, and left us to rot in the rehashed cataclysm. It's nice to have a little light on the horizon is all but you guys have been more tight lipped than a cross legged nun recently.

So much nastiness in this thread! Really!

If Blizz tells you every single thing that is coming right NOW...whether they have finalized a decision or not...will that make some of you happy? Are people running short of qq material and needing some more to chew into?

The attitudes of entitlement and disrespect here just floor me sometimes. I keep hoping they are the kids, that leaves hope that they will grow up a mature, but I fear that many adults are even worse these days. We have just come to demand of Blizz way more than we demand of ourselves.

Tell us every detail so we can rip you for what you have/have not done. It doesn't matter that you haven't even decided what those details actually are yet. We are entitled to information so we can have new input to rip. You are CHEATING US BLIZZ!

They cannot win.

Sorry if I sound gnarly today, but the pathetic atmosphere here just reminds me of how poisonous these forums can be and how truly awful, childish and disrespectful this community has become. We, the community, is what is killing this game. More and more posts and discussions are from people who have tired of paying to be verbally abused and who have all but given up hope that anything can change. All one has to do is come here to gain evidence that this is a legitimate issue.

(No offense to many of you. The ones I am talking about know who you are).

After all..It is all about me....right?
Reply Quote
Very well put Kyraz.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
No, it's Neth's way of saying that I was born in the year of the rat. Year of the dragon doesn't bode well for me since dragons eat rats, don't they? Then again, maybe we get along fine. I need to go look at the charts again to see...

*I just looked. I'm all good. Dragons and rats are fine. phew. Dodged a bullet there.

I'd like to take a moment to point out while rats have no problems, dogs do. A certain "pug faced" CM may be in trouble this year
Reply Quote

Not really a hint. More like Neth saying "You're stuck with DS until December, then our Asian themed expansion will be released right before the new year". That's how I'm reading it at least lol

Not to get too off topic, but is there anything you can share with us about making pvp trinkets a 2 minute CD baseline for all trinkets? It really stinks that Insignia of the Horde still has a 5 minute CD while humans get to trinket 2.5 times as often.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
02/01/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Nethaera
In case anyone is wondering, the previous threads we did in which we asked for specific class feedback were appreciated and definitely have been seen. We don't plan to end anything here and now and as always, we'll be looking for ongoing feedback from you all as well on a variety of things for Mists of Pandaria.

This is a terrible thing to hear. The last time this happened, rogues lost the ability to make poisons, and rumor is it this time around poisons as a thing won't even exist. We'll just be shamans.

There was a thread sometime within this past week where all the non-rogues were calling for poisons to no longer be items, and all the rogues wanted back the ability to craft poisons from basic ingredients. When you listen to class feedback, do you mostly listen to feedback about the classes or feedback from the classes?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I thought we were supposed to get cool updates january. now its February finally and i haven't seen anything that's new. I hope since it is soooo secret it has to be awesome or else thats it. Im tryin to be as patient as freakin possible but it's tough. Blizzard said they did not want to keep us in DS like they did with Wotlk but im not seein it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/01/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Callofbooty
So are we going to be stuck with Dragonsoul, which some people(myself included) are calling one of the worst, if not the absolute worst raid tier ever, for the next 10 months or not?

Having joined raids since Trial of the Crusader came out, I have found some of them to be very unique and appealing. I loved the Icecrown Citadel theme and bosses. I wished there were a few more bosses to fight but that could be me wanting more loot rolls xD.

I would have to agree with you that Dragon Soul is a really bad raid tier. While the bosses are all unique, there aren't enough of them to appeal to my desire to continue raiding the instance. Granted this could be due to me being stuck in raids that only clear normal modes, so maybe when I start hard modes it may get fun. But it is still the same bosses with new mechanics.

While this may be redundant to some, I was wondering if a caverns of time instance could be implemented for old raids like Black Temple and Hyjal that drop DS level gear and have DS level bosses. If it felt like loot was being overflooded, have an instance lockout, like if you did 85 Hyjal you are locked out to the other two. It would definately bring more variety then attempting the same bosses again and again every week.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]