Ret paladin seal

85 Gnome Priest
What exactly is a roll back? is that where they reset everything back to certain time?

If so i dont think id like that i just did a lot of work on my JC prof on my priest, got him to lvl 80 (i dont think i was grouped up with any ret pallies when i was in the dungeons) thats a lot of work for me in one day and id hate to loose all of that

Basically they reset everyone to how things were before the bug/exploit. So those who gained titles, achievements, gear, progression, ratings and so forth from the bug/exploit will not be rewarded for breaking the Terms of Use.

Innocent people will also lose things, but I will gladly give up a days work (on WoW) to make sure that exploiting the game does not go unpunished.
90 Troll Hunter
So, it appears the servers are going offline... does this mean they're going to be off until the issue is resolved (sometime on business hours PST)? :x
100 Human Warrior
02/02/2012 01:57 AMPosted by Kydoìme
We're aware of this issue and looking into it right now. It's likely we won't have further updates for you until we're back in the office in the morning PST.

I really hope you consider rollbacks.

If theres a rollback im going to be livid becuase i just got Ashes of Alar after over a year of farming.
85 Tauren Warrior
Our server went down for restart, I assume that's related to the issues I saw.

LFR was interesting. Pallies doing that kind of DPS on Madness made the encounter significantly more difficult to heal, as the arm tentacle would be like 50-60% when it was time to move to the corruption instead of like 90-95%.
100 Worgen Priest
I think it was related to the Seals of Command talent, which basically adds a 7% weapon damage hit to every melee attack (white swings, crusader strike, divine storm etc) Rets do.

For whatever reason, instead of applying this damage once, it applied multiple times... so 30x 7% wpn damage with every melee hit...
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/02/2012 02:14 AMPosted by Jerrod
If theres a rollback im going to be livid becuase i just got Ashes of Alar after over a year of farming.

Im sure there will be exceptions. I dont think they'll roll back everyone?
90 Troll Shaman
I have to admit, it was kinda fun watching everyone follow/run away from any pally you saw in a BG. And Downing van with 4 towers up in like 2 min was great.
85 Human Warlock
How do rollbacks work?

Is EVERYONE rolled back? (I mean EVERY player) Or....just Pallys? Or just people who benefited from the bug?

Because is EVERYONE is even going to be potentially rolled back, I see no point of logging in until after it happens, obviously.
100 Gnome Death Knight
I really hope there won't be rollbacks. :( My guild worked hard to get our first Madness kill tonight..
(We don't have a Ret Pally before someone asks :P)
2 Gnome Mage
Taken from Blizzard Terms of Use:

"C. Rules Related to Game Play.
(i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players;"

I really hope that the achievements, armor, progression and related in game rewards will be rolled back. Paladins and the people who used the exploit should not be rewarded for whats going on.

I'm adding that to my original post as a reminder. Thanks. :)

Because of YOUR mistake? So, what, paladins are just supposed to stand there and not play? Get real. It was just one night, not going to kill anyone.
Edited by Gearscore on 2/2/2012 2:18 AM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
Two things -

I think a rollback is in order, and having a Retadin myself having experienced this issue, I completely agree.

However, I disagree on this being a TOS violation. Back in vanilla, pallies would sit and stack Redoubt up to 300 or so, then run up to Kazzak and 1-shot him. That makes sense, that's pretty unusual, you should get actioned for that.

But as for me, in DS, I wasn't doing anything special - I was simply playing normally. I would've finished it just the same without the bug (minus the 4 wipes due to idiots tunneling on Madness), but I don't think just because I was playing with this bug that I should be punished.

This bug should've been found long before making it to live. This is poor QA, and we all know that when a patch hits live servers that's the true Beta testing. I fully support a rollback which would completely nullify any gain from this bug, but actioning people beyond it is ridiculous. Any gain you could've gotten is already gone, why punish people for something your QA department didn't find?
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
We're aware of this issue and looking into it right now. It's likely we won't have further updates for you until we're back in the office in the morning PST.

Just as a reminder from the Terms of Use:

C. Rules Related to Game Play.
(i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players.

For those of you who do not speak bs..

We are going to ban people for playing the way they were playing before we screwed up. It doesn't matter if you are playing the exact same way today as you were playing before the bug that we made a mistake on.
Edited by Aziker on 2/2/2012 2:19 AM PST
90 Human Warrior
I really hope there won't be rollbacks. :( My guild worked hard to get our first Madness kill tonight..
(We don't have a Ret Pally before someone asks :P)

Same, except we got our first Heroic Warlord kill. Have logs to prove we did it legit too :P
75 Orc Death Knight
I don't want to lose what I worked hard on today.

Seriously...
85 Night Elf Mage
Basically they reset everyone to how things were before the bug/exploit. So those who gained titles, achievements, gear, progression, ratings and so forth from the bug/exploit will not be rewarded for breaking the Terms of Use.

Innocent people will also lose things, but I will gladly give up a days work (on WoW) to make sure that exploiting the game does not go unpunished.

As much as I know it's an amazingly unpopular solution to this, it's the right one in my books. Even people who did not deliberately exploit this may have gained things they didn't deserve, maybe as simply by having a paladin in their group at the time.

It sucks, but you can't let our own achievements during the time of this exploit block the needed repercussions that need to be made to keep the game fair and level for everybody.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Is EVERYONE rolled back? (I mean EVERY player) Or....just Pallys? Or just people who benefited from the bug?

Because is EVERYONE is even going to be potentially rolled back, I see no point of logging in until after it happens, obviously.

I would assume it would just be people who abused bug.
85 Worgen Hunter

By the way, there's that one thread up there, yeah, that one. With over 20 pages. Might want to lock that. I guess you can go see why, but I wouldn't want your brain to be imploded in on itself.

And luckily, I haven't been on to experience this issue. Sounds aggravating.

Its frustrating I dont want to see pallys banned but I think the only fair way to handle it is to rollback.

As for the other thing I am sick to my stomach that those people have that thread up to 21 pages. Filthy disgusting people .

Banning the Paladins over this issue is completely unwarranted. Paladins did nothing to cause this massive bug to manifest, a talent breaking on the servers' side to do exponential damage and then having the audacity to blame the players to have it happen while doing normal activities is just....

**shakes head**

The only thing that should happen is a rollback of Arena/RatedBG ratings by 4 or 5 hours.
Edited by Medrith on 2/2/2012 2:19 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]