Ret paladin seal

100 Worgen Hunter
02/02/2012 02:20 AMPosted by Vengeances
So people got banned because you guys messed up? lol boggles the mind!

They messed up, yes, but there's a difference between abusing a bug and not. It's not that hard to find those that want to abuse the bug because they're spamming the Trade Chats for Paladins to abuse it for them.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We're aware of this issue and looking into it right now. It's likely we won't have further updates for you until we're back in the office in the morning PST.

Update will be in the morning aound 5-7 hours away, if i understand this right.

Also i woudn't think anyone should get banned unless they bug abused it to a huge extent.

Then agai it should be a temporary ban.
Edited by Fëzz on 2/2/2012 2:24 AM PST
85 Human Paladin
I think it should stay this way. Good Job blizz :)
1 Human Paladin
02/02/2012 02:03 AMPosted by Nacholicus
Noooo Seal of Wincest was hotfixed :(

Wincest eh? You dirty dirty orc =p
90 Night Elf Druid
Is EVERYONE rolled back? (I mean EVERY player) Or....just Pallys? Or just people who benefited from the bug?

Because is EVERYONE is even going to be potentially rolled back, I see no point of logging in until after it happens, obviously.

I would assume it would just be people who abused bug.

A rollback affects everyone. Without massive digging through logs, I doubt they could pick out every single person that exploited. Likewise, just actioning every paladin is ridiculous - some people didn't take advantage of the bug, so why should they be punished?

Clearly the way to go about this is to do a rollback and be done with it all.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/02/2012 02:20 AMPosted by Vengeances
So people got banned because you guys messed up? lol boggles the mind!

Depends, I'm assuming they'll exercise some judgement on this. I don't expect someone who solo'd or went into an unrated BG or a normal dungeon to get anything. People who went "MAKE A RAID WITH ME AND WE KILL HEROIC DEATHWING" or got to 2200 rating with the bug are probably going to meet the business end of the banhammer though.
75 Orc Death Knight
I put in a long session today I would lose 8 levels, my flying, a thousand gold, profession stuff.

Please don't erase all that. I don't understand why you're punishing me for something that happened while I was solo questing mostly.
100 Worgen Priest
02/02/2012 02:19 AMPosted by Lightwrath
That bug was NOT there earlier, so something must have changed for this to appear, which means there was a hotfix.

Bet it was related to the Gurthalak sword fix to stop it procc'ing twice off seals. They probably decided to fix seals proc once and for all and got a decimal point in the wrong place...
2 Gnome Mage
02/02/2012 02:18 AMPosted by Rankonetroll
Because of YOUR mistake? So, what, paladins are just supposed to stand there and not play? Get real. It was just one night, not going to kill anyone.

Says the paladin that has never crossed over the 1550 mark.

LOL, my paladin doesn't even pvp, so nice try.
85 Goblin Priest
did LFR on my shaman, and noticed this dps to be high. i would prefer not to have my helmet rolled back that i won during the raid.

yes, ill admit i technically took part of the bug abuse my healing the raid and then bloodlusting at the most hilarious times. I digress, doing 10X as much dps merely sped up our deathwing encounter and we wiped on spine due to TOO much dps.

tl;dr ret dps in LFR was game breaking, but fall of death wing isnt exactly the hardest thing. it would have got downed at some point with or without ret
90 Night Elf Druid
02/02/2012 02:20 AMPosted by Remotepall
soooooooo, if its against terms; wat do in raid if not wanting to breach? ret's to use seal of insight? how about no

I agree. But thankfully the whole situation will be over soon, and there shouldn't be any bans. A simple rollback would suffice.
90 Human Warrior
We're aware of this issue and looking into it right now. It's likely we won't have further updates for you until we're back in the office in the morning PST.

Just as a reminder from the Terms of Use:

C. Rules Related to Game Play.
(i) Using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players.

What I don't understand is... would you ban Pallies for using a standard part of their rotation?
I just wanted to PvP!
85 Undead Mage
2 shotting people is a mages job duh

100 Worgen Hunter
If a single person gets banned as a result of this, it is a joke. For the servers to still be up 18 HOURS after such a ridiculous !@#$ up is a joke.

Exploits are one thing, but they should require the player to take an action outside of normal to take advantage and gain a "competitive edge" - if it happens as a result of playing the way you are MEANT to play, then it is blizzard's fault completely.

As an example, a layperson who doesn't look at logs and doesn't have recount wouldn't have a clue what was going on - they would just think "what the !@#$, did they buff my damage?"

It's not a joke. If anyone abused this bug for their own, or anothers own, benefit they deserve to be banned. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Blizzard isn't going to ban innocent players. They have the logs, they'll ban those that CLEARLY abused the **** out of the bug with no remorse.

Remember that guild that was banned because they abused that shirt Blizzard accidentally gave them? Sure Blizzard mesed up but they CHOSE to abuse it.
85 Gnome Mage
http://i.imgur.com/VWT7V.jpg
never forget
97 Draenei Paladin

Clearly the way to go about this is to do a rollback and be done with it all.

No, it clearly isn't. They didn't even do a rollback when all of top guilds were double-dipping on gear from raid bosses. A rollback is needed when there is widespread damage/messups negatively impacting players.
90 Goblin Rogue
Personally I find this quite amusing. Blizzard constantly slipping up time and time again on a more reoccurring basis. You shouldn't ban the people because of your dumb mistakes when it's clearly a skill that Rets must use.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]