Ret paladin seal

85 Human Rogue
I'm willing to bet there won't be rollbacks, but people abusing for raids and arenas/RBGs are getting items and ratings stripped.
85 Night Elf Druid
you really have to be kidding with this.
You realize we have two seals to use as a ret paladin and both of them were bugged. What do we do, just....not log on? So logging onto our toons and stepping foot outside is exploiting?

I had no idea what the frag was going on till I got in an LFR and suddenly I'm pulling aggro and 100k dps.

Jump out and boom, here it all is.
Turning on my SEAL is not exploiting.

edit: seriously, a veiled threat because I log in and turn on my seal like always. I'm just supposed to know you guys boned something? Veiled threat for operating your class as normal, offensive.

I doubt they would ban you for somthing such as that...
I think the idea is the people who did full H clears and or progression kills while clearly knowing what the idea was behind having 10 ret pallies in a raid was for.
blizz wouldnt just ban all ret pallies for doing what they normally do they would ban them for knowing and maliciously using that advantage in A: H raids or normal raids where it is obvious, or B: ratings for pvp. I dont think they would crack down on any world pvp unless it was maybe 1 shotting a faction leader....
Edited by Furthrow on 2/2/2012 2:31 AM PST
85 Human Warlock
02/02/2012 02:25 AMPosted by Sardorim
It's not a joke. If anyone abused this bug for their own, or anothers own, benefit they deserve to be banned. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

It *is* a joke. Personally, I expect more from the company than to allow mistakes like this to happen in the first place.

And punitive knee-jerk responses from them is not the answer. It's Bliz's mistake, and the onus of responsibility should fall solely on them. It's their mess...they clean it up.

And yes yes...I know. It's THEIR game. They can legally ban ya for walking into Stormwind if they WANTED. All I'm saying, it's not a smart move from a business standpoint. Esp with the way things are lately.

Selective Rollbacks or item/achievement stripping are better. Just take away what was earned. No silly punishment for THEIR mistake. More work for Bliz, but as I said...tis their mess.
Edited by Nephthys on 2/2/2012 2:33 AM PST
90 Human Warrior
02/02/2012 02:26 AMPosted by Thaedris
wait wait i see a different class in there, wait nope it was just a smudge on my screen :P

To be fair, before today those were pretty much all mages/rogues anyway.
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
For those of you who do not speak bs..

We are going to ban people for playing the way they were playing before we screwed up.

They ABSOLUTELY wont ban Pallies who were just playing, and used it because they didn't realize it was some kind of bug. (Yes, there are a LOT of players out there that are clueless to such things) Massive bans like that, even if they are temporary actually ends up putting Bliz in a bad light, to portions of the playerbase.

If there ARE bans, it would be very select to Pallies who were massively *and obviously* taking advantage of it.

But honestly, I don't even think that will happen. It will be hotfixed, and prob rolled back.

You DON'T get it..

They can play the exact same way they played yesterday, and they will do about 10 times the ammount of damage.

Think about this for a second.
90 Tauren Druid
02/02/2012 02:29 AMPosted by Reyvar
I'll be very surprised if anyone gets banned. It was pretty harmless aside from ret's wiping the occasional LFR on spine or madness. If you're mad because they owned you in PvP.. just think, what would you do in their shoes?

What if they 'owned' you in rated BGs or arenas and you lost your hard earned ratings ?

Stop being stupid.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
02/02/2012 02:10 AMPosted by Zarhym
I'm adding that to my original post as a reminder. Thanks. :)

I don't suppose you'd let us know why someone was putting changes to our seals onto live servers in the middle of the night, when you get back in tomorrow? >.>
98 Human Warrior
I rly rly rly rly hope things get rolled back it was only today technicaly that a opposing horde guild had downed a H boss -.- they dont post WoL files though so I would have no idea if they used a ret pally or not, I would assume so though. :/
def is no fun getting gy camped forever with a pally just doin an aoe for 50000000k damage and killin all of us at once.

if i get rolled back im gonna punch myself in the face.
Edited by Jerrod on 2/2/2012 2:31 AM PST
85 Goblin Death Knight
it should have been shutdown faster than it was. that is a fact

it either forced rets to play as bugged, or not at all

expecting them to play without a seal is just plain stupid. its like a dk without a presence. the issue was bought up HOURS before it was fixed.
90 Orc Warrior
aparently you dont understand abuse you can play your class and stuff but taking part in say 10m ret pally runs for HM DS is abusing stuff like that
90 Dwarf Death Knight
02/02/2012 02:30 AMPosted by Pwnstr
BTW, check that insane thread that has been reported multiple times.

The guy RPing with his sister?

oh thats what ppl were talking about i uh yeah no comment on it
85 Blood Elf Paladin
it should have been shutdown faster than it was. that is a fact

it either forced rets to play as bugged, or not at all

expecting them to play without a seal is just plain stupid. its like a dk without a presence. the issue was bought up HOURS before it was fixed.

True i'm jsut staying on forums till bug gets fixed :P
90 Tauren Druid
I found out just doing a/b for fun. seemed like removing corruption was more important than actually healing. That is until the ret pali's would notice me. I had fun with this glitch from the healing side of things.
35 Goblin Shaman
RIP OP Ret Pallys <3
2 Gnome Mage
02/02/2012 02:31 AMPosted by Nephthys
It's not a joke. If anyone abused this bug for their own, or anothers own, benefit they deserve to be banned. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

It *is* a joke. Personally, I expect more from the company than to allow mistakes like this to happen in the first place.

And punitive knee-jerk responses from them is not the answer. It's Bliz's mistake, and the onus of responsibility should fall solely on them. It's their mess...they clean it up.

And yes yes...I know. It's THEIR game. They can legally ban ya for walking into Stormwind if they WANTED. All I'm saying, it's not a smart move from a business standpoint. Esp with the way things are lately.

Selective Rollbacks or item/achievement stripping are better. Just take away what was earned. No silly punishment for THEIR mistake. More work for Bliz, but as I said...tis their mess.

"Selective" would be impossible to sort out. Not worth their time. Maybe anyone who got insta glad with !@#$ gear, I don't know. But really, I doubt it.
85 Draenei Shaman

you really have to be kidding with this.
You realize we have two seals to use as a ret paladin and both of them were bugged. What do we do, just....not log on? So logging onto our toons and stepping foot outside is exploiting?

I had no idea what the frag was going on till I got in an LFR and suddenly I'm pulling aggro and 100k dps.

Jump out and boom, here it all is.
Turning on my SEAL is not exploiting.

edit: seriously, a veiled threat because I log in and turn on my seal like always. I'm just supposed to know you guys boned something? Veiled threat for operating your class as normal, offensive.
If you're going to say something like that Zar I think you owe it to any player who plays a ret paladin to be a little more clear, because WE didn't do this.

It's more likely they will do something about those that abused it. IE Used it to gain heroic kills in raids, or high ratings. I doubt those who just used it to laugh at it or on accident will get punished. It's -Possible- mind you, but that would be unfair to those people.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/02/2012 02:32 AMPosted by Thaedris
The guy RPing with his sister?

Thats one fked up thread.
85 Gnome Priest
Rollbacks are a small price to pay. It is one day, not a big deal at all. Raids can be cleared again, achievements earned, but this time earned the right way.

And to those who did not have anything to do with exploiting the bug, again, it is only one day. I will gladly sacrifice a day to know that there are not those out there with Heroic DS achievements/gear, pvp ratings, pvp achievements and so forth, who did not earn them.

Although losing some progress that was earned the right way will be annoying, it is much better than playing a game where exploiting game mechanics goes unpunished.

And to those stating that the Seal is just "part on my normal rotation"; you should have noticed that 1million+ DPS is NOT part of your normal routine.

And to those who PvP'd and were just doing the same old thing, you should know that 112 killing blows and no deaths is not at all routine.

Those raiding should realize that killing heroic DS bosses in 15 secs, is not the way the game works.
85 Troll Hunter
I was just wonder a few things, hoping to get a reply.

I'm pretty certain that there is going to be rollbacks on certain things. Like any heroic mode progression in which the bug occurred or basically any gain in which the bug occurred whether intentional or not.

Although in a ret pally rotation is this bug being caused, so im not sure how one would ban a player for using it. It's like if auto attack got bugged and did 1000% more damage then were not exploiting a bug were playing the game. however I do see any raids ran with more than one ret pally abusing the exploit. So any raid leader asking specifically for more than 1 ret would be using an exploit.

All in all i would like to see all the damage to rankings and gear along with any progression that happened while this bug was enabled. It's pretty extreme because innocent players would be hurt like people who just gained levels or something, but the other option of scouring logs of info to find out everyone who used this to there advantage would be a daunting task and i dont see it being worth all the work.
Edited by Argash on 2/2/2012 2:36 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]