Update on Retribution Paladin Bug

(Locked)

85 Draenei Paladin
02/03/2012 12:04 AMPosted by Melgrin
Groups like that just didn't exist before this bug and you damn well know it.
I know. that's not what I'm arguing though. Not at all in fact. Those people should be punished. But if a raid team had one pally and a raid was planned. then they did that raid with that one pally. Then they probably shouldn't get perma bans for taking advantage of anything because they would be raiding anyways.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
So much rage, when not much of substance actually happened. A lot of people just like to have something new to be hurt by, I guess.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
02/03/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Milsa
Groups like that just didn't exist before this bug and you damn well know it.
I know. that's not what I'm arguing though. Not at all in fact. Those people should be punished. But if a raid team had one pally and a raid was planned. then they did that raid with that one pally. Then they probably shouldn't get perma bans for taking advantage of anything because they would be raiding anyways.

Blizzard has been clear: no one is going to be punished for running their regular raids. Yes, a small number of people will have gone out of their way to abuse the exploit, and they will eventually be tracked down and actioned, as always happens.

But no one is going to be stripped of anything for doing what they always do, even if Blizzard screwed up and put their paladin in God Mode for the night.
90 Gnome Mage
02/03/2012 12:19 AMPosted by Tewa
If you are not part of Blizzard's private police force, why are you here?

Well Magnata, YOU act like you're blizzard's private police force. Going into every single !@#$%^- thread on the general forum, and either (a) brown-nosing Blizzard's decisions, or (b) telling people who criticize Blizzard to shut the hell up. Just like you're doing again here.

In fact, you do it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I assume you're trolling the playerbase in an attempt to become an MVP - where you would fit right in, of course.

So I'm not sure where you get off telling people to be quiet if they're not part of "Blizzard's private police force" - since you've gone and appointed yourself to said position.

So please, for everyone's sake. Take your OWN advice. And just shut the hell up.

Thanks.

ROFL I wouldn't do anything that much... even if it felt really good! Sorry, not MVP material.... I just call em like I see em. If you have specific evidence of exploits that were intentionally carried out, then report it (I saw no such evidence on my server). Otherwise the whining accomplishes nothing of significance.
90 Gnome Mage
Extreme Cases:

PvE - Ret Paladin soloing OS25: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF2mP9u8oqI

PvP - Ret Paladin clearing house in Arena: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbVsB9yga7s&feature=related

1.3 MILLION DPS using the exploit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfXrEa3HHrk

Ding ding.... we have a winner! Now those Blizz can investigate and take action if warrented (Arena yes... soloing OS 25? Not like basking in the glory of obsolete gear is going to give them any advantage, but I imagine it would be a heck of a lot of fun. If I was on my pally for LFR I would have just assumed the instance was bugged and that I'd gotten in a really good group since I don't bother running recount in LFR )
85 Worgen Hunter
Extreme Cases:

PvP - Ret Paladin clearing house in Arena: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbVsB9yga7s&feature=related

Ding ding.... we have a winner! Now those Blizz can investigate and take action if warrented (Arena yes... soloing OS 25? Not like basking in the glory of obsolete gear is going to give them any advantage, but I imagine it would be a heck of a lot of fun. If I was on my pally for LFR I would have just assumed the instance was bugged and that I'd gotten in a really good group since I don't bother running recount in LFR )

Watching that video and listening to them actually say that what they were doing was "stupid" and "retarded" was the best part. Yes you just did something incredibility stupid and retarded, you posted proof that you were exploiting a bug in something that is progression or competitive, arenas.
80 Human Death Knight
The bug where paladin Seals could sometimes cause excessive damage has been fixed. This bug came as a result of a hotfix we put in to fix an issue where some attacks, such as Scatter Shot, were still causing Vengeance in PvP situations. While these things may seem totally unrelated, it has to do with our proc system, which is an extremely complicated mechanic under the hood. We reverted that hotfix, meaning you may sometimes see Vengeance in PvP. But we don’t think that will present a major balance concern at this time.

To be clear, we have no current plans to take action against players who experienced this bug last night unless we come across any extreme cases. The error was ours and we haven’t seen any evidence -- so far -- of players excessively exploiting the bug. We reserve the right to take action if we do find evidence of players crossing the line to repeatedly exploit this bug for major in-game advantages.

So you havent come across several paladins increasing their arena ranking and even asking for gold to increase others ranking?

First Heroic kills using too many ret Paladins should be considered an exploit too.
Edited by Semerov on 2/3/2012 3:05 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Extreme Cases:

Why do people care if someone went and solo'd content from last expansion? I mean really? That's what's bothering you? Of all the valid gripes about this bug, that's the one you bring up. Honestly...

DKs and rogues were soloing content in WotLK and it was perfectly fine and even praised, but a ret in Cata gear killing OS3D is somehow the worst thing ever?

You must be trolling.
90 Gnome Mage
Nah... soloing OS may get nerfed because it is fun, but I imagine most of the qq is over PVP though I doubt any rated BG or arena ranking gained via this will remain very long and the Heroic DS firsts are already done... LFR everyone just got to roll faster. Casual raiding... people may have downed a boss yesterday that will go back to giving them trouble today. Blizz will have to sift through all of that and decide if anyone blatently exploited the bug for any significant advantage that is worth actioning. I have a ret in my raid and we noticed we got down a boss half a minute faster than last time but we were just farming not really progressing so nobody noticed anything that amiss.
90 Human Hunter
People need to calm down. Those in arenas will be taken care of. Abuse of rating, is something they will take seriously. Those who further progressed in the HM of Dragon Soul might see a loss of achievements. But the ultimate punishment is next week, they'll be back to the same old brick wall that kept them back last time. They progressed for one day, but will be beating their heads on the same wall for another few weeks at the very least.

I just love seeing all the rage over this.. I've not seen so much Paladin hate since the BC transition to Wrath talents making ret OP.. not even the crusader bombing in Vanilla got so much rage.
85 Draenei Paladin
Was this fixed for Druids also? Cause I don't know if anyone noticed but Druids were doing 120kdps also, I haven't played my pally because being afraid of being banned but it said It was fixed so I went to go play and I was hitting crits for 186k when usually I hit for 59-73k hits.
Just a couple of minutes ago.
90 Troll Death Knight
There have been many accounts of players exploiting the bug by self-report. From what I've personally seen, it included both endgame play; PvE boss kills and PvP arena rating. Both cases should be fixed by Blizzard to ensure level fields of play. Thanks.

Edit: I don't believe "excessive" abuse should be the line drawn in this case, as clearly players were given awards in both areas of the game that matter. Protect the integrity of the game people, remove awards unfairly given from a bug.

Edit2: I don't think punishing players would be necessary. I just think Blizzard should go through the logs and remove personal and guild achievements and gear that was awarded on account of clearly broken game mechanics for that time period.
seems to me like blizzard put it in the game, so it was working as intended until they take it out.

I think bliz handled it the right way.

GJ!
90 Worgen Hunter
Extreme Cases:

Why do people care if someone went and solo'd content from last expansion? I mean really? That's what's bothering you? Of all the valid gripes about this bug, that's the one you bring up. Honestly...

DKs and rogues were soloing content in WotLK and it was perfectly fine and even praised, but a ret in Cata gear killing OS3D is somehow the worst thing ever?

You must be trolling.

What about those new players that have been struggling to clear it only to see a Bug Abuser clear it all on their own? Face it, you're protecting a blatant abuser and if I would bet mone I bet you abused it as well that's why you don't want any abusers to be punished out of fear of being banned yourself.

Any reasonable and non-bug abusing player would never come to the defense of an abuser. Only those that abused and had the intent to abuse and wish to get away with it would do this.

So the one trolling here? It's you, you're the troll. Not the ones that demand justice for those that severel;y abused the bugs, no the guys(YOU) that are defending those for using the bug for a huge unfair advantage are the trolls.
Edited by Sardorim on 2/3/2012 5:41 AM PST
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What about those new players that have been struggling to clear it only to see a Bug Abuser clear it all on their own? Face it, you're protecting a blatant abuser and if I would bet mone I bet you abused it as well that's why you don't want any abusers to be punished out of fear of being banned yourself.

Any reasonable and non-bug abusing player would never come to the defense of an abuser. Only those that abused and had the intent to abuse and wish to get away with it would do this.

So the one trolling here? It's you, you're the troll. Not the ones that demand justice for those that severel;y abused the bugs, no the guys(YOU) that are defending those for using the bug for a huge unfair advantage are the trolls.

Are you really struggling to clear old content with a group? That's no one's problem but your own then. Make friends with good players.

I have no fear of being banned. I did nothing wrong. :)

I'm only defending the innocent, which the VAST majority of paladin players are. The actions of a few do not speak for every player and every player shouldn't be punished for it. I'm sorry you disagree but Blizzard is handling this properly.
86 Tauren Paladin
anyone that blames blizz for being dumb need to !@#$ as good as blizz is and as much money as they make it does not make coding any better code will be code and even blizz never fully 100% knows how code is going to react
90 Gnome Mage
What about those new players that have been struggling to clear it only to see a Bug Abuser clear it all on their own? Face it, you're protecting a blatant abuser and if I would bet mone I bet you abused it as well that's why you don't want any abusers to be punished out of fear of being banned yourself.Any reasonable and non-bug abusing player would never come to the defense of an abuser. Only those that abused and had the intent to abuse and wish to get away with it would do this.So the one trolling here? It's you, you're the troll. Not the ones that demand justice for those that severel;y abused the bugs, no the guys(YOU) that are defending those for using the bug for a huge unfair advantage are the trolls.

/sigh. Personally I don't care one little bit because this is a video game not a career and I do not believe the pally's that have been posting quite reasonable arguments here are trying to cover for themselves, because maybe I have a little bit more faith in humanity than you?

Now if they were breaking into Orgrimar Knox and stealing your gold, yeah. Whoopin it up for a few hours trashing some boss or other or reliving their former Wrath glory in an unrated BG for a couple of hours, I don't think so.
90 Worgen Hunter
/sigh. Personally I don't care one little bit because this is a video game not a career and I do not believe the pally's that have been posting quite reasonable arguments here are trying to cover for themselves, because maybe I have a little bit more faith in humanity than you?

Now if they were breaking into Orgrimar Knox and stealing your gold, yeah. Whoopin it up for a few hours trashing some boss or other or reliving their former Wrath glory in an unrated BG for a couple of hours, I don't think so.

Yes they are trying to cover their own rears. Anyone that doesn't agree that they should be punished for blatantly and severely abusing the bug for their own benefit needs to get their head checked. It's like patting a thief upon the back while telling those that worked HARD for their dues to just suck it up.

Blizzard has banned abusers in the past, anyone that severely abused this bug should be banned as well. If not than Blizzard should just unban everyone, like YOU WANT, and never ban anyone again no matter what they say or do because "It's just a game" in your own words.

Are you really struggling to clear old content with a group? That's no one's problem but your own then. Make friends with good players.

I have no fear of being banned. I did nothing wrong. :)

I'm only defending the innocent, which the VAST majority of paladin players are. The actions of a few do not speak for every player and every player shouldn't be punished for it. I'm sorry you disagree but Blizzard is handling this properly.

I'm suggesting that anyone that knowingly abused this bug for an unfair advantage should be punished. Without that bug they couldn't have done the things they did. Thus they abused it for their own benefit which should require punishment.

At least some of these abusers are dumb enough to post themselves abusing the bug on youtube, it should save Blizzard a lot of time.
Edited by Sardorim on 2/3/2012 6:46 AM PST
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]