Update on Retribution Paladin Bug

(Locked)

85 Worgen Warlock
I love how every person defending the no rollbacks are pallies. Ofcourse you guys are going to whine about it, you exploited a bug knowingly and chose to use it to do things otherwise unreachable by you normally. Can't down H DW? Bring 5 pallies. Can't reach glad? 2,3,5 pallies. Blizzard should roll back any and all pallies that gained from this bug, ontop of any guilds that gained from exploiting the bug.
90 Worgen Hunter
I don't want rollbacks, because that wont change that the severe abusers are still roaming free.

Punish the worst offenders, make an example out of them.
2 Draenei Paladin
So the PvPers demanded for a vengence nerf and Blizz gave it to them... and there comes the Paladin's bug ROFLSTOMP-ing in arenas and BGs just because Blizz probably accidentally made one of the 'for' or 'while' statements in the coding to run on an infinite loop.... I for sure had the lulz about the funny stuff that the bug brought to my guild while finding out by accident in a fun FL raid... And 1/2/2012 shall be remembered always as the Wacky Pally Wednesday that brought me laughing till I cry...

PS : There's no need for bans or rollbacks... This is entirely Blizz's fault and Pallies are just doing their own rotation...

*Psst... Better not demand for more or a bug much worse than this happen... After all its just a game...*

PEACE :)
90 Gnome Mage
02/03/2012 06:43 AMPosted by Sardorim
Blizzard has banned abusers in the past, anyone that severely abused this bug should be banned as well. If not than Blizzard should just unban everyone, like YOU WANT, and never ban anyone again no matter what they say or do because "It's just a game" in your own words.

This is Amerika... innocent until proven guilty! And no... I could give a rat if someone killed rag and I haven't yet. I admire Mionelol for soloing the Lich King and sure wish a mage could do that too, but I am not screaming "ZOMG nerf DKs!" Yeah ban gold sellers and people who run bots all day (either farming mats to sell or for xp and rankings) because those are clearly intetional long term exploits that will give a person a clear advantage over others.

In this case Blizz made an error that made it impossible for a pally to play normally without exposing themselves to the bug and may not even have noticed the bug to exploit it (with clear intent to abuse the system and achieve a long term advantage over other players). You are acting like a lynch mob ready to hang people without a trial! Yeah, punish obvious abusers with criminal intent but to punish people who were doing what they normally do (i.e. soloing old dungeons or raids, which I do all the time, or running the LFR and thinking "wow these bosses are dying faster than normal" ) is criminal in itself.
90 Dwarf Paladin
I don't want rollbacks, because that wont change that the severe abusers are still roaming free.

Punish the worst offenders, make an example out of them.

And that is what they will do.

However, it will have to be clear cases of abuse. The guild who was already 7/8 DS HM and went 8/8 with a ret they always run with will probably not be touched, and rightly so (actually, so far there is no evidence of anyone actually getting a server first with the bug).

The PuG that ran 6 rets and got to spine one shotting all the way, however, will probably lose all their loot.

The established arena team that made it to 2200 rating with the ret they always run with should be left alone.

The team that went from 0 to 2200 with 3 rets should lose all their rating.

However, the problem with PvP is that it will be impossible to do anything about the people who got beat up on by bugged rets because as those teams lost rating they would have gone up against teams with lower rating who then got stomped, and so also should get their ranking back. As should the teams they stomped in turn.

But, because the window of the bug is so small in all honesty too few people were affected in PvP that any kind of rollback would harm more people than it would benefit.
People are being silly.

Blizzard doesn't have the time or resources to launch a full-scale criminal investigation into the achievement logs of every member of the most-played class in the game (even among Prot or Holy mains, Ret off-specs are rather common). That's really all there is to it.

Not to mention the that, unless the person did something stupid like a post a big video online about it like "HEY LOOK AT THIS EXPLOIT THAT I AM EXPLOITING" there's no real accurate way to judge who cheated and who didn't.
90 Worgen Hunter
Blizzard has banned abusers in the past, anyone that severely abused this bug should be banned as well. If not than Blizzard should just unban everyone, like YOU WANT, and never ban anyone again no matter what they say or do because "It's just a game" in your own words.

This is Amerika... innocent until proven guilty! And no... I could give a rat if someone killed rag and I haven't yet. I admire Mionelol for soloing the Lich King and sure wish a mage could do that too, but I am not screaming "ZOMG nerf DKs!" Yeah ban gold sellers and people who run bots all day (either farming mats to sell or for xp and rankings) because those are clearly intetional long term exploits that will give a person a clear advantage over others.

In this case Blizz made an error that made it impossible for a pally to play normally without exposing themselves to the bug and may not even have noticed the bug to exploit it (with clear intent to abuse the system and achieve a long term advantage over other players). You are acting like a lynch mob ready to hang people without a trial! Yeah, punish obvious abusers with criminal intent but to punish people who were doing what they normally do (i.e. soloing old dungeons or raids, which I do all the time, or running the LFR and thinking "wow these bosses are dying faster than normal" ) is criminal in itself.

The logs prove their guilt.

If you see one guy in a level 85 Raid soloing it than there's no room for doubt, he's abusing. Please, use your head next time. As I said,. if Blizzard followed your flawed logic than no one would ever get banned for breaking the rules and ruining the experience of the many for their own gain.
Edited by Sardorim on 2/3/2012 7:48 AM PST
90 Troll Druid
02/03/2012 07:44 AMPosted by Cornflower
Blizzard doesn't have the time or resources to launch a full-scale criminal investigation into the achievement logs of every member of the most-played class in the game (even among Prot or Holy mains, Ret off-specs are rather common). That's really all there is to it.

:D It doesn't take a full scale investigation to go threw logs. Blizzard i imagine has narrowed it down to a small group of possible excess abuse. You dont understand that blizzard keeps track of alot of things do you?

The bug lasted 4 hours if you were doing only 4k extra you werent using the seal that was bugged or you missed the time. 4k is not really a bug. 200k is
85 Draenei Paladin
No 1 read my post I take it? Druids were doing 120k dps also...
90 Troll Druid
The logs prove their guilt.

If you see one guy in a level 85 Raid soloing it than there's no room for doubt, he's abusing. Please, use your head next time. As I said,. if Blizzard followed your flawed logic than no one would ever get banned for breaking the rules and ruining the experience of the many for their own gain.

Most people dont care about abuse to get achieves that are easy to get. Anyone who stacked for server firsts "if anyone did I havnt found one yet" and blatant intentional abuse for pvp needs to be fixed.

A rollback effects 100% of the players when only 10% maybe actually care. Blizzard would make more people angry with a rollback than happy. Blizzard will punish people if they feel its needed and leave it at that. Zamm brings up really good points about how even with the bug bad will return to bad in pvp.
90 Troll Druid
02/03/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Cise
No 1 read my post I take it? Druids were doing 120k dps also...

Unless it was some obtuse unused skill then no druids weren't effected.
87 Undead Warlock
People are being silly.

Not to mention the that, unless the person did something stupid like a post a big video online about it like "HEY LOOK AT THIS EXPLOIT THAT I AM EXPLOITING" there's no real accurate way to judge who cheated and who didn't.

Exactly. You know how much resources that would take? How much analysis?

90 Dwarf Paladin
02/03/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Reveries

:D It doesn't take a full scale investigation to go threw logs. Blizzard i imagine has narrowed it down to a small group of possible excess abuse. You dont understand that blizzard keeps track of alot of things do you?

The bug lasted 4 hours if you were doing only 4k extra you werent using the seal that was bugged or you missed the time. 4k is not really a bug. 200k is

This is true. They know the time frame and they know which groups ran with pallys. A quick check of logs would tell if those were rets.

But then it will take a little longer to check if those groups normally run at that time, and whether they did anything that it would not be unreasonable to expect them to do without ret being bugged.

LFR there is no point in touching.

PvP, again they can check which teams ran at that time, with a pally. I suspect that teams that normally run with a ret will be left alone. Those that formed as new teams will have their rating removed.

And I doubt they will do anything for the people who lost ratings to bugged rets.
87 Undead Warlock
02/03/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Reveries

The bug lasted 4 hours if you were doing only 4k extra you werent using the seal that was bugged or you missed the time.

No, but think how much data there is in 4 hours, even for 1 class, GAME WIDE on the NA servers. Yes, thats a tiny !@# window BUT you think somebody figured crap out in that time? Sure they could notice, but either way, you think they would suddenly stop playing if, "Hmmm dmg spike suddenly...???" If it was 4 hours, they could have been in the middle of something.
90 Troll Druid
02/03/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Garamsythe
Exactly. You know how much resources that would take? How much analysis?

Your crazy. If you have a list of things your looking at.

1.Server Firsts.
2.Arena rankings

1-You check to see what server first happened in the 4 hour time frame. From what I see its zero.
2-You seem what arena teams were created DURING the bug and what ones were created with multiple pallies. You then see out of those what ones climed up the ranks.

Blizzard probably had all that done before posting in the forums and when they saw how little the abuse actually gained and how most of it was temporary gains they through out the idea off rollbacks.
90 Troll Druid
02/03/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Garamsythe
No, but think how much data there is in 4 hours, even for 1 class, GAME WIDE on the NA servers. Yes, thats a tiny !@# window BUT you think somebody figured crap out in that time? Sure they could notice, but either way, you think they would suddenly stop playing if, "Hmmm dmg spike suddenly...???" If it was 4 hours, they could have been in the middle of something.

Yep thats alot of data but like any difficult problem after breaking it down into smaller pieces it becomes more manageable.

Im not saying pallies doing what they normaly do should be punished. I'm saying the ones who created areana teams and stacked pallies because of the DPS boost should loose there ranks. If a pally stacked group didnt get a server first its not to big of a deal lets see how they do outside of the bug.
90 Troll Druid
wow.realmpop.com

Shows a total of 2,755,852 Paladins. Thats on all servers. If blizzard can check and see what ones logged on in a 4 hour time frame then that narrows down all possible angles of abuse. There are tons of logs that wow generates yes but if you use the right filters it shrinks down alot.
90 Blood Elf Priest
wow.realmpop.com

Shows a total of 2,755,852 Paladins. Thats on all servers. If blizzard can check and see what ones logged on in a 4 hour time frame then that narrows down all possible angles of abuse. There are tons of logs that wow generates yes but if you use the right filters it shrinks down alot.

dumbest thing ever for banning someone for using thier character freaking dumb. Its a proc it not an abuse you can physically control you would literally have to not use your character.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]